Clear out your Gift Storage! - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Clear out your Gift Storage!

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#26 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:02 PM

So let's see items I have in dem temp storages. Skipping tradeables because not really an issue. Also Adventurer's Battle Manual because I actually destroy those.

Divine Protection - 48
Thief Potion - 27
Explorer's red potion - 48
Explorer's Red Potion (x5) - 5
Lucky Powder (x2) - 8
Bundle Box Remote Storage Scroll - 2
Wind Elixir (x3) - 10

Wind Elixir (x5) - 13
Master Battle Manual Order - 2
Elite Merbership Card (30 days) - 1
Elite Membership Card (1day) - 1
Power up box - 6 (what's this?)
Spiner Repair Kit - 34
Perfect Attendance Box - 36

Pump-it Hard Pill - 5
Ranking Reward Box (6th-10th) - 10 (where did these come from?)
+5 Immediate Refine Stone (armor) - 1 (oh, I thought they were +10)
+5 Immediate Refine Stone (weapon) - 1
Return package - 1
Stat Reset Scroll - 2
Ranking Reward Box (51st-100th) - 43 (no, really lol)
Infinium (x5) - 1
Heavenly Sausage - 4
Spinel (x3) - 1
Spiner Purple Potion (x3) - 3
Peco Centipede Skewer - 4 (oh, so I had something like this. Might as well use it)
Red Potion VI (x10) - 1 (lol)
Founder Khara Title - 1

And well, something similar in another account, just smaller numbers.
Oh, and a ranking reward (2nd-5th) (where from?), movement speed elixirs, beach shades, match and Wonderland Costume and red footed tortoise (all 7 days).

What's a male hen?

I count 25 unique items taking up your item slots, excluding the crossed out ones, fun.

#27 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

I have 1634 items in my temp box!!!!  NOOOOOOOO!

#28 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• 172 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Why do I have to be affected by your new server when I do not plan to play on it?  You don't give us bag space and want us to clean up our gift storage? You tell me how to clean it?  How do you clean it if you have 1200+ items?  Even 3 super large bags won't do it with the food only stack up to 20 and temp costumes and mounts each take up 1 space. This is totally irresponsible and unacceptable, anything you put to inconvenience us should be solved by the developers if they are not so incompetent -- ex.  "bound item" can be rune removed and become tradable because they can't make them untradable.  Developers are hired to solve problems, not to say "no we can't do it tell the players to deal with it", when you tell that to your boss you are fired simple as that.

If you are creating the new server as an option for the homeless SEA players thus avoid the merge, we might find that is necessary.  Now, after the merge with all the op players running around 1shotting MONKS then you create a new server and have us to clean our storage.  That is a double failure on your part, what kind of service is this?

How about we all open a ticket for each one item we are missing from our temp storage?  How would you feel cleaning up that ticket queue?

Edited by Cartian, 17 October 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#29 AndruMdz

AndruMdz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

well This will be hard i have a lot of things in there and im just able to have large bag and i dont have more space than 3 large bag and just one "slot" in khafra storage and i didn't want to take that things cause i wan to take things when i really need it with the correct char so..... well time to think in something to do.....

#30 bheb03

bheb03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

Why do I have to be affected by your new server when I do not plan to play on it?  You don't give us bag space and want us to clean up our gift storage? You tell me how to clean it?  How do you clean it if you have 1200+ items?  Even 3 super large bags won't do it with the food only stack up to 20 and temp costumes and mounts each take up 1 space. This is totally irresponsible and unacceptable, anything you put to inconvenience us should be solved by the developers if they are not so incompetent -- ex.  "bound item" can be rune removed and become tradable because they can't make them untradable.  Developers are hired to solve problems, not to say "no we can't do it tell the players to deal with it", when you tell that to your boss you are fired simple as that.

If you are creating the new server as an option for the homeless SEA players thus avoid the merge, we might find that is necessary.  Now, after the merge with all the op players running around 1shotting MONKS then you create a new server and have us to clean our storage.  That is a double failure on your part, what kind of service is this?

How about we all open a ticket for each one item we are missing from our temp storage?  How would you feel cleaning up that ticket queue?

somebody one shot my 51k HP knight i dont remember thg ign maybe he's Son Goku >.<

#31 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

My thought on why this is happening:

The new server can be accessed through your Odin account, and temp storage can probably be accessed on the new server too. This is mainly an anti-twinking measure.

#32 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

On Monday October 20th the new server will launch after maintenance.
Before that time, please clear out your Gift Storage. Items in there will be cleared out so if you have things in there you'd like to keep, take them out this weekend!

It will be stuff like your titles, stones, seed runes, stuff restored from tickets, ranking rewards, event items (like capes), etc going.

Items like your kafra purchases and hourly rewards will stay. 

OH, LAWD. You have to be more specific!!!!!

Some of us have highly-populated storages. A lot of which are possibly reserved for other characters' use. O_O This isn't some simple matter of pulling things out. Also, at that volume and that short time period, you're threatening a lot of people with carpal tunnel syndrome.

While the above did make mention of the exclusion of Kafra purchases and hourly rewards being unaffected, who's to say other things won't magically disappear?! I've been reading about eyepatches disappearing. -_- Then when someone files a ticket, he can't get anything back because he has no basis or a cause of action. Stuff like these need an official statement, and not these ambiguous 1-liner announcements.

I don't usually rage over what goes on around here but this is just plain intrusive. Like spammy Android apps intrusive.

It's simply annoying and distasteful that the game just told me and threatens me to "log in right now! Log in before the maintenance or we'll delete some of your items!!!" -_-

#33 8613130524123214407

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationAfkLand (?
  • Server:Odin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

• so, hourly rewards will stay in the storage,? we dont need to take out things like red pots, thief pots, divine protection or repair kit out, right? 

#34 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:19 PM

just some questions:

• hourly rewards will not be removed? (spinel repairkit/perfect attendance box/red potion)
  • daily rewards will be removed? (thief potion/divine protection/lucky powders etc)
  • ranking rewards will be removed too? (ranking boxes/pump up pills/adventure scroll)

pls confirm thanks

#35 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

i will be using these quotes to assume what will be deleted

It will be stuff like your titles, stones, seed runes, stuff restored from tickets, ranking rewards, event items (like capes), etc going.

Items like your kafra purchases and hourly rewards will stay. 

If the item gives your character stats, it's going to go away if it's not a Kafra shop item. We won't let players bring over titles and things that aren't something you can get on the new server. 

What about things like eyepatches or the stylish sunglasses? These go into event items category? Also ranking rewards? I have to remove the who knows how many spinel boxes from like a year ago too?

-those mid headgears are won from an event, so those will be deleted

-ranking reward is mentioned in the list of items that will be deleted

So , it's only gift storage is affected right Maridah ? Event gift item still there ? ( perfect attendance, ranking reward item...etc)

certain items in the Temporary Box Storage, Event tab are affected, Purchase and Gift tabs wont be 

Is this the entire Temporary Box Storage? or just the Gift tab? Please be more clear.

Temporary Box Storage, Event tab

What about the stuff with runeholes but no stats like the Shark Hat or the Tongtong Pukui Hat? Capes like the Cape of Empellium? And Ranking Rewards? She said those be wiped and I don't feel like moving like a hundred spinels to one character.

-Shark Hat is a ranking reward (will be wiped)

-Tongtong Pukui Hat and everything else u mentioned are event items (will be wiped)

210 Ranking Spinels to retrieve. Open season on my bear.

Will old hourly/daily rewards such as Heavenly Sausage/Screw Fin -_-tail be deleted?

those give stats and cant be acquired anymore. So according to her 2nd quote, those will be deleted

• so, hourly rewards will stay in the storage,? we dont need to take out things like red pots, thief pots, divine protection or repair kit out, right? 

right

just some questions:

• hourly rewards will not be removed? (spinel repairkit/perfect attendance box/red potion)
  • daily rewards will be removed? (thief potion/divine protection/lucky powders etc)
  • ranking rewards will be removed too? (ranking boxes/pump up pills/adventure scroll)

pls confirm thanks

1. correct (except for screwfin tail from pre-aov since it gives stats and is no longer acquirable)

2. nope

3. correct

Edited by FishDeity, 17 October 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#36 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• 172 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

The new server can be accessed through your Odin account, and temp storage can probably be accessed on the new server too. This is mainly an anti-twinking measure.

I don't care what the reason is, just don't bother me with this stupid clean up because it should be their problem, not mine.  I shouldn't be wasting my time sorting this out.  If the new server need to share temp storage, they should resolve this loophole before thinking of making a new server.  There are many server side solutions they could apply, but they choose to let the player handle their sh!t.  No thought put into "oh this will make people rage" just rush to get the sea players before they settle in that d/c universe.

There is simply not enough space to hold onto all the items.  Many of which are untradable and you only want them on your main 1-2 characters that have a future.  All those ranking boxes, hundreds of spinels and lucky powders.  They are left in the temp storage because we only open then when we need.  Nobody have space to let them sit around, they are untradable and you won't use them everyday.  

What's the point for my lvl 1 alt to hold onto hundreds of untradable spinels / lucky powders / exp manuals / pills /  3x stat reset scrolls / 5x infins / VIPs of 1-30 days etc / 4~6 temp costumes / x stacks of food -- all untradable.  

Well ranking reward costumes/boxes are rewarded everyday/week, you surely can get some in the temp storage from getting ranked on the odin side and then open them in the fyrja side 1 day after the new server open.  What's the point of wiping them?  You don't need to do that. 

Lastly, 3 days notice?  People on vacation is going to get their storage wiped.  Bye bye those +10 stones.

Edited by Cartian, 17 October 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#37 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

1. correct (except for screwfin tail from pre-aov since it gives stats and is no longer acquirable)

Now that's a low blow, insulting chefs like that.

#38 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

I don't care what the reason is, just don't bother me with this stupid clean up because it should be their problem, not mine.  I shouldn't be wasting my time sorting this out.  If the new server need to share temp storage, they should resolve this loophole before thinking of making a new server.  There are many server side solutions they could apply, but they choose to let the player handle their sh!t.  No thought put into "oh this will make people rage" just rush to get the sea players before they settle in that d/c universe.

There is simply not enough space to hold onto all the items.  Many of which are untradable and you only want them on your main 1-2 characters that have a future.  All those ranking boxes, hundreds of spinels and lucky powders.  They are left in the temp storage because we only open then when we need.  Nobody have space to let them sit around, they are untradable and you won't use them everyday.  

What's the point for my lvl 1 alt to hold onto hundreds of untradable spinels / lucky powders / exp manuals / pills /  3x stat reset scrolls / 5x infins / VIPs of 1-30 days etc / 4~6 temp costumes / x stacks of food -- all untradable.  

Well ranking reward costumes/boxes are rewarded everyday/week, you surely can get some in the temp storage from getting ranked on the odin side and then open them in the fyrja side 1 day after the new server open.  What's the point of wiping them?  You don't need to do that. 

Lastly, 3 days notice?  People on vacation is going to get their storage wiped.  Bye bye those +10 stones.

I r8 this 8/8 m8.

Like i have to take out all my 4x Founder titles out of storage and 25+- temporary costumes/accessories that WP gave me since the start of RO2. That's being sure that they won't SCREW everything like they always do and just delete everything off storage.

The thing is, we don't trust on WarpPortals announcements, it always fails on some part when it's announced/made.

My best advice is to take everything out of storage to not regret later any stupid problem made by Gravity/WarpPortal.

#39 MheiLife

MheiLife

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

lol i can sense another mass player quitting event XD

#40 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

Sidenote
---
So let me try again with a post. And dear
cm if you are going to silence me again, please contact me and give me a reason why you do this. Cause I really can't believe that you censor everything what don't fit in your wp world.
-------

Since you decided to merge and bring up a new server, you should work on the problem, to not delete things of the temp storage?! And don't bother the community to empty this so called temporary storage.

You want us to clear it within 3 days, but on the otherside it will take 1+ week for getting an answer for a simple ticket.

As compensation you can send us all seed 50 :DD so we are even with the sea players. But please place it in the gift tab;)) so I wouldn't be deleted!

Sincerely

Loco

#41 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:11 PM

Thank you warpportal you confirmed my thought you are opening freya to shut down odin later and wipe all your mystakes whit it and -_- all the players that spent money and effort on the old server!!! I won't grind again up to ml(whatever will be the cap) If this is the case then this is a farewell!!!

#42 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:21 PM

Thank you warpportal you confirmed my thought you are opening freya to shut down odin later and wipe all your mystakes whit it

They did no such thing..

#43 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:06 AM

OrsWw1r.jpg

I guess you're happy now, It's not like I needed that bag space, or anything, but hey, you're in luck, since I need more space I might just buy one of those super juicy storage expansions or super large bags, r-right?

Not a chance.

#44 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:45 AM

I'm 2,500 miles away from my PC and won't have access to it until after the 20th. How the heck do you expect me and others in my situation to be able to clear out our temp storage on such short notice?

You guys sure are making good effort to chase off more of the playerbase with each passing day. It's a wonder how you are able to retain players at all.

#45 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:18 AM

OrsWw1r.jpg

I guess you're happy now, It's not like I needed that bag space, or anything, but hey, you're in luck, since I need more space I might just buy one of those super juicy storage expansions or super large bags, r-right?

Not a chance.

Why do you do this to my bags :sob:

wVIJQSd.png

#46 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

Wow, are you guys serious?!

First of all, like others have said, this is short notice. Also, not everyone playing the game checks the forums, so not only are you going to have players that are aware of this raging at you, you're going to have players that don't know about it raging about why their gift storage items have disappeared.

Second of all, I'm not going to be able to log in to the game until after the 20th! I AM NOT OKAY WITH LOSING ITEMS THAT I HAVE BEEN SAVING SINCE LAUNCH LIKE MY PRE HISTORIC AND FOUNDER TITLES >8C

Third of all, I don't even have the storage and bag space to take out all the items I want to keep! I HAVE 300 OR SO PAGES OF ITEMS STILL IN MY GIFT STORAGE!

#47 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

WTB Super Large Bag/Storage Key Event

#48 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:12 AM

WTB Super Large Bag/Storage Key Event

The storage expansions are not very helpful when filled with tons of untradeable items already :(

hrA80dy.png

#49 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:21 AM

I count 25 unique items taking up your item slots, excluding the crossed out ones, fun.

More than empty slots I have on my main :P

We know. Earlier yesterday someone mentioned that in a similar case in SEA temp storage was abused to have a stronger "start" in a new server. Thus a storage wipe is their blanket ""solution"" to avoid that.

But this is something that THEY should be dealing with, not US.

You want to open a new damn useless server that will only give trouble in the future with an unavoidable merge? Sure, go ahead, but for the love of god, don't harm your current players from the get go. It's not even a hard, illogical or sneaky concept, yet it looks like it never crossed their minds.

As said, differentiated temp storages, [server specific] account storage (like they promised before beta), completely disjointed accounts between servers (as in, even if they use the same credentials, all the information for each server is separated in different tables as if they were two accounts), server-specific accounts... heck, even making either the Kafra shop or gift storage server specific and moving the to be wiped items there would suffice.

In my specific case, unbinding level up armor would be good too since I could free about 60 inventory slots (but that's not for everyone and doesn't solve any of the root issues).

But it's easier to not even think about it, wipe everything almost with no notice and just make players deal with it.

HOWEVER

there's something that makes sense now: the server name.

Refer to the game's plot. Who is to fault for EVERYTHING bad happening in the game? But of course! The Freyjanity, adorers of the enraged, dangerous and destructive goddess Freyja!

So who would name a new server as "Freyja"? Exactly, the Freyjanity! Because the Freyjanity is involved, we'll be harmed no matter what!

Down with the Freyjanity! Down with Freyja!

#50 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

Wait, Heavenly Sausages are getting skewered? But they were daily rewards! And God knows I have nowhere to fit that many sausages and sausagetails.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users