Damage Output Reduced? - Page 6 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Damage Output Reduced?

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#126 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Honestly Champpower, of all the things that are op in this game your really pushing this with the bow scouts and katars. Those classes are meant for criticals, to have invisibility and to cause criticals. FS clerics are there to heal support and buffs. If you get locked by the criticals thats because fs clerics have low crit and thats the way it gonna go. If you are complaining about the stunlocks I will have to complain about the op blocking of battle clerics. In war 2 katar and a bow scout is killing an unbuffed fs cleric and we cant take it down. With all our crits and melee he can still heal and survive. In cd almost all the time all killer classes will focus on you so by that time you really cant move with those crits mute stuns sleep etc. I just cant see this perma lock that you have been seeing from the scouts. Just my observation

I am agreeing with you that the scout and raider are critical classes, which are meant for high critical rate. However, having enough critical to stun locked other classes or trapping other class in the endless cycle of stun-sleep-critical-and death is another matter. It is not a good strategy for the game to have one class totally dominates other classes, and other classes cannot do anything about it, except dying.

#127 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

There are classes that are more op than scouts or raiders.

#128 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

There are classes that are more op than scouts or raiders.

You may be right, but at least I do not get stun locked (like with the scout) or being trap in the endless cycle of stun-sleep-critical-and death (with the raider)

#129 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:42 PM

This is what happens when people talk about classes they never played.

#130 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:32 AM

Note, I didn't do this as a damage video or anything other then the skills + stats you need to flinch lock. Any scout with 130%+aspeed, some moderate crit, and those 3 skills can flinch lock solo well, or in a pt almost to a rooting effect. Particularly useful when you have a Katar raider on your team. 

Edited by Feuer, 14 November 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#131 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:15 AM

So you're comparing a champ to a Manager Moldie to prove your point?

#132 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

So you're comparing a champ to a Manager Moldie to prove your point?

Had you actually clicked the video you would have seen it was a scout, not a champ. and had you actually READ the sub-note, you'd see it was a demonstration of flinch mechanics, not damage or build.  

Edited by VModCupcake, 14 November 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#133 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 14 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

Had you actually clicked the video you would have seen it was a scout, not a champ. and had you actually READ the sub-note, you'd see it was a demonstration of flinch mechanics, not damage or build.  

I'm not blind I know it was a scout, but since ChampPower mainly plays champ (thats what he said), he's the only one complaining about this "locked to the ground" thing, and you're demonstrating the flinch mechanics by hitting a Manager Moldie, that's like comparing it to the said champ, and that's a tad bit superficial in my opinion.

It's like saying the manager moldie and a champ have the same mov.speed/crit.

#134 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

Unless you're going to prove that a impact effect mechanic is different from a moldie to a champion to any other target, then just chill. The point was to prove the flinch locking can be done, and I did that. If you want to argue a different point, then make your statement or move on. 

#135 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

Flinch or knockback doesn't exist on server side, it is only a client sided effect, you notice your HP goes down already when the boss is still 2 steps away from you?

You can avoid getting knockback by not re-clicking any new coordinates, just run straight to whoever that kites you.

#136 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

The issue is pvp related, and because it's client side, both you and your target are seeing it. And since the syncing updates to the client, then it will force the effect to work, on both clients. Flinch locking isn't the best for boss control, and the issue was in fact raised under PVP topic. There are many other things that work in pvp that don't in pvm. For example, even though you slow a dungeon boss, they can randomly "teleport" this is because client side, they're frozen, server side, they're still moving, very slowly. 

So yes, it is client side, and it shows on both clients, and the server syncs those changes, could result in slightly buggy behavior, but it still works effectively. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users