#1 Kghinn

Kghinn

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Nun ya

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

I am not new to Rose, however I am used to an irose server and have not played for a few years aha

Currently im at lv 110 and a raider, and have followed the route as a tank/quadra AOE spam build, so far its working well, however im only used to Katar raiders and their specific builds. I was curious about a few things, are dual wield raiders that useful in late game, as a class and for its total AOE output contribution in a party. Was hoping for a pointer or two, where to go to for leveling up aside from temple in elveroon

Much Appreciated

#2 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

You will not do as much damage as a champ for example, but a dual raider will tank much better than them! Plus your debuffs are freaking useful!

#3 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:44 AM

Hi Kghinn,

Dual Raiders are very versatile, with a lot of utility skills, like AoE slows - high dodge cooldowns and a good survivability. Overall Dual Raiders are great especially for players who are new to Rose/Raiders - the only disadvantage that makes them not as attractive as katars (and this is just in PvP, because in PvM dual raiders are mutch better than katar raiders) is the lack of damage output compared to their claws swinging classmates.

Hope this helped you!

Good luck and enjoy Rose! =)

Greetings

Matt

Edited by iMatt, 02 October 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#4 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 02 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

They're one of the best characters for PVM due to their ability to reliably disable monsters (high aspd, accuracy, movement speed down), both AOE and single targets. 

In PVP they're also strong but harder to do well with than their katar counterparts.

#5 Kghinn

Kghinn

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the advice :) Im looking forward to leveling up a raider :D

#6 Iazu

Iazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:45 PM

I talked with a buddy of mine who has been playing for a while here, he said you should mostly look at it as
Katar: DPS / Pressure
Dual: Bust / CC

Not sure from personal experience, but I think he knows what he's talking about.

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:54 AM

I talked with a buddy of mine who has been playing for a while here, he said you should mostly look at it as
Katar: DPS / Pressure
Dual: Bust / CC

Not sure from personal experience, but I think he knows what he's talking about.

Duals burst isn't that big compared to other burst classes (mage, sword and axe champion, cannon bourg), and they actually have both burst and consistent DPS due to their ability to consistently chain skills one after another. I'd say they're more of a jack of all trades, but a master of none (except maybe CCing, but even there there's classes that are sometimes more capable).

#8 Kghinn

Kghinn

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

Seems like Dual Raiders are just good at surving and dealing a moderate amount of damage,

#9 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

which is perfect for new players, isn't it? once you are more experienced you can think about switching to katar raider -- how does this sound? :)

#10 AvidG

AvidG

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hello everyone!

Massively new here (about 5 days) and had a few questions. This was the most recent post that was relevant to my question without me creating a whole new post, so I thought I would ask here (hope I didn't do something wrong. If I did, apologies) ^_^

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, the question - if I wanted to make a raider just to fight the big monsters (kings, I think), what stats and skills should I take? I heard the big guys have good drops so I wanna fight them (solo if possible) and I was thinking about making a dual raider. :)

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

AvidG

P.S. : Have a bit of trouble reading through long lines of words and numbers is a bit difficult for me, so pictures would be really helpful. ^_^

#11 Kghinn

Kghinn

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

I am not an expert by any means, however I have a pretty good grasp of how dual wield raiders work at the moment, but I'm still learning :P 

The main stat you need is Strength, for defence, hit points and your dual wields attack damage, pretty much what separates a dual raider from a katar raider

Secondly, you will need enough Dexterity to use your weapon, in addition to a bit more for added dodge rate, movement speed and addition attack damage

Charm and Int personally I am ignoring, charm i dont think has much of a use for dual wield raiders, and int, well if you want added mp and magic resist.. but id save that for a much higher level not needed at a lower level :P

For concentration my rule of thumb has kinda always been, if i notice myself missing ill add more in, but nothing good buffs and stats on your gear/weapon cant solve

Sen is pretty important, but more than less for katar raiders because of their superior attack speed to keep your opponent in a crit lock, if thats still even a thing in rose evo, it was in irose and hauled massive amounts of derriere  

Gems:, although im aiming for a lot of strength I got dexterity based jewellery, and socketed it with garnets for added dex because I guess im old school, high dodge rate is a beautiful thing

Skills: aim for passives and aoes, passive are very important for making your character i guess uhh durable and useful.. added dex, attack speed, defence, armor penetration and so on and aoes make your guy more useful in large parties and for levelling up

I will post pictures later when I'm on my own PC :) hopefully this helps 

Pictures of my own stat and skill charts that is :)

Cheers Mang!

#12 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

For soloing kings, put points into charm till your freezing assault (single target in raider skill tree, last single target skill) has an aspd down of -95%. Any monster hit by this skill will STOP attacking completely, meaning no matter how weak your equipment is you can take on any monster in a fight as long as you use this skill. (note: they can still use skills but auto attacking becomes impossible for them. Since most bosses don't have any combat skills, they will just stand idle)

Put rest into dex/sen mostly for maximum damage output, str no longer gives as much attack power as dex does.

Con is rather pointless in pvm since monsters have pretty much no dodge.

#13 Kghinn

Kghinn

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Really? Charm has a use aside from buffing eh

#14 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:42 PM

Yes. Charm not only affects buffs, but also enhances the crippling effect of debuffs. A dual raider in particular benefits greatly from charm due to having a multitude of different debuff effects (defense, attack speed, movement speed and accuracy down), most of them with plenty high effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users