[renewal] Question to renewal players - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[renewal] Question to renewal players

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#101 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:37 AM

Because there were 12 classes in pre-Renewal, they all had a use, and they made for fun party play. Now there's 5-6, and they're all bland [...]Granted, this is more due to Renewal mechanics than the 3rd jobs themselves, but nonetheless, [...]

I disagree. It has more to do with the jobs than the renewal mechanics. Its because they've all been given AoEs and stronger offensive skills. Did Bishop need adoramus to solo? Did every job need a competitive AoE? I don't think so. This is what made the jobs blanmd and role-less. The actual skill design of 3rd jobs.

the game only existing for 4 hours/week, the rest of the world just being a monster blender to prepare for those 4 hours.

This is because of gramps. An iRO customization. Not a renewal problem. Also because of an iRO specific problem of having like 40 years worth of godlikes and mvp cards rammed into one server.

Edited by Jaye, 26 October 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#102 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

Warpportal streams other games on the warpportal twitch. Yet we cant talk about other games! lol

Because they can clearly play this one very well.

I've said many times that the "management" would certainly know how to better their game if they actually played and cared about it enough. If only their bosses saw how shockingly different the ROs that are officially ran look and how happy the player base is with the CM/GM team. Also 70s/80s nostalgia trumps talking about RO in maint/TT threads. You see them online, you've asked them questions in those threads but they don't have the time to post but they can comment on personal profile status', priorities are severely impaired.  

#103 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

Ninja is garbage on renewal as well.

Ninja is one of the top killers in renewal woe TE, if you had actually played you would know how deadly they are.

A strong reason why people wont leave renewal and jump to classic is that renewal has a more popular trans woe of it's own, ie WoE Training edition. I can argue it is more popular for two reasons, One being that it's more popular than both our 1.0 and 2.0 woe days combined. People show up in mass for this woe and the feedback I get as a leader is it's the one they enjoy the most. Second is our population and turn up for woe TE dwarfs classic woe, there is large fights and long sustained ones, The battles are epic.

I will argue that WoE TE is not only so much fun but is also more balanced class wise than classic woe. The classes have been adjusted well enough that no one class dominates, everyone is equally valued even more so than in pre-renewal.

You will find it hard to get renewal players by enticing them with a pre-renewal woe when they have a very strong alternative trans woe in their own server that is flourishing. Trans chars are easily made in renewal and the gear needed for classes is not very expensive to acquire.

With many renewal players screaming for the woe to be extended to two hours because they love WoE TE so much, classic will continue to find it difficult to find players to transfer over just for woe.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 26 October 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#104 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:32 AM

Second is our population and turn up for woe TE dwarfs classic woe, there is large fights and long sustained ones, The battles are epic.

I will argue that WoE TE is not only so much fun but is also more balanced class wise than classic woe. 

On Renewal,

Wednesday WoE's:  Most show up/some large fights.  

Saturday's WoE's: alot are canceled (wtf?) because nobody shows up/there are no decent large fights/its not fun.  By this time people are anticipating WoE TE the next day anyways.

Sunday WoE TE:  The turn up for this is Saturday and Wed WOE's population combined.

Actions speak for themselves

Edited by cory, 27 October 2014 - 05:33 AM.

#105 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

There hasn't been a canceled WoE on renewal for years...  If your guild is canceling THEIR attendance at WoE, that's a different story.

To add on to what Alice said, and speaking from personal experience.  I'm already doing 3 WoEs a week.  I don't think I'd want to add on another 2.  I'd be willing to give Classic a fair shot (don't knock it til you try it, right?), but I'm hesitant to try it because I just see myself getting burnt out if I actually do enjoy it.  Any pre-3rd class nostalgia is satisfied by TE.  Yes it's renewal mechanics, instead of pre-renewal, which gives a huge benefit to the defense (fixed cast times, and no GTB to protect your Sac from being Dispelled makes it very difficult to get an ME off when you rush), but I'm actually quite ok with that.  It's a welcome change of scenary/strategy from WoE 1+2.

#106 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

Ninja is one of the top killers in renewal woe TE, if you had actually played you would know how deadly they are.

A strong reason why people wont leave renewal and jump to classic is that renewal has a more popular trans woe of it's own, ie WoE Training edition. I can argue it is more popular for two reasons, One being that it's more popular than both our 1.0 and 2.0 woe days combined. People show up in mass for this woe and the feedback I get as a leader is it's the one they enjoy the most. Second is our population and turn up for woe TE dwarfs classic woe, there is large fights and long sustained ones, The battles are epic.

I will argue that WoE TE is not only so much fun but is also more balanced class wise than classic woe. The classes have been adjusted well enough that no one class dominates, everyone is equally valued even more so than in pre-renewal.

You will find it hard to get renewal players by enticing them with a pre-renewal woe when they have a very strong alternative trans woe in their own server that is flourishing. Trans chars are easily made in renewal and the gear needed for classes is not very expensive to acquire.

With many renewal players screaming for the woe to be extended to two hours because they love WoE TE so much, classic will continue to find it difficult to find players to transfer over just for woe.

When I say ninja is garbage on renewal I meant for the other 167 hours in the week. Yes I did play WoE TE, and I know Ninja is pretty strong in that but WoE TE isn't a major part of playing renewal afaik. I played 4-5 TE WoE's and 90% of my experience was pre casting or rushing a pre cast.

What one class dominates in Classic? My last roster for classic WoE on sunday had about 45 people and no more than 6 of one class. (organized for optimal performance, not by coincidence or to prove a point) Class amounts were: 5, 5, 4, 2, 6, 5, 2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 1, 2

Basic yet effective woe gear on classic is way cheaper than renewal TE gear (for 80% of the classes). You can have completely standard gear and make a big impact in classic woe.

The only reason WoE TE is more popular than classic woe is obviously because it's on the main iRO server and has a much larger player base, reaching to attribute it to anything else doesn't hold any weight. And it's so popular on that server because it's as close to classic woe as the server can get.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 27 October 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#107 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:35 PM

Saturday's WoE's: alot are canceled (wtf?) because nobody shows up/there are no decent large fights/its not fun.  By this time people are anticipating WoE TE the next day anyways.

The 18th October WOE 2014 was one of the most interesting, crowded, laggiest, largest, funnest fight on the Renewal server have had in WOE 2.0 for a while.

The Following weekend there was no fight because a certain population on the server decided they don't want more fights like 18th October's WOE and want boring WOEs and dominance, (GvGing themselves is more fun apparently...) And the other population that canceled decided they aren't going to entertain them and went off to do more productive stuff. :U

Edit: Sorry for off topic, but carry on. I answered Xellie in a PM why I wouldn't play Classic. =< Mostly also time constraint and having a lot of responsibilities already.

Edited by WarlockFier, 27 October 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#108 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

When I say ninja is garbage on renewal I meant for the other 167 hours in the week. Yes I did play WoE TE, and I know Ninja is pretty strong in that but WoE TE isn't a major part of playing renewal afaik. I played 4-5 TE WoE's and 90% of my experience was pre casting or rushing a pre cast.

The only reason WoE TE is more popular than classic woe is obviously because it's on the main iRO server and has a much larger player base, reaching to attribute it to anything else doesn't hold any weight. And it's so popular on that server because it's as close to classic woe as the server can get.

Your completely dis-regarding the fact that woe TE IS MORE POPULAR than woe 1.0 and 2.0 combined and so therefore IS a major part of the renewal experience. Your in complete denial over this fact.

#109 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:33 PM

No, Renewal is a big failure as it is, but classic is like going back in time with something that sucks as much but you know it will be stale and the same forever, no new maps, no quest no new nothing

#110 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

Classic has new maps (see challange dung) and has new quests (get s. Mid via in game quest? Yes). Please try again.

#111 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

Your completely dis-regarding the fact that woe TE IS MORE POPULAR than woe 1.0 and 2.0 combined and so therefore IS a major part of the renewal experience. Your in complete denial over this fact.

I wonder why it's more popular than 1.0 and 2.0........... oh right it's more like pre-renewal woe.

#112 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

Or it's new and different ...

#113 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:06 PM

it has potential, would be a lot better in SE castles

#114 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

We even have new TE god items worth fighting over in renewal and a new fort system with it's own free rental gears so anyone can play! It's own quests and rewards system built in. Dose not sound too classic like to me at all. More like new updates, content, quests and everything that classic is not? Sounds very renewal!

#115 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

There's a misconception that TE would play out like a classic woe.

it does not.

#116 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

No it does not play out like a classic woe, but you can say that what people would get from a classic woe they do get satisfied with a renewal woe TE, and that is a barrier to people joining classic when alot of the reason to move and try it is already catered for rather well on renewal. This is a hurdle for classic and all classic people who underestimate this are underestimating it at their own peril.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 28 October 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#117 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

And what is it that they get from it? long fixed cast times and a row of tao ninjas in 3 CPs? lol

#118 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:54 PM

Obviously you havent played it or you would of noticed none of the Hwiz mind the fixed cast time. They understand the need for sac, team play and that they really kick ass when they play well. Pre-Renewal never had instant cast Hwiz until some of the more OP gear was released, even then not many people could ever afford it. Xellie how many woe TE woe's have you actually attended in a real renewal guild? I play Hwiz and I do not in any way feel underpowered. I dont use any mvp cards and I have a large impact in a moving fight or in a defended fort.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 28 October 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#119 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

better get rdy to RMT some of those new shiny god items alice

Wow someone is really angry..

And what is it that they get from it? long fixed cast times and a row of tao ninjas in 3 CPs? lol

WoE TE is alot more balanced than Classic WoE. The fixed cast times are a nuisance but they prevent classes from being too OP, for instance Champs and Biochem on classic just spam fist and bomb, but on Renewal you really have to pick your targets carefully. Some of the cheating is fixed because you cant NDL bowling bash which is a problem on classic. Smaller more coordinated guilds do stand a chance against bigger guilds and makes it more reasonable for smaller guilds to participate in. I play Renewal TE and both classic WoEs.

Edited by Divine, 28 October 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#120 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:56 PM

I wasn't talking about HWs.

#121 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Id say fixed cast on Acid bomb alone makes Renewal TE more balanced than classic. A classic biochem is far more OP than our ninja's who have to re-buff themselfs and pot up between hits with a limited range.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 28 October 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Now why are you allowed to have misconceptions about Classic, but we're not allowed to have ours about TE?

I would rather not play at a slower pace. That's why I play Classic. If I wanted to deal with long cast times on make or break skills like spellbreaker or sacrifice, then I'd stand in quag or play TE!

#123 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:02 PM

spell break is near instant cast in Renewal TE. Oh wait that stops cheaters from using no-delay and is also more balanced. -_-

If you want a faster pace why are you complaining about our ninja?

Edited by Alicesaurus, 28 October 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#124 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

Let's all only pick out facts that support our position and ignore everything else for a minute... Oh wait

#125 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:05 PM

spell break is near instant cast in Renewal TE. Oh wait that stops cheaters from using no-delay and is also more balanced. -_-

If you want a faster pace why are you complaining about our ninja?

I'm making a point here, keep playing along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users