[renewal] Question to renewal players - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[renewal] Question to renewal players

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#176 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

You can earn hundreds of millions exp per hour depending on various things. Obviously if you're going to sit there grinding High Orcs or something it's slower. But there's much higher exp gain through increased rates/vip/manuals and much better leveling options. Some obviously require more skill or gear, but its not out of the question to be earning 40-60m per hour as a High Wizard in Sphinx or something.

I see. And as a SinX, what are the prospects? :P

#177 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:12 PM

As a SinX I'd go to Biolabs, the exp there is pretty crazy and they drop Guild Surplus Boxes. I'm not sure about specific exp amounts, I think Chipotle is one of the few I've seen down there leveling and he may be able to give specifics.

#178 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:14 PM

Aren't the Bio mobs, like, the scariest mobs in the game though? How's a scrub-tier, newly-minted SinX supposed to survive down there? :P

#179 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:17 PM

You can cloak past everything except the Sin X and LK. You just fly wing around looking for the squishy things to kill (Wizard and maybe Priest) and kill them fast. I'll admit its not super easy or safe but its "fast".

There has also been a lot of people looking to get Juperos implemented in all its glory and there has been talk of bringing back the Batholians map which is also pretty nice for them.

Besides that right now you could load up on some Pdodge and mob for an Ice Titan group.

Edited by Themes, 29 October 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#180 CaliJin

CaliJin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationIrvine Ca
  • Server:Classic :/

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

login in since 12:59

-1 <3

#181 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:31 PM

and this is another of my reasons for not going to classic.......why would i want to start with nothing? i mean are you willing to equip me with comparable gears to what i have on renewal(fyi, best piece of gear i own is a +10cod of caster), so i can become self sufficient, and be able to find a guild that isn't full of elitists?

Battlegrounds gear is almost comparable with woe gear on renewal in that case. Depends on your definition of elitists too.

sinx levelling in bio is soooooo fun, you can do that with the bg stuff.

#182 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

I don't understand the "i'd have to start over" argument, I have "items" on renewal and I am pretty sure because i put in a little effort I think i have more on classic in terms of worth (within a 4month time frame also) than the renewal server since 2003~ish. Then again i recall luck and actually playing being a factor too. 

Pssst you don't have to play an mmo alone~ making friends on RO has left me with some of the best friendships i have to this day. RO is as hard as you make it to be in terms of getting things done (for the pedantic people who wish to twist stuffs~)

#183 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:48 PM

^ That is true.

And to be honest when the merge was coming i was suspecting it to be a full clean swipe of items and just merge ur accounts and chars but have no zenny no equips and etc just a new server and u start over with the chars u have. The only difference is that instead of ymir and valk it will be chaos server and everyone has to start over per-say to get a standing in this new server-world. But when they say You get all your zenny and items and what not. I thought that was a huge mistake. And from that mistake classic server was born and here we are now.

#184 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

I spent years--years--scraping together the mediocre gears I have now.  Being forced to start over from scratch at this point, whether on Renewal or Classic, would be the surest way to get me to quit this game for good.  Especially since some of these gears I or one of my friends actually spent real money on.

To go back to the original point, there's pretty much nothing that can be done to make me switch to Classic at this point.  The dearth of forthcoming updates is unappealing, plus I have no desire to leave behind the characters and gear I worked so hard on in Chaos.  There's also the very real fact that the server is too small and PvM is practically dead; the few times I played around on Classic I saw very few other players, and those I found all seemed to be AFK or otherwise unwilling to talk to me.  Coupled with the difficulty inherent in trying to get a good financial foundation by yourself in any MMO, it's a very hostile environment to try to start out in.

I seem to recall several nearly identical threads on these very forums in the past; perhaps Classic players would do better to advertise on other gaming forums rather than continue nagging Renewal players to switch sides.

#185 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

Why switch sides if everything you can do on classic i get to do on renewal?

And yes i expect quite a few to quit but at the same time this idea was only in that short window time of when the merge was going to happen. i doubt anything good will happen now

#186 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Just throwing this out there... you could play both. 

Also not nagging we're just aware that some people would come back/return with "terms" hence the thread about xfering chars to classic, if we don't make the threads the CMs wont always know what people want >_>

(That first merge included sakray god items and mvp cards and botted items too, the servers shouldve been wiped on the mass merge because of the failure to merge the first time and get all items.)

#187 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

i dont think i have time to play both servers. I do a butt load on chaos server and when im not on that im either reading, studying, training, or gardening. Actually im surprise i have so much time to play Ragnarok.

#188 CrazyVines

CrazyVines

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:15 PM

Probably. I'm not really interested in playing (leveling) on two servers, but I wouldn't mind WoEing sometimes.

Same 

#189 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:59 PM

not sure if you're still confused about this but the main part of zero's proposal was to have monsters in the wild drop items that would assist guilds in WoE (various supplies and what not).  She was not suggesting that the outside maps all be pvp-enabled.  of course, the entire reason why gsbs were limited to guild dungeons was to combat botting and it would likely be a problem again if this were implemented.

Actually, it was a bit of both.

WoE supplies dropping from monsters would give PVM more purpose to WoE guilds and having the server be in PVP mode would attract guilds to the server itself. A PVP server wouldn't make every map PVP-enabled, there will be safe zones around the towns. But that would just encourage people to guild up and cooperate to protect each other during resource gathering.

#190 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:15 AM

But that would just encourage people to guild up and cooperate to protect each other during resource gathering.

Or quit.

#191 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

RESURRECTION!

chill out mods, this is highly relevant to things being talked about for classic right now. Old feedback is as important as new feedback.

#192 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:29 AM

It's funny how I said I'd never play Classic after Renewal, and yet, here we are. :P

#193 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

xellie needs fresh blooooooooooood

#194 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:23 AM

to spill.

#195 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

to spill.

…or drink…

#196 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

xellie needs fresh blooooooooooood

to spill.

…or drink…

Why not both?

Tell us, Xellie, when did you first get this craving to feast on the blood of your enemies?

#197 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

You'll have to wait for my AMA

#198 Necrohealiac