2015/2016 New Headgear Proposal Thread - Page 13 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

2015/2016 New Headgear Proposal Thread

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#301 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

Huh, Rarog's suggestions are pretty neat -- tho some of them already have effect-twins in game, but they would add some Slavic style to the game. 

I was tempted to come up with a hat to make single-target bow killing for Stalker/SC characters, but I can't help but feel no one would ever go down that route. 

Perhaps something that would give ranged damage a bit, give double-attack level 1 (or level learned), modify double-strafe damage and sp-cost, and have a chance to autocast triangle shot per refine level. 

Dunno if that'd even matter tho as I can't imagine anyone truly making a single-target killer, but it would be cool to see something akin to an auto-warger from the SC side. 

There already is. Surprised you don't know bout it.

Edit: There's one for Wanderer's too but it's kinda limited to certain elements.

Edited by Joatmon, 21 July 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#302 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

Which would that be? 

#303 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

Special bows. Certain autocasting cards. And lots of agi, dex, and int.

#304 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:19 PM

Yes, that is obviously what I was talking about. Good show. 

#305 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

Put up the salt we're not eating fries.

#306 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

Stop speaking in riddles and start naming specific items

#307 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

I don't know what that means, so I'm going to ignore it. 

Anyway, going back to the topic of the thread, the idea I had was something like this:

Name: Cunning Marksman's Hat

would vaguely look like durgo's hat from dark souls 2 -- a feathered hat with an attached ocular: http://i.imgur.com/Rco8NJI.png

Grants use of level 1 double attack (or higher level learned.)

For every 1 refine, increases ranged attack power by 1% and adds a 1% chance to auto-cast user's learned level of triangle-shot when attacking with a bow type weapon.

If refined to +7 or higher, doubles the damage and sp cost of double-strafe. 

If refined to +9 or higher and base DEX is 120 or more, gives ASPD +1.

Type: Headgear

Spot: top, middle

Slot: 1

Weight: 10

Can be refined.

Class: All classes

edit: fixed image link

Edited by mikayel, 21 July 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#308 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Interesting idea, autocasting triangle shot. Triangle shot is quite strong at lvl 10 though (my chaser does like 14k+ damage) so keep that in mind. As usual I would recommend you make it "all jobs" and not specific to one. Might have to tone down the range damage boost to 7% or so, but otherwise no reason other jobs couldnt wear it.

#309 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

Hrmm... 14k is a bit indeed. I was imagining it to be comparable to warg strike, but I suppose with a highly upgraded catapult or OAB combo it could do quite a bit of damage.

would it be better to auto-cast a lower level of triangle-shot or make it a rarer proc? I want it to go off enough that it's fun to use, in which case maybe keep it as is but it only autocasts level 5? 

You're right about all classes, as at most they'll get a bit of ranged damage, aspd +1, or get DA procs. 

The ranged damage could be made that you get 1% ranged damage per 2 refine, but tbh it's not that much compared to what something like the autumn headband gives (or even just the white wing suit by itself.)

Edited by mikayel, 21 July 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#310 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

Depends on what you're going for. My personal favorite uses a wind bow, CD in mouth, wind ghost card, hopefully an Elvira, and several different cards for the weapon, one being Haiti Bebe. Chasers get the better version because they can learn lvl 10 jupitel. Still working on looking for options for other elements and I need to see if I can't test it on Sakray to make sure it works properly, but I'm pretty confident its possible to have a humongous damage output.

#311 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

Hrmm... 14k is a bit indeed. I was imagining it to be comparable to warg strike, but I suppose with a highly upgraded catapult or OAB combo it could do quite a bit of damage.

would it be better to auto-cast a lower level of triangle-shot or make it a rarer proc? I want it to go off enough that it's fun to use, in which case maybe keep it as is but it only autocasts level 5?

You're right about all classes, as at most they'll get a bit of ranged damage, aspd +1, or get DA procs.

The ranged damage could be made that you get 1% ranged damage per 2 refine, but tbh it's not that much compared to what something like the autumn headband gives (or even just the white wing suit by itself.)

I suggested 7% because at every refine a genetic will +12 it and its suddenly the best acid bomb headgear, etc.

2% activation of "highest level learned" of triangle shot is probably fine even at 193 aspd, even if its over 14k, because you probably won't proc but once every other second.

I would not double the damage of double strafe, that skill is powerful enough to still use as 3rd job (my wanderer can do like 10k with it at times) and it would also obsolete triangle shot, which is only just barely better dps than doublestrafe presently.

Edited by Jaye, 21 July 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#312 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:15 PM

I suggested 7% because at every refine a genetic will +12 it and its suddenly the best acid bomb headgear, etc.

2% activation of "highest level learned" of triangle shot is probably fine even at 193 aspd, even if its over 14k, because you probably won't proc but once every other second.

I would not double the damage of double strafe, that skill is powerful enough to still use as 3rd job (my wanderer can do like 10k with it at times) and it would also obsolete triangle shot, which is only just barely better dps than doublestrafe presently.

As a SC only headgear, it wouldn't be an issue for gens etc. but I suppose opening it to other classes opens its own can of worms. Also, the ranged attack power would only apply when using a bow... but I think I get what you mean. 

Your wanderer uses an elven bow with Archer Skelly card I assume? SC will mostly be stuck using OAB, which is a bit less damage, or catapult I would assume -- which is less damage, but opens up 2 slots for beholder master or whatever. My goal was to make Triangle Shot not be the main 'use' skill, but an auto proc and to keep DS as the one you would spam since it has no cast time. 

Ok, how about this revision: 

Grants use of level 1 double attack (or higher level learned.)

If base DEX is 120 or more, gives ASPD +1.

If refined to +7 or more, increases double strafe's damage by 3% per level of triangle shot learned. 

If refined to +9 or more, increases ranged damage by 5% and adds 5% chance to autocast highest level of triangle-shot learned when using a bow type weapon. 

Edited by mikayel, 22 July 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#313 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:27 PM

I'm actually a fan of triangle shot as a build but the catapult was kind of poorly executed.

I don't suppose there is anything wrong with promotion using double strafe during triangle shot's delay or autoattacking. Interesting way of encouraging ts levels for ds damage.

I wonder if "ranged +%, but only if wearing a bow" is scriptable. The closest precedence is drosera card.

Edited by Jaye, 21 July 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#314 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:39 PM

There are also cards that grant ASPD if compounded to certain weapon categories, or situations like item combos (this is effectively an item combo of hat + bow category weapon.)

#315 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

bagpack in mouth
Effect: Allows max weight up Lvl 5
Weight 10
Class All

#316 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

Weight increase won't work for a reason

Andni just remembered. Double Strafe messes with autolocking because of a delay thingy do autocastinf triangle shot may be a worse idea than you think. Of hope itd work though. I just hope it doesn't give you access to the ridiculous damage magicians nightcap gives hindsight sorcs with the right cards. >·> has anyone noticed how insane their damage potential is with that hat? .-.

#317 klintx

klintx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSkypiea
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Does a costume included in this thread? If YES, why not make a costume of those aura-like thing on the monster of bio or nightmre mode monster (nightmre pyramid) hahaha I really like them

#318 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

Does a costume included in this thread? If YES, why not make a costume of those aura-like thing on the monster of bio or nightmre mode monster (nightmre pyramid) hahaha I really like them

Wrong thread, but a costume like this exists in jRO, a few of us having been trying to get iRO to get this item!

#319 klintx

klintx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSkypiea
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

^hahahaha I hope jRO will share it to us :)

#320 Rarog

Rarog

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRussia
  • Server:RT

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

tzuysm8.png

Battlecry [1]
Ancient ceremonial crown.

Increases the user's movement speed.

If +9 refine:
   When worn by a Swordman, Merchant, Thief or Taekwon Classes, ATK+15. 
   When worn by a Mage, Acolyte, Ninja or Soul Linker Classes, MATK +20. 
   When worn by Archer or Gunslinger Classes, ASPD +10%. 
   When worn by SuperNovice, MaxHP +500, MaxSP +50.

If +12 refine:
   When worn by a Swordman, Merchant, Thief or Taekwon Classes, Max HP +12%. 
   When worn by a Mage, Acolyte, Ninja or Soul Linker Classes, reduce fixed casting time by 10%. 
   When worn by Archer or Gunslinger Classes, increases damage with ranged attacks by 10%. 
   When worn by SuperNovice, MaxHP +800, MaxSP +80.

Class : headgear
Defence : 10
Required Lv : 90
Jobs : All Jobs

#321 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

pretty artwork. Are you the artist?

#322 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

tzuysm8.png

Looks very nice, but I'd be concerned about what happens to my character's head when the stargate is activated.

#323 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Interesting thought but that headgear does things other headgears already do

#324 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

It basically obsoletes owning a turkey on head, evil marching hat, and several others, for some people. While none of the powers exceed the gears they obsolete, and you don't get them all at once, so I could not call it overpowered. But as a jack of many trades it shouldn't be the master of all of them if that makes sense. Maybe knock all of the bonuses down by 30% (like 12% hp down to 8%, etc)

#325 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

Blood Stained Sakkat[1]

Death marks this hat with the blood of many enemies.

MaxHP +10%

If upgraded to +7 increase throw kunai damage 10% per level of dagger throwing practice learned

Increases Damage done by Blaze Shield and Exploding Dragon by 10% per Fire Charm in use

Increases Damage done by Lightning Jolt and First Wind by 10% per Wind Charm in use

Increases Damage done by Snowflake Draft by 10% per Ice Charm in use

Headgear: Upper

Def: 15

Weight: 20

Required Level: 100

Class: Kagerou/Oboro

NOkBkih.jpg

should add "makes pure soul uninterruptable" for when the nerf comes :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users