November Wanted Poster Event Σ(´д`;) Winners are up! - Page 3 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

November Wanted Poster Event Σ(´д`;) Winners are up!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
207 replies to this topic

#51 ramenkari

ramenkari

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:16 AM

I want make one.

#52 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:42 AM

Go for it!

#53 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

I normally enter these, but I wouldn't mind sitting it out in order to help judge. I'd recommend the judges not look at the thread and the entries be emailed to them anonymously to avoid bias, but that'd be an honor system thing. You could have 3 judges and each give 1-5 points for each entry, then the three points are added up for a total score... or something like that.

Or I could show all the entries to my sister who hasn't played RO in 6 months, lol.

#54 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

Everyone in the community has someone who will think they are being biased :/ On top of that they would have to want to judge!

From what I can see it's either Oda/GMs or no contests without people feeling like it was unfair in some way.

On a side note, is the costume bijo account bound? =o

No one would think I'm biased. I can be fighting with you in one thread and joking around with you in another. Only one troll has ever made my block list. At the same time I love everything I see in these contest and probably wouldn't be able to pick a winner.

#55 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

Currently organizing community judges with strict/clear judging parameters! Stay tuned!

Feel free to edit your guys' entries at any time and resubmit until the due date btw.

So far what I'm clear on is:

Judges will -not- see who has submitted if they submitted to me through surveymonkey during judging. The entries will be revealed afterwards. Winners will be announced the day of the stream.

I am not judging, so feel free to submit anonymously. Only I will see who submitted and Oda will only see your IGN to award prizes. Otherwise, 100% anonymous.

I have 2 judges so far! I can always use more. I believe my entry count is at 12.

Judges will be named once I get a final list.

Edited by Sapphic, 16 November 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#56 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

feels like im at a bit of a disadvantage now since my entry is not anonymous...

#57 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

Sorry :C you can submit another one anonymously, but I hope I picked people who won't judge it based on who you are!

#58 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

What I added to the OP:

Judging

So far, my judges are ZeroTigress, Jaye, and Hoikarnage. Oda will either be overseeing the judging process or will judge himself. I am awaiting his reply. I am also waiting for two other people to reply to see if they want to judge. I am not a judge in any way, shape, or form. I will have no input on any of the entries.

Judging will be done anonymously if you submit through Surveymonkey - they will not see who submitted what until judging is over. If you submit anonymously only I will know who submitted and Oda will receive your IGN if you win. Otherwise, 100% anonymous.

Judges will send their scores to me privately in order to prevent any "well my friend needs x amount of points to win" situations.

Criteria:

There will be 3 judging guidelines that will be followed for entries.

Creativity/Concept [Is it interesting? Does it go outside the box? Was it risky to pick the monster/npc/CM as the poster's subject? How well does it fit RO's lore?]

Appeal [Is the text witty/humorous/clever? Does it grab your attention?]

Technical [Does it follow all the rules? Is it RO related?]

They will be graded from 1-5 by each judge and averaged out. The total points will be added together from all judges to find the winners.

Judging example:

Spoiler

Again, feel free to edit your guys entries since I did change the judging criteria to be more exact.

Edited by Sapphic, 16 November 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#59 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:05 PM

rules should be set in stone BEFORE you open the contest...

#60 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Please feel free to drop out/not participate, but I think 13 days is enough time to edit if you so choose. There is not much difference than if I had opened the contest now since I am open to edits.

#61 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

I think if you're going with selected judges, entries should be completely anonymous for future events, that way you make sure votes are completely fair :no1:

#62 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:31 PM

I am okay with giving a choice to post, because maybe someone doesn't care and really wants to show off and get those +1s!

#63 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

Please feel free to drop out/not participate, but I think 13 days is enough time to edit if you so choose. There is not much difference than if I had opened the contest now since I am open to edits.

at this point its not editing its starting all over from scratch... whatever... its your contest... i

#64 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

Am I able to omit a picture in order to draw attention to the text? I don't feel as though imagery would help my poster at all.

#65 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:47 PM

I believe the picture is not required

#66 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:50 PM

It's rather low effort to make these! I apologize for any inconveniences.

A picture is not required, but please still make it an actual wanted poster. Sometimes you just don't have a pic of the perpetrator!

#67 Saffire

Saffire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

Under technical : Does it follow all the rules? Is it RO related?

"We got a description of the where and why for the criminal and a reward."

What if you don't know or don't include details on where the criminal can be found?

It isn't explicitly stated to be part of technical o.o? So would that be points deducted or no?

Just checking XD

#68 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Ah no, technical is just more for following the rules - the idea is that the where/why/reward just fit the theme that it's a wanted poster. Not required to have where/why, but being on a wanted poster is required. Hope that helps.

Technical is pretty much free points, haha.

#69 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

Mine is a wanted poster with a twist. It's a request for information, but it comes in two forms.

First is the block text requesting information. Any information to the whereabouts of yadayada. This would be distributed to the general population.

Second (pictured) is the exact same scroll, but with an addendum from the Captain of the Royal Guard (and sealed for authenticity with a special Rude-Midgarts wax!), only issued to adventurers by the Prontera Chivalry to avoid inciting panic within the townsfolk. Since the kindgom appears to rely on adventurers and not just randoms from the various cities to do their dirty work, I assumed that there would be two versions of the poster.

I chose the Royal Guards because the current incarnation of that order works for the Gaebolgs, and not King Schmitz. I reckoned that, should King Gaebolg disappear, the Chiv, Saders and RGs would all work together instead of functioning as separate entities like they do normally, and RGs would definitely be the highest office/rank among them.

I based it on Nameless and the Gaebolg Curse quests. I thought "do whatever must be done" was a cute final word, since we all know how the Nameless quest ends~ >.<

Click on the small picture to see the full picture.

---

IGN: Almerta

Server: Chaos

rgxOumI.png

Edited for ink splotches and authenticity and stuff that you're not even marking so why did I even bother.

Here's proof that I made it.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 17 November 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#70 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

Oh interesting, it's like a "missing" poster.

#71 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

Oh interesting, it's like a "missing" poster.

Is that allowed? I guess I bent the rules slightly, but I couldn't think of anything original with just a "wanted monster" topic.

#72 Raphysodymanuchi

Raphysodymanuchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Raphysodymanuchi, 16 November 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#73 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:40 PM

Is that allowed? I guess I bent the rules slightly, but I couldn't think of anything original with just a "wanted monster" topic.

Well it's still a "wanted" poster in that "information" is what is wanted lol! I left the part about who/what is wanted open so it's not breaking any rules. It'll just come down to judging.

#74 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:46 AM

I'm a bit sad this otherwise cool contest is getting avalanched with all the judging criticism, even if the criticism is just. I hope it doesn't discourage you, Sapphic! :no1:

#75 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:45 AM

The good thing is the system will be tested and proofed for the next contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users