MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

Ohhhh boy! Who will be the first one to post video??? Too bad I am at work!

#202 LilCrazed

LilCrazed

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Loki to Ymir to Chaos

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:48 PM

what happen if a GX RC Stormy and both Garm.
does that count?

#203 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:45 AM

what happen if a GX RC Stormy and both Garm.
does that count?

U would kill stormy before both hatiis, and the they would vanish

#204 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:15 PM

So, a bit of a redux: Having some spare time I came back to RO after a few months' worth of hiatus and having taken advantage of the double xp I managed to solo grind my GX from 12x to 156 this week (love bifrost 2 <3) and take on the old glastheim instance alone. I did fine up to amdarais where-in I got him to 32% hp and then I got destroyed twice over, and had only 2 tokens on me (derp).

I rewatched havenn's excellent guide video and am thinking the reason I died so badly was because I didn't bring a batho armor with me. I _HAVE_ one but, like a fool, forgot to bring it with me. Now, my suspicion is that said armor is what I was missing but in havenn's vid he has a lot of neat stuff I don't have (deviling, red stone sunglasses, etc.) so I'm not 100% if that's what I was missing.  

I couldn't find what abilities Amdarais has on irowiki or on divine-pride to prepare on my own, so I'm curious what his main abilities are that I should be wary of? Is it mostly the shadow elemental + magnum break? If so, a batho armor + fireproof pot should do the trick right?

Edited by mikayel, 25 June 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#205 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

His skills that hurt the most:Grand Cross of Darkness, Dark Soul Strike (both shadow property), Magnum Break.

He uses Hell's Judgement as well, but most of time u dodge it, specially if u use hallucination walk. With bathory armor u nullify 2 of his most damaging skills, for magnum break normally it wont be strong enough to 1 shot u( around 20k or so) but if u still dont feel safe bring a fireproof potion and a jakk carded garment.

#206 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:52 AM

Awesome, thanks Ashuckel. I got 46k hp so I'll be fine with the mag breaks with a fireproof pot. 

Now to work on my stupid attack speed. Maybe I should throw my Cenere card into my FAW and set it up with AD enchants. 

#207 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

If you don't have an aspd superior to 190, Rolling Cutter will probably surpass the dps of your normal attacks, unless you have an awesome weapon for autos and regular for RC. Cross Impact Dance is also fun to do and requires no aspd.

#208 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

Awesome, thanks Ashuckel. I got 46k hp so I'll be fine with the mag breaks with a fireproof pot. 

Now to work on my stupid attack speed. Maybe I should throw my Cenere card into my FAW and set it up with AD enchants. 

What equips do you have? The equips I use for 193 ASPD are: +9 iFAW ASDP+1/ASPD+16%, +6 Temp AGI LD/AD4, 2x Bako Tat, Rudra ASPD+1, Awake and Celermine, VIP Buffs. AGI is 100 (but could reach it at 90). I was also thinking about Cenere, but after I got lucky with my first Tattoo, I decided I wanted resist instead. With only 1 Tattoo, you'd need AGI Up and/or +20 Food.
At like 35k, I only use Bathory Armor and Fireproof to survive. Just watch out if Critical Wounds hit. Magnum + Normal attacks = Death if not paying attention. Use Hallucination Walk to avoid most of everything, but make sure you can kill it before it runs out XD

If you don't have an aspd superior to 190, Rolling Cutter will probably surpass the dps of your normal attacks, unless you have an awesome weapon for autos and regular for RC. Cross Impact Dance is also fun to do and requires no aspd.

A tactic I use is to Dark Claw -> RC & CRS for the duration of DC, then Normal Attack. RC deals like 60k X3 You could also use Cross Impact as you said.

#209 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:13 AM

crs dmg isn't impacted by dc though; wouldn't chain CI be more damage?

#210 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

Yes, probably. I also happen to have only level 3 CI :3 XD Sooo, I haven't tested.

Edited by Akupuff, 26 June 2015 - 07:02 AM.

#211 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

CI lvl 3 can't be chained afaik, at least i never could even at 193.

The ideal for dps is DC then RC for its duration, when its over use CRS. Or if u can do fast chain its good too.

Edited by Ashuckel, 26 June 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#212 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

So, a bit of a redux: Having some spare time I came back to RO after a few months' worth of hiatus and having taken advantage of the double xp I managed to solo grind my GX from 12x to 156 this week (love bifrost 2 <3) and take on the old glastheim instance alone. I did fine up to amdarais where-in I got him to 32% hp and then I got destroyed twice over, and had only 2 tokens on me (derp).

I rewatched havenn's excellent guide video and am thinking the reason I died so badly was because I didn't bring a batho armor with me. I _HAVE_ one but, like a fool, forgot to bring it with me. Now, my suspicion is that said armor is what I was missing but in havenn's vid he has a lot of neat stuff I don't have (deviling, red stone sunglasses, etc.) so I'm not 100% if that's what I was missing.  

I couldn't find what abilities Amdarais has on irowiki or on divine-pride to prepare on my own, so I'm curious what his main abilities are that I should be wary of? Is it mostly the shadow elemental + magnum break? If so, a batho armor + fireproof pot should do the trick right?

when u refer to brifrost, you refer to Ecliage Tower 2?

#213 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

yes, the map with ceneres and antique books. ain't no one grinding the outside fields for exp, unless they're bots.

#214 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

What equips do you have? The equips I use for 193 ASPD are: +9 iFAW ASDP+1/ASPD+16%, +6 Temp AGI LD/AD4, 2x Bako Tat, Rudra ASPD+1, Awake and Celermine, VIP Buffs. AGI is 100 (but could reach it at 90). I was also thinking about Cenere, but after I got lucky with my first Tattoo, I decided I wanted resist instead. With only 1 Tattoo, you'd need AGI Up and/or +20 Food.
At like 35k, I only use Bathory Armor and Fireproof to survive. Just watch out if Critical Wounds hit. Magnum + Normal attacks = Death if not paying attention. Use Hallucination Walk to avoid most of everything, but make sure you can kill it before it runs out XD

A tactic I use is to Dark Claw -> RC & CRS for the duration of DC, then Normal Attack. RC deals like 60k X3 You could also use Cross Impact as you said.

So far I'm just using a +9 HBP, but I have a +9 FAW that I plan to re-enchant to ASPD stuff. I'm currently working on a set of agi boots (need more coag spells) to max it out, hence why I'm doing OGH. Another thing that's probably hurting me is that I don't have a raydric in my backpack -- I refused to buy one given that I've killed something like 7,000 raydrics on this character alone (I count using the bounty board/TI) so at this point I'm deeply entrenched in the sunken cost fallacy. Got 5 goddamn iron cains. FIVE. Same drop rate as the damn card >;( 

Anyway, for now I think I'll enchant my FAW, but with the backpakc I'm getting 4 different benefits (str, vit, agi, luck are all over 90) so I'm curious if I'm better off keeping that instead of using the FAW. I absolutely cannot afford bako tats or a rudra, so I'm out of luck there. 

It's weird, but from what I've tested it depends on how well you can time your CI given that it has a long cast animation. If you're ASPD is fast enough, you're better off just RCing more. The other thing is, you'd want to time your CI right at the end of the DC effect to get the full bonus out of it, which depending on your ASPD is hard to do. I'm at 187 right now, and the process I got for it is to do 14 RCs and then CI for maximum damage. Or, conversely, just RC it up. 

#215 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:43 PM

So far I'm just using a +9 HBP, but I have a +9 FAW that I plan to re-enchant to ASPD stuff. I'm currently working on a set of agi boots (need more coag spells) to max it out, hence why I'm doing OGH. Another thing that's probably hurting me is that I don't have a raydric in my backpack -- I refused to buy one given that I've killed something like 7,000 raydrics on this character alone (I count using the bounty board/TI) so at this point I'm deeply entrenched in the sunken cost fallacy. Got 5 goddamn iron cains. FIVE. Same drop rate as the damn card >;( 

Anyway, for now I think I'll enchant my FAW, but with the backpakc I'm getting 4 different benefits (str, vit, agi, luck are all over 90) so I'm curious if I'm better off keeping that instead of using the FAW. I absolutely cannot afford bako tats or a rudra, so I'm out of luck there. 

With HBP, I reach like 191-192 aspd, so not too shabby. The AGI boots will help greatly. You could snipe Coags in Ragial for like 1m each to speed up the process. Wish you luck on the re-enchanting. :3 Mine took a bit more tries than I would have liked. >_<
Raydric on backpack will fair amazingly. Too bad that your Card Adventure didn't go so well. :c But just be patient and maybe you can snipe one on Ragial cheap or they get included in TI XD

As for what's better, I use both HBP and FAW on OGH. HBP on non-MVP sections and FAW on MVP's. Card the FAW with Raydric and with +30k HP you can certainly tank the mobs and MVP's.
For the Rudra's, well, I got mine when they first were introduced. Managed to make 2 :3 The Tats took me 3 months of hunting Bako with 1 character. Try to do Bakonawa and you can be lucky :3

#216 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

I'm currently looking to hit 190 aspd to optimize my RC game, as I don't plan to crit much for a bit. Even with the 15% bonus and all that, the crit damage isn't as good as RC -- I'm leaving critting for later (I also job changed at job 42 to sinx, so maybe I'll go DD yet, who knows). 

Still, thanks for the input. I'm gonna feel pretty weak without my variants for a bit, but I guess all things gotta change. I've been looking for cheapo coags as well since I know I'm unlikely to get a good 3rd slot enchant on my first try, but tbh I'm mostly after the ASPD than anything else at this point. I forgot to mention, I do have an eddga hat -- I should probably +9 that but damn me if I want to start buying certs and enriched for it. I hate the refinement RNG soooooooooo much (as my posts in that other thread may have alluded to.) 

#217 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

It's no Yugacky, but here's my GX so far (not DD crit yet, but will be)

#218 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:44 AM

nice lol

#219 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

Ha. Ha. Ha......my goshhhhhhhh

I wish my GX did half of that dmg lol. I am 164 btw

#220 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

That MOT card damnit haha

#221 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

Okay here the next one, not as high damage as I have hit but a decent kill:

#222 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:16 AM

Nice one there

#223 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

Okay here the next one, not as high damage as I have hit but a decent kill:

Cool. But, why are you wearing ifrit armor? Cenia does not do Magnum Break if you are alone.

#224 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Had it on from Timeholder xD, no other nabs with me. Though..I did not know that.

Edited by Havenn, 03 August 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#225 iannsong87

iannsong87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

level 175 GX vs Bakonawa

i was wondering why bakonawa puppet didnt spawn in this video..

it was the puppet that actually kill me :\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users