RO Merchandise I'd Want to Buy - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RO Merchandise I'd Want to Buy

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:10 AM

I'm bored and these sounded cool in my crazy little noggin. :rolleyes:

+ Poring, Poporing, Drops, Marin, etc. pillows (I want a bed of plush blobs.)

+ Job class figures (from what I could tell, they never made all the job classes, but I might be wrong)

+ WoE plastic playset (complete with a castle, Emperium, guardians, and one of each of the 2nd class jobs)

+ Kafra Corp. women figures (for the boys)

+ Cool Corp. men figures (for the girls)

+ Emperium cell phone charger (because that would be so boss)

+ Plushes of in-game dolls (Baphomet doll, Munak doll, Rocker doll, etc.)

+ Jewelry boxes that look like OBB and OPB

+ Trading cards based on in-game cards (so I can card my trashcan with +20% defense from long-range attacks)

+ Custom RO player figures (complete with in-game names on the stand)

+ Posters/wall scrolls (I haven't seen any posters at Anime Expo or manga shops so I assume they're not produced anymore)

+ Computer peripherals (RO themed keyboard, speakers, mouse, tablet, etc. For some reason, I'm imagining speakers in the shape of Emperiums)

+ Poring-shaped antenna balls

+ RO Monopoly (I don't even...)

+ War of Emperium war strategy board game (because WoE is serious business)

+ Chaos, Loki, Iris, Fenris, and Lydia figures (Ragnarok manhwa needs some love, too)

Thoughts? Ideas? I'm crazy?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 01 August 2010 - 04:13 PM.

#2 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

I'd buy a selection of real life Drroping Hats. Especially the Shadow of Morroc one.

+ Trading cards based on in-game cards (so I can card my trashcan with +20% defense from long-range attacks)

I can see it now. "I'LL MAKE MY TRASH CAN STRONGER BY THROWING AWAY A CARD!"

#3 ganLOL

ganLOL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Locationkafra lady's house. >.>

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:26 AM

kafra 'figures' /slur

#4 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

Some of those sound insanely expensive to manufacture. XD Of course, I'd still love a custom figure or something as a wishlist item.

Just in case they're ever looking for merch ideas for iRO though, I might as well add some wishlist items as well.

I would love a nice RO artbook. >_>
A huge world map poster would be fun.
IRL versions of cute hats/gear would be fun also.

And finally, two crazy words: Poring Roomba. (You know you want one.)

Edited by morphine, 01 August 2010 - 03:01 AM.

#5 ganLOL

ganLOL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Locationkafra lady's house. >.>

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:12 AM

now that you mentioned it, i wouldn't mind shopping for RO costumes this halloween.

#6 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

exist:
patterns online for: poring-class pillows
job class figures
Trading cards based on in-game cards
Posters/wall scrolls
Computer peripherals (RO themed mouse)

want:
RO Monopoly (could be made i guess)

#7 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

It would be so sweet if there was a company that made those figures that could customize them with the same head as your characters~ Srrsly all they would need to do would be to mass produce the 54 heads then plop them onto the job's body. D;
I guess that is kind of a lot lol.

#8 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I want a Soul Linker figure please.

#9 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

I want a deveruchi beanie, I need to buy one.

#10 Katreyn

Katreyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

It would be so sweet if there was a company that made those figures that could customize them with the same head as your characters~ Srrsly all they would need to do would be to mass produce the 54 heads then plop them onto the job's body. D;
I guess that is kind of a lot lol.

This would be cute. And not too bad, I guess the biggest issue would be the question if they should provide headgears or not (which would obviously make it more complex.).

I've always wanted more Poring plushies, etc. Oh, and cell phone accessories. :rolleyes: Theres quite a bit of RO merchandise that exists that we have a lot of trouble getting our hands on.

Edited by Katreyn, 01 August 2010 - 08:47 AM.

#11 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

This would be cute. And not too bad, I guess the biggest issue would be the question if they should provide headgears or not (which would obviously make it more complex.).

I've always wanted more Poring plushies, etc. Oh, and cell phone accessories. :rolleyes: Theres quite a bit of RO merchandise that exists that we have a lot of trouble getting our hands on.

Yes. The Poring mugs+warmers come to mind for me (mine cost about $30 ): )
So much of it is Japanese-only.

#12 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

Poring Mochis pls. :rolleyes:

#13 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:55 AM

I would love a nice RO artbook. >_>
A huge world map poster would be fun.
IRL versions of cute hats/gear would be fun also.

I hear they did have artbooks at one point. One of my ex-boyfriends gave one to me as a present, still wrapped in its original plastic. I'd love for a return of these

Yes. The Poring mugs+warmers come to mind for me (mine cost about $30 ): )
So much of it is Japanese-only.

I demand merchandise the next time Gravity has a booth at AX. Or at least have an online store connected to WarpPortal.

Holy crap, how cool would it be if they sold RO merch in the Kafra Shop? :rolleyes: I know where all my points will be going to.

#14 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

RO Monopoly game, instead of building houses, you build barricades, and whenever the opponent encounters your barricade, they must spend lots of money if they want to get past it.

#15 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

I hear they did have artbooks at one point. One of my ex-boyfriends gave one to me as a present, still wrapped in its original plastic. I'd love for a return of these

I demand merchandise the next time Gravity has a booth at AX. Or at least have an online store connected to WarpPortal.

Holy crap, how cool would it be if they sold RO merch in the Kafra Shop? :rolleyes: I know where all my points will be going to.

I would honestly collect the HELL out of Poring merch if there was more/it was easier to obtain (I have 3 little clearish figures, that plush, and the mug so far ): )

#16 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

I've never understood why we don't have an official RO card game. A lot of the in-game card art would work just fine on actual cards, so that lowers development costs. Card games may not be as huge in the US as they are in Japan and Korea... but they're still pretty popular - I went to an MTG tournament last year with over 400 participants - and it was a tournie for the less popular of the 2 formats (sealed). In addition to being an extra money source for Gravity, it's also a great form of advertising - "so, what's the Ragnarok thing this card game is a spinoff of anyway?"

Poring pillows would be awesome.

Also, I still love my poring piggy bank I won in a raffle forever ago. Something about a poring doubling as a piggy bank is awesome on multiple levels. They should bring those back, because other than to the handful of players they randomly selected in that event, I don't think they've ever offered those directly.

#17 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

I've never understood why we don't have an official RO card game. A lot of the in-game card art would work just fine on actual cards, so that lowers development costs. Card games may not be as huge in the US as they are in Japan and Korea... but they're still pretty popular - I went to an MTG tournament last year with over 400 participants - and it was a tournie for the less popular of the 2 formats (sealed). In addition to being an extra money source for Gravity, it's also a great form of advertising - "so, what's the Ragnarok thing this card game is a spinoff of anyway?"

Poring pillows would be awesome.

Also, I still love my poring piggy bank I won in a raffle forever ago. Something about a poring doubling as a piggy bank is awesome on multiple levels. They should bring those back, because other than to the handful of players they randomly selected in that event, I don't think they've ever offered those directly.

Maplestory has a card game. idk if anyone plays it, but it's advertising!

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

And finally, two crazy words: Poring Roomba. (You know you want one.)

I had to look up Roombas because I'm oblivious like that. That actually makes perfect sense, considering Porings are the ultimate vacuum cleaner (with dogs a close second).

RO Monopoly game, instead of building houses, you build barricades, and whenever the opponent encounters your barricade, they must spend lots of money if they want to get past it.

I think WoE elements would be much better suited for a war strategy board game. Call it War of Emperium, buy the box, paint the figures, and let the nerdiness take over.

If they ever do release real-life replicas of in-game cards, I imagine they'd be as popular as the Cardcaptor Sakura cards. Which is not very. :rolleyes:

#19 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

I had to look up Roombas because I'm oblivious like that. That actually makes perfect sense, considering Porings are the ultimate vacuum cleaner (with dogs a close second).

I think WoE elements would be much better suited for a war strategy board game. Call it War of Emperium, buy the box, paint the figures, and let the nerdiness take over.

If they ever do release real-life replicas of in-game cards, I imagine they'd be as popular as the Cardcaptor Sakura cards. Which is not very. :rolleyes:

Those Clow Cards are balls rare now (at least the Japanese ones are) and fetch a good amount of money (iirc).

A full set replica for RO would be huge. and then outdated pretty soon.

#20 NeoSaro

NeoSaro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationRO Ymir ex-Chaos

Posted 01 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

Well about the cards... I think I'm done here xd

Posted Image

#21 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Those Clow Cards are balls rare now (at least the Japanese ones are) and fetch a good amount of money (iirc).

A full set replica for RO would be huge. and then outdated pretty soon.

Are they really? My friend gave me a set of those cards ages ago. I've never seen/read anything Card Captor so they're just sitting in their case on my bookshelf. /swt

#22 NothingRLY

NothingRLY

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

crazy, next topic.

#23 Ciel

Ciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts