98 replies to this topic

#51 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Leo, you may want to check the HP bug. 1 second, my knight had 20% of HP. The next second, my knight drops dead, even when it is wearing full +15 brave set, reduction gems, and using guard skill. Either it is the HP bug or the King due 8K damage per hit on the knight - with full EQ, reduction gems, and reduction skills.

#52 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:07 PM

ChampPower, without knowing the king you were fighting, I really don't have a good judgement to whether it should have done that or not. There are many other considerations I would have otherwise, because you weren't exactly detailed in values.

20% HP doesn't mean much, because 20% of 15,000 vs 30,000 is quite a difference.

Next, what you're wearing only gives me an idea of your damage reduction. Knowing the character's level and defense value, is much more helpful.

Also, which reduction gems, knowing specifics to which one makes a difference.

#53 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

Kings are much stronger Whew..good challenge lol

#54 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

ChampPower, without knowing the king you were fighting, I really don't have a good judgement to whether it should have done that or not. There are many other considerations I would have otherwise, because you weren't exactly detailed in values.

20% HP doesn't mean much, because 20% of 15,000 vs 30,000 is quite a difference.
Next, what you're wearing only gives me an idea of your damage reduction. Knowing the character's level and defense value, is much more helpful.
Also, which reduction gems, knowing specifics to which one makes a difference.

Thank you for answering my post. It was the judge in SOD. My knight has around 30,000k or more, with full buff. I am also using the strongest (new) damage reduction gems set (forgot thir names and too lazy to log in to check the name) with full brave EQs, including the brave weapon.

#55 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Sikuku Elite King

2mrbm7l.jpg

41 level difference.

Sikuku has 5k+ mroe ap, 10x more HP [the number on the chart is a base, that is increased by the monsters level and type [essentially (2,622*170)/20 [220k or so]

I know exactly what I'm fighting, but thanks for questioning it, it's not often I get a chance to ram it back down your throat, oh wait, I do that all the time lol.

As for the point I was making, fighting any king within 1/2 your level range should provide a challenge, fighting any king within 1/4 your level range should be hard as hell. And fighting a king +/-10 levels to you, it should wipe the floor with your already dead and limp body. Kings should be changed to "captains" and a new tier should be made that's 10x harder then the current kings. That would make me actually feel like I did something. Even after these increases, I can solo kings. That was disappointing. 

Where did you find the monster stats data?

#56 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

And why his data state that the Elite only has 2622 HP? We know it has much more HP than that.

#57 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Indeed? The stats Feuer posted made me realize he has some decent resources.

Sure would save me a lot of time testing things and a lot easier to create the best build in the fastest manner possible.

So I believe it's time to cough up this info cause my Google search engine certainly isn't helping and the compendium is very out of date.

#58 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Data mining using a few tools I have. 

#59 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:42 PM

The monster difficultly was increase to be on par with players, so the rates remain the same for now.

They are definitely very strong, but my knight can still tank them so its alright by me

#60 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:13 PM

Thank you for answering my post. It was the judge in SOD. My knight has around 30,000k or more, with full buff. I am also using the strongest (new) damage reduction gems set (forgot thir names and too lazy to log in to check the name) with full brave EQs, including the brave weapon.

The higher level SoD, Fallen Judge Talratha, has a very high attack power, and any skills he might use would prove to be that much more stronger. Even with that much reduction, it has the potential to hurt very much.

Also, if there was a Judgement Blade, that would be extremely painful as well.

It is quite possible, that even with that setup, they can hit you very hard and take you down if not paying attention.

Feuer is taking the data directly from the client it seems. Bad Feuer!

(Multiply the monster's level, by the value in the HP column, that's how much HP the monster actually has)

#61 y0bveb

y0bveb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:51 PM

This just means more harder to level for lowbies ! Especially in ruins. Pks+monster strenthgs increased= more people stop lvling then quit.. ;D 

#62 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:34 AM

Feuer is taking the data directly from the client it seems. Bad Feuer!

(Multiply the monster's level, by the value in the HP column, that's how much HP the monster actually has)

Gotta do what I gotta do :P 

#63 carlolz

carlolz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:49 AM

Is it possible to apply the Monster AP changes to Kings and Sub boss only for more challenge in farming for old players. And not to the other type of monster for the benefit of new players. Its unfair that they can't enjoy leveling without a good party and gears. Thanks.

Edited by carlolz, 25 October 2014 - 01:53 AM.

#64 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:56 AM

If newer players are having issues with the new monster strengths, that's fine. Personally I think the AP change should effect all star monsters: leaders (bronze star next to hp bar), captains (silver star), commanders (gold star), kings, elites, and dungeon monsters.

Normal monsters can remain unaffected or be buffed to a lesser extent if it's really problematic.

Edited by jerremy, 25 October 2014 - 01:58 AM.

#65 carlolz

carlolz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:12 AM

If newer players are having issues with the new monster strengths, that's fine. Personally I think the AP change should effect all star monsters: leaders (bronze star next to hp bar), captains (silver star), commanders (gold star), kings, elites, and dungeon monsters.
Normal monsters can remain unaffected or be buffed to a lesser extent if it's really problematic.

Agreed. That's the best thing to do. For the sake of new players just starting this game. Let's hope they will consider your suggestion.

#66 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

This update cannot be good for the new player. Today, I was playing HOO with a new player (a lv 230 knight). I gave him the +65 buff, yet he could not lure, he could not fight the boss, and he died a lot if I was stop healing him for a few seconds. I was mad because I had to recuses him many times when he was the knight. How mad was I? Let's just say I have never used the F-word until now. If that is the case for the knight, what chance do the new players have if they play other classes? The situation is worst when I pretended to be the new player to train with other new players. They died like the wild fire. This was why I proposed to leave all monsters and Kings alone and create a special place/dimension which has many strong monsters and Kings for those who seek the challenge, like Jerremy.

I know most of the DEV team and class representatives will hate it, but all of you have to stop thinking as individual. Instead, all of you need to think in term of the general population if you want this game to survive and prosper. You cannot exclude any players nor any groups from the calculation.

#67 Djerba

Djerba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:20 AM

@jerremy: At this moment i personally feel that the dmg from dungeon mobs is problematic.

From a starting player perspective equip yourself with a max +10 reinf & harden set. Then try doing dungeons, just try it... you'll get my point.

Referring to another thread about this matter.

Edited by Djerba, 26 October 2014 - 02:21 AM.

#68 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:21 AM

I run dungeons in my lv50 unrefined brave set, so yeah (even starting players can get this easily). CoU is a breeze, HoO is a breeze as long as you get a mummy king although queen seems to be somewhat overbuffed. Have yet to try SoD.

Edited by jerremy, 26 October 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#69 100002969028758

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

is discouraged refining

Today I was trying to refine my FV, and spent some Lisent 800hg + 1200U + +16 venurune 3plutorune + 5nepturune, and VF continues at lvl 14

I am outraged by the refining

spend time without playing to cool off was

#70 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

is discouraged refining

Today I was trying to refine my FV, and spent some Lisent 800hg + 1200U + +16 venurune 3plutorune + 5nepturune, and VF continues at lvl 14

I am outraged by the refining

spend time without playing to cool off was

+14 is pretty dang good if you ask me. 

#71 kleberrbs4

kleberrbs4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

+14 is pretty dang good if you ask me. 

you think he spends everything right and the item does not're 15+

#72 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

+15 end game BiS should be hard to get. and it should be expensive. 

#73 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:22 AM

+15 end game BiS should be hard to get. and it should be expensive. 

The problem is that it was very easy at some point to get +15s, and it s a lot more expensive and hard nowadays, this combined with the fact lvling and farming is way harder nowadays too make the game be completly unfair for new players.

Everyone playing a few years ago had it incredibly easy to drop lisents.... farm equipments... honor and brave bindrunes... refine wasn t failing that much at all, and now for new players obtaining all those items is a pain in the ***. It doesn't make the game attractive, make ppl run away from it, especially knowing that this server have to compete with several "other" servers... you cannot ignore this fact as when it comes to make a product attractive, you do have to make some kind of benchmarking in order to have a product wich can be competitive on the market.... if you want it to succeed it is.

Edited by VModCupcake, 28 October 2014 - 10:04 AM.

#74 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:24 AM

I hates all these changing of stat every now and then. That's not really an update which u call an update. If u know what I meant.

As someone pointed out, where is the actual update we have been waiting???

#75 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

+15 end game BiS should be hard to get. and it should be expensive

honestly speaking, in order for people to not complain about the new refining system, its time to have a 230 gear , for honor and valor and a new epic. so we all ( old players, new players ) can feel the pain in the butt to refine ... cause now is not fair to the new comer like me, those old players refined their gears all to +15 during the easy time , and me ( new comer 0 have to deal during the hard time . so not fair .,.. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users