RO Merchandise I'd Want to Buy - Page 4 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RO Merchandise I'd Want to Buy

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#76 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

Gravity does NOT need to have licensing to re-sell stuff. The rule of first sale doctrine comes into play here. Basically that means that once Gravity purchases these items they are free to sell them to anyone else they wish ( so long as it does not violate import / export laws by importing / exporting to embargoed countries ).

As a side note if the had a Alchemist / Biochemist zippo :rolleyes: I would so buy it. That wizard one is pretty damn cool but I don't really play that class :(

So... Can I hope that Grav will go and import those Nendoroid Arch Bishop for sell within the US (thus saving me some EMS fee)!?

#77 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

So... Can I hope that Grav will go and import those Nendoroid Arch Bishop for sell within the US (thus saving me some EMS fee)!?

Why not use Airmail? Sure it takes longer but it's a lot cheaper.

I don't use EMS unless I'm spending at least a few hundred dollars... The one side to airmail is that you can't really insure it, and that's the one big plus to EMS.

#78 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:30 PM

Why not use Airmail? Sure it takes longer but it's a lot cheaper.

Most figure sites do either EMS or SAL. (Or at least, the ones that's based in Japan that will get their stock on release date and send them out on the same day.) Airmail is never an option for them.

SAL literally takes 2 months.

Edited by Miyuki, 03 August 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#79 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

Most figure sites do either EMS or SAL. (Or at least, the ones that's based in Japan that will get their stock on release date and send them out on the same day.) Airmail is never an option for them.

SAL literally takes 2 months.

Or never.

Where do you buy the figures from? Yahoo!Japan or a retail site?

#80 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

SAL (economy airmail) takes about three to five weeks. Not two months.. If it's taking longer, the place you're ordering from is neglecting to promptly ship.

I've had anything from animation cels to collectible figures shipped this way and never had any issues. Also used to buy art supplies like this before places like Blick started carrying them. But eh... If you like essentially doubling the price of an order to use EMS that's cool. To each their own.

The only things I've ever really bothered to get EMS'd are ball jointed dolls, expensive animation cels, anything that would come in an over sized package...

#81 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

A lot of places don't like to ship SAL. Airmail or EMS are the big ones.

#82 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Location@ work. always.

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

Makks poring cake was the best. Makes me wanna make one.

I can make one...

...for a price :rolleyes:

Oh, and I tried to make an Emp Cake, it didn't work out so well. Oh, and I'm charging my camera batteries right now, hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a video of Roomba-ring vs. my corgi <.<

#83 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

Oh, and I tried to make an Emp Cake, it didn't work out so well. Oh, and I'm charging my camera batteries right now, hopefully by tomorrow I'll have a video of Roomba-ring vs. my corgi <.<

Makk, you are my hero. :rolleyes:

#84 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:38 PM

Makk, you are my hero. :(

Save the praises, the dog only was mildly amused by the thing. :rolleyes: I really kinda wish she would have freaked out and tackled the thing like she did with a tumbleweed once. Video being cleaned up at the moment

#85 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

Save the praises, the dog only was mildly amused by the thing. :rolleyes: I really kinda wish she would have freaked out and tackled the thing like she did with a tumbleweed once. Video being cleaned up at the moment

Should've had it try to suck up one of her favorite treats or something. Then she'd feel how all of us feel when we lose a good item to a Poring. XD

#86 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Now that I figured out how to embed a video here (never had to do it before oddly^^:rolleyes:

Man, I need a better camera. I might see about making a roomba slip cover so it sits on it better <.<

Edited by Makk, 03 August 2010 - 09:44 PM.

#87 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

Now that I figured out how to embed a video here (never had to do it before oddly^^:rolleyes:

Aww, the poor thing was so hungry, it kept crashing into the walls and stuff. XD You should've fed it some broken chips or something.

#88 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

I always imagined Poring running into stuff like that.

#89 Makk

Makk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:46 PM

Aww, the poor thing was so hungry, it kept crashing into the walls and stuff. XD You should've fed it some broken chips or something.

The dog would have eaten it first.^^;

#90 Tiggy2232

Tiggy2232

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

Too many pages to read this early. :rolleyes: I demand pillows and plushies NAO!!!!!!

OOOH better yet a poring DS charger that looks like the poring is eating your DS.

I used to have a Pokeball charger my dad made me for my SP.

Edited by Tiggy2232, 04 August 2010 - 01:43 AM.

#91 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

Somehow, Roombaring seems depressingly hungry... o_o Blindly crashing into everything, craving attention and desperately begging for food... This is surely cruelty.

Is this my fault? D: Am I a bad person?

#92 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Makk, that video was great. I'm going to have to make something like that now. xD

As for merchandise.

Yes please.

#93 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

As for merchandise.

Yes please.

Just for you, Ramen. (Someone posted this up earlier in the thread.)

Posted Image

#94 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

Or never.

Where do you buy the figures from? Yahoo!Japan or a retail site?

Hobby Search, AmiAmi, or HLJ normally for anything that CAN be pre-ordered.

SAL (economy airmail) takes about three to five weeks. Not two months.. If it's taking longer, the place you're ordering from is neglecting to promptly ship.

I've had anything from animation cels to collectible figures shipped this way and never had any issues. Also used to buy art supplies like this before places like Blick started carrying them. But eh... If you like essentially doubling the price of an order to use EMS that's cool. To each their own.

The only things I've ever really bothered to get EMS'd are ball jointed dolls, expensive animation cels, anything that would come in an over sized package...

It depends on where it's shipped from and where the destination is, really. =\ My mom always SAL stuffs back here after she visits China and those take forever.

I EMS depending on how much I want the stuff. If it's something I don't exactly need them right away, they'll go SAL. If I absolutely want them right away (most games), they go EMS. Then there are also sites that'd only do EMS (HMV, why are you so evil) or second day shipping of expensiveness (read: Amazon JP), so if you want anything from those sites, you're kinda doomed to pay expensive shipping.

---

Got bored and went off to browse jRO's site. That Ramen strap is actually an on-going collaboration ending in about 3 days.

ã?©ã?°ã??ã?­ã?¯ã?ªã?³ã?©ã?¤ã?³Ã?天ä¸?ä¸?å?

If you know someone in Japan and want to try to get the strap, ask them to go eat in that ramen shop~

#95 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hobby Search, AmiAmi, or HLJ normally for anything that CAN be pre-ordered.

It depends on where it's shipped from and where the destination is, really. =\ My mom always SAL stuffs back here after she visits China and those take forever.

I EMS depending on how much I want the stuff. If it's something I don't exactly need them right away, they'll go SAL. If I absolutely want them right away (most games), they go EMS. Then there are also sites that'd only do EMS (HMV, why are you so evil) or second day shipping of expensiveness (read: Amazon JP), so if you want anything from those sites, you're kinda doomed to pay expensive shipping.

---

Got bored and went off to browse jRO's site. That Ramen strap is actually an on-going collaboration ending in about 3 days.

ã?©ã?°ã??ã?­ã?¯ã?ªã?³ã?©ã?¤ã?³Ã?天ä¸?ä¸?å?

If you know someone in Japan and want to try to get the strap, ask them to go eat in that ramen shop~

Retail sites sound much cheaper than a Deputy service.

It's kind of awesome they're still promoting RO places. (I guess it's tons more popular in Japan though)

#96 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

Those are some of my RO gadgets. Most of them are from jRO (that I got while I was in Japan) while the Sage and Sader figures (in the background of the first image) are from kRO.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I and my wife also made various custom RO items.

#97 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Gosh darn it, Gravity! What do you need to open a merchandise site here??? :D I'd be willing to contribute it it meant I could at least get a figure of my characters.

#98 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

If you saw anything in my posts and would like to know where I found it, I usually save my links. I have most of what's been posted herein, but I obviously missed out on some cute jRO stuff in my travels!

#99 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

Those detailed figures are gorgeous! Do want...

#100 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

If I ever have kids, I will get them a goblin plushie instead of a teddy bear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users