3 replies to this topic

#1 onealtan

onealtan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

Fellow Sorcs, can someone explain to me the difference of the castspeed of players who play in NA vs Sea because, i have a friend who's casting speed is much lower than mine but that person casts faster than me. No sense right?take note that im using haste emblem and hes using earth. i asked other ppl and they told me that its because of the server? is this true or just bug?

#2 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:06 AM

Castspeed should be the same in NA and SEA. What the stat does is reduce the cast time of skills and you can notice this by mouse-over your skills icon the casting time will take your castspeed stat into consideration.

There's a lot more things that can affect speed in battle: Haste, Ymir, Guardian, Statue buffs, Pump it pills, Food/-_-tails, Guild skills, Memorize, Wind Emblem... the list goes on.

Lag and latency also affects your perception of your castspeed. If your client hangs during casting animation you'll see yourself casting for a longer period of time.

What did you use to compare castspeed between you and your friend? On what basis did you conclude that he casts faster? Did you compare by duelling or by comparing skill descriptions?

Evidence is necessary before we blame it on servers on bugs.

#3 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

Fellow Sorcs, can someone explain to me the difference of the castspeed of players who play in NA vs Sea because, i have a friend who's casting speed is much lower than mine but that person casts faster than me. No sense right?take note that im using haste emblem and hes using earth. i asked other ppl and they told me that its because of the server? is this true or just bug?

You didn't mentioned what cards both of you are using. Requiem Card does have Cast Speed.

#4 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Another potential reason not yet covered is if your levels are different. Cast Speed formula scales with level, the higher level you are, the more you need to get the same %:
Cast Speed(%) = Cast Speed/(0.005*Cast Speed+0.2*Level+10)

That could perhaps explain your statement that "cast speed is much lower than mine but still casts faster". Though the level gap would need to be pretty high to make a significant difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users