Freyja Server - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Freyja Server

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#26 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

This would be a perfect time for them to make a pre AoV Ro2 server(because no one really likes post AoV)

^ read that wp/gravity no seeds no imbalance skills.

#27 bheb03

bheb03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:06 PM

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p_love: :p_love: :p_love: :p_love:

#28 PhoenixFH

PhoenixFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:18 PM

Blarg. I return after several months of not playing... having many old things (like the founders title that I just started using and really want to keep)... to now having to switch... or rather... be behind.

I don't know. I'm not sure I'm going to really want to start fresh. I like my character and all the little things I've collected.

#29 silentlone

silentlone

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hm. I'm not sure I understand how would a second server work. Would it still show up once I login along with Odin, or would I have to make a new account to use it?

edit: Nevermind, it seems I won't need a new account. I guess it works like just another set of channels in the main menu, but with zero world progression or something? Better rush to get all the cool names I guess.

Edited by silentlone, 16 October 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#30 VModCherry

VModCherry

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 167 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

I posted the same topic about the new server i didnt notice theres one already can a mod delete it for me thx.

Done! :)

---

To those wondering, new server does not mean you will be losing all your progress in Odin. If someone wishes to give the new server a try and play from scratch, they can do so, while keeping their characters from Odin in there, intact. In other words, you can use your same account and play in either server, but your characters+info are bound to the server they were created in, and won't be transferred to the other. Just as you see the option for server Odin, you will later see the new server as a second option. No need to make new accounts for it.

I'll leave the thread open and you can keep discussing about this in here, at least until an official thread is made. However, please stay in topic, be civil, and do not attempt to spread misinformation. Better wait to have further confirmation.

Edited by VModCherry, 16 October 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#31 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

Done! :)

---

THX <3

#32 PhoenixFH

PhoenixFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

Take that back.

I'm kind of excited and angry at a new server.

But actually... I was wondering... would the new server still have access to the Halloween event and the experience drop rates that are currently going? And if the Halloween event will continue, would their be a time extension on it for the new server? Or is something else entirely going on?

Hmmmmmmmm so many questions.

#33 hunterxros

hunterxros

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationChannel 3, Alberta
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

Make it a PK Server  :ph34r: 

#34 AndruMdz

AndruMdz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

...To those wondering, new server does not mean you will be losing all your progress in Odin. If someone wishes to give the new server a try and play from scratch, they can do so, while keeping their characters from Odin in there, intact. In other words, you can use your same account and play in either server..

:p_smile: NICE  :p_laugh:

#35 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

GIBE LOTS SERVER (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#36 PhoenixFH

PhoenixFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Actually no.

While I think PVP is oh kay, their needs to be restrictions.

I've played Requiem (been a while now) where PvP is/was pretty open and it was horrible. High leveled players would stalk out quest sites and hunt other players much lower level then them. Their were even other high level players essentially guarding those quest spots so PKers wouldn't interrupt the game play of others.

I myself had to Sleep (the actual skill of putting other players to sleep) to get through some dungeons and safe zone an area for my party. I seriously did that a lot. Putting a PKer to sleep gave my party enough time (like 15 - 40 seconds) to get through an area and get away so we all could get through the damn dungeon.

Also...

I've noticed lately a HUGE spike in people wanting to PVP. Again, I don't mind that, but some players will ask you to battle like 5 or 6 times in a row (while you reject every time). It's to the point of harassment. That is not acceptable. I've personally had to put people on block AND switch channels to get away from it.

Unfiltered PKing leads to trolling. That will kill the game.

#37 Savu91

Savu91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

Actually no.

While I think PVP is oh kay, their needs to be restrictions.

I've played Requiem (been a while now) where PvP is/was pretty open and it was horrible. High leveled players would stalk out quest sites and hunt other players much lower level then them. Their were even other high level players essentially guarding those quest spots so PKers wouldn't interrupt the game play of others.

I myself had to Sleep (the actual skill of putting other players to sleep) to get through some dungeons and safe zone an area for my party. I seriously did that a lot. Putting a PKer to sleep gave my party enough time (like 15 - 40 seconds) to get through an area and get away so we all could get through the damn dungeon.

Also...

I've noticed lately a HUGE spike in people wanting to PVP. Again, I don't mind that, but some players will ask you to battle like 5 or 6 times in a row (while you reject every time). It's to the point of harassment. That is not acceptable. I've personally had to put people on block AND switch channels to get away from it.

Unfiltered PKing leads to trolling. That will kill the game.

Yes, it happened to me. I had a great desire to respond in a rude way, but in the end I gave up and I'm gone. Starting to be a bit rude too many players who are interested only disturb others ..

#38 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

... for what purpose?

From what I have gathered from the VCR skype chat iRO2 has been expanding their population to new regions. This gives a chance for old players who want to relive the magic of RO2, new players who have never played, and people who just want a fresh start.

The economy would be so nice ;_;. OR there would be a really high KP rate.

Take that back.

I'm kind of excited and angry at a new server.

But actually... I was wondering... would the new server still have access to the Halloween event and the experience drop rates that are currently going? And if the Halloween event will continue, would their be a time extension on it for the new server? Or is something else entirely going on?

Hmmmmmmmm so many questions.

Yes, Freyja and Odin server would have the same updates. As the server tentative opening date of opening is during the Halloween event I'd believe yes it would. I also think that because it is a new server there will be events for Freyja server opening to celebrate it. We had events to celebrate Odin opening, its only fair. Freyja Founders anyone?

#39 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:29 PM

DO IT
That way I won't have the slightest temptation to even try it out. There's no PK-enabled game I've played that isn't absolute garbage. In the end it's just an outlet for spoiled brats to live out their tyrant fantasies. A couple times I tried to be a "hero", but that just means a lot more work whereas being an ^_^ is so much more quicker and easier.

From what I have gathered from the VCR skype chat iRO2 has been expanding their population to new regions. This gives a chance for old players who want to relive the magic of RO2, new players who have never played, and people who just want a fresh start.

How would new regions benefit from this? And what magic is there to relive when 1.it has the same broken mechanics and not the old broken mechanics 2.the game is so young 3.there's no magic?

I also think that because it is a new server there will be events for Freyja server opening to celebrate it. We had events to celebrate Odin opening, its only fair. Freyja Founders anyone?

I say it needs a 300% event and top quality VIP titles so people can feel the magic of ML grinding ASAP!

#40 FernandoPoe

FernandoPoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

Why create a new server? we can all start from scratch :D. dont you guys agree(server reset) :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#41 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 16 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

Well they already said "It will be the same build version of Ragnarok Online 2 as Odin." And their disclaimer only allows for a change in the date (*Date is subject to change.), but who knows, they've been very open to change lately. :3

#42 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

just wanted to retire but you have kept me playing by this for a some time :d

nice timing WP, nice

#43 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

Speaking of ex-SEA players, I already smell an exploit about this... Just saying it, don't be surprised if I got sudden zeny or "why you got Founder/LCM titles/costumes on new server when you can't get it yet?"

It's happening on SEA, although only mostly for people who playing the server since open beta it's still unfair if you know how the server system and then magically mail your Odin stuff to Freyja...

#44 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:03 PM

so we can post Odin's stuff to Freya..?

a good way to start a game is a lot of pandora box to me(those without money)

#45 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

so we can post Odin's stuff to Freya..?

a good way to start a game is a lot of pandora box to me(those without money)

not in normal way, but still it can be done back in time when SEA still on 3 servers... I'm just telling it so that either devs aware about this or people get ready about ruined economy etc....

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

... And there's still no test server.

Not impressed.

#47 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:39 PM

no AoV pls. Halt max level at 50, and focus on gear progression and raids??? DDD: dream server pls T_T

#48 FernandoPoe

FernandoPoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

regardless of pre aov or not, its still back to zero so its a fair game for everyone. we cant bring back the old hardcore raids anymore. 

#49 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

regardless of pre aov or not, its still back to zero so its a fair game for everyone. we cant bring back the old hardcore raids anymore. 

Are you sure it's gonna fair game? SEA also open new server but it's not really fair even it's before AoV....

It's not just cross-server mail bug I mentioned, the future things can also ruin things if devs even don't know the roots of bugs. Say there is a screenshot event with phantom stone reward, say what? All you can do is SS with your Odin char and claim it with your Freyja char. that's if you can set your IGN to trick the GM/asiasoft during SEA age...

I even don't know the programming but I know the script/mechanics that causing it...

Edited by Exvee, 16 October 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#50 Jolliz

Jolliz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

*shiny eyes*
My dreams and my feels!!!!!
Make it happens!!!