Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis and Leonis

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

Hello Artisan Representative,

During Gem & Stats update, which of this two type's of BA is good in CD war type that can earn high honor point in 1 CD game. I start to use my Artisan now to buy passive skill in Honor shop, Its a lot of honor points so I need a tips on using BA also I don't know what to choose between Gun and Launcher. 

What are the difference of this two?

What type is best for BA?

What stats are best for Gun and Launcher?

What Gear's set are best?

Is there latest and updated Example of Stat and Skill Build for this?

What is the advantage and disadvantage?

Thank you in advance,

#2 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:36 PM

Oho, I feel adressed! Altho I hope others chip in with their knowledge as well :)

I'd refrain from calling anything 'the best' but could go with preffered.

I like the Gun Artisan myself as the AoE's (launcher gains more from skill shots due to the higher base ap) from a Artisan isn't so great. You'll be looking to deal bursty single target dmg, aiming for the squishy targets to begin with - raiders will hate you, take them out with your high accuracy (be wary of dual raiders).

You could go with both Glori and Chiva for PvP in my oppinion. For PvM I'd go Brave so you avoid dying repeatedly.
Luna set is awesome for PvM.
Hebarn/Arua set is kinda nice for PvP to mention one.
Gems - personal prefferences somewhat. Many gems are good.

I've heard the stat Con is very useful ;)
Stats are variating from build to build. Con is your main stat. The most likely skill to follow is Sen as those Crits really can immobilize someone with your rapid firing rate.
After that you got Dex in my view, throw in some coins onto Str but keep it low. It's personal prefferences.

Skills.. You got enough to grab just about any combination really.. Not in lack of these unless you want it ALL. Stick to one tree (gun or launcher).

Using the BA.. Stay in the back unless being targetted then you might wnna consider staying next to a Knight or next to flames.
Protect your Cleric from sneaky Raiders.
Take out enemy Mages from a distance.
Compete with the oppositions Ranged chars. Support your allies who chooses to go after these.
There could be countless of advice.. Some better then others and some only relevant to certain very specific situations and so on. Play the character and experience it yourself is my best advice :)

Enjoy!

#3 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

Base on my experience in 10 runs of Crystal Defenders, 4 out of 10 I enjoy being BA.

1st in 10 run I don't see any BA except me, all playing Bourg or other classes.

2nd All hunting me 1st they hide (Scout/Raider - Katar/Dual) then all together kill me even I am beside of two FS still nothing can't stop from dying except I am run away from team. And If there's a Dual Raider also or any character that have good charm set too Slow/Debuff you. You can't RUN away unless you set on mind that they always ambush you. So the only thing you can do is Geared with max MSPD the Hit and Run. And if you do that you can't gain high Honor points. I think this is the answer why most of player don't play Artisan. So sad for all BA  :p_sad:  

#4 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:45 AM

You got it right :)

Try teaming with a Knight that understand how to support you. He got a very nice Protection giving 50%dmg reduction and he also got taunt abilities. It requires a friend that plays Knight in most cases as many 'normal' Knights will not be.. up to the task.

Additional option is to go with Chiva Armour, 2 pieces, and Glori Armour, 2 pieces, then simply put a Cliff set on with Amethysts in. This would provide the Cleric more time to act before you die.

Face

4 Leaf Clover (30/50) is a 'must' if you ask me as the protection, and attack ofc, it grants from Crit versus Raiders is very good.
mustasche (75/50) if you wanna run.

Backshield

2 options as I see it; The regular one or Eudy Fairy Wings for mspd and the dodge as many Raiders got a rather bad Accuracy, this would go well along with the lines of building Dex heavily into the build. Now, be warned, many people claim dodge is useless while I reckon the truth is that it's simply not as good as it used to be but far from useless in certain situations.
Eudy Fairy Wings would go well with the Mustasche.

Gem in boots.
Dmg reduction - goes well with the regular backshield.
Movementspeed (75) - goes well with Eudy and Mustasche.
Dodge/Accu gem goes well with teaming a friendly Knight.

Gem in Head
Dodge/Accu, I'm not a big fan of any gems for the helm so far.
Optional is to go for the Accu/Aspd in order to "kill before getting killed" but I think we mostly was talking about how to stay alive atm.

Gem in Arms
Not any defensive here, go for a offensive one you like. If you need further Crit protection there is that option as well, only in combination with 4 Leaf Clover imo.
Personally, without testing, I think the piercing one would go well for a Artisan that already has some to begin with.

Gem in Face
Go with stats instead.

Gem in Backshield
Go with stats instead.
Exception is if you go for a Honor Backshield then you might wanna take the +45 dodge gem. (I assume these are gem-able now a days).

------------------

I stress that these are merely my oppinions not anything 'decided' the best or anything.

The main bit of this: stay loyal to your 2 pieces of Glori and 2 pieces of Chiva. The times you face alot of Raiders that seems to gang you alot, put on Cliff set to give your Cleric reaction time.
Your dmg might get hampered but you can build around it.

#5 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:48 AM

Oh, don't forget to bring your grenades! They help a ton :)

Stun and Accu down.

#6 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

Nice this is what I'm looking for, I try this one and I take this as my reference. I'm currently a Gun type and thinking to try the Launcher type. Have you already try this one, what can you say about this type? BTW thanks for the Tips.

#7 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

Glad that I can help somewhat, Artisans can be tricky to play in CD.

I would not favour the Launcher above the Gun in basically any sitaution for my own Artisan. Only one way to find out if you think the same tho :)
The reason behind it is mainly the difference in Aspd, simple suits better with the normal attacks. Personally I don't think many of the skills are worth throwing and a Launcher would only be preffered by me if I was spamming skills.

For a Bourg this is very different as they have separate trees for gun and launcher there. And both have their own superior usage.

#8 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

Thanks, That's my main reason why I play BA, I like tricky  :heh: . And for the launcher type I will also try it for my self, I'm so curious about the combination of Critical damage / Skill power / Pierce Defense. I will post next time the result after I compared the two types of BA. 

#9 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

When I can logg in again I'll check wich two pieces of Glori and Chiv was the most beneficial, I've forgotten and after the last patch I haven't been able to logg in. I'll be in touch here. Perhaps you already checked to see what combination was the 'better' one for you.

#10 3942130124084145663

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hello,

Related to gear set, what do you guys think about exalted set? which set is better? sturdy frigid or glacial?

i am considering the glacial because +5% crit damage, not sure if it is more worthed than ap 50 and +1 range

because nobody reply i add more question...

is judgement good? or just take dread knight?

what do you think about preci set? cant outrun scout/raider? no damage?

which skill do i need to take? hypno? daze?

thank you.

Edited by 3942130124084145663, 12 November 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#11 KHAIDOH

KHAIDOH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOffice

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:39 PM

Hello,

Related to gear set, what do you guys think about exalted set? which set is better? sturdy frigid or glacial?

i am considering the glacial because +5% crit damage, not sure if it is more worthed than ap 50 and +1 range

because nobody reply i add more question...

is judgement good? or just take dread knight?

what do you think about preci set? cant outrun scout/raider? no damage?

which skill do i need to take? hypno? daze?

thank you.

Hi,

1. For the exalted set, I go for Glacial.

2. I don't get the Summon Judgement cause its consuming alot of SP to learn.

3. Precious Set? Yes you can run from scout and raider, just enchance it to make it effective. But ofcourse you still received damage from them when being hit, specially those have high accu and range.

4. Hypno and Daze are both good.

#12 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

I'd consider getting the Judgement, I kinda like it and I haven't really a problem with finding SP for it.. I also think it's good fun to Summon 5 Archers with the summon gauge gem :D

Precious set is an option if there's alot of raiders, or others, yes but keep in mind that you can get slowed down a great deal by dual raiders especially, then you'll be in a nasty situation where you can't outrun them and are in a squishy set. So maybe after a while in the game you have checked to see if they have any charm raiders, or something else nasty for mspd set, and then adjust your set to fit the situation. Naturally this is if/when you can afford multiple sets :) Starting with a cheaper exalted set is a nice idea for sure, It's good too.

#13 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:26 AM

Battle Artisans are so underwhelming right now..Its very hard to use it both in cd or pvm. Pvm you are better off using spears or duals though. PVP well almost every class is better than artisan

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:10 AM

So, I'm not an Artisan Rep, however I do have a high level Launcher Arti. I'll outline some of the finer points of this build

1: AoE's. This is good, as the path to being a good PvP player starts with leveling. AoE's for most party's are a must. These can also increase your damage done in CD and over-all increase your point gain.

2: Offensive Passives. At first your offensive passives look, wonky at best. However once you max them out you have roughly the following.

35% Def Pierce

70% Critical Damage

25% Skill Power

High AP

Mid-High Skill Power attacks from Artisan Tree.

If you build with 1 def pierce gem + 1 citrine, you can bump those values to 40% + ### pierced and 100% critical Damage.

3: Cast times. For 1v1 Launcher combat, Artisans beat bourges. Their single target skills from the Artisan tree cast so much faster then a Bourges. 

4: AoE Radius + Sleep. You can cast Hypno Shot with a Launcher and the AoE radius passive bumps this from 10m AoE, to 15!. It's insanity, and OH SO helpful when controlling large groups of enemy's. 

5: Better accuracy then Cannon Bourge. Artisans gain a 15% accuracy passive, while I think Launcher Bourges have none. This can greatly help with your combating Raiders and Scouts.

6: Nades. The fact that you have 5 types of nades [Stun, Normal, Mp, Poison, Flash] with a Stun [Daze Attack] and Hypno Shot makes you one of the most reliable CC partners.

7: Mutes. [related to nades] Mute's don't affect a Arti much. Consumables like Grenades can be used while muted. And Skill Power Passives work on Grenades. Launcher Artisan has Both Nades, Skill Power passives and in addition high AP. This makes them master's of the nade, as they cast nades at the same speed as a gun, but with significantly more oomph.

So from my experience, a Launcher Artisan is fully capable of nuking an opponent, and CCing like a boss. They're very well rounded and if played correctly, very useful. 

Edited by Feuer, 02 December 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#15 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

Feuer.. Can you explain to me what does Flash Grenades do? It says it has a chance to blind the enemy.. What does blinding do. I dont think it is stun right? Since we already have stun grenades..

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

Explosives: Pure damage / highest damage grenade for that tier.

Mana: Causes damage + MP damage, reducing your enemy's available MP. [like mana burn]

Concussive: Stun + Damage.

Flash: Causes damage + chance to add accu down status. 

#17 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users