Tiki Tuesday Community Spotlight for 11/3 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Community Spotlight for 11/3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

Good Monday and Aloha everyone, I know the last few weeks have been rocky but I look forward to answering your questions this Tuesday during our live show.

Monday Spotlight on popular community created content

Probably the biggest thread this last week was a spirited but mostly civil discussion about Renewal WoE. Big and small guilds gave feedback on the state of our weekly Guild vs Guild event and how they would want to see improvements. The thread is very long, but there are a lot of interesting points being made by players new and old.

For the art of the week, we had lots of amazing art for Halloween, but this striking piece by Equisce combines RO with the festive decorations of Mexico’s Day of the Dead.

Equisce

We have a number of events going on for the forums, like this one that Ralis is running. Complete these devious puzzles to earn prizes! We’ll always have the forum or ingame events sticky’d on our main community board so you’ll definitely be able to find a event/contest that suits you.

If you would like to see the WP staff play games for 24+ hours, we have an archive of our Extra Life Stream being uploaded to our youtube channel! Thanks to CM Buttercup, who has been dividing up the massive archive videos and posting them online!

This is probably the only video on the internet that has a “Jimmy Stewart in the world of Diablo” impression.

#2 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

I asked some questions elsewhere, but never got responce
1. Are we ever going to get accesories created with  3rd class specific headgears by Inubashiri?
To GM's: what was KRo team responce about those?

No response on new gears, I am starting up a headgear/equipment request thread to try to get some additional suggestions from the community to make another push. 

2. Is it possible to make Mora items avaiable for other classes?
Why they are so restricted in the first place? I'd love to use some warlock staffs as sorcerer for instance, since 3.2 classes will probably never get items for their own

It's one of those updates they never really got back around to...
3. Why kRO is so rude, they left iRO behind with updates :sob: 
kRO prepares content for all regional versions of the game, each of which is at different levels of being updated, which unfortunately results in us getting some updates but many updates being forgotten about. 

#3 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

Heya. Just got two questions crawling in my mind at the moment, both of them related to the supposedly upcoming level expansion update. Will edit later if I think of more.

1. I've read somewhere that the update will come to us later this month (I think it was Campitor who mentioned this in one of his past posts, not too sure). Any confirmation/updates about that?

We should be receiving the level 160 cap increase this month for testing. 

2. If it is indeed the next major patch in line, any idea if there'll be other new content bundled with the update as well (new items, instances, etc.), or is it just the level expansion itself?

We do not know what might be bundled with the level cap yet. 

Cheers guys.

Edited by Oda, 04 November 2014 - 01:18 PM.

#4 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

Spotlight is still comodo in game.

Still waiting to hear more updates about TIs since you said ID3 would maybe run a month or 2 after i asked the first time (which is when i asked about maybe doing the bi-monthly TIs instead of 1 for a long ass time) 1 place gets very stale very quickly and the soloists would probably like their maps back.

We'll close out the Ice Dungeon TI in a week so we can start getting other leveling events underway. 

Any more thought to adding a VAS for guild name change? It could have the same set up as the name change just double checking the account would be the guild leader account but im assuming its all done manually (i could be wrong). I'm almost certain a few guild leaders would be interested in this. 

I'll ask for another update about that. 

For Classic server is there like a "5 year plan" for where you aim to be and direction given the lack of content there needs to be more activities/events to make it appealing to future and current players?

We've still been trying to get an update on our request for the ability to add more content to Classic, including adding more dungeons, items and mechanics. We have a plan we are working on to add linked singleplayer quests/events that we'll be sharing up soon. 

The champ vs champ thing could be done but not just for champs or possibly adding more like 2v2, 3v3 etc. Setting these up could be player lead (with GM support) in game like the champ one but hosted my WP and offering prizes and such. I'm not much of a PvPer but i think that would draw in a few more people possibly. PvP has a much larger draw on a server thats end game is mostly PvP based. Doing one or 2 batches of "the best of class" each quarter in select groups so x y z one quarter then a b c another and so on.

Certainly. We can provide the same logistic and promotional support, if we have enough prior notice. 

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

1. Why is the RO Fun-gineer Laboratory still around with restricted access?

http://forums.warppo...eer-laboratory/

Mobile Project Lab and RO Fun-gineer laboratory should be merged, opened to all players, and be a subforum for Proposals and Suggestions. Same with Classic Suggestions and Classic Foundry. Why are these subforums and sub-subforums separate? What makes certain people's suggestions more valid than others? Why the need to hide them so deeply into the forums where few people can see them?

The fungineer laboratory is used for community developed quests and ingame events before they are made live for everyone. For this reason the section is set to be viewed only be people in that group. The Mobile Project Lab and Classic Foundry are public sounding boards for projects that we are working on. 

2. Add WoE:TE to the WoE times thread?

http://forums.warppo...emperium-times/

Yes. Can do. 
3. How much longer do we have to wait to get these updates from 3-4 YEARS ago?

[_] Nightmare Scaraba Dungeon mode added (October 13th, 2010) (Why are we 4 years behind on this???)
[_] The following middle headgear items can now be hidden slot enchanted for bonus stats: Glasses, Sunglasses, Blush, Twin Ribbon, Dark Blinder, Elven Ears, Angel Wing Ears, Devil Wing Ears. (August 24th, 2011) (how come we never got the functionality?)
[_] Creating a Brynhild or Asprika god item will now lower the fort's econ rating by 30 (August 24th, 2011) (This seems rather important for woe balance, did we really not get this?)
[_] Buffed Immune Shield (September 28th, 2011)
[ ! ] Added 30 new cards. (December 21st, 2011) (We are missing 2/3 of them still! WHY?)

We should be receiving the first level cap increase this month for testing, but we've had less progress than we've wanted getting responses to individual missing content. 

4. Implement the Prontera boards?

Prontera
Level 1 - 20 Board
-Hornet
-Roda Frog
-Rocker
-Savage Babe
-Thief Bug Egg
Level 21 - 40 Board
-Thief Bug
-Tarou
-Stainer
-Peco Peco
-Coco
-Yoyo
-Female Thief Bug
-Male Thief Bug
-Poporing
-Elder Willow
Level 41 - 60 Board
-Argos
-Beetle King
-Savage
Level 61 - 80 Board
-Driller
-Hunter Fly
-Mantis
-Sidewinder
-Argiope

And here's the proposed location for them.

6eUPXzD.jpg

We will work on the Prontera BBs for next week. 

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

with the exploit in ET not able to be fixed without kRO's help wouldnt it be better to seal off ET completely for now rather than make it so its still exploitable? from my understanding the same people who were abusing it can still abuse it while those who wernt even able to come close to that level are the ones who suffer most.. all you did was make it impossible for low tier players and less convenient for the exploiters....

#7 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

Please do the following:

1. Add permenant GH warp (at least for VIP)

2. Fix it so the Eden TI level 111- 120 Quests, & any of the others, aren't deleted, even though they are completed, just because you reach level 121, etc...

We don't have as much flexibility when it comes to changing quests put in by kRO. 

3. Add the Transformation Scrolls, +20 Food Stat Boxes, Party Scrolls, etc..., back to Boxter

They will eventually return to the boxter!

4. Make the friends list longer

We are not able to change the length of the ingame friends list without kRO dev support. 

Thanks

Edited by Oda, 04 November 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#8 asperatus

asperatus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:20 PM

Also, if we already mention quality of life changes, would it be possible to change spell fist to prepare like hindsight? I mean, you cast spell and then you pick spell from list

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to change skill mechanics in the game without development support. 

#9 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

oda, please remove 5 people rule to open thanatos tower 3rd floor. thanks

We would likely not be able to make that change on Renewal, but we could change it on Classic. 

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:29 AM

2. Fix it so the Eden TI level 111- 120 Quests, & any of the others, aren't deleted, even though they are completed, just because you reach level 121, etc...

the npc gives you credit if you have them completed, and only deletes them if they're not completed and you are out of the proper level range.  I've done this myself when i stacked a bunch of these quests for turning in at 140+; just made sure that I had them all completed before talking to the npcs.

#11 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:16 AM

Please add Blue Pots to the items that CAN be bought through BUY Shops

This is possible to do. 

#12 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

Add biolab 4th floor to dungeon teleport scroll please <3

It's tough to put in 

Also, any news about getting cute heart wing hairband? http://ragnarok.leve...ng_Hairband.jpg screenshot from pRO

We can look into that. 

Edit; for lucky boxes, could you make it so you get a "Random Mercenary Box" with x10 scrolls inside, instead of separate bowman/spearman/swordsman filling up slots that could be used for mental potions, lucky rice cakes, transformation scrolls or other useful consumables?

We would need to request a box from HQ. But not a bad idea. 

Edited by Oda, 04 November 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#13 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

There's already too much junk being added to boxes. 14 items in this last box, if I counted right, & 15 if you include the Random Hat Box, from the create.

The last Groove Pack even had 11 items.

But yeah the Random Merc Boxes would be a lot better then one of everyone. Just like when you do the Random Safe Cert Box

Edited by Razzez, 04 November 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#14 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

A couple weeks ago, I submitted a ticket regarding the unidentified fish quest after this conversation about it: http://forums.warppo...d-input-please/

Would it be possible to get the reward portion implemented, since you can turn in the fish? I'd like to be able to get the Malangdo hat, even if only temporarily? The effects of it aren't all that good. Thank you.

#15 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

Is the exp event staying through this maint?

Will classic get any ET fixes?

Can we have mid headgears that take on the jobs of slotted carded gears on classic? Such as the +2 int non slot takius or something that gives immunity to sleep?

#16 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

can we get the golden wings qq?

#17 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

Is it possible to increase the exp needed for higher level guild levels to impossible levels to prevent guild levels going past a certain level?

You would just be changing the exp table for guilds in order to limit the guild level you can reach.

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

lol portions of the video muted again due to using copyrighted music...can you guys do remixes instead or something? D:

#19 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

If you missed it here is the unmuted version archived on youtube dot com

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:28 PM

i'd love to see a tiki tues where oda bot checks on one of the often botted maps, like byalan, payon dungeon, spores, petites, and such.

multitasking: answering the questions of the people while helping to make the server a safer place for all.

#21 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:16 AM

Please do the following:

1. Add permenant GH warp (at least for VIP)

We don't have as much flexibility when it comes to changing quests put in by kRO. 

3. Add the Transformation Scrolls, +20 Food Stat Boxes, Party Scrolls, etc..., back to Boxter

They will eventually return to the boxter!

4. Make the friends list longer

We are not able to change the length of the ingame friends list without kRO dev support. 

Thanks

I understand. So can you request kRO to make the changes mentioned?

Also thanks for trying to do something with the blue pot system. I hope this can be sometime soon ;)

Edit: What about a GH warp besides the random Cool Event ones.

Edited by Razzez, 05 November 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#22 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

i missed a question >.< Will geffen GD be getting mob density updated any time soon?

#23 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:25 AM

i'd love to see a tiki tues where oda bot checks on one of the often botted maps, like byalan, payon dungeon, spores, petites, and such.

multitasking: answering the questions of the people while helping to make the server a safer place for all.

One the one hand, I would love to do this. On the other hand, I am not sure if it would be best to be broadcasting the exact techniques on how bots are tested...

E: We are out of the office next Tuesday for Veteran's Day so we'll be broadcasting the show Monday

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:54 PM

i would like to reserve my question for the next tiki in case i forgot.

please make Egir Set tradable. since TLPAD event already ended i guess there's no need to bound them. i see also only few people possess this set since only few people did the fishing. the problem is, i made a new account with new char 2 weeks ago (TLPAD event already ended), and i want my lowbies to use egir set to help clearing overlook water dungeon. so i need the set to be tradable. Thanks

#25 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:45 AM

I'm doing the same with asking 1 of mine again that wasn't answered & another that wasn't actually clarified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users