Clear out your Gift Storage! - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Clear out your Gift Storage!

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#51 xEnsigN

xEnsigN

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:34 AM

How about my idle powerUp boxes? VIP cards? and Battle Manuals? are these items going to be removed too?

#52 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:36 AM

Wait, Heavenly Sausages are getting skewered? But they were daily rewards! And God knows I have nowhere to fit that many sausages and sausagetails.

Since we don't have a complete list of items, better safe than sorry I guess. Since it was said that anything we can't get on Freyja will be removed, I assumed past rewards might fall into that category since they are no longer in the attendance.

#53 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:21 AM

WTB Super Large Bag/Storage Key Event

But it's too late for them to make an event for that with only like 2 more days before they wiped the storage?  

I have to take out my Red-footed tortoise mount too :/

#54 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:44 AM

Ugh. It's like they never thing any of this stuff all the way through now.

When I started playing a couple of months ago, it was relatively tolerable and can be easily dismissed as mere oversights. 

But now, they're definitely showing some consistency with it.

It's painful to imagine how they theorycraft or whatever it is they do in their offices.

On topic~

When I first started playing, I didn't know about the permanence that came with the temp storage. I used to take stuff out the moment they got in there. But when it was pointed out to me how the storage really works, I utilized it to my convenience. Based on what it is, it doesn't seem to be an abuse to keep things inside, it's a feature. Add the fact that the game extremely limits your bag/storage space.

I share the sentiment of others who have tens to hundreds of pages to have to click through, and notwithstanding the fact that some items are not going to be removed, you still have to read through each page to look for possible candidates - which would probably just take as long as just pulling everything out.

Also, I agree with the fact pointed out by earlier posts, with them having us do the work for them at our inconvenience and expense. They should be the ones putting up measures to prevent damage to the fresh server. -_-

#55 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:02 AM

Ugh. It's like they never thing any of this stuff all the way through now.

Nah, it's been like that since always: act first, think later.

(small history lesson here)

Spoiler

So yeah, this "event storage wipe notice three days prior" is par for the course.

Edited by Nereida, 18 October 2014 - 04:05 AM.

#56 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:30 AM

HI CMMiradah,

I have questions about this subject. First, what does the temp storage in Odin has to do with the new server? Are we using the same Temp Storage for both servers? And Lastly, Is there a list of what will be removed? 

Thanks in advance! :)

#57 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

Nah, it's been like that since always: act first, think later.

(small history lesson here)

Spoiler

So yeah, this "event storage wipe notice three days prior" is par for the course.

Like how hard is it to get inputs from the playerbase? We tend to react the moment they post announcements anyway. -_-

HI CMMiradah,

I have questions about this subject. First, what does the temp storage in Odin has to do with the new server? Are we using the same Temp Storage for both servers? And Lastly, Is there a list of what will be removed? 

Someone's asking nicely, I hope they reply! :<

#58 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:53 AM

lY5sKCD.jpg?1

Really?

So all my hours of grinding and doing other tasks for ranking rewards to use on ALL my characters is now void? All those spinels, foods, and exp scrolls.... all my event rewards from since the server opened to now...

I'm so angry at WP right now. You guys just keep making crap decision after crap decision. I'm amazed there is even a playerbase left after this clusterf*** of a merger, and now this. Do you enjoy driving your customers away?

Why do we even need a new server in the first place? If the point of the merge was to increase population, why split it again? Why not just open Odin to these supposed new players?

This all just smells fishy to me. I could understand it from SEA standpoint since catching up to Odin will take some effort (since you wiped their items (after the crappy handling of their inventory)with almost no notice or compensation since ya'll LOVE to dish out false promises). But it still seems completely unnecessary to me.

Why should Odin even be affected by this new server?   

#59 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

They must have the most derptarded marketing department in the world, like, "Hey, if we open a new server maybe the novelty will attract new players and will stop the game from dying!".

And no one ever wondered how would this actually impact their existing playerbase. Or maybe they did, along the lines of "And the old players will be attracted to the novelty of a fresh start! Because I bet they're dying to mindlessly grind to ML30 again after we doubled the experience requirements!".

#60 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

HI CMMiradah,

The hIstory of SEA server when you can take advantage of multiple servers.... At first I actually happy that they do something but really the deadline is just stupid. I prefer to lose some items then take another long hiatus rather than forcing me to online...

It takes one day to re-invite hiatus players in RO2 fanpage I joined and only need one day to make us quitting again....

Edited by Exvee, 18 October 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#61 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:01 AM

G2KDm0O.jpg
Nice titles, it would be a shame if someone decided to delete them.
so....WTF ARE YOU THINKING WP!
There's no way im gonna clean 2k+ rewards from that box.
I dont give a -_- about the new server, why the heck are you gonna delete my items just because you think it's a good idea open a "new server" with the same dumb build as AOV.
You dont seem to realize that ppl dont play the game because of things like this, not because Odin is 1 year ahead or something like that.
STOP GIVING THE MIDDLE FINGER TO YOUR PLAYERS ONCE A MONTH.

If your game had less bugs, or atleast they were fix ASAP players would find a way around to play this game in Odin server.

Edited by VuoriDevine, 18 October 2014 - 07:04 AM.

#62 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

lY5sKCD.jpg?1

This all just smells fishy to me. I could understand it from SEA standpoint since catching up to Odin will take some effort (since you wiped their items (after the crappy handling of their inventory)with almost no notice or compensation since ya'll LOVE to dish out false promises). But it still seems completely unnecessary to me.

Sea still has their Imbalanced Sea Runes and some are still selling them to NA players. So D: we event storage pics now?

4tJAUr2.jpg

#63 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:05 AM

Sea still has their Imbalanced Sea Runes and some are still selling them to NA players. So D: we event storage pics now?

4tJAUr2.jpg

All the more reason to focus on the issues that already exist on Odin and are still waiting to be fixed/balanced, plus the new issues this merger created. Even if they open a new server, it will eventually have the same issues as Odin.

#64 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

what i think about this:

" So were openning a new server and we should let the existing players handle with the rest of the clean up so we shouldnt have any trouble. Or we can force them to buy Super Large Bags or Storage expansion slots. $$$$$& "

Edited by jhay1825, 18 October 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#65 Fariseo

Fariseo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Location1st Heaven
  • Server:Odin | Freyja

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

I posted this on fb,

Seriously??? You guys are taking so many radical decisions lately, what about the ppl like me that have more than 99 pages of items, full bags, full storage (and yes, I got one storage expansion and it's already filled). Most of those items aren't untradeable, and I bet the majority doesn't play only with just one character, at least make a list of what items are gonna be wiped and which are not. 

On a sidenote, if we are going to share Temp box storage in Freyja, imho, this is just stupid, I might get a lot of items later in Odin with my highest player and then use it in Freyja, what's the point with that?

#66 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

^ What you pointed out also basically means that Odin will not be having any events in the near future with the better prizes (that can make your character stronger), granted that they will attempt to keep Freyja young and subdued for the time being.

#67 YukiChan

YukiChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Server:Borderlands PSQ

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hello to all RO2 fans, 

My name is Jay Choi, VP and COO of Gravity Interactive/WarpPortal. 

Today, we made big mistakes as you all saw.  Whatever the original intention we had, it was not carried out properly and it is totally our fault that we unintentionally mislead the community by not providing proper information as we should have. 

We know there is no way to turn it back or make it up completely.  As a company who’s been living with fans of RO and other titles for 10 years, we should have done much better but we failed. There is no excuse and I sincerely would like to apologize.

Our effort to fix and correct our mistake might not be perfect, but we will listen to the community for straight forward suggestions to improve. Do not give up RO2. You are Ragnarok 2. 

There are lots of games vying for your attention, but you have chosen RO2 and we will do our best to be deserving of your time and devotion. 

Thank you for reading this and I wish to convey our sincerest apology again.

quote from

http://www.playragna...news/article/65

6. 5. 2013.

Edited by YukiChan, 18 October 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#68 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

quote from

http://www.playragna...news/article/65

6. 5. 2013.

Dat date... HAHAHA, it's exactly when my previous story about Foudner titles, wedding dresses and channel nerf happened!

I'm sorry for anyone who bought those PR obvious lies, afteral anything they learned about the whole fiasco is not to make too many changes at once.

#69 7009130604170032583

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

So still no solid non-vague answers about items? Surprise. So I've started clearing out ranking/event/old stuff, but I'm so apprehensive and have a severe lack of faith in how well updates go around here, I'm considering completely clearing out all of my items. Would be great if I had the space to do something like that, or if you know, they weren't almost ALL NON TRADEABLE.

UGH.

#70 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

It's the weekend in the states now so everyone in the WarpPortal office are going to be out until the day of the wipe. They never fail to time crap like this around the weekend when they won't be on duty.

#71 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

Few Questions:

Are all the Odin players being moved to the Freya Server?

Are the titles going to get wiped out, "Summer Sculpture/La Tomatina/Founder Title" ?

Will the Server be more akin to RO1, Gravity's hit series. Whereareas has great improvements from other different version of RO1 and RO2.. Where Knights have are the Main Tank with a powerful Grand Cross. And more balance classes?

Why announce it 2 days before Freyja Server is Open? Why can't it be a month? Your Customers are your stakeholder you know :/!!!

I need official word, Thank you <3

#72 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

Few Questions:

Are all the Odin players being moved to the Freya Server?

Are the titles going to get wiped out, "Summer Sculpture/La Tomatina/Founder Title" ?

Will the Server be more akin to RO1, Gravity's hit series. Whereareas has great improvements from other different version of RO1 and RO2.. Where Knights have are the Main Tank with a powerful Grand Cross. And more balance classes?

No to all of that, it will be an identical server running parallel to Odin - as the post and announcement says.

#73 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

So basically this has been

"k' we're going for the weekend. Ah, and as soon as we return your items will be wiped. Or maybe not. Maybe some yes and maybe some not. Find out on your own. k' thx bye. pls understand"

And of course, the wipe will happen BEFORE they even dare look here.

Because looking for feedback would be far too competent for WipePortal. The HQ would implode.

Edited by Nereida, 19 October 2014 - 01:11 AM.

#74 3558130505073124957

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:58 AM

WELL DONE WP

If i Count right this makes around 42 ppl taht know of this Planed "Whipe of the Temp strage box"  lets say they tell ther frends so make that around 1-2k ppl on the server and that is the best case scenario  what about the ppl that are off line or the once that are grinding and did not got on the formu or simply not go here.  Hey i got luckyi have seen some one typing about this so i have taken a look to see but still.

Are you trying to Piss off the community again and loose players cose it will happen for shure

My guess is that right now around 90% ppl dont evean know this will happen.

At last you can notify ppl true the in game mail system so every one knows

And next time do it at last a week before you plan something like this

Oh and i have a question:

I dont know if you guys have the duty to take off your brains when you get to work but i am starting to think its mandatory in WP.

#75 3558130505073124957

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:20 AM

They did no such thing..

I wont be so shure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users