Creative Event: Headgears! - Page 6 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Creative Event: Headgears!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

#126 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

Blahhh... so much time and money wasted......

#127 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:19 PM

I'd prefer it if you posted here so I can make an organized list so it's less work on Oda.

#128 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

Grats Dave and Kraujas! <33 Happy for you guys :3

#129 Saffire

Saffire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:21 PM

Congrats guys! :) So many lovely entries.

And i updated my entry post with my IGN and server :D

#130 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

Blahhh... so much time and money wasted......

Please don't be disappointed. You did a really good job. It wasn't wasted.

Please post your IGN so I can arrange your participation prize.

#131 r1r1

r1r1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

I edited my post with my ign and server :3

will we receive the participation prize in the next maintenance?

thx for all the positivations and thanks all for this fun event.

grats to all the winners!

#132 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

Huh. Interesting. Surprised the CoD, cake hat, and black magician hat didn't win anything.

Edited my original post nonetheless.

#133 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:29 PM

If everyone can do it before tomorrow I can hand him an easy master list and have it done chopchop ^^

A lot of people made it into the final bracket and Oda is well known for his eclectic tastes. His choices might not be perfect, but I think they are much preferable to players making the decisions, since everyone would start flinging the bias poo. The choices he did pick were among the highest score on the 5/5/5 scale, which were decided by Campitor, so it was a team effort. 

Like I said, everyone will be getting a little surprise, so don't get too saddened.

#134 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'd honestly rather see players make the decisions, since my headgear got the highest amount of upvotes, but didn't place even out of six possible winning slots. :P

I'm trying not to be a poor sport about it though, since I knew from the start I wouldn't win as long a s Oda was the judge lol.

Now Im going to go kill some people in pvp while wearing my rl crown of deceit, like a true nerd.

#135 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Well, I'm not really saddened since mine only took a few hours, but I'm sure the cake hat and black magician took much longer (one took a least 4 days according to the post). Tame's also arguably looked the best. Sometimes I question Oda's judgement, which makes these things... disappointing at times. Maybe you should have just had like 8 first bracket winners, lol.

Thanks for having the participation prizes, though. I'm excited to see what they are.

Edited by Tigra, 28 October 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#136 LillKraujas

LillKraujas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Omg! >< 

#137 Marionetta

Marionetta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Well I managed to win in the originality bracket yeey!!

I also edited my entry post with my IGN, I'll post it here too anyways:

IGN: Aromaessence

Oda is well known for his eclectic tastes.

When I heard this in the stream I forgot to take in mind the judges taste :gg: ....i mean what?

still, congrats to everyone!! and it's nice to see that EVERYONE is getting something, it may not be the glorious heavenly made sakura crown but hey! it's nice and that should do <3

Well, I'm not really saddened since mine only took a few hours, but I'm sure the cake hat and black magician took much longer (one took a least 4 days according to the post). Tame's also arguably looked the best. Sometimes I question Oda's judgement, which makes these things... disappointing at times.

Ohh... the irony!! my existing hat entry took a whole day to make

the orginal one took.... less than an hour @@

Edited by 7580140717124510843, 28 October 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#138 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

i made a hat... so i have that at least... yay

#139 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

Question: Was Oda given the steps to make the finished product, or was he just given pictures of the completed thing? Was he also given the list of materials since that was said to be weighted in the judging process?

Edited by Tigra, 28 October 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#140 r1r1

r1r1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:48 PM

Well, I'm not really saddened since mine only took a few hours, but I'm sure the cake hat and black magician took much longer (one took a least 4 days according to the post). Tame's also arguably looked the best. Sometimes I question Oda's judgement, which makes these things... disappointing at times.

Thanks for having the participation prizes, though. I'm excited to see what they are.

my black magician hat took 3 days to be made; w;

I finnished it at 3am (local hour) because I thought that the event was almost over too hahaha

but it's k, it's an event and we will win the participation prizes :3 and I will, at least, have the hat for some cosplay or something like that haha

(I hope the participation prize is a hat, pleeeeeeeeeeease ;w;)

or a pet

or both just kidding

Edited by r1r1, 28 October 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#141 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'd honestly rather see players make the decisions, since my headgear got the highest amount of upvotes, but didn't place even out of six possible winning slots. :P

I'm trying not to be a poor sport about it though, since I knew from the start I wouldn't win as long a s Oda was the judge lol.

Now Im going to go kill some people in pvp while wearing my rl crown of deceit, like a true nerd.

I understand, but at the same time I don't trust up votes. Why you ask? Because I once won a contest that way looong ago. I posted on fb for my friends to vote for me and thus it was so (not against the rules, but when it becomes about who has the most friends it's kind of lame). Not that you did that, but just for example of why I don't trust it. Plus, remember the voting contest against another game we had for double exp and someone botted the polls which resulted in Ragnarok being disqualified? It's just not something I can rely on. Our community isn't very honest that way.

You were definitely up there though. You did an amazing job. Honestly if a player were to be the judge it would just result in a battle of who has the most friends, or one person being attacked by the community over "bias" or "corruption". :/ Otherwise, I would love to do a community vote.

And it has nothing to do with you, honestly. There are people with way worse of a posting history than you who have won in the past. Hell, the fact that certain individuals aren't banned from forums yet speaks volumes (you can all use your imagination and I'm sure it will vary per person but everybody always thinks of 1 person they could live without on here). Don't beat yourself up :/ ...

#142 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

Question: Was Oda given the steps to make the finished product, or was he just given pictures of the completed thing? Was he also given the list of materials since that was said to be weighted in the judging process?

They were given direct links to the posts instead of photos like in the past. That is one thing I strived to improve. Every event gets a little better each time. I started by creating a word document with a title of each hat and a photograph of the in-game hat and item description. Then I linked to the actual individual posts. Each Section had a little blurb on how to rate it out of 5. When Campitor had graded them all, it was shipped back to me which in turn was organized and reshipped to Oda, who made the final decision.

Edited by Cinquine, 28 October 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#143 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

I understand, but at the same time I don't trust up votes. Why you ask? Because I once won a contest that way looong ago. I posted on fb for my friends to vote for me and thus it was so (not against the rules, but when it becomes about who has the most friends it's kind of lame). Not that you did that, but just for example of why I don't trust it. Plus, remember the voting contest against another game we had for double exp and someone botted the polls which resulted in Ragnarok being disqualified? It's just not something I can rely on. Our community isn't very honest that way.

You were definitely up there though. You did an amazing job. Honestly if a player were to be the judge it would just result in a battle of who has the most friends, or one person being attacked by the community over "bias" or "corruption". :/ Otherwise, I would love to do a community vote.

And it has nothing to do with you, honestly. There are people with way worse of a posting history than you who have won in the past. Hell, the fact that certain individuals aren't banned from forums yet speaks volumes (you can all use your imagination and I'm sure it will vary per person but everybody always thinks of 1 person they could live without on here). Don't beat yourself up :/ ...

It's all good. 

Nobody can accuse me of having too many friends here though lol, most people here hate me (or are at the very least annoyed by me), which is my own fault for the drama I sometimes cause.

#144 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

Well, I don't hate you.

#145 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

It's all good. 

Nobody can accuse me of having too many friends here though lol, most people here hate me (or are at the very least annoyed by me), which is my own fault for the drama I sometimes cause.

I don't hate you either. ^-^ And to be fair, your entry was one of my personal favorites.

Grats to the winners though, there were a lot of really nice entries.

Edited by Alaska, 28 October 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#146 JuggernautJones

JuggernautJones

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:45 PM

The COD should have won. One person making the decisions in a contest like this is more biased than any amount of 'Friends' up voting a single entry. At least the later issue can be resolved through legitimate means.

Regardless, congratulations to the winners.

#147 taianlight

taianlight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

I was surprised no one attempt a magnolia hat since that's Oda's favorite monster.

#148 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

There is no "should have won" - it was based on an opinion. It would be nice to have a community vote but among the problems Cinquine listed, there's a good chance it would become a popularity contest.

Maybe if in the future entries were submitted anonymously? I mean of course people could still tell their friends to vote for their own entries but maybe it'd be a little more fair...

#149 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

I highly encourage people to contact Oda if they are interested in doing events. The whole reason I started doing this in the first place was because I didn't like that forum events at the time only really catered to one type of player: the kind who could draw.

Honestly I think it's fresher when it's not the same three people doing it all the time.

#150 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

I'd love to do more events. I love to sculpt. I just get disheartened knowing that the judge doesn't like me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users