(V)adHatter's Dual Dagger Crit GX Guide - Page 43 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

(V)adHatter's Dual Dagger Crit GX Guide

• Please log in to reply
1086 replies to this topic

#1051 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:50 AM

you don't sacrifice anything to get the mob scarf bonus, so it's just free dmg.

In terms of priority, unless you gonna use on other classes too, Weapon>Mob scarf

Arunafeltz sandwich you can make yourself trough a quest, lucky rice cakes depends on events, buche de noel the same, but have a bigger stock on the market. Crit rate is not an issue.

#1052 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:54 AM

Buy better weapon instead for now, the bonus granted by mob scarf for GX not as big as bonus granted for Magic Classes (literally hidden +15 crimson rod)  :heh:

Fun Facts :

You can get 3 - 4pcs of +15 crimson katar holy right now by pawning Mob Scarf

Edited by DataDrain, 28 June 2017 - 07:57 AM.

#1053 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:23 AM

you don't sacrifice anything to get the mob scarf bonus, so it's just free dmg.

In terms of priority, unless you gonna use on other classes too, Weapon>Mob scarf

Arunafeltz sandwich you can make yourself trough a quest, lucky rice cakes depends on events, buche de noel the same, but have a bigger stock on the market. Crit rate is not an issue.

Thanks! 

Buy better weapon instead for now, the bonus granted by mob scarf for GX not as big as bonus granted for Magic Classes (literally hidden +15 crimson rod)  :heh:

Fun Facts :

You can get 3 - 4pcs of +15 crimson katar holy right now by pawning Mob Scarf

Well I'm gonna wait for the prices to go up before cashing in on it.

#1054 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

When mob scarf price go up, so does with +15 crimson katars because the refine event will be leaving soon :p_smile:

#1055 chitchats

chitchats

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:25 AM

Hello guys,long time exRO player in here (wayyy long,around 2003) and only play wizard before

And right now im playing char melee and in love with my GX char
Currently at level 167 (change at job 42 in high thief)
Right now my stat n skill are for levelling purpose with RC but when i have my 175 aura (soon i hope ^^), i would like to change to DD crit lock

My situation is,i cant online steady,i mean...sometimes i can only play for half an hour,but sometimes i can play all night long (very rarely), thats why i want a char that can solo MVP and instance2 all by myself

Right now my equipments are
+13 thana katar HF
+9 wak2 fallen FS
+9 temp str boots with FS and LD
Vana helm/eddga hat
Mob scarf and glasses
Keraunos x2
For costume i have malicious shadow set

Things i want to know is,when i already max out my level and i want to solo MVP and instance (basically looking for item n zeny instance), what weapon and equipment should i aim when i want to be DD crit lock?with budget around 1,5B
I want an all round equip , so it can give decent damage to most of MVP bosses and instance,is that possible?
Or at least 3 weapon combination

Can u guys give me a good suggest?really confuse right now
For example,i want to exchange my FAW to FAW fatal with petal card, getting some double liberation FQL with ice pick,but im afraid that i already lost my money and didnt get the right equipment yet to earn some zenny

Because i want this char to be my main char that can produce/make some zeny to play another char,hehe

Could u please help me,what weapon should i get,what equipment should i get?which current equipment that i should trade or sell?
About stat,im planning to give 120 to agi/str and luck,depending ur suggestions also,hehe

Thank you very much for the repplies guys

Edited by chitchats, 30 June 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#1056 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

Probably same as mentioned above. We are sort of on the same boat. You could sell your mob scarf to buy better weapons and other gears to reach 193 aspd. Crit is easier to reach so you don't need to worry about gimping out on crit.

Right now, I'm playing around with the stat simulator to figure out the most cost effective gear set-up. While budget is low, it's best to use assassin's despair instead of bako in order to reach 193 aspd. I'm also considering going 90 str - 120 agi in order to reach 193 more easily since 120 str/luk builds lack a lot of agi and may find it difficult to reach 193 aspd. 

My current dilemma is whether I should sell my +12 petal FAW [sp. agi, fatal 3/3] and just switch to a cheaper +9 fatal 6 aspd1 FAW. Things would have been much easier if there are plenty of +10 stat foods in the market. Though that wouldn't be an issue if you plan on getting VIP all year long.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 30 June 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#1057 chitchats

chitchats

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

Im actually already bought the 6 months vip,haha

What i mean is,with current available equipment in market,what is the high end/cost effective equipment to get?

For example, i could only imagine equipment for armor, sapah's cloth with crit enchant (with undead card or what?)
For boots,+12/+9 luck boot temps with AD and LD?is it right?

What is the end game equipment so that we can be a MVP's versatile DD crit lock?
Obviously i couldnt afford all of it together,haha,but i'd like to get it one by one starting with weapon (the most confusing equip to choose)
Because once i buy a weapon for general MVP purpose,i'll be relying my zenny income from MVP or instance with my GX and wishing that i can get through to fully equipped my GX equipment one by one

Please give me advice/target starting with most wanted weapon to start soloing instance/MVP

Thank u guys

#1058 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:18 PM

For stat builds built around mob scarf (120 str/luk) is temp str better than temp luk? Assuming crit damage would only come from FAW bonus and petal card.

No idea on the calculations and the gx calc seems down as well. 

Edited by mikkotinamide, 02 July 2017 - 11:19 PM.

#1059 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:35 AM

temp luk is better than temp str for crit, period.

#1060 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

Been reading through all 43 pages and I got a few question.

1. At what % of crit dmg % does it gets lower and its better to stack ATK/Boss/Racial %? 

- Currently have 96% (40% from faw [Petal + 2x Fatal 3], 36% from Temporal Luk and 20% from Mob.

2. I know daggers are optional and Ash would prefer us to read the attack formula instead. 
- I have a +15 RWC Knife [AK], damage doesn't seem too far off when weapon perfection triggers (22k vs 26k) but did another testing via Amdarais and it was difference between 120k and 140k (16-18%) 

- This is due to the eATK not being effected by size penalty (I'm using RWC Ring as well).

- Still deciding between using this or a +13 FQL 2AK, or just leaving it clean for a drake card eventually.

3. I have RC GX mostly and I feel the time taken to kill MvPs that doesn't agi up, they can do it faster. At the current equipment rate [Juliette/+15 Crimson], do you guys think DD Crit still kill faster than RC GX if we don't have LK card?

- I'm comparing kills within DC duration.

- Or is it because I'm still doing mid-ish tier damage?

Edited by yamasakai90, 23 July 2017 - 07:17 PM.

#1061 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

I haven't played gx for a while and my gears are heavily outdated, so take my advice with a grain of salt. It's just based on my experience with gx.

1) The more you balance different modifiers, the higher your dmg output will be. On the other hand, the more same kind of % you stack, the less dmg you do. In order to know if your current % crit dmg is optimal, we need to know how much % of racial dmg you already have stacked. So there isn't a fixed break point. If you currently have 96% crit dmg, ideally you also want 96% racial dmg. Crit % dmg is the easiest to stack. So suppose 1st Scenario you have 96% crit dmg and only 10% racial. And 2nd Scenario you have 66% crit dmg but 40% racial. 2nd scenario is better because you have a higher increment when you multiply your different modifiers. So in short, always make sure to lessen the gap between these two.

2) I've never had a RWC knife, but yes, the difference of the drake effect is even more noticeable with Amdarais because of its large size. But to be honest, I think FQL wins in almost every case against RWC that has low wATK and 1 slot. FQL 2 AK is better than FQL Drake for small and also slightly better for medium. Drake AK FQL wins only for large, which is the size of most MVPs. FQL is more accessible nowadays, so I wouldn't bother saving the slot for Drake. Just build a new weapon when you get the card.

3) I am not sure about this one. I really haven't touched my RC gx for like a year, so I'm sure someone who have recently played both dagger and rc builds could give you a more accurate answer. But as far as I remember, my crit dd would finish things off way faster than most RC builds. With the exception of demi humans. I used to camp Nightmare Amon Ra and there were quite a few reputable gx's who did the same thing and competition was real. Overupgraded KVM katar Kield gx's + DC + RC spin was hands down the best. No crit dd, gene or rk could compete. Maybe gene with kvm+megs+strings+fenrir and some luck. But still debatable. Suras sometimes won as long as they could 1 shot. Anyway, it was fun :x But I believe a well-geared RC gx can be as good as dd crit in many other situations. In fact, nightmare bio hats will be a game changer. I spoke with Ye Kim recently because I was really curious about the changes implemented on the 2nd renewal of nightmare bios. Apparently, the most effective class who can still kinda solo around is gx (hybrid CRS crit switching katar build). They default Juliette de Rachel + White Knight cards and EA enchants. Followed by doram + sorc duo (dispell), warlock + strings and finally Gene + AB. Any other class would have some dps limitations without party. But things can be completely different for us and I won't be -_-y and pretend that I know the future for Chaos.

#1062 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

Thank you so much, for clarification!  :thx:

1. Ah thanks, so it goes like 1 x 1.96 x 1.1 or 1 x 1.4 x 1.4 that kind of formulae (Again could be save probably if i look at the formulae so I apologise for that).

2. Yeah I know it wins hands down, just wanting a 2nd opinion on how close the penalty is without Drake for Large Monsters. I was looking at the market and saw like 3 +13 FQL AK for 650-850m. I was like, at this rate I better just buy FQL. :hmm:  

3. Their Juliette is enchanted with EA enchants? Makes sense especially for Nightmare Amdarais that has melee reflect on.  :wall:

Edit: Anyway updated post. 

For no.2

Was testing at Eggs and it was 26-28k and with +13 FQL Drake AK it was 31-35k. Guess I need to upgrade a drake FQL cause yeah 20% extra to free up the RWC Ring slot. So thats 16% before WP proc/Drake and another 20% dmg, thats quite a large difference.

Time to save up for Drake...

Edited by yamasakai90, 24 July 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#1063 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

is drake still worth it with the current items esp with the coming ones? e.g. seraphim bla bla which is a load of equip attack where we invest less str coz we need more int

#1064 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:09 AM

any idea why Oni horns has cross impact proc instead of counter slash? -.-  and does the headgear even works? if yes i dont see the point to upgrade it to +9 since cross impact gonna stop your auto attack.

#1065 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:11 AM

any idea why Oni horns has cross impact proc instead of counter slash? -.-  and does the headgear even works? if yes i dont see the point to upgrade it to +9 since cross impact gonna stop your auto attack.

thats how it works on iRO. the counter slash proc that u saw is the custom change on pserver 

#1066 DOGYDOOOG

DOGYDOOOG

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:56 AM

yea no wonder they change it becouse how it is right now it has good potential but the +9 upgrade suuuuuuuuuuoooooooooooocks

#1067 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:22 AM

yea no wonder they change it becouse how it is right now it has good potential but the +9 upgrade suuuuuuuuuuoooooooooooocks

Not really, the hg sux.

#1068 irolockongmr

irolockongmr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgard
  • Server:iRO Thor, pRO Valkyrie

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

Looking forward how much CS damage would a +9 Oni Horns [1] and a +9 or above Executioner shoes would make :p_laugh:

Executioner’s Shoes [0]

item02.jpg

Footgear, Def 12, Mdef 10, level 100 is required, 40 weight, no job restriction

(1) MaxHP+3%、MaxSP+3%。

(2) Enable the use of “Maximize Power” Lv1.

(3) Reduces SP consumption of “Meteor Assault” by 8.

(4) If refine level is +5 or higher, adds MaxHP+7%, MaxSP+7%, every 1 base level up increases “Meteor Assault”’s damage by 1%.

(5) If refine level is +7 or higher, adds MaxHP+10%, MaxSP+10%, every 1 base level up increases “Meteor Assault”damage by 1%.

(6) Every level of “Poison React” learned, increases “Meteor Assault”’s damage by 30%.

(7) Every level of “Weapon Blocking” learned,

- “Hallucination Walk”’s cooldown time (再使用待機時間) -5 seconds.

- “Meteor Assault”’s cast time -7%.

(8) Every level of “Weapon Crush” learned,

- increases physical damage dealt to enemy by 4%.

(9) Every level of “Counter Slash” learned,

- Ignores Def of any races by 20%.

Source:  https://forums.warpp...s-improvements/

#1069 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

Looking forward how much CS damage would a +9 Oni Horns [1] and a +9 or above Executioner shoes would make :p_laugh:

Executioner’s Shoes [0]

item02.jpg

Footgear, Def 12, Mdef 10, level 100 is required, 40 weight, no job restriction

(1) MaxHP+3%、MaxSP+3%。

(2) Enable the use of “Maximize Power” Lv1.

(3) Reduces SP consumption of “Meteor Assault” by 8.

(4) If refine level is +5 or higher, adds MaxHP+7%, MaxSP+7%, every 1 base level up increases “Meteor Assault”’s damage by 1%.

(5) If refine level is +7 or higher, adds MaxHP+10%, MaxSP+10%, every 1 base level up increases “Meteor Assault”damage by 1%.

(6) Every level of “Poison React” learned, increases “Meteor Assault”’s damage by 30%.

(7) Every level of “Weapon Blocking” learned,

- “Hallucination Walk”’s cooldown time (再使用待機時間) -5 seconds.

(8) Every level of “Weapon Crush” learned,

- increases physical damage dealt to enemy by 4%.

(9) Every level of “Counter Slash” learned,

- Ignores Def of any races by 20%.

Source:  https://forums.warpp...s-improvements/

ill come back to ro just for this lmao7

#1070 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

And I'm back lol

#1071 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

welcome back, 0.3 FCT, glhf

#1072 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

And I'm back lol

Welcome back lol

Edited by YongkySH, 15 January 2018 - 09:04 PM.

#1073 RoyalArchDuke

RoyalArchDuke

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:42 PM

Is DD crit GX no longer viable?

#1074 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:26 AM

Nothing ever stops being viable.

#1075 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

Is DD crit GX no longer viable?

Nothing ever stops being viable.

This is true. Just because new, better or more efficient builds are made, doesn't mean old ones stopped being viable. I mean, we could all do all the activities before new stuff came around. It's not the new hot stuff, but it can still get the job done. Don't let the comfortable and new easy builds skew your perception.

To answer your question, yes, it is still viable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users