#1 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hello, I see tension relax got a new max level up to 6, (I haven't played for a really long time, left even before noels were released)

I have plans on maxing it out, I tried it on my ML3 Warrior on sea server and seems to heal A LOT, doing solos so far to just experiment around, though I've already made a warrior here and planning to do the same.

I have no battle tactics yet as I don't have any good agi int cards or gear, just started playing on iRO2 again since sorc was my main here before.

Yes, I plan on taking BT around ML10-20 though. May also take it early as soon as I get good gear.

The thing is, I plan on sacrificing Aura Strike for Tension Relax, is that a good idea?

My plans upon reaching level 50:

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

ML10:

ML20:

Edited by Lostac, 13 September 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#2 kkusagami

kkusagami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

you dont gain skill point every master level up.

#3 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

Yup, I'll buy them in time

#4 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

sorry, double post.

Edited by Lostac, 13 September 2014 - 09:06 PM.

#5 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

This is my built when i grind. You must max BT as soon as possible cause menace gear will give you 15-20% crit , and if you party with a sin/Rogue , u will got more 10% crit  so basically you will crit all most of time :D

#6 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:30 AM

This is my built when i grind. You must max BT as soon as possible cause menace gear will give you 15-20% crit , and if you party with a sin/Rogue , u will got more 10% crit  so basically you will crit all most of time :D

That helped a lot, didn't really know what blue master gears give, thanks!

Is it really okay to leave bash at 1 though? or is this pure brandishing on condors(till I get enough points?)

Edited by Lostac, 14 September 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#7 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 01:31 AM

pure Brandish storm for grind~ ( well, with ML, AoE is used mostly of time). U can battle leap then rage strike, then spin2win after that xD. 

I still searching a good skill built for both pve vs pvp now with my warrior xD, may be i will try to remove berserk and give point to pummel vs bash .

#8 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

IMO Tension Relax is purely optional. In PvE or grinds, you will most likely need and have a healer. My Soulmaker f.e. did have 10k HPs when he reached master levels and the three stacks of Cure recovered 4k every 2sec. And I can assure you that this won't get that different on higher levels. So judge by yourself how good Tension Relax really is.

In addition, I would skip Berserk and increase Endure instead. Currently, your biggest threat is being stunned, DoT-ted to death or one-shotted, not dealing a bit more damage.

Edited by Greven79, 15 September 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#9 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

Initially I thought maxing Tension Relax would be a great idea but I quickly realise the skill heals too much and we have enough def, to tank a lot already with ML gears. I set it to 3/6 or 4/6, max Bash and for Aura Strike I leave it at 1/5 or 4/5 depending on whether I want to max Rage Strike or invest more points in Bowling Bash or Battle Leap. And BT with a decent level of crit rate is a must for swordmen.

Have fun!

#10 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

Battle Tactics is your most important skill for DPS and threat, should be one of the first skills to max.  Tensions Relax is not needed for PvE purposes, but no good PvE content right now, so it's really a preference thing lol...  for PvP, it's a must IMO especially in a 1v1 situation.  Aura Strike is okay if you have extra skill points, but we have a lot better skills to use the points on.  If you have high vigor, it's better to save the rage for Tension Relax or Rage Strike than waste on Aura Strike IMO.  These are just suggestions though, if you have the money and patience, best is to try out different builds yourself.  If you want to discuss warrior skills or want tips, pm me in game or come find me in Prontera ch 4 <3 :3

#11 Maharaorajah

Maharaorajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

The thing is, I plan on sacrificing Aura Strike for Tension Relax, is that a good idea?

Yes. In my opinion it is better to max out Tension Relax in both PvE and PvP situations. Let's say you're in a party with a healer who doesn't know how to heal or lags terribly and just can't heal, or even is semi-distracted by watching a show when they should be healing you >.> (The only reason I bring this up is because it has happened to me plenty of times even to this day....). The max TR will help you out in plenty of situations (and can save you pots if you're tight on zeny). Of course, this may not be needed at all if you have a heal pet or if you have a reliable healer in regards to PvE situations but since I don't know your particular situation (whether you are a solo player that joins pugs for grinds or are in a reliable guild) that is the only reason I bring this up. 

#12 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

If your priest...

doesn't know how to heal or lags terribly and just can't heal, or even is semi-distracted by watching a show when they should be healing you

... a maxed Tension Relax won't save you.

In general, Healing Pets > Pots > Tension Relax. So sure, nothing stops you to use that skill as well, but in contrast to the other options, it's rather insignificant.

In PvP, you can skip the pets part, but you can also exclude "fair" // "balanced" situations as well. Whereas a PvE boss might still be "challenging, but beatable", the typical PvP situations are short and deadly. So if you think that a maxed Tension Relax helps you against Priest DoTs, a critical Rage Strike or a Cross Impact out of hide, go for it. But my advise is to give Endure preference.

#13 Maharaorajah

Maharaorajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:05 PM

... a maxed Tension Relax won't save you.

I'm only talking from personal experience, but there have been times while I have been grinding in osi/DW where a max Tension Relax has saved me even with a lazy priest. But to be fair on your comment, I do use healing pets and pots as well in those situations. But at the same time, a maxed Tension Relax has certainly saved me from mobs when my elder/willow and pots didn't suffice. However, I still believe that Endure is an important skill to give preference to.

I just want to clarify that I am not telling the OP that max TR is all you need to survive in such a PvE situation. I would also ideally recommend a heal pet with max cooldown and pots.

Edited by Maharaorajah, 06 October 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#14 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

These are my skills atm, already done buying 20 skill points and 100 stat points at ML20 as mentioned in my first post, but I can't really decide, what I do plan is:

Max TR, Lv 3 endure 

or

Max Endure, Lv 4 TR

or

Start doing an actual pvp build later on, lowering brandish storm and increase levels on either skill, but I don't like resetting whenever the level cap gets increased.

thanks for the help guys!

image.jpg

Edited by Lostac, 06 October 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#15 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

I made a Warrior simulation here: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Just for fun. That would be a PVP oriented build with a way to also grind.

Why 3/6 Brandish you ask? A level 3 Brandish has 317% damage which is higher than a 6/6 knight's Grand Cross on Aurar Armor (308%). And I know I can tank mobs for grinding with a 308% aoe JUST WELL.

Endure 5/5 to have enough time to cast TR which will (probably?) save you from nasty DoTs on skirmishes.

10/10 Battle Leap for a constant gap closer with almost 400% damage (lolwut) which means you can kind of one shot people with it if it crits LOL.

Feels like an absolutely complete class to me, not sure why I rolled knight >_>

Edit: also remember that Battle Leap already works as a knock down (instead of stun) which will improve your Rage Strike damage by 30%, so it's easy to let go of Pummel Attack because of the high cooldown.

Edited by xLuc, 06 October 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#16 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

These are my skills atm, already done buying 20 skill points and 100 stat points at ML20 as mentioned in my first post, but I can't really decide, what I do plan is:

Max TR, Lv 3 endure 

or

Max Endure, Lv 4 TR

or

Start doing an actual pvp build later on, lowering brandish storm and increase levels on either skill, but I don't like resetting whenever the level cap gets increased.

thanks for the help guys!

id recommend the part i bolded b/c dmg reduction is very helpful and you dont need to build 100 rage to make the most use out of it(which takes forever in duels)

I made a Warrior simulation here: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Just for fun. That would be a PVP oriented build with a way to also grind.

Why 3/6 Brandish you ask? A level 3 Brandish has 317% damage which is higher than a 6/6 knight's Grand Cross on Aurar Armor (308%). And I know I can tank mobs for grinding with a 308% aoe JUST WELL.

Endure 5/5 to have enough time to cast TR which will (probably?) save you from nasty DoTs on skirmishes.

10/10 Battle Leap for a constant gap closer with almost 400% damage (lolwut) which means you can kind of one shot people with it if it crits LOL.

Feels like an absolutely complete class to me, not sure why I rolled knight >_>

Edit: also remember that Battle Leap already works as a knock down (instead of stun) which will improve your Rage Strike damage by 30%, so it's easy to let go of Pummel Attack because of the high cooldown.

Berserk isnt as helpful as it sounds, id recommend moving those points to a dif skill

#17 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

The real skills which are really important to max are Rage Strike, Endure and Battle Leap. Both for PvP and PvE, of course the Holy Battle Tactics. Tension is your choice to max but this will save your ass more than you know on raids when healers and pots are down ( you cant always count on heal pets not everyone has those ) and PvP when your pot is cd. 

Berserk isnt that useful right now as it gives minimal increase on your damage and takes away dodge. Battle Leap is great for mobbing and building rage, you can unleash a Rage Strike right after your leap. Endure i think is the one skill that you must not forget to max, that Sir is 40%  damage reduction. 

Edited by jhay1825, 06 October 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#18 Maharaorajah

Maharaorajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:43 PM

Max TR, Lv 3 endure 

or

Max Endure, Lv 4 TR

or

Out of your 3 options, I would go with the 3rd option since you just mentioned that you want to do a pvp build. Even when the master level cap gets increased, I don't think they will give us more skill points to use so I don't think you have to worry about that (however, I could be wrong on that but more than likely they won't give us more skill points to use).

#19 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:40 AM

id recommend the part i bolded b/c dmg reduction is very helpful and you dont need to build 100 rage to make the most use out of it(which takes forever in duels)

Berserk isnt as helpful as it sounds, id recommend moving those points to a dif skill

I noticed they changed Concentration description into Physical ATK instead of Attack Power, might as well have changed for Berserk too, does that mean any good?

Anyway, even though it's not much of a help, it is a bit a of help, what would be better worth investing into? I think Berserk is specially good in comparison to Concentration since you don't need a pre-requisite (build Rage) and the penalty of -10% dodge doesn't look as bad as +10% damage taken. Just use it and zerg stuff!

#20 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:41 AM

I noticed they changed Concentration description into Physical ATK instead of Attack Power, might as well have changed for Berserk too, does that mean any good?

Anyway, even though it's not much of a help, it is a bit a of help, what would be better worth investing into? I think Berserk is specially good in comparison to Concentration since you don't need a pre-requisite (build Rage) and the penalty of -10% dodge doesn't look as bad as +10% damage taken. Just use it and zerg stuff!

If you find the free points.... Berserk would be better than Concentration. Not due to the drawback, but because of insane vigor rates right now.

The original advantage of Concentration was that it doesn't have a cooldown. So if you could spare an Aura every 15sec, you could keep that running indefinitely. Berserk on contrast did have a cooldown, so the overall avg. DPS benefit was lower.

#21 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

Yep, that too haha. Pretty much you have Berserk up again when the 30 seconds of its effect are over, right?

#22 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

I tried Level 5 Berserk, turned defender off, and level 5 aura blade.

I'm going to say right here that the damage difference compared to when I had defender up, aura armor and Lv1 Berserk was VERY minimal...lol

Probably never gonna put Lv 5 Berserk ever again.

#23 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

I tried Level 5 Berserk, turned defender off, and level 5 aura blade.

I'm going to say right here that the damage difference compared to when I had defender up, aura armor and Lv1 Berserk was VERY minimal...lol

Probably never gonna put Lv 5 Berserk ever again.

Yes, without uber calculations of damage output and just by the "feels" of it (gameplay experience), I felt the same. A tanky warrior with Defender and Aura Armor on deals about the same damage as a DPS one, hence the obvious choice of going with tanking skills for the clear advantage it gives over a DPS type.

Edited by 5318130516144610857, 14 October 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#24 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

Since it's a little hard to reach parry cap now (70% right? or 75%?)

I think it's also worth investing on some points to parrying if not maxing it.

Has anyone ever bothered with parrying at all?

Edited by Lostac, 14 October 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#25 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:44 AM

Parry should be one of the main stats, I personally never bothered with it compared to Endure because parrying is based on luck whereas Endure gives a fixed damage reduction that becomes highly significant when maxed (or so the description says it). Also, a full-geared warrior gets enough parry % ouf of his strenght. The only thing that might lead you to invest more points into Parry would be, in my opinion, its lower cooldown. Again, it's up to you to decide what you think is best for your specific build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users