Tiki TUesday Question Lounge for 10/21 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki TUesday Question Lounge for 10/21

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:37 PM

Aloha folks: Ask your questions for this Tuesday's show!

On the docket are some classic videos of Hawaii's yesteryear

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

Your thoughts on this please. Is it actionable?

[mod]It's an interesting idea that we would theoretically be able to do. While potion consumption is important for the game economy, the issues of accessibility and effect on gameplay could be examined.[/mod]

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

- please make mercenary scrolls vendable and buyable from bulk buying skill

- please make mystical amp scrolls to be buyable from bulk buying skill

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:58 PM

1. Oda, the Juno bounty boards were supposed to be located to the left of the tool shop's door. Why'd you guys hide them elsewhere?

4bRpjlR.jpg

[mod]The signs were moved because they cannot be easily seen from the default camera angle. [/mod]

2. Could you move the Deviruchi and Marionette from Geffen's 61-80 board to its 81-100 board? This is how the boards should be.

Geffen
Level 61 - 80 Board
-Ghoul
-Jakk
-Nightmare
Level 81 - 100 Board
-Deviruchi
-Marionette
-Wraith
-Dark Priest
-Gargoyle
-Sky Petite
-Earth Petite
-Evil Druid
-Wind Ghost

[mod] Yes, they will be moved.[/mod]

Edited by Oda, 21 October 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

zero you forgot to ask about the marionettes/devis :3

#6 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:11 AM

hi, will the last year's halloween costumes get their effects this halloween season? im talking about the costumes we got from these boxes(http://www.playragna...aspx?id=301&p=3). Thanks alot!

[mod]That might just happen.[/mod]

EDIT: Thanks! i will be looking forward to this :thx:

Edited by kriZchan, 21 October 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

Can you please post the coords for the morroc treasure map (moc_fild12)?  I still haven't been able to find the spot even after combing through it on renewal.  I've found every other map location, including the other misplaced ones.

There's only a couple days left for people to redeem their blue whales anyway so it'd be nice if we could wrap that up.

Thanks.

[mod]They spot is always within a screen's distance from where it's indicated on the map. Pirates were not always known for accurate mapmaking.[/mod]

#8 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

Classic questions...

Out of curiosity how likely is it you will allow the transfer (limited preferably naked as classic has items that have appeared from no where and can't be explained (please no mini/mvp/gods)) from renewal to classic server?  as discussed here

[mod]We're doing internal talks about this, but not sure how many renewal players would be interested in this. [/mod]

Also would a guild renaming service be out of the question?

[mod]We have been testing this and it is possible, but we need to get it set up with billing first and speak with the GMs/Payment team to get things cleared.[/mod]

Challenege dungeon could we have have GSB and remove seeds completely(maybe half of the seed drop rate?), at least then the item may benefit something other than a monk/champ ._. (maybe i'm playing other classes wrong idk ;-; )  could this be possible please? u_u

Is there a possibility of having a maintenance todo list of sorts so we can see what you're working on and in what order and by what time you expect the tasks or implementations/fixes to be complete. I'd honestly like to know what's going on with the requests made since there isn't much as far as content you can add any more. (I briefly bought this up in a previous post about patch notes being used for what customers think patch notes are supposed to be used for). It's hard to feel like we're being heard when we're not seeing much from this side, when we do we are happy and grateful /ok

Edited adding to already asked questions and adding another >.< (i like asking questions)

Edited by Oda, 21 October 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

Also would a guild renaming service be out of the question?

This is something I would like to know too.

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

if you're transferring from one server to another, you should be naked. classic already has issues with renewal gears on that server no?  some items are also much more prevalent on renewal vs classic, so even if they're not miniboss/mvp/gods, that can still upset the balance.  safe certs can be used to upgrade gears on renewal for example.

#11 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:14 AM

Your thoughts on this please. Is it actionable?

I second this. I'm not a PvP person but I may eventually be one if this was implemented. :lol:

#12 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Hi Oda,

Will you perhaps implement something to help evolve homunculus without stone of sage? I imagine everyone will want to evolve their homunculus this week but stone of sages are not exactly common.

Thanks!

#13 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:32 AM

Hello, I see that the current lucky box has the wickebine cat ears. Have you checked why this headgear isn't granting the correct kro effect? kro effect gives a low activation chance to bypass 100% mdef of regular monsters, but since it was first implemented I believe it was changed without reason. It's a really old headgear, please ask kro to send you the correct effect unless you can fix it.

Edit; Please add more mental potions in renewal's lucky boxes! seems you only give these out in classic.

Edited by meli, 20 October 2014 - 07:41 AM.

#14 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

- please make mystical amp scrolls to be buyable from bulk buying skill

A lot of things need to be added so you can use buy shops. Way too many for me to think of off hand...

Please fix it so these Safe 10's are stackable. They are taking up way too much storage space.

The WP Website needs to be edited, under the Lucky Box contents, so that the names on the following items are correct:

King Tiger Doll Hat - White Drooping Eddga Hat
Costume Joker Jester - Costume National Flag

I know this one is probably a stretch, but is it possible to make the ghost head costume actually sit over the head, or something, maybe like the Full Moon, for example, instead of being "Behind" the head, since it is "Upper Headgear" after all ;)

Edited by Razzez, 20 October 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#15 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

When do we get this hat? It came out 4/25/2012 in KRO.

White Lady Hat [1]

A hat modeled after the fairy, White Lady.
INT +3, MDEF +9.
Increases Magical damage done to Undead monsters by 10%.
When magically attacking or receiving magical damage, small chance to activate "White Lady's Possession". While under this status, wearer loses 10 SP per second and gain "Occult Power". Higher refinement on the headgear increases the transformation duration and effectiveness of "Occult Power".
Class: Headgear
Def: 0
Weight: 0
Required Level: 1
Jobs: All except Novice

[Occult Power]: Transformation lasts 2 seconds, +1 second for every 3 refinement on the headgear. Increases MATK while in this state by 30 * refinement. Decreases Fixed Cast time of skills depending on the refinement on the headgear.

Can you also check out the coding for Wickebine Black Cat Ear? The IRO version is 25% MDEF ignore but in KRO its 100% MDEF Ignore.

Edited by YangeWenli, 20 October 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#16 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:56 PM

When do we get this hat? It came out 4/25/2012 in KRO.

White Lady Hat [1]

Can you also check out the coding for Wickebine Black Cat Ear? The IRO version is 25% MDEF ignore but in KRO its 100% MDEF Ignore.

I can almost bet the answer will be TBD & will take at least another 3 years.

A lot of our gear is different than what kRO has. It takes a long time for anything to change, if and/or when, it ever does

#17 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Can you please make giant fly wing boxes vendable? Thanks!

[mod]You can sell the individual Giant Fly Wings, the boxes cannot be made sell-able. [/mod]

#18 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

Oda can we get a new Venig limit 99m Suxx really....

There is a update to this that kRO will be sending us eventually, though I don't have an eta on that. I have expressed that it's one of the things the community has the most interest in. 

#19 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

can we get some sort of turn in for MVP drops? as of now these items are useless when they didnt use to be... and im not talking pots either...

#20 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

Regarding Classic's future, is it true that at the moment the challenge dungeon type maps ( and the anniversary quest) use the monsters from new world in the game database? Does this mean that when Classic gets new world no more custom/renewal type maps are possible?

#21 fiat600abarth

fiat600abarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hello, I'm the guy who made the pvp thread. I heard about the the map types thing.
I don't know if this is possible, but my idea would be accessing the map(s) via a different npc who checks your inventory for all the banned items.

#22 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

Would it be possible for Champion mobs to drop something special for killing them, like a token or something that you could turn in? The extra experience isn't really an incentive considering they don't count towards quest goals and you can usually kill 2-3 regular mobs in the time it takes to down one Champion.

#23 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

Classic questions...

Challenege dungeon could we have have GSB and remove seeds completely(maybe half of the seed drop rate?), at least then the item may benefit something other than a monk/champ ._. (maybe i'm playing other classes wrong idk ;-; )  could this be possible please? u_u

I re-watched the TT and still couldn't understand what you said in response to this and you haven't answered here either, would you mind telling us?

#24 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:38 PM

Really? More unanswered questions than answered ones??? Were they even discussed?

Oda please start viewing this thread prior to the live feed, so you can answer the questions better, and/or find out the answers.

IMO this should be posted, at least a week in advance, then closed 2-3 days prior.

#25 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Oda can we get a new Venig limit 99m Suxx really....

There is a update to this that kRO will be sending us eventually, though I don't have an eta on that. I have expressed that it's one of the things the community has the most interest in. 

I hope this will also allow us to trade for more than 1b.

Just wondering how many scripts kRO will be sending us "eventually"? What's your priorities? We always get told there is no ETA on them. Why can't more than 1 script be sent at a time???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users