[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE - Page 42 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1165 replies to this topic

#1026 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

I have to stop reading any posts that aren't contributing suggestion and ideas how to make WOE more enjoyable for everyone. The Guild Cap and alliance cap thing doesn't just benefit 'our side', but the server itself as a whole and many smaller guilds. As mentioned in one of my post that got buried. 

While not doing anything is letting the current 'dominating guild' run rampant and steam roll every other guilds, and brag about how organized and skillful they are when they are severely outnumbering every other guilds in the first place.

Chakri, you criticize the suggestions posted and favored by many, but you still fail to bring up any alternative solution to the situation. Aside from disable gods and mvps and asking the others to 'rise up'. Even without gods and mvps, the severe outnumbering is still making WOE very lop sided.

#1027 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:18 AM

Actually by reading his comment, I am more than sure that Animosity is more than ready to deal with the Guild alliance cap and Guild number cap. Just like he said, one or two parties of Animosity are scary enough to make new player b.wing and that is nothing we can do. This is beyond GM's control.

So even the guild cap is implemented, yes NAPs will always be there :p_angel:

False. When smokies or LR or arctic gvg with approximately equal numbers of animosity members (during castle scouting or so), it's pretty even. When we get wiped, we come back again and attack cause you know, that's all the members we had. When we wiped that ~2 parties of animosity, the whole guild comes steamrolling with twice their numbers. Intentional or not, logically people will come when they heard their guildmates on vent/TS having fun, just ask them "which castle are you guys in?" (normal question on ts right?) and everyone knows what happens next. but they don't realise that they killed the fun ;). now i hope this explains why the guild cap needs to be decreased. 

aaaand, since my post got deleted, would just like to remind people that animosity is 2 guilds, so the current woe alliance vs alliance scene is 4v3 ;)

Edited by celestience, 11 November 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#1028 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:19 AM

An alliance of 4 guilds on a server of 10 established ones is horrific. Why would anyone want to consider woeing on a server like that? When the 4 guild alliance contains the majority of WoE population that also doesn't make things appealing. Sure we can have another 4 guilds ally up and fight the other alliance but that doesn't improve the declining appeal of woe. If anything it actually makes the appeal drop significantly faster.  If player mentality won't change then the game mechanics should in order to keep WoE playable.

Is anyone actually happy with the way WoE is right now? Doubtful.

#1029 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

Chakri, you criticize the suggestions posted and favored by many, but you still fail to bring up any alternative solution to the situation. Aside from disable gods and mvps and asking the others to 'rise up'. Even without gods and mvps, the severe outnumbering is still making WOE very lop sided.

Why dont you ask new players what really drives them out from WoE? From what Ive read until now, two reasonas, mvps/gods and mega alliance.

Now we can impose alliance cap but NAPs will alway be there. I also know that Animosity wins not because of their sheer numbers. Ive been fighintg with them and fighting with them is a good pleasure because I have to be brutally honest here, aside gods and mvps, they are good players with powerful coordinaton levels. So guild cap will help only small degree because due to their superb organizations, it wont affect them much.

Now if we disable mvps and gods, how will it benefit new players? Clearly they will join WoE because they wont feel unfair anymore and to win or lose, the organizations play the important role. This will motivate them to work hard in organizations.

Not that I dont bring out a solution but some veterans are too sour to abandon their gods and mvps. It is funny that some people claim to want competitive fun WoE and yet they disagree to let go their OP gears or I should say the tools to gove them advantages.

Mind you, dont say that disbaling mvps ad gods wont fix because i will. kRO has done it and I am sure, I dont have to play in kRO, that WoE there is much healhier than iRO that is dying.

#1030 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

Agree with 36 noobs have a better chance of winning but that is why I said, if the 36 pros are having a hard time, then they will bring more people from NAPs guilds.

This is sad but there is nothing GMs can do about NAPs. Its outside their controllable factor.

and do what exactly? Crossfire while they push? lol if there are no alliances the defending "noobs" have the flag in advantage 

#1031 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

I love where this thread is going No where!

I want people to step up to the challenge

Did I get that wrong? All idea benifit small guilds only!

You know it's funny someone told me this yest and kind of true

Everyone wants to make a certain alliance do what they want, but they don't want to listen or do what they want either.

It is that idea is why this thread is going no where!

Edited by Inubashiri, 11 November 2014 - 12:20 PM.
leave the callouts to private messages

#1032 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

I want people to step up to the challenge

Did I get that wrong? All idea benifit small guilds only!

You know it's funny someone told me this yest and kind of true

Everyone wants to make a certain alliance do what they want, but they don't want to listen or do what they want either.

Well, considering small guilds is where it starts out. If the woe population EVER gets healthy again then maybe these caps can be lifted but I don't see that happening anywhere in the near future without some sort of change.

Edited by Inubashiri, 11 November 2014 - 12:21 PM.
remove content I edited in quote

#1033 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

Why not just make 1 big woe fight one day and have the GM's Over see this fight. Animosity full guild no alliance just one animosity guild VS another Full Guild. I hear all this back and forth about how this should be this way and that should be that way but nothing is being tested and nothing is happening. I also don't want to hear people say omg it happens before but so and so happens and blah. This will be monitored by the GM's For 1 full WoE and see how the fight truly is. Animosity only VS another guild only 1v1 both guilds DE-ally for one woe. And it will be decided by that if so and so wins then this happens. and vice versa. 41 bloody pages of he say she say. Just bring it to woe 1v1 no ally at all recorded as well and see what happens.

Wrong what I want is a real competitive WoE and m suggested solution will do the trick. There are many evidences to support my point, will it be USRC, RWC, and even WoE TE. They all support my point.

My point doesnt favour small guilds or big guilds, my point is aimed towards restoring WoE balances.

RWC an stuff like it are played without gods and mvps, you're so smart. The biggest thing though, is that they are played with equal numbers.

Edited by Inubashiri, 11 November 2014 - 12:17 PM.
no profanity please.

#1034 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

Why dont you ask new players what really drives them out from WoE? From what Ive read until now, two reasonas, mvps/gods and mega alliance.

Precisely. And I did asked. As far as MVP/ Gods goes, I already explain it on my other post why reduced guild cap will help in that regard.

Edit: Adding, the reduced guild cap again, doesn't just benefit small guilds. But the server itself that cannot handle the lag. And improve the experience in ACTUALLY being able to fight.

Edited by Inubashiri, 11 November 2014 - 12:22 PM.
Removed call out

#1035 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

RWC an stuff like it are played without gods and mvps, you're so smart. The biggest thing though, is that they are played with equal numbers. OH -_-.

The equal number ... It is not Animosity's alliance problem that the opposite alliance doesnt want to group up.

Animosity makes a chioce
Other guilds make a chice
Everything is fair.

The outcome is current WoE. No one is stopping the losing allince to ally but they choose not to ally. Who to blame? No one to blame because eveyone makes their chioce based on sefl-interest. They can also recruit new memeber from existing guilds because apparently there are no new players anymore because they are all scared of getting one shotted. Thanks to massive amouth of mvps and gods big guilds have with them.

Before you go about the lag, lag affers both sides. If Animosity enjoys the lag but you dont, you can b.wing and let WoE die because apparenrly Animosity wont break down. For me personally, I enjoy the lags if I can see 100+ players on my screen. It makes me feel excited and makes me remember old days RO.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 11 November 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#1036 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

Goes both ways isn't it?

#1037 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

The reason why the other alliances don't want to ally up has been discussed to death, it's like asking the dominating alliance to deally and they will not do it. So telling players to do what they don't want to will not work. But game's broken and server is heading towards Ymir 2.0. What else do you propose?

Can you go read all 42 pages again and come back and bring something new to discuss on the table?

Edited by Inubashiri, 11 November 2014 - 12:23 PM.
Removed call out

#1038 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

Chakri, The reason why the other alliances don't want to ally up has been discussed to death, it's like asking the dominating alliance to deally and they will not do it. So telling players to do what they don't want to will not work. But game's broken and server is heading towards Ymir 2.0. What else do you propose?

Can you go read all 42 pages again and come back and bring something new to discuss on the table?

So you are forcing them to do what they dont want.

They want you to ally but you dont want, so what makes you right to tell them to break down their alliance?

You tell me this first or am I missing something?

Im starting to kind of agreeing with Mila, Gayseo and other couple Animo that Ive talked to duig WoE that its the mindset that driving the game to deadth.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 11 November 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#1039 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Uh, I didn't ask them to de-ally? We are asking for a more balanced game mechanic?

They can still stay allied if they want despite the guild cap. 

Add: It is the zerg rush mentality is what is killing the game. If our mentality of not wanting to be part of a laggy zerg fest is what is killing the game, then you are contradicting yourself when you asked new people why they didn't want to participate in WOE when you say their answer is the mega alliance zerg rush.

Edited by WarlockFier, 11 November 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#1040 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:12 PM

So you are forcing them to do what they dont want.

They want you to ally but you dont want, so what makes you right to tell them to break down their alliance?

You tell me this first or am I missing something?

One choice has a negative impact on the health of the server. The other encourages more guilds to join the scene.

#1041 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

Chakri, The reason why the other alliances don't want to ally up has been discussed to death, it's like asking the dominating alliance to deally and they will not do it. So telling players to do what they don't want to will not work. But game's broken and server is heading towards Ymir 2.0. What else do you propose?

Their is nothing new to discuss that is why everyone is on repeat

#1042 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

One choice has a negative impact on the health of the server. The other encourages more guilds to join the scene.

And the choice is none of ours to make so let's all stop arguing about it

If someone want to have them de ally pm animosity leaders and tell them to not people who don't have a choice in the matter

#1043 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

Well Oda already answered that disabling alliances is do-able, just a matter of time till it's put into effect. ^_____^

#1044 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:28 PM

Well Oda already answered that disabling alliances is do-able, just a matter of time till it's put into effect. ^_____^

Sounds good time for thread to move on

#1045 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

I just want to point out in the past, community have complained about [mechanics]. (one) side stopped using [alted] mechanics, the other side didn't. 

Whats to say that this will actually help situations? I'm a proponent of decreasing guild size, limiting allies, but i doubt that will change the woe situation.

Here is what i predict: You're gonna have guild #3 precasting the flag in point, or other chokes unallied to 1+2, while they rush guild 4 + 4.5, or even guild 5 and 6.

guild 4+ 4.5 deems that as a 3v1, even though you can't have more than 1? more ally? will call upon guild 5 or 6 to do the same thing to guilds 1,2, and 3 

Then a month later, there will be another thread just like this one. 

#1046 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

I'm going to go with my preempted "I told you so" if they do disable alliances after it just puts the biggest, most organized alliance at an even bigger advantage.

#1047 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:32 PM

Sounds good time for thread to move on

you can feel free to move on if you have nothing productive left to post, just saying

Edited by Alaska, 11 November 2014 - 12:34 PM.

#1048 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

I just want to point out in the past, community have complained about [mechanics]. (one) side stopped using [alted] mechanics, the other side didn't. 

Whats to say that this will actually help situations? I'm a proponent of decreasing guild size, limiting allies, but i doubt that will change the woe situation.

Here is what i predict: You're gonna have guild #3 precasting the flag in point, or other chokes unallied to 1+2, while they rush guild 4 + 4.5, or even guild 5 and 6.

guild 4+ 4.5 deems that as a 3v1, even though you can't have more than 1? more ally? will call upon guild 5 or 6 to do the same thing to guilds 1,2, and 3 

Then a month later, there will be another thread just like this one. 

So basically, the exact same thing you guys do right now, at the door of our castles, only with limited Alliances, you guys would also die coming back in?  Sounds beneficial to me.

#1049 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:44 PM

The only difference is, we'd probably plan around that, while you guys make threads to complain

Even with all the planning in the world it's not always going to go as planned and that's the fun part.

#1050 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

They do put a ton of work into planning everything. However, to me it's been a big waste for a long time, because of the numbers. I would have still been WoEing with Animosity, if victories had been entirely because of skill/strategy/etc, and not numbers.

Edited by Inubashiri, 11 November 2014 - 01:01 PM.
removing quote that was removed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users