ET and general attitude towards players - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ET and general attitude towards players

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#51 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

i seriously doubt that those customization's have anything to do the the speed of which we receive new content

The CMs said that the reason updates come slow is because kRO has to test them to work with iRO customizations. If we didn't have customizations, all we'd have to do is translate the content instead of waiting for kRO to test them since we'd have the same settings as kRO.

#52 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

The CMs said that the reason updates come slow is because kRO has to test them to work with iRO customizations. If we didn't have customizations, all we'd have to do is translate the content instead of waiting for kRO to test them since we'd have the same settings as kRO.

^

#53 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

I would MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather we were only 1 or so years behind kRO's updates than 4 years behind and with EZ buttons for leveling like Gramps. kRO's content gives you more to do and makes leveling easier (be it increased exp tables or new equipments like bow of storms).

#54 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

And they Google Translated it anyways so it should be super fast.

#55 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

Then go apply and do it better by all means, send resume to careers@warpportal.com

Not in my job description, I do hard science and not business. That should give you a tad bit of insight into how bad of a job they are doing, when a scientist can point out business failures it means they are blatantly obvious. 

Now if they needed lava / lahar  flow mapping that would be a different story...

#56 JimmL

JimmL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:48 PM

By read all above, may i can conclusion that now, we can farm GTB 3 time by re-entering it with ashes(cause it send us to first floor)?

Anybody have try?

#57 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:54 PM

oh yeah lets remove gtb cards, soooo easy to say cause you didnt had to camp the mvp for 5 months!

#58 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

By read all above, may i can conclusion that now, we can farm GTB 3 time by re-entering it with ashes(cause it send us to first floor)?

Anybody have try?

It has a usage cool down of 4 hours which is the amount of time given to finish your ET run.

Like or not,try your best to get disconnected from the instance only for ONE TIME.

#59 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

if that is the case, then what makes this any different from a pserver?

#60 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:46 PM

Are you really saying pservers don't have customizations?

#61 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

Legality?

#62 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

Pserver customisations/original content and the server architecture itself (a/e/r/h but not aegis core) are 100% legal. It's the client, as in "the rest of the game" which players must use in order to access it, that's illegal :P

With the amount of custom stuff we have here, especially on Classic, iRO is pretty much a sanctioned pserver anyway. I'd be happy to drop all our customisations and adopt vanilla kRO if it got us updated quicker.

#63 Rusti

Rusti

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

Pserver customisations/original content and the server architecture itself (a/e/r/h but not aegis core) are 100% legal. It's the client, as in "the rest of the game" which players must use in order to access it, that's illegal :P

With the amount of custom stuff we have here, especially on Classic, iRO is pretty much a sanctioned pserver anyway. I'd be happy to drop all our customisations and adopt vanilla kRO if it got us updated quicker.

this actually sounds like a really good idea. has it been considered at all?

#64 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:33 PM

this actually sounds like a really good idea. has it been considered at all?

It's discussed on the forums every other month. Never had any CM input though.

#65 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:34 PM

I dont like this ET. Personally, I remember this ET from some time ago and got used to it quick when it was "re-enabled". But some of the newer people that join this version of ET hate the walking. ALOT The whole running outta supplies thing and walking back...ugh.   Time to designate a pack mule.. 

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:39 PM

Just make a separate Renewal server with kRO settings so those of us impatient for updates can play on there while the people on the iRO customized server can enjoy their customizations and get updates later.

#67 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:50 PM

They can't use emulators because they'd likely lose their contract. Also those emulators use more ram in multi map mode than aegis and since gravity buys very cheap machines/hosts that's probably out of the question for them. But then again based on how little kro cares maybe they could get away with it on classic but renewal prob not I'm afraid =(. Or they could do convince/buy the source for aegis off their parent company which is a low chance.

Dropping all the custom stuff would be nice it would give me a reason to play iro renewal instead of fro maybe if we got a host change as well.

Edited by needmorezleep, 01 November 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#68 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

There is also the trademark content being used as well to be considered, hell even the title itself.

Also customization have to go thru HQ, but they have the right to not support it if you change it.  This part I'm very familiar with because some of the stuff Section 9 does we have to support ourselves, kRO basically said, you can do this but no support for it.

#69 crustman

crustman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

i think the damage is been done.

I know some people who does ET & top lv ET abuse. These people actually only need 3 people to complete ET and they clean lv 100 & 101 in 10-15 mnts.

I was in that party for a few times, but i just cant continue cuz i dont have the stamina to do it over and over again lol...

so now u can count how many swords and oca are on the floor and storage?

in addition these people have multiples chars so.............

#70 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:09 PM

Further private server discussion will not be tolerated. Please stay in topic.

#71 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Let me get this right...

A lot of you have mentioned you know people who have done the exploiting, but my question is did you report them?  Turning a blind eye to it is part of the problem since it allows the problem to go unchecked since the GMs cant pick out every exploiter.  Also, yes, I have reported friends for continuing in these things after informing them what they were doing is against the rules.

#72 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:57 PM

Let me get this right...

A lot of you have mentioned you know people who have done the exploiting, but my question is did you report them?  Turning a blind eye to it is part of the problem since it allows the problem to go unchecked since the GMs cant pick out every exploiter.  Also, yes, I have reported friends for continuing in these things after informing them what they were doing is against the rules.

A lot of issues in online communities stem from members of those communities not doing these things. They put all the burden on the moderators as if it's their job to police the community 24/7, even though that's not how things work. It's the job of a community's members to report on issues they notice to the people in charge; otherwise, well, you get what we have now.

#73 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:02 AM

Let me get this right...

It's not a big deal to me. It's not like they killed someone in real life or gave a bomb threat.

It's their decision to expose the flaws in this game, and like most games you've probably played, you exploit that weakness in it (Fire Emblem boss tanking for example). It continues to show how the change in ET didn't really do anything.

Also, are you going to ban people who didn't even know this was illegal? It's a tough thing to distinguish without using much time. There's a simple solution and it's up to the GMs to make a good decision on how to deal with the problem WITHOUT upsetting the fair players.

#74 Ruey

Ruey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIn the space between time & existence
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:04 AM

I thought that it was weird that I had to walk all the floors of endless tower over and over.  I for one play with just a few people in the game to accomplish what we can.  As for ET it was a real drag to walk up the flight of stairs over and over at least 40 floors 3 or 4 times. Because we'd get wipe by accidentl or lag and I used up all my tokens of seigfried.  It is a giant waste of time to walk the same map over and over.  And here I thought that they implemented someone good by letting us start from whatever +/- 5 floors we reached.  But I guess all good things come to an end, i don't know how people were abusing the bugs, but it's really too bad legit players like us have to suffer for it.  I have nothing against the GMs or any hate towards anyone, I am just voicing my own opinion that it is really boring walking up 40-50 flight of stairs over and over; you'd probably fall asleep by the time you get there.

#75 wodrew

wodrew

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

Above comment I came this to mind. 

I want THE dust rule to be removed at least we can enjoy endless tower even we dced 100x / Bwinged. Cause Endless tower is different than old glast heim that 24h cooldown even u dced on the instance then u just give up sadly and continue next for tomorrow. ET dced and cant re-enter is major mess up due to one week count down.

Making a party to do ENDLESS is not easy we have to plan in guild website and discuss the timing/class required to carry out the event and even moved the date to further due to someone busy/offline on that day. One thing like facekiller said can i dont trust random player in game not because i dont have friend I found but they just offline/quit. Once ur item is scammed inside ET >>>>IS OUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY <<<< That words just want me use knife stab myself.

Thanks to some1 mentioned player using next character/ multi accounts and consume HE bubble gum 200% to do ET in a week, that's y MVP card can be gained easyly more than 0.01%++, of course no need mention GOD item with MVP card.

I'm 100% sure MVP armor/weapon is completely useless nowdays , why? Banshee the most famous with orlean's so nothing can replace other than vkr amor ( completely useless for genetic) . Introduced of RWC box replaced ror/rofl ( they useful in afking homun only and sura tank) FAW and Heroic backpack the most famous armor replaced every single garment in game. Thanks to discover of temporal boot and it enchant goodbye variant boot ur dmg boost useless even with firelock soldier card.

I want to tell the truth why player can survive in difficult room in ET. Thanks to forum guide sura and genetic do their job to perform max tanking and dmged to ifrit floor<--- this floor 85  is actually make player quit ET if they cant keep re-enter ET, no GTB  ,TAO, Alice, all sort of fire resist. Next is floor 90, VKR<--- sura is useless if they dont worn GTB being dispell means u cant tank but RG/RK take their job to tank<---sad spamming ygg seed/white conds/etc. Lastly Floor 95, BZB this is ghost property is taking too long time to kill without mjolnir but thanks!! DR.AZZY ur 100% - cast helps to kill this!!!. Endless Tower is being too easyly done due to spoon feeding guide, more and more update gear, enchanted EXPERT ARCHER<--- these boost gene dmged omg I dont want mention. IF u bring 4 gene in ET u know that ( my imagination) ET.

Changing ET content like in KRO current 2014, I will give up wat i said but if not pls bring it back like wat ET like before. WE ARE INTERNATION RAGNAROK not FULLY KRO , if the dmg is too high to WOE just reduce all class dmg with 50% and not allow the use of GTB end story. But that judgement wont happen I know myself, PLEASE dont ever link WOE/MARKET PRICE DROPPED DUE TO ET. MVP vip summon, bloody branches, sage Hocus-pocus skill and map mvp camp the major compared than the ET.

Is this game only played by those born on 2006? where the introduce of ragnarok come? we go young generation playing this game? in 2014? I even think they will removed ET one day cause dmg cant be fix anyway like bots nowday. Player are lesser, server merged. I'm never tried KRO at all due to their language but I know one day the---> SEALED MVP CARD WILL ARRIVED<--- then wat u do?

In conclusion, ET customized will be rollback to old feature for sure if dust didn't removed it is ok d[U-U]b. But dont ever think player cant hunt MVP card's as long the exist of tokens, we can use eden badge to buy it, no need KP points at all, we got alot acc and character , 5 old purple box even can exchange 1 token. If we dont have tokens it is okay we just spaming until floor 85 we give up for those no god/mvp geared genetic, we still can get bunch MVP card in 365 days atleast 1 Mvp card x unknown amount of acc and genetic.

Sorry about what I have said here, this my 2nd opinion, I dont like complain but ET is fun thing I can do with bunch of guildmate, sibbling, friends and its 4 hours game, other instance just dont attract player at all compare ET. I know tatoo , coagulated spell, Face worm eq/wea, OLD CARD ALBUM, BIO LAB all those instance is just for money hunting, i dont find real fun in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users