Spooky Tuesday Question Lounge for 10/14 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Spooky Tuesday Question Lounge for 10/14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

It’s the spookiest month of the year and a flimsy excuse to share some goofily spooky content! Ask your questions in this thread and I will answer them during next week’s Tuesday live show! The thread will be locked at noon the day of the show so I can get some proper answers for your questions.

One of my personal favorites, the Musical version of HG Wells’ War of the Worlds. Intensely British, this combines fun synth with the classic Victorian sci-fi epic.

#2 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

Do GMs/CMs spare some time to patrol maps that have been reported to house a handful of bots? I know that simply reporting a single bot requires a support ticket; but when someone in the forums mention about a bot-infested map and a lot seem to agree or if that someone sounds credible enough, do GMs/CMs actually go to that map just to have a quick check?

I mean... there's a group of SinX's in yuno_fild11 that have the same headgear and are obviously bots, but I'm not sure if anyone cares. :o

From what I understand because they are servicing tickets from around all of our games they don't have much time to be doing map patrols. Tickets, especially when reporting one of a large bot ring will lead to that whole ring being taken down. If you have sent in a ticket and the bots haven't been removed that is something where you should PM Warnhal with the ticket number.

#3 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

The stream channel has an info section and you've only managed to put a facebook link and a warpportal link (which btw is broken). There could be individual links to each of the games, the community raidcall, the times and days you actually intend to stream, forums, partner sites or hell even the current kafra/shop offers and much much more but you don't utilize it at all, why?

We did not use to utilize it because we switched the information between each stream, back when we had more. Now, it would be a wiser use to have a more informative general information section like you have described.

I get that you want to stream other games but when it isn't relevant why bother it's not promoting what you're trying to sell? your marketing and PR skills need looking at as a whole. Would you play a game like this just from word of mouth and continue to? I hate seeing pserver ads i don't actually think i've ever seen a WP ad anywhere >_> I love that you guys stream i really do, if you're going to there needs to be more i think, people who could stream each of the games you have so... rose, DS, RO1&2 etc on separate days or pre record game play that could be in the background as you do announcements/ Tiki tuseday. Most of the time your viewers come to hear about the game relevant to them and WP, i'm almost certain of that given the comments made in the last Tiki by a few viewers. 

The advertising cost to get even one person to register and play and pay for the game has become, through regular channels, astronomical. I do want to have ads and agree that it is demoralizing to see pservers doing a better job advertising than we are. I appreciate the feedback on wanting to see more RO streaming and have taken that into account for my future broadcasts. 

Has there been any eta on a Warpportal based wiki/database given the changes are different to the already established dbs and wiki? I recall asking a similar question which you'd said that it's a possibility/we could work on it. I'd love to know where certain mobs are with correct and updated information as i'm sure new players would, especially with classic. The renewal system with maps telling people the level range of the mob and that x,y, &z is a good place to go at whatever level the person is (i thought that was a great idea) would anything be added like this to the site or in game? would an in game database for mobs even be possible?

It is a possibility, but as of right now, the producers are concerned about the amount of time a WP run database would be to operate, and the need for a DB administrator to be doing the maintaining/setup. Though I do love iROwiki and our other fan databases, having a place on our own site to look for basic information would make a lot of sense.

Can geffen GD get some love, out of all the GDs this one seems to lack density and feels like the worst one of the GDs to level/hunt in :(?

Will your new thread about classic leveling in foundry include the thread you asked me to make?

There will be a link to both the TI and leveling improvement threads in the OP of the new foundry thread. 

edit: Noticed a few people complaining about the storing of items re: potion creations and having to swap and trade around... couldn't the max item amount be raised from 30k up to an infinite number? what is the purpose of the cap? I can't honestly see this being game breaking or impossible to do either.

Not sure if that would be possible without kRO involvement...

Edited by Oda, 14 October 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

Revamp Juno Bounty Board, please?

Juno
Level 70 - 100 Board
-Sleeper
-Harpy
-Goat
-Grand Peco
Level 101 - 125 Board
-Deleter (Ground)
-Deleter (Sky)
-Nightmare Terror
-Venatu (Blue)
-Venatu (Green)
-Venatu (Orange)
-Venatu (Purple)
-Apocalips

And here's the proposed new location for the new boards.

4bRpjlR.jpg

Holden says this would be possible for this week. 

Edited by Oda, 14 October 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

1. Geffen's 81~100 is bugged. I can't take Evil Druid quest.

2. Please add "Hunt All Monsters" option!

This fix for the monster hunt quests on the board should be fixed today, and the Hunt all monsters option should be added for at least some of the boards today. 

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

Juno
Level 70 - 100 Board
-Sleeper
-Harpy
-Goat
-Grand Peco
Level 101 - 125 Board
-Blazer
-Lava Golem
-Venatu (Blue)
-Venatu (Green)
-Venatu (Orange)
-Venatu (Purple)
-Apocalips

there aren't enough blazers and lava golems for a 150 kill count in my opinion (20 each natural spawn in magma dungeon 1, another 20 blazers in magma dungeon 2).  you should switch in both deleters (earth/sky) and nightmare terrors instead.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:33 AM

1. please add HUNT ALL option for eden leveling quest 100-140
2. please fix individual bonus of egir pieces and combo bonus of egir set. man, that item already here for a month and never been fixed. so people fish for nothing.

The egir bonuses should be working this week. For hunt all on the eden boards, we'll have to discuss that internally. 

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

there aren't enough blazers and lava golems for a 150 kill count in my opinion (20 each natural spawn in magma dungeon 1, another 20 blazers in magma dungeon 2).  you should switch in both deleters (earth/sky) and nightmare terrors instead.

Someone suggested Blazers to me; I didn't originally have them.

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:56 AM

um each lava golem spawns 2 blazers... and blazers have an instant respawn so everytime you kill one another is spawned... not seeing much of a problem there... its not like youll run out... the lava golems on the other hand have a 10min respawn which means you COULD kill them all and have to wait 10 mins for another 20 to spawn...

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

even if it's an instant spawn, 20 is a rough go especially if there are multiple people in the zone.  i guess you can keep the blazers in since they exist on magma dun 2 as well but all the other monsters on that map except diabolics have more than double the spawn.  also note that venatus and apocalips are 60+ each on their maps.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

I've switched the Blazers with Deleters and Nightmare Terrors, but if people want the Blazers back later one, we can request them to be added.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:41 AM

u need to get rid of lava golems too.  those are even more problematic than the blazers.

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:56 AM

Done.

#14 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

When do we get the white lady transformation hat that gives matk instead of atk like the drooping eddga hat?

It should be appearing in the not too distant future...

#15 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

im far more interested in the randgris transformation hat...

#16 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:03 PM

Put NPC in who give u mora coins for MVP loot

Edited by frohzn, 12 October 2014 - 01:03 PM.

#17 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

Do GMs/CMs spare some time to patrol maps that have been reported to house a handful of bots? I know that simply reporting a single bot requires a support ticket; but when someone in the forums mention about a bot-infested map and a lot seem to agree or if that someone sounds credible enough, do GMs/CMs actually go to that map just to have a quick check?

I mean... there's a group of SinX's in yuno_fild11 that have the same headgear and are obviously bots, but I'm not sure if anyone cares. :o

I can bet the answer is no. I wish they took the time to do this. It wouldn't take that long to go to places like Comodo, etc..., & see the numerous bots right there, by the kafra... They don't even have to go to fields to see this much.

#18 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

Can we have an option to turn succubus\incubus horns into costumes?

That could be interesting...

#19 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

Can we have an option to turn succubus\incubus horns into costumes?

+9999 and a certificate of Winning The Internet for you, Mokou.

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:18 AM

got some fishing event related questions:

1) can you please make sure that the missing treasure map locations are restored this maint?

2) Is there a reason why there is such a big difference between the base and job exp amounts awarded when redeeming the treasure maps?  it's 200k base vs 25k job for non-VIP, 300k/37.5k VIP

Could you look into increasing the job exp portion of the reward?

3) I know the fishing portion is leaving this maint, but can you look into increasing the drop rate of the rare fish in the future?  Specifically talking about Jumbo Shrimp and regular squid (not giant squid).  I have been actively fishing for the majority of this event, and have not been able to fish up either this entire time.  

I've gotten tons of sealed envelopes though, which sort of defeats the purpose of looking for rare fish when sealed envelopes yield more blue whales (15) than any rare fish except piranhas.  Squid yield 3 and Jumbo Shrimp 7.

Unfortunately Campitor is out today, but I'll ask if he can comment on these when he's back in tomorrow. 

Edited by Oda, 14 October 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#21 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:26 AM

I can bet the answer is no. I wish they took the time to do this. It wouldn't take that long to go to places like Comodo, etc..., & see the numerous bots right there, by the kafra... They don't even have to go to fields to see this much.

That is alot more time consuming than you think

#22 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

That is alot more time consuming than you think

Yea I'd figure, because of the evidences that they have to obtain first for each botter to avoid any trouble. But can't there be a small team dedicated to that? It could even be a one-man team... or even a volunteer player (I bet a lot of players here in the forums would be willing). Volunteers can do all the dirty work of investigating each botter, and then GMs/CMs can just smash their banhammers... right?

Edited by Exuro, 13 October 2014 - 06:12 AM.

#23 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

Nothing stopping players from doing that now

#24 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:46 AM

other than the fact that alot of the time no matter how much evidence you give them the SAME bots will still be there for the next 3 months... i swear sometimes they hire the people who read the tickets from Walmart... unless you tell camp or oda about a specific ticket number so they can go tattoo it on the GMs foreheads it seems like they just dont do anything... and Camp and Oda shouldnt have to take that much time outta there days harassing the GMs to do their jobs...

#25 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

I'm talking about an official team that's dedicated to doing this, where all tickets have their own queue so that they don't fall under all the other customer support tickets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users