Classic October 1st Maintenance Thread - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic October 1st Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

Today is the birthday of Julie Andrews. A very talented actress she was classically trained and is known for being in many musicals both on and off the stage.

Notes
  • TLAPD expansion: Treasure Map locations activated.
  • The Groove Pack dances it's way out of the item mall
  • 1 v 1 Arena for http://forums.warppo...t-champion-104/ goes in. The hosts will have control.
  • Glast Heim spotlight starts
  • Some drops updated for Challenge Dungeon
  • Instead of adjusting Challenge Drops we have increased the spawn with some being put into quadrants on the map. Monsters will always be a little more evenly spread out.

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

Epic spoiler! 

#3 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

Can the GMs go into some detail about their usage of the same monsterIDs for their events? I remember someone mentioning something about limited db space for hats/monsters previously, but it'd be nice to understand the sorts of limitations you guys are under. You've been using New World monsters for the last couple of events and it's probably getting close to time to actually implementing the New World and finishing off the rest of the Classic content, but it's a little worrying that it may prevent you from creating anything new. It's hard to come up with new ideas without knowing your limitations hence why people keep asking you do lower guild sizes/alliance etc.

Also another public plan for the future would be nice, only permanent content I can recall going in this year has been Dimensional Gorge and we've heard nothing about the future since then. We know you're working on the new training grounds, but it'd be nice to know what you've got planned for us.

You're also adding new rewards for the fishing stuff too right?

#4 Lexanord

Lexanord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:44 PM

You're also adding new rewards for the fishing stuff too right?

While you're updating the quest, please look into the Izlude ripple spot issues, two of the ripples appear on dry land and one of them is inaccessible, I think it might have been out of view. Thanks a lot Cam. :no1:

Edited by Lexanord, 05 October 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#5 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

"Glast Heim spotlight starts" What? LOL i thought it started last week? you have got to be kidding me

#6 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

"Glast Heim spotlight starts" What? LOL i thought it started last week? you have got to be kidding me

^^^ This

http://forums.warppo...ance/?p=1910065

Here you said for this week's maintenance, Comodo was leaving and GH began. Now you're saying GH begins this week?? clearly everyone was under the impression from the last update thread that spotlight was supposed to start on the week of 9/24. is this a joke? you guys finally pick a useful spotlight and don't even bother to implement it when your update notes said it was going to be implemented? several people (including myself) posted in the 9/24 thread asking about the spotlight and you guys don't even bother to respond to our concerns about the fact that it appeared that there was no spotlight in place -- and apparently we were right! that honestly shows the absolute lack of concern or respect you have for players of this server. several of my guildmates along with myself have already spent time in GH hunting and trying to figure out which maps had spotlight and which didn't.

PLEASE GET YOUR -_- TOGETHER. THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING. stop opening every update thread with ABSOLUTELY USELESS POINTLESS POP CULTURE crap. no. one. cares. we don't come to RO for this. if i wanted to know which celebrity's birthday it is, i'd just watch those dumb "entertainment" celebrity gossip channels on television or something.

work on actual updates that aren't trainwrecks. you all can't get any of your updates right the first time and it's terrible.

Edited by Ecclesio, 01 October 2014 - 04:17 AM.

#7 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:16 PM

TLAPD expansion: Treasure Map locations activated.

whats this?

can you give more details about the updated drops of Challenge dungeon?

#8 kakarottg

kakarottg

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:08 PM

GH spotlight hasnt started yet? No wonder i used 8 he bubble gum on stings and only got 1 sting card -_-"
T>sting card for 8 he bubble gums & my lost time

#9 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

I thought the spotlight was already in also, given the patcher reflects it and we were told it was changing last week >_>

#10 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:01 AM

Oh god!   :p_omg:

#11 staxx313

staxx313

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

how long is maintenance usually? im new to this server

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

how long is maintenance usually? im new to this server

4 hrs give or take

#13 Masa

Masa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:34 AM

I thought the spotlight was already in also, given the patcher reflects it and we were told it was changing last week >_>

This. You guys got some 'splainin to do!

#14 Jayalphy

Jayalphy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hello, yuhoo, Is granny boxter back from vacation yet, she has been gone for a long time and i miss her a lot ;(

#15 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

GH spotlight hasnt started yet? No wonder i used 8 he bubble gum on stings and only got 1 sting card -_-"
T>sting card for 8 he bubble gums & my lost time

What if Gravity actually reimbursed you 16 HE Bubble Gums? Wouldn't that just fix everything and make you feel like this company is awesome? Even if they didn't have the resources to do it for everybody, at least there would be 1 story of good customer service from Gravity floating around in the ether.

If only.

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

They did that regarding the guild supply drop rates being screwed when we wasted gum

there's your one good story, it was recent too.

#17 Otelib

Otelib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

does someone still have the problem that the egir helm (i don't have the others) still appears as an uknwon item? or is ti just me!?

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:53 AM

What if Gravity actually reimbursed you 16 HE Bubble Gums? Wouldn't that just fix everything and make you feel like this company is awesome? Even if they didn't have the resources to do it for everybody, at least there would be 1 story of good customer service from Gravity floating around in the ether.

Reading this made me think of the GMs scrambling to get the latest shipment of HE Bubblegums (Now with 2x the flavor!) from Korea HQ.

#19 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 02 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

So battlegrounds died when you GMs chose to promote Flavius over Tierra: Tierra rounds can't be dragged on forever, not easily at least.

Given the server's population, Flavius depends entirely on people agreeing to farm. If someone decides to mess it up then nobody wins and the round is dragged until the 30min duration limit. There isn't many players on Classic and the BG population is basically comprised of 60% AF K, 40% non-trans randoms and 1 wiz. Because no wiz = no BG.

We've all encountered that one arrogant guy who goes "you killed me, I'm ruining BG" :/
So basically 3 times a week people farm until one guy drags the round on for 30 minutes and then everybody quit.

They could just switch to Tierra but people don't do well with thinking. In other words it's up to the GMs to make Flavius less attractive than Tierra again.

Edited by MP5SD2, 02 October 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#20 Masa

Masa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:49 PM

Where's my granny boxter?

#21 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

So battlegrounds died when you GMs chose to promote Flavius over Tierra: Tierra rounds can't be dragged on forever, not easily at least.

Given the server's population, Flavius depends entirely on people agreeing to farm. If someone decides to mess it up then nobody wins and the round is dragged until the 30min duration limit. There isn't many players on Classic and the BG population is basically comprised of 60% AF K, 40% non-trans randoms and 1 wiz. Because no wiz = no BG.

We've all encountered that one arrogant guy who goes "you killed me, I'm ruining BG" :/
So basically 3 times a week people farm until one guy drags the round on for 30 minutes and then everybody quit.

They could just switch to Tierra but people don't do well with thinking. In other words it's up to the GMs to make Flavius less attractive than Tierra again.

Let me make a crazy  suggestion

Fight him. It's BATTLEgrounds, not farmville.

#22 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:19 PM

Let me make a crazy  suggestion

Fight him. It's BATTLEgrounds, not farmville.

LMAO "not farmville" XD you won the internet today :heh:

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

Fishing Items client fix patch released.

#24 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:27 PM

something something unban me

#25 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

something something unban me

I just noticed you live in Australia.

Such convict spirit! Row row fight the powah.

As a fellow Australian, I know that feel.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 06 October 2014 - 01:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users