9/24 Phil Hartman Birthday Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

9/24 Phil Hartman Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

I am updating the descriptions but the basic for classic is

Helm +exp from fish race = (refine*2)% 1Def 1 slot

Armor damage reduced from fish race by refine% 4 def 1 slot

Manteau damage increased to fish race by refine% 2 def 1 slot

Ok thanks! Are they also account bound? Are you likely to add any new rewards or change them at all? I only ask because the NPCs says "For this week I have ...".

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

Smells like a reason to put batholians back in

#28 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:27 AM

Ok thanks! Are they also account bound? Are you likely to add any new rewards or change them at all? I only ask because the NPCs says "For this week I have ...".

Things will be added next week.

#29 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

I've yet to try the challenge dungeon.

But, with the Glast Heim spotlight and the map of the challenge dungeon being that of GH will get twice spawn, drop and exp too!? :P

I was tired from work when you told me about this so I paid little attention or tried to understand it. But now I think what it means is that you're being accused of selling third-party software and accepting in-game zeny as payment? 

what t that makes nono sense i feel like im being framed for someything i never did these GMs dont know what they are doing 

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:29 AM

I'm so confused it took me so long to find this thread because other maint threads are pinned and this isnt wtf?

#31 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Did you fix the treasure maps on Classic? Or add any of the new locations Renewal got?

#32 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

I went to Stings in GH and it did not appear that the spawns were increased. I didn't look all over the map to see if they're all bunched in one little corner, but it really did not appear that there was an increase in spawns. Did anyone else notice this or am I just that tired and out of it? (Which I admit is a very real possibility...lol)

GMs? was this intentional? or did you all infact increase stings spawns in GH sewer?

Edited by Ecclesio, 26 September 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#33 paultak

paultak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

what t that makes nono sense i feel like im being framed for someything i never did these GMs dont know what they are doing 

I've encountered someone doing this sort of thing, selling third party softwares such as bot, autopot and in my case, MP hack (delete or edit this statement if the said programs are unacceptable in forums).

It happened when I saw this priest pubbed with the title "S> Maya Purple C." I asked how much he wants for the card and he said he doesn't really have the card but he has this program or w/e so you can have maya purple-like effect lol.

I reported him and got banned I think. He was with Immortal Dreams guild that time and not sure if the guild was aware. He was living in UAE and his name sounded middle eastern.

Long story short, I think this applies to your case where people sell third party program stuff for zeny.

Hope things clear out for you and get unbanned soon man!

#34 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

Please put 80-120 anolians in Clock Tower Underground; remove some of the bathories from Clock Tower Underground and add 10-20 bathories to the niflheim fields.

Also maybe prepare an ominous mvp / instance thing for when october creeps upon us. Thank you.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

don't add bathories to niff, they're not MEable

thanks.

infact put the bathories into CT1

and then put anolians and bathories together in CTUG.

Edited by Xellie, 27 September 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#36 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Need non top 10 ranked slims as a reward in battlegrounds.

#37 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

GMs? was this intentional? or did you all infact increase stings spawns in GH sewer?

I didnt notice any increased spawns in Prison when I was there yesterday.

Can the GMs go into some detail about their usage of the same monsterIDs for their events? I remember someone mentioning something about limited db space for hats/monsters previously, but it'd be nice to understand the sorts of limitations you guys are under. You've been using New World monsters for the last couple of events and it's probably getting close to time to actually implementing the New World and finishing off the rest of the Classic content, but it's a little worrying that it may prevent you from creating anything new.

Also another public plan for the future would be nice, only permanent content I can recall going in this year has been Dimensional Gorge and we've heard nothing about the future since then.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:17 PM

Need non top 10 ranked slims as a reward in battlegrounds.

BG already gives out whites X_X

But if they did that, the slims they give out wouldn't stack with slims characters name because the ones bg gives out would have to be account bound.

So it'd be no different to just using the normal bg whites

#39 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:57 PM

But they weigh so much how. Can my 60str champ carry duel Meg's 3 or 4 hats and 3-4 armors plus enough seeds and whites :(

#40 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

Wow people need to make weight limit decisions about what to take instead of hulking their entire -_- storage around. Such sweet sorrow.

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

But they weigh so much how. Can my 60str champ carry duel Meg's 3 or 4 hats and 3-4 armors plus enough seeds and whites :(

You have access to dual megs?

I am not the person to cry to about that, I play a 60 str sinx with megs and SLEIPNIR.

#42 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, the weight should be reduced from 5 to 2 and should heal a little more.

#43 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

If you want slims or potions that heal more, get in your GD, hunt boxes and pot them.

With the number of people that use autopot on this server, at least I can take solace in the fact that maybe eventually they'll run out of potions rather than them being able to carry their entire storage with them. ^_^

#44 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

You can have fun doing mindless activities that involve no thinking at all, I'll pass. -

because BG in its current form is a riveting experience that requires an abundance of strategy...lol. granted, guild dungeons in this server could use a bit of tweaking, but still...

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 28 September 2014 - 06:19 PM.
Removing hidden content

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

So it's in this thread we learn that people bot bg on a fairly regular basis and sputnik actually pays people on iRO wiki to farm bg for him (check the market section).

Those two facts aren't related to eachother but still lead to the same conclusive point : people would rather not make pots.

Slims were originally reduced from 5 weight to 2 to encourage usage of the alchemist potting system over the use of mass mastelas. Whilst the system needs improvements, I don't think stripping away aspect after aspect of the game so it turns into "pay people to log on your chars and maybe bot battlegrounds and doing nothing but attending woe and standing around whilst other people kill 1 mvp a day" online isn't the correct way to approach it. 

Rather, the many quality of life improvements suggested by brewer players need to be taken seriously.

#46 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:56 AM

1 day we will be able to buy 30k whites direct to my storage ;) whatever happen that time they took suggestions on how to make potting more efficient for us?

#47 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:09 AM

Bg blues are still worth getting to reduce the workload on potters.

I don't think it would hurt to have slightly less (but no totally gimped) effective alternatives for handling suppling guilds. It might even be fun having rival guilds compete in bg!

I fail to see how offering more ways (some better then others) of handling supplies would hurt anything. Getting an entire guild together throughout the week would increase activity outside woe, reward playing together, allow the possibility of other guilds moving here, could be more fun then soloing gd, could be more fun then solo potting, and it would still reward and give benifit to the alchemists potting. If the only opposing things are the fear of potential botting, people have botted supplies for alchemists...

I see nothing wrong with rewarding team play and organization.

#48 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

come back to me when bg is fun on this server and not just a retarded farm fest that people bot

#49 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

Bots can be reported and banned? I don't see the issue. Nobody is forced to farm bg too, they can choose to fight.

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

Bots are not banned before they have prevented other players from entering. I know I often stopped doing BG because of that in the past.

Regarding fighting, nobody else wants to. If one group of people decide they want to fight, the rest of the server declares "bg is ruined" and log off for the night.

Same thing happens in GD, I can take my guild to start a fight down there but people won't compete.

Edited by Xellie, 28 September 2014 - 06:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users