11/12 Wallace Shawn Birthday Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

11/12 Wallace Shawn Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

Born on this day in 1943, Wallace Shawn is the beloved actor who has appeared (or voiced) characters in films ranging from My Dinner with Andre to Vizzini in the Princess Bride, to Rex the dinosaur in Toy Story. And of course, Grand Nagus Zek.

Notes for the week: 

Rachel Ice Dungeon Turn in Event departs.

Increased EXP, Drops and VIP events depart

Halloween Quest leaves

We're adding the PVP room with a NPC that prevents you from entering if you have HP/SP consumable items in your inventory.  

We've run into the issue in our testing that the no consumable PVP NPC would not be able to check carts for consumable items, so we are trying a map type item restriction for this week. This will affect the guild PVP and our custom map. To get to the custom pvp map, speak to the NPC in the north side of Izlude. 

New November Groove Pack 

Ongoing Projects: 

Thanksgiving Quest

PVE Experience improvement project

New Novice training area

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

Kafra Cards usable in the PvP room?

#3 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

We're adding the PVP room with a NPC that prevents you from entering if you have HP/SP consumable items in your inventory.  

Disappointed that MVPs/God items are allowed. :(

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:14 PM

Please consider adding Yellow/Red Gems to the Mail Annex NPC. Right now they're obtainable through exchanging Blue Gems in Payon but its pretty slow/annoying.

It'd also be nice if you can look at getting some of the hats that were in various boxes over the last year or two and havent made a reappearance back.

Edited by Themes, 10 November 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:59 PM

Please leave titans in for a couple weeks, titans going away at the same time as an exp event will really hurt the new players on the server.

#6 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

fix the mail annex inn npc, not giving buffs atm

#7 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

Can you do some research into the current drop rates from the Incarnations of Morroc please. During this event we've killed roughly 1400 of each of the three non ghosts and 700 ghosts (all with VIP and 50% with HE gum) while not actually getting any of the rarer items (Diablos Ring/Mant, Skin of Ventus or Cursed Hand). We've found all of the items previously over quite a lot more kills in the last few months (except Cursed Hand, I'm not sure they actually exist).

The drop tables are here:

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1918/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1919/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1920/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1921/

I'm aware that people asked about Diablos RIng drop rate and it was mentioned that it was card rate, is this the same for the other rarer drops? For example if you look at the Angels, we've found 8-10 Sacred Missions at 0.11% and zero Diablos Mants at 0.04%. Or Golems, 20 or so Cross shields at 0.16% and zero Skins at 0.04%.

We're either the unluckiest people in the world or something is off here.

Edited by Themes, 10 November 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#8 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

Please consider adding Yellow/Red Gems to the Mail Annex NPC. Right now they're obtainable through exchanging Blue Gems in Payon but its pretty slow/annoying.

this please

#9 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

I agree with the sentiment on ice titans, while I don't personally get any use out of the event, I think pretty well anyone who isn't well established on the server is playing there at the moment, and without something going in to replace them it would really discourage people.

#10 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:14 PM

I agree. Leave titans in. I never use it either but it's really nice for newbies.

ps. tolrin and xellie upvoting each other what is this sorcery

Edited by Cinquine, 10 November 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#11 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

Aren't Ice Titans way too hard for newbies anyway?

#12 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:02 AM

It's actually very newbie friendly since the only role you need to be decently geared in your party is the mobber.

It's also pretty nice for new players to learn about basic partying behaviour (things like not attacking the mobs until they reach the tank...)

#13 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

not really, no. i mean, a level 40 thief and acolyte using npc gears are probably not going to be partying it up in ID3, but compared to other dungeons of that difficulty, a couple of level 70 characters with not that great gear could do well in ID3. there is also greater variety for classes that can play and kill there, especially when you compare it to AL3. when they had the AL3 event going on, there were really only several necessary classes (LK or paladin to pull, sniper, scholar, high priest, and minstrel). if you didn't play those classes, unless you had friends or were in a guild, you probably didn't get into a party. and you needed better gear for AL3 than ID3 imo.

i've tried going to ID3 several times during the event and honestly the large standing parties ruin that map for people solo'ing or for people trying to do small walking parties. so even though this event is not benefiting me, i think it should stay in to help people get levels.

Edited by Ecclesio, 11 November 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#14 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

exp/h @ id3?

#15 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:38 AM

P good solo on 2x and ti, party kinda -_-

#16 viru123

viru123

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:45 AM

Notes for the week: 

Rachel Ice Dungeon Turn in Event departs.

i thought we had an event replacing ice titans or its just titans going and no more turn ins?

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:03 AM

I agree. Leave titans in. I never use it either but it's really nice for newbies.

Tolrin started it.

#18 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:08 AM

Is October Box staying in? It's Nov 12.

#19 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:30 AM

Please leave titans in for a couple weeks, titans going away at the same time as an exp event will really hurt the new players on the server.

I agree with the sentiment on ice titans, while I don't personally get any use out of the event, I think pretty well anyone who isn't well established on the server is playing there at the moment, and without something going in to replace them it would really discourage people.

not really, no. i mean, a level 40 thief and acolyte using npc gears are probably not going to be partying it up in ID3, but compared to other dungeons of that difficulty, a couple of level 70 characters with not that great gear could do well in ID3. there is also greater variety for classes that can play and kill there, especially when you compare it to AL3. when they had the AL3 event going on, there were really only several necessary classes (LK or paladin to pull, sniper, scholar, high priest, and minstrel). if you didn't play those classes, unless you had friends or were in a guild, you probably didn't get into a party. and you needed better gear for AL3 than ID3 imo.

i've tried going to ID3 several times during the event and honestly the large standing parties ruin that map for people solo'ing or for people trying to do small walking parties. so even though this event is not benefiting me, i think it should stay in to help people get levels.

^

#20 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Can you do some research into the current drop rates from the Incarnations of Morroc please. During this event we've killed roughly 1400 of each of the three non ghosts and 700 ghosts (all with VIP and 50% with HE gum) while not actually getting any of the rarer items (Diablos Ring/Mant, Skin of Ventus or Cursed Hand). We've found all of the items previously over quite a lot more kills in the last few months (except Cursed Hand, I'm not sure they actually exist).

The drop tables are here:

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1918/
http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1919/
http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1920/
http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1921/

I'm aware that people asked about Diablos RIng drop rate and it was mentioned that it was card rate, is this the same for the other rarer drops? For example if you look at the Angels, we've found 8-10 Sacred Missions at 0.11% and zero Diablos Mants at 0.04%. Or Golems, 20 or so Cross shields at 0.16% and zero Skins at 0.04%.

We're either the unluckiest people in the world or something is off here.

. I'd like some research on this as am approaching the same quantity of kills there and if this is serverly nerfed drops I'd like to be aware of that. As this will let me know if it's even worth playing here also whe. Are we getting new world

#21 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:41 AM

fix the mail annex inn npc, not giving buffs atm

We will check this out. 

#22 iamvrypwrful