TKM: Designating maps with SLS Perception - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

TKM: Designating maps with SLS Perception

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:11 PM

Wondering about this: Is it more practical to designate maps differently, or is it best to just stick with one alignment for all maps? As I see it, SLS Heat has the same effect no matter whether it's S, L, or S, while SLS Protection increases Def, Flee, or ASPD respectively. But since you can only use one of them in each map anyway, it may seem best to just stick to the one that's most useful for your build in every map. Probably ASPD (Stellar) for Agi Kickers.

On the other hand, since you also have to wait for the right days to use SLS Protection, so you may also want to have maps with the other alignments. That way you can always have the possibility to use the skill, and won't be forced to wait for the right day. Know what I'm saying?

To make long stories short: Concentrate mainly on one alignment, or mix them up as much as possible?

PS: Feel free to also give advice on the similar issue with SLS Opposition.

PPS: The TKM Skills generally do seem a bit forced. :dunno:

#2 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:20 PM

Kayalaan,

I know this is an older thread but trying give our TKMs some love too.

Regarding maps, you can align one map with one type (Sun, Moon or Stellar) or all 3 on one map. It depends on your build.

Know that SLS Heat and Wrath are generally more handy as skills versus protection. Stellar Wrath adds in STR stat to the calculation. Also, you can pretty much use the SLS any day of the week now. So, the whole 2nd day...blah blah is just fodder now.

Blessings can be a waste if you do not want to skill reset at level 99/50.

After that the SLS Union, if can team with a Soul Linker and/or SLS Shadow are good areas to concentrate on next. If you still want SLS Protection throw a point in it each. Just know the SP cost higher and time is less.

My Priority
1) Heat
2) Wrath
3) Union (if you have Soul Linker)
4) Shadow
5) Protection (1 point on each SLS or 3+ on one)
6) SLS Courier (Situational and could fall between 3 an 5.

Now, map alignment reset trick.
1) Have Taekwon Kid skills Happy and Peaceful Break.

2) Go to a fellow Taekwon class character (Taekwon Kid, Master, or Soul Linker).

3) Set your shortcut for /doridori so you can spam it to ALT + 1. You'll need this later.

4) Have equipment with HP (1,500-2,000) and if possible SP enhancements. Not a requirement for the SP.

5) Use Mild Wind to get your SP as close to ZERO as possible. The farther the gap is between zero and max the less time it takes over all to reset the maps.

6) Immediately, remove your gears and re-equip them. I think you can hot key these too (F1, F2, etc.).

7) Sit down by the Taekwon character. (Referenced in step 2)

8) Spam ALT + 1 (previously set as /doridori). NOTE- you have to do about 6 spams for every Happy/Peaceful Break cycle. If you see extra HP/SP in addition to the usual "break" amounts you know you are doing it correctly.

9) If the maps do not reset, repeat steps 5 through 8, knowing that you have to get up to recast Mild Wind to drain your SP.

* If you do this correctly you can reset in as little as 5-10 minutes to as long as a couple of hours.

**You will see an Angel, the same type that does the blessings for when Taekwon classes gain a level. You will see in a box at the top in PURPLE writing that you alignments for maps and creatures have been reset.

That's it. LOL
I know it seems complicated, but once you get setup you can do the steps almost with your eyes closed.

Hope it helps.

-Sladeero

Edited by Sladeero, 21 March 2015 - 07:53 PM.

#3 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hello all,

Just some feedback. A fellow game mate (Taekwon Kid) helped with map reset tonight just by siting next to me. Total time spent to do reset 7-10 minutes....yes you heard me MINUTES.

Just have to know how to hit those spam keys.  :P

-Sladeero

#4 stormraven11

stormraven11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

I need help with this bad. If you would lend me these items and do this with me, it would be amazing. Not sure of any other TK's anywhere besides you. 

#5 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 10:44 AM

StormRaven,

Do this you don't need a ton (relatively) to make this work. It can still take around a week sometimes for this too happen.

Option 1 (CARDS)

1) Andre Egg Card, HP +5% (Shield)

2) Green Ferus Card, HP +10% (Feet)

3) Verit Card, HP/SP +8% (Feet)

OPTION 2 (Special Armors)

Another option is to get the Goibne armor set (This is likely the cheapest option). This is pretty cheap and gives a ton of HP/SP.

I used this to get the reset angel the first time. Recommend this link so you can find the pieces (use, www.ragial.com). You need to have a gap between what HP/SP you have and the Max amount in the bar for this to work.

Note, you will have to hotkey lots of things to make the switch smooth.

I have /doridori set to "alt 1".

You'll need 8 keys between the 2 sets of armors.

Locations to do this...

There are 3 bots (1-High Priest and 2 Soul Linkers) on the bottom left (Southwest) portion of Prontera where folks get all of their buffs from.

Go there and just run the cycle until the reset shows up. The only headache is since it's so popular the Soul Linkers get up and it can impede your progress. I had a friend help me one time but the Angel never showed. I always seem to get it at this spot, I don't know why. At one time I had heard a rumor the percent (.1% or .01% keeps increasing it you can keep it going without a break) NOTHING CONFIRMED on that. Likely just hearsay.

HP vs. SP (Happy vs. Peaceful Break)

I have never really found out which it is on this. I know when the Angel shows up both are gaining.

You will need the TK Break skills to do the Angel. You will know if you are doing it correctly if you get the Break icon (Starry Peace Fingers icon) on screen AND you get extra HP/SP. For example, I normally get 300 HP and 21 SP. In Break Mode I get 330 HP and 24 SP. This happens about every few seconds. Just keep spamming your Mild Wind until your SP is down to around "0." You won't get the extra SP if your SP is not at least halfway gone. Go figure on that part, just an observation.

Timeline

Be patient...goes without saying. I have run the spread of 2-4 weeks to as little as 7-10 minutes for a reset. The last reset took me about 1.5 hours of spamming /doridori over the period of a week. Advice, find a quiet time (if that is possible) to hit up the bots and run with it.

Hope this helps.

-Sladeero

Edited by Sladeero, 21 April 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#6 stormraven11

stormraven11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:22 AM

how did you set /doridori to alt 1?

#7 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:41 AM

StormRaven,

You have to set your MACRO short cuts.

"Macros are used to access most used emotes or phrases quickly. Press ALT+M to open the Macros window. Here, a list of shortcuts and the values assigned to them will be displayed. When opening for the first time, default emoticons will be linked to "ALT + 1" to "ALT + 0". These can be replaced with other emotes, phrases, or in-game commands."

Just type "/doridori"  (without the quotes) in the "ALT + 1" slot. After that, try holding down ALT and press 1. You should see your character's head move left and right...over and over.

Here's the link to all of the game controls.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Basic_Game_Control

Hope this helps.

-Sladeero

#8 stormraven11

stormraven11

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

thank you thank you :D So I should be able to do this by myself, the reset?

#9 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

StormRaven,

Yes, as mentioned just "sit" next to the Soul Linkers in Prontera (bots). The characters you sit by can by any Taekwon class person (Kid, Soul Linker or Master).

Be patient and get a pattern down. Too fast and the /doridori will not register. If you get hand cramps, take a break and come back. Slow and steady wins the race on this. Be sure to get a "screenshot" when the Angel pops up so you can save it as a trophy. I kept forgetting to do that and I finally remembered on my 3rd try.

Best of luck on the reset.  :thumb:

-Sladeero

P.S.- here is my last reset.

TKM-Reset-edit_zpsxf8mid5y.jpg

Edited by Sladeero, 22 April 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#10 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:37 AM

yeaaaah no...it doesn't work very well because of the ridiculously low chance for it to occur.  They need to change it, make it an actual skill that removes it manually, not sit and hope forever that RNGesus works in your favor because he absolutely HATES some of us with the utmost unholy passion...

#11 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:22 AM

The only thing I know of that does this is Santa Clause. I agree, it would be nice to have an easier reset capability even if it was a Kafra item. The general consensus is the TK class is forgotten. Anything which is suggested is immediately "no" or "ignored".
Part of the reason for that is the TK skills do not scale well and become uneven. Again, agree on mod for reset.

Edited by Sladeero, 16 August 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#12 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

I made this TKM just under 2 days ago, she destroys everything...and i mean EVERYTHING in her path.  2 Manananggal cards in a LoD(still need to upgrade it past 4, RNGesus doesn't like me at all), a +9rwh, incu pet and wph/alarm mask combo with hbp+7, earth deleter carded armor i've only run out of sp 1 time because of mobs immune to the element i'm using, and when they hit you or get in range and it misses it still counts as a "hit" so sp is taken, which is kind of dumb :/ but still, even in it's nerfed state SLS heat is strong if you build right, and flying kick to everything to knock them into a wall :3

#13 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

I made this TKM just under 2 days ago, she destroys everything...and i mean EVERYTHING in her path.  2 Manananggal cards in a LoD(still need to upgrade it past 4, RNGesus doesn't like me at all), a +9rwh, incu pet and wph/alarm mask combo with hbp+7, earth deleter carded armor i've only run out of sp 1 time because of mobs immune to the element i'm using, and when they hit you or get in range and it misses it still counts as a "hit" so sp is taken, which is kind of dumb :/ but still, even in it's nerfed state SLS heat is strong if you build right, and flying kick to everything to knock them into a wall :3

True, the leveling process is really quick these days. Manananggal cards are an excellent combo in substitute for the Dracula card and a lot cheaper too. I also Flying Kick monsters into the wall to Heat the daylights out of them.  :heh:

I also like to draw monsters away into a straight line and turn around only to Sprint right at them. Since they moving there's no rebound/bounce-back and they all die a quick death. Other players are like WTH just happened (e.g. explosive Looney Toons RoadRunner).

I use a +8 LoD with 2 cards and Malangdo enchants on it when SLS Heating monsters.Eventually I want to get it to +12 but do not have the desire fund it yet.

On another note, it "appears" possible to get around 75K or 80K dmg with the Flying Kick skill. I have done some tests to confirm how the skills' damage stacks. I have not been able to get 10 people in a party yet to do 100% testing. I have only been able to get 10 folks or so while inside WoE. 

However, you basically need:

- Mild Wind (200% dmg increase, check iRO wiki for which one to use)

- SLS Wrath (Stellar does the most, with STR factored in)

- Kihop (10 party members, yes I know how unlikely this is outside of WoE)

- Lex Aeterna (doubles the damage given and, priest needed)

- SLS Union (This has been adding around 30% damage average dependent on the monster, Soul Linker needed)

- Spurt Status w/ Sprint to doing Flying Kick (no books equipped)

One of my tests was on Dark Priests (yes I know they aren't very strong) but with

- Lunar Wrath

- 1-party member

- Lex Aeterna

- Spurt Status w/Sprinting Flying Kick

- Mild Wind (Holy)

* I may have had Blessing on but do not remember

**No food buffs**

I did around 26K damage on Dark Priests. Short of having 10 friends or 5 buddies multi-clienting (no I am not condoning that) helping you (2 of which are a Priest and Soul-Linker) your options for damage will not be as high.

This is also why TK classes are broke in the sense their damage potential keeps stacking.  If they were raised to a high level and you keep stacking LUK, DEX and STR for Heating and Wrath even I could see the ridiculousness of it.  :p_sad:

As they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Edited by Sladeero, 16 August 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#14 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:57 PM

lol we should team up sometime and go farming or something XD

Child of the Celestials  my IGN for her.  I didn't even think of getting sprint after i reset the skills, i maxed out counter/tornado and flying so i just hit 99 i'll reset that since i get infinite times to do so, perks of not being able to go past 99 yet XD.  But yeah Mal enchants don't like me, kept giving me agi/sharp :/

Also, union gets me killed too fast XD don't want my incu to run away from me lol he's the only thing that saves my sp in those rare times when it runs low/out and i can't use my RWH because too many mobs on me lol.

Edited by Alanthier, 16 August 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#15 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

A good way to regulate your self sustain without eating up so much hp items, have the LoD with the 2 mana cards in it and one of the 3 slotted elemental books with 3 HF cards in it, swap them out depending on your need at that time, I tend to last longer like that, especially when swapping between my wph and my RWH for the extra sp restore chance to add with incubus pet, as well as adding it's 5% chance for 16% hp restore(mine is +9 so it's 16% instead of 8%) along with the 9% chance to restore 45% of my damage dealt as hp, takes a while to kill me if it's done right.  Need to test this out with Union, but knowing my luck I'll die fast lol.

P.S. Still no luck with resetting my SLS stuffs :/

Edited by Alanthier, 17 August 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#16 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

Alanthier,

Sorry to hear about the SLS resets. I got pretty frustrated before my first time too. It's definitely luck of the draw when it hits. 

Nice work with the cards in the books. I am all about minimum use of potting if I can help it.

I had also been thinking about making an elemental book with Hunter Fly cards in it as well (x3). Books are cheap so I just buy a bunch and socket them at the guy in Prontera, much cheaper than buying socketing book/cert items. 

Do you plan on MVPing with your TKM ever?

On another note, I also have a Melee/Spirit, Soul Linker with the TKM Spirit. PM me if you would like to setup a time to test anything out.

#17 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

I hope to try to one day MVP with him, but from what i've read they aren't as effective because the number of hits it does per second has changed, you really do require 10+ ppl in the party for that extra damage boost, and trying to rely on union will get u killed :/ had hoped to maybe set the MVP summoner map for amon ra as a test to see if i can kill him or not since he's the easiest mvp AND I wouldn't have to worry about the mvp bot campers trying to steal the kill.  However it's gonna require a LOT of gear investment and I'm short on zeny atm because I have horrible luck XD.

I also have a Soul linker with the TKM spirit but I don't like to dual client with it, never auto follow's properly :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users