11/19 Jodie Foster Birthday Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

11/19 Jodie Foster Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#51 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

@Oda: just make sure the respawn timer is instant

@server: STAY AWAY ITS MINE AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Basically reverted to this  but with a 2 minute timer

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Hummm so it has the zoned spawns and a timer? Don't do that. Just reduce the timer pls

Edited by Xellie, 19 November 2014 - 12:42 PM.

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:06 PM

The Timer is reduced, the irowiki of the custom version had 5 minute respawns. 

Please try logging in now. 

#54 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

hi oda

#55 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

I have said this before and everyone agreed with me, and I will say it again. Something needs to be done to give more incentive to do Tierra BG instead of Flavius BG. As of now people only do BG to farm Flavius (let one side win without fighting). This is essentially because if you fight in Flavius the game will almost never end, however you can fight in Tierra and still end the game in a reasonable amount of time.

tl;dr make Tierra give more badges than Flavius so people can have fun while getting badges.

Does Tierra still have that player randomizer feature? If so, remove that, boost the amount of badges in Tierra, ditch Flavius.

OR just implement KVM already.

#56 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 November 2014 - 01:47 PM

i think Tierra is more fun than KVM

KVM will be farmed with AFK's almost all the time, when there's fighting then there's retards who want to cloak for 5 minutes and run in circles.

#57 Ralfi

Ralfi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:05 PM

i think Tierra is more fun than KVM

KVM will be farmed with AFK's almost all the time, when there's fighting then there's retards who want to cloak for 5 minutes and run in circles.

^

#58 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

First time ever playing RO I was hoping for the maintenance.. Expecting a new TI event. Guess I'll never get to 99 without being leeched. What a bummer

#59 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

KVM will just get expoited really bad (30k+ KVM badges a day) and then once people are done with that they will just bug it out so nobody else can farm it. The staff will then just put it into a lucky box since people will be upset and it will make them money and more people will be upset.

It is almost like we have been through this before on a previous iro servers....

Thy should just put KVM rewards purchase able via normal bg badges if they are going to put it in at all. Also take the surgestions above me concerning TG, it's a very good idea.

#60 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

idk how people exploited KVM in the past, but the KVM I remember was epic. Maybe it was worse for you on Ymir? Valkyrie was really active and I remember hearing Kaden and Pistola abused it but I was under the impression they were stopped.

If they can't fix KVM then they need to put in rewards available through BG badges or something. Maybe make flavius give BG badges and Tierra give KVM if Tierra is more fun

Edited by Scuba, 19 November 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#61 Sumicoon

Sumicoon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationRacoon artist alley
  • Playing:RO Valkyrie Uprising
  • Server:Alfheim server

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

I read this and suddenly felt like playing again.

Changes to biolabs to make it more attractive to level in

Then I read this and was like meh:

(not HW instant spawns)

Then I read this and remembered why I stopped playing classic:

changing previously demon type monsters there to demihuman (less equipment switching), removing monster skills that push you away from your party and increasing the reward to leveling there.

Long time ago, we used to level there, clean areas before using them, snatch away pestering monsters, and tele others, and die and have fun and... is fun now meassured in how fast do you fill the exp bar only?

I'll keep lurking until a normal prerenewal server comes (maybe in a year or two more when nidd is implemented)

#62 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

idk how people exploited KVM in the past, but the KVM I remember was epic. Maybe it was worse for you on Ymir? Valkyrie was really active and I remember hearing Kaden and Pistola abused it but I was under the impression they were stopped.

If they can't fix KVM then they need to put in rewards available through BG badges or something. Maybe make flavius give BG badges and Tierra give KVM if Tierra is more fun

They eventually did a "fix", but it wasn't perfect. The problem is, based on how everything so far has been implemented on this server...... They wont put in the right KVM or the one with proper (kinda) "fix". I would bet money on it.

Best way IMHO to do it would be via BG medals and nothing to do with KVM. There are too many things that are too easily abused with KVM. Look at when they added it onto the server (no badges), it lasted like 3 rounds before it broke lol. 

IF they put kvm in, then they should make it through BG medals. If they can't put Nid in because of database issues, then they should have nid garbs drop from a new custom MVP that is super strong (actually requires a large party) on a 24 hour cool down timer. 

#63 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:06 PM

That last idea is amazing A+

#64 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

Please brainstorm and give me some stats/skills of a monster that would provide a significant enough challenge and I can look into this. 

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:32 PM

Rather have nid/nid instance, that thing is fun. Can skip the new world fields etc

#66 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

KVM rewards through BG would be cool, it would make BG SUPER active. Fix it so that people play Tierra and fight each other first though :)

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

Can they ban the BG bots first? Not trying to be difficult but ***** is constantly botting it.

Edited by Xellie, 19 November 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#68 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

Would be nice. It's actually pretty difficult to get into an active BG with high ping, and botters don't make it any easier. Especially obvious when that particular individual always stands on the same cell, always stops for about .5 of a second before polling the NPC, and somehow ALWAYS gets in first, appearing at the top of the BG NPC's chat participant list.

Every. Damn. Time.

I bet if you took BG Blues out or made them character bound (not saying you should do that), they'd stop botting it immediately. Huehuehue.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

or bot it more since it would be longer and tediouser

#70 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

Batholian map properly restored, with Anolians added to spawns

Mjolnir Dead Pit 1 map changed to classic custom spawns and the Tarou spawns have been doubled

Mjolnir Dead Pit 2 map changed to classic custom spawns and Martin spawns have been doubled

Mt. Mjolnir 1, 2, and 3 changed to classic custom spawns

Prontera Field 3 map changed to classic custom spawns and the Yoyo spawns have been doubled

Dimik spawn removed from Juperos Ruins 1

Underwater tunnel 1, 2, and 3 maps changed to classic custom spawns

Geffen Field 11 map changed to classic custom goblin spawns 

Morroc Field 1, 2, and 4 maps changed to classic custom spawns

oh my god oh my god OH MY GOD wonderful things happened. aside from the tastiness of batholians/jup my ranker won't be sad if he gets goblins now thank you!!!

xellie you can have jup FOR NOW but once i have to level my sd-sinx to be he's gonna be down there HEH HEH HEH

also i am totally for bio3 changes because i am biased and want e-z mode grimtoothing but i understand that this is probably not for the best. are more spawn changes up for debate? depending on what ranker missions i get i can search out more things.

#71 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:27 PM

Please brainstorm and give me some stats/skills of a monster that would provide a significant enough challenge and I can look into this. 

Champion of Nidhalmer (or w/e)   Mob-ID#6666

HP 12000000   (Use Bio 4 Champion sprite) 

Level 99

Race Angel

Property Ghost 4

Size Large

Hit(100%) 280

Flee(95%) 394

Base Experience 4000000

Walk Speed Very Fast

Job Experience 2000000

Atk Delay 0.33s    

Attack 39000-74000

Def 60

Magic Def 70

Atk Range 2 cells

Spell Range 10 cells

Sight Range 12 cells

Str 210

Int 220

Agi 50

Dex 220

Vit 15

Luk 90

Skills should be something like

Pneuma [Lv1]  Teleportation [Lv1]  Heal [Lv11]  Increase Agility [Lv10]  Decrease Agility [Lv10] Earthquake [Lv 10]  Multi-stage Attack [Lv 5]  Stun Attack [Lv 5]  Water Attribute Attack [Lv 5]  Body Relocation [Lv1]  Asura Strike [Lv5]

Maybe some more damaging skills as well. Have it have some mad OP spawn minions. 

Point is, it should be VERY VERY hard and time consuming to kill it. It should have a VERY VERY long respawn timer, like 24 hours. The nid mant will be one of the last items to have any value, we do NOT want it to become over saturated on the market like all the other gears. Maybe like a 5-7.5% base drop rate and throw in a GSB crate. Maybe throw in a Wind Element Twinblade (130 base attack, 3 slots) and a Earth element Twinblade (110 atk, 3 slots) as other drops at 5% each.

Do not make it easy at all, MAKE IT HARD AS HELL and make sure it doesn't spawn often. The biggest thing to take out of this....

Also, remove ice wall and reflect and eske from the map

There is no challenging MVPs in game. This would be the only one.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 19 November 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#72 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:11 PM

Fix yo links! What map/map configuration would be best suited for a fair, fun fight?

#73 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

I love the name @_______@

Also I think that monster might be too damaging. It's less an epic raid boss and more just something that players will suicide and res over and over and over.

Challenging doesn't mean "can kill you in one hit". Challenging means elemental shifts, status effects and environmental hazards. One hit kills are punishing, not challenging, and nobody wants arbitrary, unstoppable deaths. It should still have a crapton of HP though.

First, I think it should be Demon element. This has nothing to do with vision as it's boss protocol, but instead to do with Evil Land.

I think it should have it's own Reflect and Defensive Aura (NPC_DEFENDER, not the Crusader skill) skills, plus NPC_MAGICMIRROR Lv3 (60% chance to reflect magic), and Pulse Strike (NPC_PULSESTRIKE) or Sight Trasher to prevent melee lockdowns and endless tanking. Give it a few AoEs and also Ganbantein to kill the party's skills. Elemental changes should be accompanied with a very obvious effect to allow players to adapt (all these skills exist in the form of NPC_CHANGEELEMENTNAME). Everything has to be telegraphed to some degree, but no skills will be interruptable. The boss should also have plenty of debuffs and a dispel to throw around. It also needs to be hyper-active.

For statuses I believe the MVP should have access to NPC_DRAGONFEAR Lv5, NPC_WIDESIGHT to kill the cloaks of Grimtoothing SinX, NPC_CRITICALWOUND Lv3 to stifle (but not nullify) supportive heals, NPC_WIDESOULDRAIN Lv8 to kill SP.

I also think it should have Thanatos' Exile (NPC_EXILE). If someone wants to sit next to it for days and days, the MVP will tele him or her away from their party and prevent them from participating for a short time.

When at 5% HP, it should use NPC_SLOWCAST Lv10 and NPC_EVILLAND Lv10 followed by NPC_KEEPING, in an attempt to restore HP to itself. Actually killing the MVP at this stage will require a concerted effort from the party, as only a few players on a bunch of alts couldn't achieve the DPS required to out-damage Evil Land's regen. Someone will also need to act as bait for the MVP to prevent it from Slow Casting the entire party.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 19 November 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#74 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

Fix yo links! What map/map configuration would be best suited for a fair, fun fight?

I am not sure on what map would be best. I do not think it matters as long as the following criteria is met.

1. Must be a non-instant map. Needs to be similar to Valk or Satan Morroc to prevent instant run abuse. 

2. Eske and Ice Wall must be disabled. 

3. Must be 24 hour spawn.

4. Must have strong monsters on the map, similar to Valk or SM.

5. Grieving must be taken serious by GMs. 

There are storage's full of variant shoes and Valk drops ect. This is the last of the major gears to be released, it is vital to the server that it does not become over saturated as fast as d. robes or valk armors. For people that love to MVP or guilds getting parties it is important to make it very very challenging. 

@AlmrOfAtlas, the base damage is only slightly higher then Naght Siegar which was the inspiration behind the properties of the monster. More of just an example then anything else.

I just want to avoid the "challange dung" MVP easy mode lol. The MVPs in this game were designed a very long time ago. Abusing their AI, having better gears then when MVPs were origenally released, learning better tactics to deal with MVPs, and years of progression has made the old MVPs easy. 

I want to see an actual challenge in PVM that actually requires party play. Not like a party of 3 actives and alts, but a party of like 12 active players. 

Remember the days when MVPs first came out and there were scores of people trying to kill it because it was so hard? I would love to see something like that again, unfortunately it would have to be on a different scale. 

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 19 November 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#75 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:17 PM

thana_boss with the center raiser portion, statues and paths leading to the thana incarnation spawns removed.

Or 06guild_01.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users