pker at sikuku ruins - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

pker at sikuku ruins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
89 replies to this topic

#51 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Leena will try to use the teleticket LMAO

someone, with high authority, must close this thread

Yea, this thread is ridiculous lol. And of course I will go to ruins but, not at the cost of my own Teleticket unless it's for a clan member

#52 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:30 PM

How is this thread even ridiculous at all when the OP is pointing out a problem he encountered in-game?  Just because it doesn't bother us at all since most of us are maxed out, it doesn't mean its not a problem to people who are trying to level up. Ruins is a pk map, but if the pk function in that map serves little to no purposes and yet causes all these inconvenience to newbies, why is it wrong for anyone to point it out? Rose Online offers plenty of maps that allow us to PK ( Clan Fields, Training Ground, Akram Arena, Draconis Peaks, Crystal Defense ) I don't see why we should be so quick in closing these threads down. 

#53 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

How is this thread even ridiculous at all when the OP is pointing out a problem he encountered in-game?  Just because it doesn't bother us at all since most of us are maxed out, it doesn't mean its not a problem to people who are trying to level up. Ruins is a pk map, but if the pk function in that map serves little to no purposes and yet causes all these inconvenience to newbies, why is it wrong for anyone to point it out? Rose Online offers plenty of maps that allow us to PK ( Clan Fields, Training Ground, Akram Arena, Draconis Peaks, Crystal Defense ) I don't see why we should be so quick in closing these threads down. 

Because its the deal, you get more exp and mobs here at the risk of being killed. 

IF you remove the pvp function of this map, then they will reduce exp, and then people will complain that it's too hard to level. 

However it does serve many positive functions

1: If someone is botting + afk and there's no other spots, simply kill them and take the spot. their fault for botting.

2: If someone is trying to KS your king farm [and there are a lot of valuable kings in Ruins] then kill them. then finish your king and collect your bounty.

3: If you're a high level char leveling a lower level one, you can bring both and if anyone tries to attack you, then you can simply tab to your high level and fight back.

There's more benefits to that particular map being a pvp map then if it was removed. KS complaints [both leveling and king farming] botting and more would go up, just to accomodate the few players who want to bot and not get killed, or the even fewer people who are just discouraged by being killed. Which, lets face it, if you're not botting, there are some way better spots then ruins for the level most people are going there. 

In the end, this ropic was a waste of time as it's always been this way and for good reason. 

Edited by Feuer, 27 October 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#54 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

Well he was asking for help, I see no problem with that. Isn't that part of what these forums are for?

#55 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Of course asking for help is fine, i was directing my post at Valakas, which is kinda why I quoted his post. There's no reason to change Ruins., 

#56 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

Why is this thread still going on? You guys got PK in a PVP map, big deal jesus christ. Move on, I am glad people are pking you for whining so much here.

*facepalm* trand u already know the rules xD, pk harassment send ticket to support with name and SS (chat SS if is possible), other thing i can say is. rape him to the death XD hahahah jking. thats nowadays normal from most of players, they start pking, lowbies call noob to them and they start flaming/harassing e_e

I wasn't complaining, I was asking for actual help in-game as I couldn't ask for anyone ingame at that moment, so I hope I can asked a favor here.

Considering summitting a ticket, sure I did. (Although I know it won't help a lot. As viet elderly said: "Nước xa không cứu được lửa gần" (Literablly means Distant water cannot quench present thirst)

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 28 October 2014 - 01:01 AM.

#57 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:37 AM

I wasn't complaining, I was asking for actual help in-game as I couldn't ask for anyone ingame at that moment, so I hope I can asked a favor here.

Considering summitting a ticket, sure I did. (Although I know it won't help a lot. As viet elderly said: "Nước xa không cứu được lửa gần" (Literablly means Distant water cannot quench present thirst)

You are more than welcome to ask for help here.  :p_smile:

#58 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

You are more than welcome to ask for help here.  :p_smile:

It doesn't mean you'll get it though lol, just sayin. 

#59 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

Because its the deal, you get more exp and mobs here at the risk of being killed. 

IF you remove the pvp function of this map, then they will reduce exp, and then people will complain that it's too hard to level. 
Is this your assumption or you really have a reliable data to prove this point? You are 100% sure that people will complain and you are also 100% sure that WP will have to reduce the exp rate if they take away the PK function? 

However it does serve many positive functions
Lets see. 

1: If someone is botting + afk and there's no other spots, simply kill them and take the spot. their fault for botting.
By this very logic you used, then it would also be wise to implement PK function in OT, Kenji Beach, GoS, Orlo Maps, Snowfields, etc ? People bot there too. Your argument implied that BOTTING only occur actively in Ruins. This is invalid.  

2: If someone is trying to KS your king farm [and there are a lot of valuable kings in Ruins] then kill them. then finish your king and collect your bounty.
Well of course this work both ways. People could have also come from behind and kill you first right before you manage to kill the King. Lets not forget King farmers probably wear pvm gears and KSer/PKer will come at you in PvP ones. Also by this very same logic, Shikuku Prison should also be a PK map. Why not? People farm Kera all the time, no? Don't people farm scavenger king anymore? Or any other Kings around Orlo? Why not implement in those area too? 

3: If you're a high level char leveling a lower level one, you can bring both and if anyone tries to attack you, then you can simply tab to your high level and fight back.

Logic in theory. But lets see how it works in practical shall we? How do you propose having a character on standby on an alt window all the time? Having an unbuffed character is as good as dead against a buffed char. You desperately attempt to provide very basic yet unreliable theory to make your point. Lets not forget one important point, most of them who travel to Ruins are still newbies who do not have a main character. 

There's more benefits to that particular map being a pvp map then if it was removed. KS complaints [both leveling and king farming] botting and more would go up, just to accomodate the few players who want to bot and not get killed, or the even fewer people who are just discouraged by being killed. Which, lets face it, if you're not botting, there are some way better spots then ruins for the level most people are going there. 
Lets face it too, your argument is invalid in many ways. By the very same equation you mentioned to support your theory, then all of Rose Online should become PK available. You also seem to avoid the fact that many players do go there and enjoy killing other newbies for fun. Why isn't this even highlighted to give the newbies a fair chance? 

In the end, this ropic was a waste of time as it's always been this way and for good reason. 
There have been many things that remained for quite some time for reasons we thought good. Until dev finally realized changes are needed and they are then changed. Nothing is 100% certain and things should change according to the circumstances in-game. 

On one hand we have people who are trying to level up but are constantly threatened by other players who intentionally kills them for reasons not even listed in what Feuer have been so kind to provide.

On another hand we have another type of people who goes into Ruins and make it their own Duck Hunt campaign. These players are protected by the very fact that the map itself is a PK map and WP isn't willing to do anything about it. I repeat my question again and in which I hope a proper and satisfactory answer could be provided. What is the reason for Ruins to remain a PK map? 

Geographically Ruins is not like Prison. In Prison, eventhough the mobs spawn are spread wider than in Prison, its flat surface terrain has made it a botting paradise. All we needed was a tank to sacri, a party surrounding the tank, and a runner to go out and lure. But in Ruins, the terrain is rather difficult for anyone to attempt what was in Prison. A remedy to help discourage botting could be as plain simple as  "Widening the mob spawn and not to make them so concentrated". 

So why are these KS / King farming / Botting be used as an excuse for making ruins a pk map ?  

#60 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

Seriously, time and time have past and the people still crying for pk at a pvp zone??? 

:heh:

#61 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Is nice to see u again in forums castanho wb :) and ikr

#62 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

Seriously, time and time have past and the people still crying for pk at a pvp zone??? 

:heh:

Lol, yea it's absolutely hilarious actually

#63 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:46 PM

You are 100% sure that people will complain and you are also 100% sure that WP will have to reduce the exp rate if they take away the PK function? 
Yes I am. Even with the interruption of PKing Ruins is one of the fastest leveling spots in the game. Removing the PVP would make it go even faster. Also, there have been tiems in the past where the experience rates were reduced and it resulted in large volumes of complaints.

By this very logic you used, then it would also be wise to implement PK function in OT, Kenji Beach, GoS, Orlo Maps, Snowfields, etc ? People bot there too. Your argument implied that BOTTING only occur actively in Ruins. This is invalid.

No I implied that botting in association with the fastest leveling map in late game results in an unfair advantage, and that PvP eleviates this.
In addition yes some of those maps could support PvP, Kenji being one of them as most users go there from level 3x to 70. Both of those points are valid and can be supported with data. Although noone needs it because everyone knows to go to those maps to level for long periods of time.

Well of course this work both ways. People could have also come from behind and kill you first right before you manage to kill the King. Lets not forget King farmers probably wear pvm gears and KSer/PKer will come at you in PvP ones. Also by this very same logic, Shikuku Prison should also be a PK map. Why not? People farm Kera all the time, no? Don't people farm scavenger king anymore? Or any other Kings around Orlo? Why not implement in those area too? 

Yes that is the risk of Farming in a PvP Map. It's kinda the point in general. Higher Risk Higher Reward. It's common practice. 
As for Kera/Orlo I already mentioned there should be a PvP channel with hightened drops + exp rewards. I also wouldn't be opposed if those maps in the current server had PvP function. Have you ever played a game with open world pvp / faction based pvp. It makes it significantly more intense.

Logic in theory. But lets see how it works in practical shall we? How do you propose having a character on standby on an alt window all the time? Having an unbuffed character is as good as dead against a buffed char.

The main / high leve char is in the group with the PT getting buffs and heals...

You desperately attempt to provide very basic yet unreliable theory to make your point. Lets not forget one important point, most of them who travel to Ruins are still newbies who do not have a main character.

Anyone leveling any character goes to Ruins... it's standard practice to level there... Seriously? You think that once someone levels 1 main character that they no longer go to ruins to level? 

Lets face it too, your argument is invalid in many ways.

No, they're perfectly valid as everything I said has been said by the staff themselves in previous posts with the exact same topic.. for YEARS.

By the very same equation you mentioned to support your theory, then all of Rose Online should become PK available.

No the current mass leveling maps like Kenji, OT, and Ruins should be PvP Enabled. Think about it. The reason those maps are so severely popular is because they can easily be botted / provide huge amounts of exp for killing. The typical leveling areas are
Adv Plains 1-10
Zant 11-22
Junon 23-38
Kenji 39 - 70 [31 levels in the same spot]
GoS 71-100
OT 100-165 [65 levels in the same spot]
Ruins 166-205 [39 levels in the same spot]
Wasteland Path 206-230
3 maps that make up 135 levels, that's over 50% of level cap in 3 maps. Enabling PvP in those maps would slow that pace down to an industry standard and allow people to actually enjoy exploring and enjoy the experience that ROSE has to offer. Did you know there are plays who have never seen or even heard of Moss Golems, Turak, Budeaters, Behemoths, Bebegs, Ikaness Castle Gears or even Ents? They literally spend/spent their entire ROSE career in 8 leveling maps. Any one planets has more planetary maps then all those leveling maps combined.

You also seem to avoid the fact that many players do go there and enjoy killing other newbies for fun. Why isn't this even highlighted to give the newbies a fair chance?

I didn't avoid it, i acknowledged it by stating that it should be left as is. Without PKing in those maps, the level rate would soar even higher and that's the opposite of what should be happening. 
Also it is "highlighted" by giving you more mob spawns, and more exp per kill. That is the reward for it being PvP. The same can be said for DoD. 

There have been many things that remained for quite some time for reasons we thought good. Until dev finally realized changes are needed and they are then changed. Nothing is 100% certain and things should change according to the circumstances in-game. 

Yes but they shouldn't be changed for the wrong reason. If enough people mass together on a wrongful cause it doesn't make it right just because of the majority. If enoguh people complain about PVP in the map and want it removed but the exp kept it doesn't mean it's right.

On one hand we have people who are trying to level up but are constantly threatened by other players who intentionally kills them for reasons not even listed in what Feuer have been so kind to provide.

On another hand we have another type of people who goes into Ruins and make it their own Duck Hunt campaign. These players are protected by the very fact that the map itself is a PK map and WP isn't willing to do anything about it. I repeat my question again and in which I hope a proper and satisfactory answer could be provided. What is the reason for Ruins to remain a PK map? 

It remains PvP enabled because of the high mob spawn rates, the mass amount of kings in the map, and the raised exp rates.

ShazamO
""PvP Maps exist cause the world of ROSE is a cute and dangerous place. Topic closed."

Player Killing in PvP Zones is legal. 

If it turns into harassment... such as you continuous insulting the player. But you should know the risks of you entering a PvP Zone.

Official (and dumb, if u want my opinion) answer has always been "it's a pk zone, don't go there if u don't wanna get pked"

You may go Orlo for leveling

People randomly pking people isn't something that just started since Gravity times lol. Like this has been said in the last 15posts about this, if you don't like it go level somewhere else. Plenty of other places to level then just PVP zones. 

It's a PvP zone, killing is allowed. If you don't like it, change map, or kill them back.

get over it

It's a PK Zone, and not a levelling zone. In truth they should be complaining about too many people going there to level and not to pvp, not the other way around.

Like most people stated, it's a PK zone and you'll probably get killed.

But if they are harassing you, like FULL on harassing.. you can submit a ticket and they will be dealt with.

I'm not the only one. 

Edited by VModCupcake, 29 October 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#64 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

We need a few maps besides tg that we can actually go to and kill our beloved rose players right? 

#65 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Leena will try to use the teleticket LMAO

someone, with high authority, must close this thread

Yes, close this thread. If I am in the game playing. Please just let me know for god sakes. Ill cough up the zuile myself to teleticket there. And if they want a war ill bring all my buffers there, or tell them to bring their nooby butts to TG.

#66 Thais1997

Thais1997

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

yes god forbid you atually help the new players to get to a high lvel, pls, make everything pvp so they can go and kill the level 1 player in adventure plain, if you read what I did ask was for HELP no for closing pvp maps, no for anything else but HELP from a community to as I can see dont bother/care to help, too busy checking how awesome they think they are, well, thanks valakas for see my point, BTW, I am sure if you put a restriction, like... lets say you cannot pk players 30 levels below your level will be too much of a problem, but hey, I am just a noob trying to actually play this game, right?

no wonder the servers are empty....

#67 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:28 PM

dont blame the pk maps cause that, is not that reason y servers are empty, there's a reason (wich most of players who play like years (but anleast 3/4 months ago (u guys know wich updates))). and i will be honest

what does a newbie (i prefeer saying newbie than noob) do wen they get into rose??? focus in lvl up ofc, screw the quests, items n etc, just lvl up

wich spots? they ask old players for the spots or even check forums. What happen during the newbie playing? they are in a party, members get mad cause he isnt atacking 24/7, ask a way for do it, guess wat? bots ofc, 99% of partys is boters, soo yah even newbies get bots from that noobs (now im saying noobs to some newbies cause they dont know the risk of boting), copy them, COPY GUIDES, SPAM SKILLS, SPAM CD OR DGS, QUIT GAME. thats atm the situation, the guides ARENT FOR BE COPY, THE GUIDES ARE FOR HELP NEWBIES NOT FOR NEWBIES COPY THEM, they can give suggest yeah might work but isnt them own builds, lets we see, mage type, oh look a full aoe type, cos? no mana consuption, LOTS OF USELESS AOES IN PVP (pvp with mage isnt just spam aoes, thats noob ....), no skill range, no enought mana cause lots of aoes, no skill slot space.

A Mage should just have one element type only or even one element type + magic, not the 4 elements full aoe. i do can give a help in builds but ofc i would need to test first, a gd mage tip for be a pro mage, do just one element or one element and magic if is possible (magic is the 4th element, it haves less skills) than chose wisely the skills, passives, and for pvp have that elements pvp skills, thats all i can say, dont just do int only, maybe do 350 points (sugestion) of int, some few strenght and dex for def and dogde, more atack power can do some charm cause debuff (if that debuff charm option still u can do it), but just dont focus in magic damage, focus also in def.

#68 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

yes god forbid you atually help the new players to get to a high lvel, pls, make everything pvp so they can go and kill the level 1 player in adventure plain, if you read what I did ask was for HELP no for closing pvp maps, no for anything else but HELP from a community to as I can see dont bother/care to help, too busy checking how awesome they think they are, well, thanks valakas for see my point, BTW, I am sure if you put a restriction, like... lets say you cannot pk players 30 levels below your level will be too much of a problem, but hey, I am just a noob trying to actually play this game, right?

Don't pay them any mind. There is nothing wrong with you asking for help. They do not have the right to say any different. I hope you don't give up and good luck leveling!

#69 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

This whole topic just became a debate... This was a call for help on the forums, instead of saying "Sure I'll come help" or "Sorry I can't help at this time", the whole things just became a debate as to whether or not something is correct or not...

As to the OP, if you're on the Leonis server, try to message me on NoobMeister, if I'm online, let me know who you are and the situation for example: I'm the one that posted on forums about pking in ruins, I need help in ruins cause someone is pking. And I'll do what I can about helping.

#70 bergjasper

bergjasper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

Don't let haters get to you, they're past the stage of coming across these problems themselves so I guess they cannot feel any compassion (not saying that's explicitly necessary but neither is the hate). Anyway, if you need any help let me know and I'll try my best ;)

#71 Rayun

Rayun

Tool Creator

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
  • Server:Leo,Draco,Pega

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

I must also add one thing.

Mostly people who goes to PK in ruins are either on revenge mission (for being PK'd by someone) or ones who cannot compete on equal level.

I have been in ruins few times with friends low level chars and mostly attackers had very moderate skills/gear to compete with fully built pvp class.

Personally i think only people who go to PK to ruins are the ones who has no skills and needs to feed their ego by killing low level ones as they have no chance in equally-level/geared ones.

Only way to solve it for new players who thinks PK in ruins is wrong is to lower EXP there (and maybe raise drop rates) so they will stay in maps around it.

#72 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:47 PM

Don't pay them any mind. There is nothing wrong with you asking for help. They do not have the right to say any different. I hope you don't give up and good luck leveling!

Actually I have just as much of a right  to say that he cant ask for help as you do to say he can. Obviously that's not the case ask I said asking for help is perfectly fine to do, but the point remains when it comes to "rights" everyone has just as much of a right to say whatever they feel, even if it contradicts what you think is morally sound or makes sense. 

#73 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

They think

"Omg this is such a great map with such great exp and although I get killed most of the time by other players and their action prevents me from gaining any GREAT EXP advantage, I must continue to love this system and thus play the game even more. Might even encourage my friends to try it and get killed together with them ^_^v"  

I sincerely wish you luck though. Hope you get maxed soon and enjoy more freedom than being under constant threat. If you are in Draconis, I'd have been able to help you more than giving you words alone. 

#74 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

Mmm..there is always a few players in draco that just sweep through ruins and clear it out now and then. You just deal with it, if no one can help you, don't antagonize the people pking by talking back to them. Just let them get bored, leave, then continue with your leveling. But really, don't start trash talking to them because they will just ensure they will  focus on you and hunt you nonstop.

#75 Thais1997

Thais1997

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:33 AM

ok few points in this

a) hi, my name is Rachel, yes I am a woman (stop calling me "he" XD)

b ) I am maxed, but I have friends who had left the game because they cannot get trough the ruin part

c) the guys does this every day no once in a while, you either party his lowbie, or he kill your party (normally kill the cleric and let you die or kill you if you happens to survive),

d) I ask for help because you are the supposed pro in this game, and he have bad chars, but maxed and pvp gear, tell me what a mage lvl 160 (with normal armor) can do against a fully gear maxed? I was just telling you ppl, "hey want to do something?, help ppl in ruins, they beingn pked to a inch of their lifes"

e) I party in another map now, thank you very much, ruins is not worth it, yep, another map who will end unused, like so many others,

btw if your read my pm, I asked for help, trough a good few restrictions in open maps with pvp options maybe worth it the lost of exp, I myself have never killed in ruins, I do pvp for kicks and giggles in battlefield, no need to waste money in tickets that way ;)

Edited by Thais1997, 30 October 2014 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users