Freyja's Pub Chat - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Freyja's Pub Chat

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#126 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

Because of this, everytime someone enters a party a pinoy in that party thinks that everyone else in the party is pinoy.

Also, if I were a newbie(that does not understand any pinoy language) and I saw this on pub chat, I would quit right away(remember, not only pinoy languages, used it as an example since this particular screenshot is in tagalog).

The people in this particular chat have gone all out crazy because they know that not everyone understands.

pubchat.jpg

Edited by Lostac, 18 November 2014 - 02:11 AM.

#127 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

It's fine if they're talking among themselves in that bar (normal/party/guild/whisper/private chat). Not so much when they get on stage, grab the mike and do the same (public chat).

well they are not on the stage the other non english speakers just so happens to overhear their conversations 

if PH players want to address as much people as they can or like you said grab the mike,  they would use english 

....... I was speechless for a few minutes. What is this syndrome with young PH players nowadays where they think they're so special?

Public chat is made for ALL players, no matter what nationality. It's a chat where EVERYONE can read it and understand whatever someone is saying. No one is stopping you to use Tagalog in chat - just limit it to the usual PMs and stuff. 

A few Tagalog lines (2-4 convos) in pub chat is quite understandable, but these days PH players seems to dominate the entire effing chat that I decided to turn it off. I have to be honest: IT'S ANNOYING. 

By your message, you were saying that English should not be compulsory on pub chat at all since most Pinoy convos revolve around political jokes and internal issues, hence, the difficulty of trying to get the "joke" even with help of google translate. My question is: why would you even talk about it on pub chat? 

EDIT HISTORY: I accidentally submitted my post. Deym Enter key =,=

i dont think we're special, on the contrary why do you guys think english is so special that you feel the need to suppress other language 

2-4 lines X the dominating language of chat = ? 

why even talk in tagalog in pub chat? 

is that really much of a mystery to you? 

/w/n/p/g not always applicable for obvious reason 

if not so obvious 

/w =/= more than 2 people

/n =/= not in the same map

/p/g =/= not in the same guild

/specific ch might do but then people dont even use "N" to find party what more for casual chats 

Because of this, everytime someone enters a party a pinoy in that party thinks that everyone else in the party is pinoy.

Also, if I were a newbie(that does not understand any pinoy language) and I saw this on pub chat, I would quit right away(remember, not only pinoy languages, used it as an example since this particular screenshot is in tagalog).

The people in this particular chat have gone all out crazy because they know that not everyone understands.

pubchat.jpg

That is entirely a different issue 

And arent fair to use as basis for an argument

HHr = lots of Alt 

alt made them feel that their account is disposable 

let me ask you do you see such Chats in the non-english part of this forum?

#128 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:25 AM

Of course they would not do that on forums. We actually have moderators stalking around in case you don't know.

If you want a screenshot during non HH, yes I may be able to provide it to you once they start at it again.

Once again my main point is, if I am new and logged in to the game, and this is the first thing I see...I might just quit.

Right now the state of Odin's pub chat is still okay, if this goes on further only people who understand a certain language would be interested...

#129 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:37 AM

2-4 lines X the dominating language of chat = ? 

is that really much of a mystery to you? 

/w/n/p/g not always applicable for obvious reason 

if not so obvious 

/w =/= more than 2 people

/n =/= not in the same map

/p/g =/= not in the same guild

/specific ch might do but then people dont even use "N" to find party what more for casual chats 

Then learn how to adjust. Would the whole community really adjust to you and your so-called ideals? That's so selfish. Oh no no no, they should really adjust because we are the majority. OK. Well, majority of the players think PH talk is annoying and should therefore be banned from pub chat, so maybe you should adjust, too, if you catch my drift..?

PH talk on the public chat would be like gold sellers to other non-PH players. Gold sellers usually spam senseless chats on the pub tab, usually ignored, yes, and also, very much annoying.

As one commenter on the post said, if they know other players would spam pub chats with language very much foreign to them, then they should have just talked Italian from the very start and did not bother at all to talk in English. 

IMO, I've been playing a lot of MMOs for years now, and pub chats are usually used for newbie questions and such, not casual talk. Casuals would usually be located in Normal/Guild/Party tab. My head is aching as I think you're twisting all my statements to your advantage. And anyway, I think you're someone who likes to think Pinoys are special and superior and so royalty just because they're the "majority" and such so yeah... can't change your mind. 

why do you guys think english is so special that you feel the need to suppress other language 

But English IS special. It is the universal language, the one language where we can communicate with others. Are you ok? O.o You must really think Pinoys are superior to all. I did not say anything about aggressively suppressing the language, I'm just saying you should limit it to a degree where everyone can read pub chats with ease. Everything has limits, yknow?

if PH players want to address as much people as they can or like you said grab the mike,  they would use english 

Public chat is for addressing to as much people as they can, or, like Nereida said, "grab the mic". It's called public for a reason. And no, Pinoys don't use English at all, hence the QQ on this thread.

#130 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:27 AM

Frankly I find it sad how most of the time in Freya I don't understand a word at all in public chat, minus a few words (ex.: assassin, party, so on).

And I loved how was even told to go back to Odin where I belong. :hmm:

Pft, I can play where I want thank you.

But yes, its a bit hard to play an clearly English game and then you have the "public chat" in anythinig but an languagae that few understand...

Not saying (like others already said) you can not use your language time to time within public chat.

#131 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

You misunderstood my post.

Speaking with fellow PH buddies using Tagalog is OK. Speaking it to others who can't understand is not. When you're in a grind party and at least one of the members aren't PH, then have the decency to speak in English so that said non-PH player can understand.

I praise my guild for forcing us to speak in English. That way, we can show respect to other non-PH players and learn English at the same time.

Main point: This is an international game.

I praise them too. as a non-ph speaker...

the thing is PH players arent talking to others 

they are talking to fellow ph players

you can try translating tagalog chats all you want 

but that doesnt mean they'll understand the context 

ex. local/political jokes/ one liners/ sarcasm

that is why using English on public chats shouldn't  be compulsory 

Well,from USA to China to Switzerland to Germany to Poland to Mexico to Chile I can tell you first hand, one thing is a closed PRIVATE CHAT to a PUBLIC SPEAKER...

an in all those countries English is handled as the international language for tourism and business... 

Frankly I find it sad how most of the time in Freya I don't understand a word at all in public chat, minus a few words (ex.: assassin, party, so on).

And I loved how was even told to go back to Odin where I belong. :hmm:

Pft, I can play where I want thank you.

But yes, its a bit hard to play an clearly English game and then you have the "public chat" in anythinig but an languagae that few understand...

Not saying (like others already said) you can not use your language time to time within public chat.

Yesterday I have a ph player apologize to me when surprisingly I revealed I don't speak Tagalog...

Since the server open, is the first time one apologized... almost a month later since the server opened... also after a lot of jokes about my shorts were made and they tried to duel the heck out of me and finally got tired and told me to activate dueling... I don't care for dueling outside of Colo to be true.

#132 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

adding to my last post... channel 3 is not freaking public chat!!!

I already give up on using 1 but keep the fight on 1...

#133 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

Basically as said, in Freya little to no control on the chats there.

#134 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:28 PM

Of course they would not do that on forums. We actually have moderators stalking around in case you don't know.

If you want a screenshot during non HH, yes I may be able to provide it to you once they start at it again.

Once again my main point is, if I am new and logged in to the game, and this is the first thing I see...I might just quit.

Right now the state of Odin's pub chat is still okay, if this goes on further only people who understand a certain language would be interested...

See... if there are chance of being persecuted for inappropriate language then they wont do it

they do it cause they think their ALTs are disposable 

Then learn how to adjust. Would the whole community really adjust to you and your so-called ideals? That's so selfish. Oh no no no, they should really adjust because we are the majority. OK. Well, majority of the players think PH talk is annoying and should therefore be banned from pub chat, so maybe you should adjust, too, if you catch my drift..?

PH talk on the public chat would be like gold sellers to other non-PH players. Gold sellers usually spam senseless chats on the pub tab, usually ignored, yes, and also, very much annoying.

As one commenter on the post said, if they know other players would spam pub chats with language very much foreign to them, then they should have just talked Italian from the very start and did not bother at all to talk in English. 

IMO, I've been playing a lot of MMOs for years now, and pub chats are usually used for newbie questions and such, not casual talk. Casuals would usually be located in Normal/Guild/Party tab. My head is aching as I think you're twisting all my statements to your advantage. And anyway, I think you're someone who likes to think Pinoys are special and superior and so royalty just because they're the "majority" and such so yeah... can't change your mind. 

But English IS special. It is the universal language, the one language where we can communicate with others. Are you ok? O.o You must really think Pinoys are superior to all. I did not say anything about aggressively suppressing the language, I'm just saying you should limit it to a degree where everyone can read pub chats with ease. Everything has limits, yknow?

Public chat is for addressing to as much people as they can, or, like Nereida said, "grab the mic". It's called public for a reason. And no, Pinoys don't use English at all, hence the QQ on this thread.

I think we are superior? enough with such argument you know itll just come back to you, i could easily twist your argument because there is just too much hole in them 

im merely advocating for everybody's right to use their own language 

if we are talking to English-only speakers then will use English 

if we use Inappropriate language then punish us

I praise them too. as a non-ph speaker...

Well,from USA to China to Switzerland to Germany to Poland to Mexico to Chile I can tell you first hand, one thing is a closed PRIVATE CHAT to a PUBLIC SPEAKER...

an in all those countries English is handled as the international language for tourism and business... 

Yesterday I have a ph player apologize to me when surprisingly I revealed I don't speak Tagalog...

Since the server open, is the first time one apologized... almost a month later since the server opened... also after a lot of jokes about my shorts were made and they tried to duel the heck out of me and finally got tired and told me to activate dueling... I don't care for dueling outside of Colo to be true.

Experiences vary based on mine

outside of guild chat/party chat

Most people talked to me in english

Since my guild isnt a well known one and im a SM

most people that PMed me for party would speak to me in ENGLISH at first

until i tell them im from PH as well 

Edited by chaseme, 18 November 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#135 KandyAnnie

KandyAnnie

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

I don't mind if people talk in in their language, but why do pinoy have to type everything 3-10 times in all caps?

#136 Belledandy

Belledandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

I don't mind if people talk in in their language, but why do pinoy have to type everything 3-10 times in all caps?

I agree. I also don't like it when they are spamming Trade/Find Party chats in Public Chat. They do know the right channels but I still don't get it why some people don't want to use the correct channel.

----

I think what non-ph players are asking for Pinoy players is to refrain from using our language ALL THE TIME in public chat. Or maybe specifically during Happy Hour. I'm a little guilty of using Filipino in Public Chat but I try not to do that often which is not difficult since I'm not online 24/7. It's fun conversing with international players if you understand each other.

What the community wants for us PH players is to be sensitive to other players who don't understand or speak our language. And I guess that won't be hard to do, right? We can easily adapt to changes if we have an open mind. It's okay reading Filipino a time or two, but for an hour? With nonsense and just bashing? Not fun. *although I like to get popcorn and eat them while I read them, a good excuse to forget my diet* haha.

Edited by Belledandy, 18 November 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#137 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

image.jpg

Try going around mukas a bit, it's pretty common for some people to say this to you, even if they are not really sure if you are pinoy or not.

Actually, he even said "Di niya naman tayo naiintindihan eh" in a very bad manner. 

I would've at least moved if he spoke in an understandable manner.

Quoting myself

Naturally, if a massive line of pinoy chat continues on pub, others would follow making it look like a PH server more than an international one. Which in turn affects other chats.

Using ph as an example again because this is apparently the most common language we see other than english. Remember that private messages exists if you are talking to one person only. (There's also a private channel if you are a group of people, it's using /4 after you create that channel.)

Hopefully another version of non-english pub chat would come out so that everyone could be happy :v

Edited by Lostac, 18 November 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#138 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:59 PM

the easy way out that i took..is to filter all public, trade n find party chat..

focus in the game and live peacefully..

looking at so many language in the game make me wonder what the hell i doing there,,

confusing :p_ang:

#139 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

the easy way out that i took..is to filter all public, trade n find party chat..
focus in the game and live peacefully..

looking at so many language in the game make me wonder what the hell i doing there,,
confusing :p_ang:

But public chat is the only thing raising this game a little above "inusfferable".

#140 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:47 AM

Exactly. I like to pay attention and be a part of the chat but its so hard when can barely understand a word at all.

Its where we at times add in mini events and all as well.

If it was to just ignore the chat then why bother having it up in an online game......?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users