• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#1 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

SO I am level 61, I have 45600 AP 250 DSS and do not want to run F1 maps over 500 times to finish that quest.
I also have over 3000 CP, but I cant get any sigils because every time Battle Square opens (once a day for an hour) IT IS IMMEDIATELY FILLED UP!
I would like to express my severe distaste for this and request an extension on the Battle Square, maybe even a full day where it is open and possibly some more rooms too.

This class change is, by definition, an insane task! Please Warp Portal, throw me, and all of us, a bone here. Make up for all of the server problems that have been going on lately.

Thank you

#2 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

I dont see any reason why Rank mode and BS should be limited to once a day. Getting the 3K CP would be easy IF PEOPLE OF MY LEVEL ACTUALLY PVP'D WHEN RANK MODE IS OPEN. Which they haven't the last FIVE TIMES INA A ROW. Seriously widen the level gap PLEASE.

#3 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:45 AM

The PVP is understandable, but the fact that you don't even consider the AP route and want an easy way out simply because you don't want to work for it is a bit selfish. What about the people who ran those maps 500 times to get the promotion? I'm one of them btw, I had 30kish AP when I found out about it. And I ran every map and got the master medals with the exception of paul, bubo, pyth. I was even lucky enough to have 69 900 AP and had to run another 30+ maps to actually get the 70k. Just work for it like everyone else...

#4 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

The PVP is understandable, but the fact that you don't even consider the AP route and want an easy way out simply because you don't want to work for it is a bit selfish. What about the people who ran those maps 500 times to get the promotion? I'm one of them btw, I had 30kish AP when I found out about it. And I ran every map and got the master medals with the exception of paul, bubo, pyth. I was even lucky enough to have 69 900 AP and had to run another 30+ maps to actually get the 70k. Just work for it like everyone else...

Some of us actually happen to play this casually and so this option is not viable.

#5 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:06 AM

Some of us actually happen to play this casually and so this option is not viable.

In what way is it not viable? Casually = 15 minutes of play time a day for you?

#6 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:07 AM

in that case - casually run MMs :unsure:

to get a boss medal one needs 2-3 hours per medal if you focus yourself. Basically you can get 1 medal a day. If one plays casual he shouldnt feel the pressures of success thus job changing in a week shouldnt be a big deal.

70k isnt a lot to be honest. It depends on someones gameplay style. I personally love quests and collecting things and not just level or pvp all day. So if one puts aside his ridiculous ambitions to only level up or farm money all the time without experiencing all that the game has to offer, 70k is a piece of cake.

Edited by Taomang, 14 November 2010 - 01:08 AM.

#7 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

in that case - casually run MMs :unsure:

to get a boss medal one needs 2-3 hours per medal if you focus yourself. Basically you can get 1 medal a day. If one plays casual he shouldnt feel the pressures of success thus job changing in a week shouldnt be a big deal.

70k isnt a lot to be honest. It depends on someones gameplay style. I personally love quests and collecting things and not just level or pvp all day. So if one puts aside his ridiculous ambitions to only level up or farm money all the time without experiencing all that the game has to offer, 70k is a piece of cake.

Thank you for saving me from typing a longer reply.

#8 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:17 AM

Or if you are rich, buy the sigils. :unsure:

#9 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

Exactly. Personally, I feel it's actually a bit too easy to level in the game right now for this exact reason. I see players talk about going from 1->50+ in less than a week, and it makes me want to cry. Some of us spent months and months reaching 60+ (it took me about 8 months total, I think, playing 4-6 hours a day, EDIT: not everyday, probably 4-5 days a week), and since it took so much longer to make it that far, we ended up doing more along the way, hence why most of us were at or around the 70K AP before 4th job was even released.

Edited by Rimmy, 14 November 2010 - 01:23 AM.

#10 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:38 AM

Hundreds upon hundreds of rocker f4 -.-, but unfortunately I'm one of those people who only play for the pvp

#11 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

Exactly. Personally, I feel it's actually a bit too easy to level in the game right now for this exact reason. I see players talk about going from 1->50+ in less than a week, and it makes me want to cry. Some of us spent months and months reaching 60+ (it took me about 8 months total, I think, playing 4-6 hours a day, EDIT: not everyday, probably 4-5 days a week), and since it took so much longer to make it that far, we ended up doing more along the way, hence why most of us were at or around the 70K AP before 4th job was even released.

I see players who only started when Gravity re-released the game and they are already lvl 50. When i first started i needed like 2 months to get to lvl 40 back in june 2009 (anyone remembers when all 4 players needed to stand on the portal to get to the next stage of the MM?).
Players here are focused on PVP thus everyone strives to lvl up and get good gear so they can compete, and the whole community has the impression like getting a +16 weapon with HLT and AIM is the only thing you have to do in the game. Like THAT is the real accomplishment. To each his own on how he wants to interpret Dragonica as, but i personally see it as a Streets Of Rage typa game, and not one of those Pokemon Naruto PVP games (is it balled Brawl? idk), and i love doing quests and i wouldve gotten all those medals even if there was no job change because i like to collect things.
PvE is easy, PvP is simply ridiculous on how poorly its designed in concept, so to me the only logical thing to do is just play a RPG game. If i wanted to play a pure fighting game id go and play Tekken and go on tournaments or whatnot where i can actually win money from my obsession compulsive competitiveness and i dont even need to waste money to gear up.

As someone mentioned in another thread lvl1-60 is a journey. So if you play like a normal human being you should have 70k in the end :unsure:

#12 ElatusLin

ElatusLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationThe Void Between Worlds

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

I agree with what has been said, but honestly the job changes requirements outweigh its benifits.
Some people dont like being thrown a "cool" ultimate skill a pasive and 1 real usable skill.
At least doing lavalon for job change you had a whole 20 levels of cool new skills, but for all the work for 4th job the rewards don't seem comparable to 3rd jobs rewards unless you already did the prerequisites. Just my two cents

#13 Moez

Moez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:37 AM

tl;dr
As far as how rewarding the 4th class change is compared to the amount of effort involved in achieving it: Personally I am a fan of the highly cosmetic aspects of this particular game.
That being said, not only the functional aspects of the growth of my character appeal to me but also the purely superfluous. When you get to the fourth class your class icon changes telling everyone you are very powerful along with the fact that, let's face it, the new abilities are really cool looking.

How often do people go into town to set off there most shiny spells? It's really a large facet of the game.Woo look at the big yellow dragons I can summon with the touch of a button.

When I saw some people activate their stuff and how cool it looked it made me want to class change as fast as I could.

The gear we are able to wear also becomes more intricate and bad@zz looking.

whatever my 4th class spells will do will probably be outweighed by how they look when i use them. That in itself is a reward not to be over looked.

IMO :unsure:

#14 Manx

Manx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:39 AM

considering my 3rd job was a big waste of time and space 4th job sounds more fun. Now I just need to get my AP...sadly I was 60 when we got this patch so my "journey" is technically finished.

#15 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:51 AM

TO those of you that spent the hours grinding for AP, if you can call doing the same repetitive monotonous task mindlessly for hours upon hours grinding, congratulations. You have done something I think is not worth doing. There is a lot to do in this game, I myself have been playing since august and did not level up over night (although I did breeze by the 50 lvl bracket pretty fast). I do enjoy this game, the social aspect and all of the game play functionality. I think that when one looks at the other job advances in comparison to this new one they will see that there is a vast gap in the degree of difficulty. I think that is something we can all agree with. Even the "new and improved" Lavalon is easier and more doable. There are people who do not have the time to invest for 70,000 AP and they deserve the same job promotion chances as everyone else at a more reasonable rate. Maybe that means they take the PVP rout, but Battle Square is open for 1 measly hour and always full as soon as it opens, and Ranked Mode is open for 3 hours and people your lever are probably not on for you to play then. This is something that should be changed. There is not logical reason to have time specifications on these PVP modes.

I have been grinding for AP for two and a half days now and am still not past 50k, believe me, if I had 3-4000 gold I would just buy the hero signs and move on with my in game life.

Oh and Taomang, there is an achievement for making a +9, +11, +13, and +15 enchant weapon. Maybe they just wanted to get 70k AP. ^^

#16 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

Either you're a hard core medal grinder and dss farm or you hopefully when battle square 10 times in a row/ buy sigils...

#17 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:02 AM

TO those of you that spent the hours grinding for AP, if you can call doing the same repetitive monotonous task mindlessly for hours upon hours grinding, congratulations. You have done something I think is not worth doing. There is a lot to do in this game, I myself have been playing since august and did not level up over night (although I did breeze by the 50 lvl bracket pretty fast). I do enjoy this game, the social aspect and all of the game play functionality. I think that when one looks at the other job advances in comparison to this new one they will see that there is a vast gap in the degree of difficulty. I think that is something we can all agree with. Even the "new and improved" Lavalon is easier and more doable. There are people who do not have the time to invest for 70,000 AP and they deserve the same job promotion chances as everyone else at a more reasonable rate. Maybe that means they take the PVP rout, but Battle Square is open for 1 measly hour and always full as soon as it opens, and Ranked Mode is open for 3 hours and people your lever are probably not on for you to play then. This is something that should be changed. There is not logical reason to have time specifications on these PVP modes.

I have been grinding for AP for two and a half days now and am still not past 50k, believe me, if I had 3-4000 gold I would just buy the hero signs and move on with my in game life.

Oh and Taomang, there is an achievement for making a +9, +11, +13, and +15 enchant weapon. Maybe they just wanted to get 70k AP. ^^

Have you picked up the Legend of Combo medal yet? I was only at about 50K AP whenever WarpPortal restarted the server, and I quickly went from 50K-->70K AP by getting that medal (I believe it gave me nearly 10K AP) + the medal for completing 300 adventure quests (I was about 12 away, initially). I'd recommend trying for the Legend medal if you haven't yet, that should help a lot.

#18 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:11 AM

I just wish the game had a little more variety. Basically, everything is just "kill all the monsters till you get to the boss". Of course there's F6 and the upcoming (or not) F7 so I cant complain THAT much

#19 Faithx

Faithx

Guide Guru

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:16 AM

getting legend of combo gets you over almost over 10k ap o.O (the medal itself gives like 8k or something forgot...but you'll probably get the other combo medals along the way to 10k combo)

deathmatch pvp medal gives 8k-ish (only the 1k one, theres two lower ones that ALSO give a good amount of ap)
elimination pvp medal gives 8k-ish (same as above)

that's almost 30k right there -.- (all medals combined in that area)
you just gotta have the motivation

#20 sowhatman

sowhatman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:40 AM

getting the 10k combo medal can give you up to like almost 20k AP according to the iah forum

http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=54909

and it shows what mm is most productive good lucks its not that hard

#21 Manx

Manx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:08 AM

getting the AP isn't DIFFICULT, just time consuming and monotonous. Try to do like 3-4 medals a day just as you play; run a few rocker runs or whatever and eventually you will hit 70k. Its good since Artis and Rocker were both reset with the new patches so you get to start all over! lol

The combo medals are almost a must, though I think you can go pvp or combo and still hit 70k with some to spare. It just takes a lot of time, and thinking 4th job isn't worth it is valid: 4 skills, most of which are terrible, an ultimate we can't use in pvp, and a passive that is USUALLY good. But remember there are 3 hidden skills we have yet to have introduced. Those 3 skills per class could change up a lot (if I get one more grenade someone is getting punched in the taco!)
Besides, do you plan on being 60+ wearing 5x armor or if you were lucky the dragon set for the rest of your game lifetime? Sooner or later you will fall behind in stats and being able to wear the newer armor (4th job only) will become necessary.

#22 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

Have you picked up the Legend of Combo medal yet? I was only at about 50K AP whenever WarpPortal restarted the server, and I quickly went from 50K-->70K AP by getting that medal (I believe it gave me nearly 10K AP) + the medal for completing 300 adventure quests (I was about 12 away, initially). I'd recommend trying for the Legend medal if you haven't yet, that should help a lot.

I have Legend of combo, and I have all of the boss medals up until Rokko. I don't have the 1000 pvp ones, because no one ever wants to PVP a lvl 61 pally even if i have no equips and let them kill me. If I die in pvp 1000 times I get a medal so I really don't care about winning. I just don't understand why this promotion is so much harder than the others. It would be easy if BS were open more than an hour. I would just keep joining that.

*sigh*
I have 1k gold and some equips that are "rare" but not worth much (Alvida hat, Knight Lord sword, and I can get a good Ellu crown)....is there anyone who is rich in this game willing to loan me the money or sigils? It's not like I'm going to go anywhere.

#23 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

If you were a hardcore PvPer before WarpPortal got the servers, then getting 70k AP would be insanely easy because of the PvP medal glitches back then. Still, it shouldn't take too long; I got from ~30k AP to 70k in ~10 hours without doing any mission map farming asides from vagabond -> kungka, which honestly takes only 20~30 seconds per map.

#24 Goldysticks

Goldysticks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

I agree it's kinda sad as well. I don't get why some people want to rush levels and not enjoy everything else the game has to offer. Even the quest line is one of the best I've read. I don't feel overwhelmed but I do feel the leveling is a bit too fast (probably due to exp event). However, the game does want people to grind and farm in a way. Grind for medals. Farm for equips and Chaos soul stones. Pvp farm. I think the game wants to take gameplay from a different route from the usual rpg but in the end it has almost the same concept of most rpgs. Grind.

#25 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

the AP route would be so much easier if i started at lvl 1 instead of 60 q_q waste of time boss farming for medals were i get no exp..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users