2015/2016 New Headgear Proposal Thread - Page 16 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

2015/2016 New Headgear Proposal Thread

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#376 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

Go Rockheir, pour your awesome headgear ideas too :D

Thanks. I would! xD But Oda hasn't opened the project for the community to participate in just yet.

Will have to update my proposals thread to engage some interested folks in the other headgears I came up with coz unfortunately I can only make "substantial" gear proposals for the performers. xD

#377 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:26 PM

Anyone can post headgear ideas here! The big thing besides how it looks is the little details like:

How much def/mdef? weight? What slots will it occupy? Flavor text, give it some character. What kind of effects does it have, does it have upgrade effects? Animated?

#378 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:29 PM

Anyone can post headgear ideas here! The big thing besides how it looks is the little details like:

How much def/mdef? weight? What slots will it occupy? Flavor text, give it some character. What kind of effects does it have, does it have upgrade effects? Animated?

Cool! So I guess, all that's left to do is update the title of this thread for that matter. 

Anyways, aside from the things you mentioned, are there other particulars that we also have to look out for? Like it should have no level or class restriction, etc.?

Edited by ROCKheir, 17 June 2016 - 10:46 PM.

#379 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:17 AM

Yay, Oda give his confirmation. Ok, so this is my idea from sometimes ago

849fKdm.jpg

Inari Fox Ears [1]

Silver fox ears that resembles ears of Inari, guardian deity of swordsmith and warrior in ancient Amatsu. His blessing can ward off evil spirit.

STR +2, LUK +2

Each refine level increase Perfect Dodge by 5

If refined to +7

Increase damage inflicted with [Shadow Slash] and [Cross Slash] by 50%

If refined to +9

When receiving damage, has 0,1% chance to auto cast Mirror Image level 5 (Auto cast doesn't need Ninja Aura status and Shadow Orb)

If worn by Ninja class, when dealing melee physical attack has a chance to auto cast Adrenaline Rush level 5

If refined to +10 or higher

Reduce [Cross Slash] skill specific cooldown by 4 seconds

Headgear

Defence: 10

Weight: 30

Required level: 100

Jobs: All

(Actually jRO has this item, but as costume. I tried to recreate it as a headgear that improve melee Kage/Obo performance on PvM)

Spoiler

Nogitsune Hat

Something was trying to disguise as a human, but failed miserably! Beware of its mischief and trickery!

INT +2, LUK +2, Increase variable casting speed by 30%

When dealing magical attack, has low chance to transform into Nine Tails.

Effect when transform: Flee + 100, Increase MATK by 200. Transformation chance increase by each refine level

Headgear

Defence: 5

Weight: 50

Required level: 20

(It basically White Drooping Eddga for mage class)

Spoiler

Superhero Mask [1]

A mask that resembles a superhero that fights evil organization with his mighty kick and motorcycle. Kids like to wear this mask to play pretend.

Max HP +5%

Increase [Flying Kick] damage by 50%

If refined to +7

When worn by Tae Kwon class, further increase max HP bonus by +5%

Increase [Tornado Kick], [Heel Drop Kick], [Roundhouse Kick], [Counter Kick], and [Flying Kick] damage by 25%

If refined to +9

When casting Heat skill, increase Max HP by 10%

If worn by Tae Kwon class, when dealing melee physical attack has a chance to gain ATK +100. ATK bonus increase by 25 for each refine level above +9

Headgear

Defence: 15

Weight: 10

Required level: 70

(I tried to increase Tae Kwon Kid and Tae Kwon Master potential with this headgear. On Tae Kwon class discussion, many people said that TKM has small HP pool, while they need to tank mobs with Heat skill. I hope the design won't be conflicted with copyright lol)

#380 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

*I may further edit this later, phone sucks*

Soul Specter Hat

"It is said that a powerfull Soul Linker used this hat in an attempt to amplify his connection with the spirits. The connection became so strong that his soul was sucked into hat. Rumors say that if you wear it you'll be able to use a fraction of his original power, but with no control over it. Watch out, the hungry hat might try to devour your soul as well."

When dealing physical damage has a high chance(7%) of autocasting Lv1~7 Mild Wind.
Drains 2% of user HP and SP every 7 seconds.
HP/SP regen -77%

Headgear
Slot: No
Defense: 10
Required level: 77

#381 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:17 AM

Does that cast a random level of mild wind?

#382 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:23 AM

Yes, random level at high chance. It might take a while for you to get the one you want, and if you are not carefull it might proc another one right after :v

#383 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:46 AM

sounds like you're incentivizing gear swapping in which case the built in drawbacks aren't very useful for balancing the effect. You'd need to make it drain a large sum of HP+SP when unequipped or something.

#384 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

The zodiac crowns are also just about gear swaping. The random proc is what may take you a while to get the desired effect. Imagine you wanting the Ghost one and keep attacking getting water>fire>water>shadow>holy>earth>etc and you finally get the desired Ghost one, autoattack once more and get water again :v
I just imagined a funnier way to have a proc gear, instead of attack for quite some time waiting to proc and switch back, but have constant random procs messing you up.

#385 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

Mild wind is a lot more powerful than endows (affecting element of status atk and having access to extra elements) so a drawback of some kind makes some sense. I do like the idea of it being random, that is kinda unusual and varied.

Edited by Kadelia, 18 June 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#386 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:49 AM

I dont see a reason for every item in the game having a kind of drawback, just like zodiac crowns have none.

#387 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:16 PM

I dont see a reason for every item in the game having a kind of drawback, just like zodiac crowns have none.

Yeah, that is why I designed the mid slot binos the way I did, making a Ghost zodiac would have been OP. At least the goggles force you to have them equipped for the effect.

#388 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:15 AM

Submitting a modified old entry

33lougw.png

Ascetic Eyes [1]

Mid only

Def: 0

Required Level: 125

The eyes of an ascetic that have walked with God and have seen eternity can see through the works of evil behind the shadows .

Vit+2 Int+2 Dex+2 Mdef+2

Enables use of [Ruwach] Lv1 skill.

For better visual reference, I'll just make use of Divine-Pride's Item Info for a similar gear here.

Edited by ROCKheir, 28 July 2016 - 02:52 AM.

#389 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:55 AM

Whatever happened with the rest of headgears that were sent with the first proposal?

#390 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:34 AM

Down the drain.

#391 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:03 AM

I'll just move my proposal from here over here since I didn't have any real feedback.

cosmetics6.png

Newtype Wing Headphones

The latest upgraded version of the wing headphones, with improved outside sound blocking, so that there's no need to hold back when making loud guitar riffs or screaming vocals. Now 100% cuter in metallic pink.

INT +3, MDef +5.

if Base INT is 120 or higher, increases SP recovery speed by 50%.

If worn by a Wanderer or Minstrel, increases MATK by 1% refinement of the headgear.

If refined +7 or higher, increases the damage of [Reverberation] and [Metallic Sound] by 5% per total refine of the headgear.

If refined +9 or higher, reduces the skill-specific cooldown of [Metallic Sound] by 1.5 seconds.

If refined +12 or higher, reduces the skill-specific cooldown of [Metallic Sound] by an additional 1.5 seconds (total 3 second reduction).

Type: Headgear

Def: 24

Position: Top and Middle Headgear

Applicable Jobs: All

Required Level: 130

Card Slot: 0

Violet Allure

Bright lipstick and eyeshadow that will help make any performance a smash hit. Rumor has it a band once made their whole career out of wearing cosmetics on stage.

MATK +1%.

If [Remover] (Skill ID# 222) or [Encore] are mastered, additional MATK +7%.

[Combo with Newtype Wing Headphones or Wing Headphone]

Int +2, Luk +1.

The SP cost of [Reverberation] and [Metallic Sound] are reduced by 5% per refine of the headgear (maximum +10).

Position: Bottom Only Headgear

Required Level: 1

Weight: 1

Pink Allure

Bright lipstick and eyeshadow that will help make any performance a smash hit. Rumor has it a band once made their whole career out of wearing cosmetics on stage.

SP cost of skills -1%.

If [Increase SP Recovery] or [Spiritual Cadence] (Skill ID# 260) is mastered, reduce the SP cost of skills by an additional 7%.

Int +2, Vit +1.

The SP cost of [Reverberation] and [Metallic Sound] are reduced by 5% per refine of the headgear (maximum +10).

Evergreen Allure

ASPD +1%.

If [Battle Theme] (Skill ID# 309) or [Back Stab] are mastered, additional ASPD +1.

Agi +2, Dex +1.

Tempted to add "Megalomaniacs trying to ascend to deific status like it, too." to the makeup descriptions as a reference to FF6's Kefka for the males that wanna wear these. (in addition to the subtle nod to KISS, ICP, etc).

Edited by Kadelia, 19 June 2016 - 06:43 AM.

#392 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:33 AM

"im still standing to wait my JUMPING BOMBRING proposal on page 8 to be implemented", said the most salty trapper ranger whom his autumn headband effect betrayed from trap booster to booster of whatever that yellow arrow flash OP thing

Edited by fuyukikun, 19 June 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#393 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

/pat...

#394 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

I kinda want to see a "Help Wanted Sign" costume that you can flash when soloing to let people know you ACTUALLY NEED HELP. Cause several times I've saved people from mobs in TIs to be thanked, and later to be cussed at because they had it under control despite looking like they didn't. It's hard to type when spamming pots to stay alive.

#395 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:45 AM

I kinda want to see a "Help Wanted Sign" costume that you can flash when soloing to let people know you ACTUALLY NEED HELP. Cause several times I've saved people from mobs in TIs to be thanked, and later to be cussed at because they had it under control despite looking like they didn't. It's hard to type when spamming pots to stay alive.

you can bind the emote /hlp to a a key and it will go "help!" over your head. So a gear isn't needed.

#396 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:54 PM

you can bind the emote /hlp to a a key and it will go "help!" over your head. So a gear isn't needed.

Depends. Other things take precedence when it comes to key bindings. 

There's other applications for it too, or else the other recruiter hats wouldn't exist.

#397 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:37 AM

Depends. Other things take precedence when it comes to key bindings.

There's other applications for it too, or else the other recruiter hats wouldn't exist.

The gear you're suggesting I assume will likewise be assigned a hotkey for flashing, no? So....

#398 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

Submitting a modified old entry

33lougw.png

Ascetic Eyes [1]

Mid only

Required Level: 125

The eyes of an ascetic that have walked with God and have seen eternity can see through the works of evil behind the shadows .

Vit+2 Int+2 Dex+2 Mdef+2

Enables use of [Ruwach] Lv1 skill.

I was looking through Divine Pride and it looks like maybe this sprite could be used to implement your idea:

http://www.divine-pr.../item/19158/kRO

#399 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:51 AM

I was looking through Divine Pride and it looks like maybe this sprite could be used to implement your idea:

http://www.divine-pr.../item/19158/kRO

Wow! So there's already an item for blue eyes.  :p_err:  I shouldn't have bothered. Can you read Korean? What does divinepride say about that particular gear?

#400 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto
  • Server:Chaos [afk]

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:51 AM

Wow! So there's already an item for blue eyes.  :p_err:  I shouldn't have bothered. Can you read Korean? What does divinepride say about that particular gear?

A quick google translate suggests it is a costume contact lens, modeled after Gemini-S58.

You could request for it to be implemented using Nirvanna21's new item requester.  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users