Disconnects - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Disconnects

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:48 AM

Can you guys please fix the disconnect bug that happens whenever warping with a merc & hommun??? Please this is really annoying. It also happens a lot when just using a merc. Leaving Eden is the worse.

#2 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

Actually it's not only when using mercs. I just warped to Mora, while using my Sera, & was disconnect.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

This happens under certain (very unusual) network conditions. For some people, at some times of day, it'll happen constantly with a normal AI, while for other people, it will never happen, even using an AI designed to try to manifest the problem. We never figured out whatexactly it is about the network conditions, but that appears to be the key. 

That said, the immediate cause is the homunculus sending a command right at the moment it goes through a portal - and under those adverse network conditions.

When you are suffering from the network conditiosn that manifest this problem, minimize homun actions while walking through portals. Be sure to have UseIdleWalk turned off. If that isn't sufficient, you may have to put homun into standby while changing maps. 

This issue has always existed (since homuns existed). I would not expect any fix from kRO. We were complaining about it back when I was an undergrad....

#4 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

I even tried without the hommun, but with the merc, it still happened. I know it's existed & had this going on awhile back but for some reason it just stated again. Don't know what changed thow. I've seen a lot of other people posting about being disconnect when warping to maps. No one mentioned that they were using mercs or hommuns.

Maybe you or I should post this in regular chat then if no one can figure out the problem & fix it :/

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:20 PM

Merc and homun both have the bug. 

You said specifically that the bug only effected you when you had merc or homun out - so that rules out all any cause that doesn't depend on merc/homun. 

Could it have something to to with the fact that just a couple days ago, you asked me how to turn on Idle Walk? 

As I noted above, if you experience this bug, the first thing you should do is turn off UseIdleWalk, because it greatly increases the change of your homun trying to move while you change maps. 

#6 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:17 PM

I doubt it because this bug has existed for a long time now actually. It just seems to come & go. I'm not sure the reasoning behind this but it doesn't happen every time. I know I mentioned something about this happening with mercs long ago. I'm pretty sure there were others complaining of the same issue.

I can definitely see why they are having problems, for finding the reason behind it, especially since it doesn't happen all the time, or with every warp.

I will disable it although I seriously doubt this is the issue since it was happening even when just using the merc.

Edited by Razzez, 15 October 2014 - 02:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users