4th job promotion - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

4th job promotion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#51 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:52 PM

Original post was complaining about the difficulty of job changing. I don't think 70k is difficult at all.

That's fine and dandy that you don't, but he does
Maybe it'd help out a little bit if you suggested something worthwhile

#52 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:55 PM

That's fine and dandy that you don't, but he does
Maybe it'd help out a little bit if you suggested something worthwhile

My indirect suggestion was to run the MMs. He can farm items from pyth and arkah and gain some exp with the repeat bonus while getting the kills.

#53 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

What cause it's boring? How is it any different to how you got to 60+ in the first place? You never ran MMs/CSS/HD repeatedly? In order to even reach the point to promote you had to have done the boring monotonous grinding you keep complaining about. Regardless of whether it took days, weeks or months, it's still fact that you did it. Every 60+ should've gone through it, yet your complaining about it now.

Frankly every negative statement pertaining to the AP route thats been given can be summed up by "I'm too lazy".

Not completely irrelevant. He's saying that the thread starter is too lazy to do the MMs and seeks to find an easier route which caused him to even start this thread. I'd say it can be simplified to "Stop complaining about the 70k AP when you're just being lazy. Maybe if you actually took the time to run the MMs you wouldn't be complaining"

Mostly because some of the medals which are practically required to get it are difficult to achieve. The 10K combo one, while possible, is the most tedious thing I have ever attempted. I had more fun CSSing for 3 days to level once than I had attempting to get that stupid thing. The PvP medals are even worse. Not everyone has time to PvP FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT and unless you have a friend who is willing to Log Out and take 1000 losses for you its gonna take that frickin long. And grinding isn't nearly as bad. At least when I do that I can make some money off it. Other than maybe 4 of the medals, none of them are worth getting other than the sole purpose of getting the 70K AP for class change. You dont get a damn thing out of this.

It has nothing to do with laziness. Not everyone is a mindless hardcore robot who grinds for 8 hours a day. Some of us are people who this game was originally targeted toward, before Barunson started catering to Maple Story migrants.

#54 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:11 PM

10k combo medal is the most tedious thing? It's so easy and takes at most 30 minutes depending on your class. It might be a bit harder for Warmages though. And logging out in practice PvP doesn't give a loss. Usually people make a 1 v 5 room, and each person logs 200 times.

#55 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:15 PM

Mostly because some of the medals which are practically required to get it are difficult to achieve. The 10K combo one, while possible, is the most tedious thing I have ever attempted. I had more fun CSSing for 3 days to level once than I had attempting to get that stupid thing. The PvP medals are even worse. Not everyone has time to PvP FOR 10 HOURS STRAIGHT and unless you have a friend who is willing to Log Out and take 1000 losses for you its gonna take that frickin long. And grinding isn't nearly as bad. At least when I do that I can make some money off it. Other than maybe 4 of the medals, none of them are worth getting other than the sole purpose of getting the 70K AP for class change. You dont get a damn thing out of this.

It has nothing to do with laziness. Not everyone is a mindless hardcore robot who grinds for 8 hours a day. Some of us are people who this game was originally targeted toward, before Barunson started catering to Maple Story migrants.

No one ever said you had to grind 8 hours a day. Running an MM takes a few minutes especially at your current lvl. All the MMs take what a few hours to get the master medals. If you saw my previous post you'd see that I got 40k+ AP of that. I don't own a single PVP achievement, I've played maybe a max of 10 games back when I was 40ish. You state that time isn't an issue. So how is running an MM for an hour or two a day so difficult? Yes it'll probably take you a week or two to get the promotion but we're not considering time here, simply the viability of the option. Stop assuming that you have to be mindless grinding robots to achieve 70k AP...

Edited by Seronix, 14 November 2010 - 11:16 PM.

#56 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:18 PM

10k combo medal is the most tedious thing? It's so easy and takes at most 30 minutes depending on your class. It might be a bit harder for Warmages though. And logging out in practice PvP doesn't give a loss. Usually people make a 1 v 5 room, and each person logs 200 times.

I forgot they removed losses. Its still tedious :unsure:

And yes 10K combo is easy. FOR SOME PEOPLE. But some people lag. And all it takes is one second of lag to completely ruin it. My friend did spent 3 hours STRAIGHT trying to get the damn thing. I've attempted to twice and every time I get to 5K+ the counter reset for no reason at all. NO lag no thing. It just resets DURING A COMBO. Leveling to 60 is a long road. Hell im not even there yet (58) but it's 10 times more entertaining than making PvP matches and having someone log out over and over and over again. Or doing a Mission Map 100 times (WTF PYTH). Or spamming emoticon balloons 100 times. Or going through a portal 3000 times ( I got about 600 more for that one. JOY.) Or dying and being revived hundreds of times.

Leveling can get boring too, but its nowhere near as monotonous as this. Its not DIFFICULT as a whole. Its long and stupid. Its nothing more than artificial game lengthening.

No one ever said you had to grind 8 hours a day. Running an MM takes a few minutes especially at your current lvl. All the MMs take what a few hours to get the master medals. If you saw my previous post you'd see that I got 40k+ AP of that. I don't own a single PVP achievement, I've played maybe a max of 10 games back when I was 40ish. You state that time isn't an issue. So how is running an MM for an hour or two a day so difficult? Yes it'll probably take you a week or two to get the promotion but we're not considering time here, simply the viability of the option. Stop assuming that you have to be mindless grinding robots to achieve 70k AP...

You kinda just pointed out my point. I never said it wasn't a viable option. But the ability to do it has nothing to do with the complaints. People are upset because of time constraints, monotony, etc. YOu said people were just too lazy to do it. Dont assume thast why just because you think it was easy to do.

Edited by ApeKing, 14 November 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#57 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

What I don't is why people feel the need to change instantly. Everything in this game requires grinding. After you job change, guess what? More grinding.

#58 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

You kinda just pointed out my point. I never said it wasn't a viable option. But the ability to do it has nothing to do with the complaints. People are upset because of time constraints, monotony, etc. YOu said people were just too lazy to do it. Dont assume thast why just because you think it was easy to do.

Sorry it wasn't you complaining about viability but I'm certain that came up a few times.

Anyway...

So what if you're casual gamers? Then get the promotion casually. Take your time, however long it might be. Go do one MM a day or go through 2 portals a day or go pvp once a day. I'm sure even the most casual gamer can manage that. Time constraints? The 4th job isn't going anywhere. No need to rush. You simply see the task too difficult because the mindless grinding robots have already advanced and are showing off their shiny new skills and you want to as well. Your mistake is trying to stay at the same level as them. Frankly, you want to be able to compete with people playing ten times the amount you do. You're demanding to somehow allow casual players to be on equal footing as those hardcore players. A rather stupid complaint...

If you're not then good for you and this shouldn't even matter. If we're talking difficulty, Lavalon is much more difficult for the lvl 40s than this is for lvl 60s. This isn't at all difficult, just time consuming.

Edited by Seronix, 14 November 2010 - 11:34 PM.

#59 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:26 PM

Well, I usually just do the 5000 warp medal, 1000 PvP, 1k gold, 10k combo medal, and all of the MM medals up till around hookah or kungka. That brings it up around 70k. When you do the warp medal and PvP medal, you could just watch TV or something while doing that.

Anyways, OP said 70k AP is insane, when it really isn't. All you have to do is check the journal, look for artifact/legendary medals, and do the easy ones. Then look for special medals after the easy arti/legend ones are completed.

#60 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

So what if you're casual gamers? Then get the promotion casually. Take your time, however long it might be. Go do one MM a day or go through 2 portals a day or go pvp once a day. I'm sure even the most casual gamer can manage that. The 4th job isn't going anywhere. No need to rush. You simply see the task too difficult because the mindless grinding robots have already advanced are showing off their shiny new skills and you want to as well. Your mistake is trying to stay at the same level as them. Frankly you want to be able to compete with people playing ten times the ammount you do. Rather stupid complaint. If you're not then good for you and this shouldn't even matter. If we're talking difficulty, Lavalon is much more difficult for the lvl 40s than this is for lvl 60s.

You have COMPLETELY missed the point. It isnt about length and it isn't about difficulty it is about the task itself. If it took me a month to to class change I wouldn't care.

If it was entertaining.

But it's not. Its nothing more than BUSY WORK. If it was some extreme challenge I would be ok with it. But ITS NOT. All it is is padding.

Well, I usually just do the 5000 warp medal, 1000 PvP, 1k gold, 10k combo medal, and all of the MM medals up till around hookah or kungka. That brings it up around 70k. When you do the warp medal and PvP medal, you could just watch TV or something while doing that.

Anyways, OP said 70k AP is insane, when it really isn't. All you have to do is check the journal, look for artifact/legendary medals, and do the easy ones. Then look for special medals after the easy arti/legend ones are completed.

I agree that it's not at all insane. It is very doable. I just find it a little bit excessive.

Edited by ApeKing, 14 November 2010 - 11:30 PM.

#61 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

So what if you're casual gamers? Then get the promotion casually. Take your time, however long it might be. Go do one MM a day or go through 2 portals a day or go pvp once a day. I'm sure even the most casual gamer can manage that. The 4th job isn't going anywhere. No need to rush. You simply see the task too difficult because the mindless grinding robots have already advanced and are showing off their shiny new skills and you want to as well. Your mistake is trying to stay at the same level as them. Frankly, you want to be able to compete with people playing ten times the amount you do. You're demanding to somehow allow casual players to be on equal footing as those hardcore players. A rather stupid complaint...

If you're not then good for you and this shouldn't even matter. If we're talking difficulty, Lavalon is much more difficult for the lvl 40s than this is for lvl 60s. This isn't at all difficult, just time consuming.

This sums it up, I'll stop posting now unless a different complaint shows up.

#62 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:34 PM

yeah i started with 34k... and got to 70k in about 2 days. basically i already had last boy scout.. and then i did the combo medal (got me well over 10k AP because of all the smaller medals that came with doing a 10k combo) andddd then i did all the stupid ones like the 1000 emotes, 5000 ports. i did all the boss hunts up to like rocker. then i skipped around and did elluman and arkah, the 1200 ones. andddd then i just did a bunch of other medals to make up for whatever i needed.. I think i did the mailman one, the 100 fail enchant one, the early bird one, the party host one.. all pretty easy. :unsure:

70k NPPNP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yeah the pvp route is much harder... at least with the pve, you can count on YOURSELF. pvp takes daaaayssss... and is awaste of money to buy sigils, imho.

also for those who dont feel like doing the combo medal, DO IT. its worth it. 10k combo goes by a lot faster than spamming a high lvl boss 60+ times... i got about 20 elluman runs in in about an hour and 15 minutes ISH. it was like f1 spamming for abouuut 3-4 mins per run. so yeah, boss spamming takes FOREVER. i was able to do the 1200 arkah b/c i already had 20ish kills on her, so it wasnt hard to do f6 and get my teammates to give me the kill while we grind :) two birds with one stone.

#63 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Well in the end it comes down to a matter of opinion. We should just drop it.

#64 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

The definition of insanity if repeating the exact same task over and over again expecting a different outcome.
Lets see...I run Pyth 95 times, each time I run it again. The same click of the mouse and stoke of the keys (or button presses on the controller if that's how you play). Yeah....I would say it's pretty insane. Fact is that I am almost done with the quest. I had nothing better to do this weekend. It is not that the AP is impossible, it isn't, but it is asking a lot. As for the level 40 class change...I don't know about any of you, but when I was 40 (back in THQ) I soled him. Now when a level 40 needs to promote I run it for them. I'm level 61...let's see. If I need to class change now, I will do the same thing the level 40's and 20's do and ask the higher level players for help. Wait! They can't. I guess this one isn't easier, and it is a million times more monotonous.

The PvP rout has a lot of problems to it and they need to be fixed. More rooms in Battle Square and more time to play is something everyone can agree with.

And to the two people who keep bringing up my offline mode suggestion (which is off topic and you will all be reported for doing) Game Guard is created to stop any potential 3rd party devices from tampering with save data and launching during game play. This makes causes the ability of hacking an off like mode (either the drop rate or EXP rate or save data) virtually impossible. Also is a bypass is found then it will be patch immediately. That is, of course, if the devs get off their butts and fix any of the problems with this game. Oh...and for all of you who complain about hacks and what not, I suggest you look at :unsure: Dragonica. The Private or PIRATE server is one big hack of this game. All of you that played it have hacked, and I would like you all to STFU. Thank you!

Now, I am dropping the offline mode idea, and I suggest you all do the same.

Ape King, Kokaloo, thank you for being some of the only people on this forun that can pay attention to the topic at hand without flamming everyone for not being as "pro" as they are.

#65 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

The PvP rout has a lot of problems to it and they need to be fixed. More rooms in Battle Square and more time to play is something everyone can agree with.

And a rank mode with a wider level gap.

And servers that dont crash in the middle of Battle Square

#66 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

And a rank mode with a wider level gap.

And servers that dont crash in the middle of Battle Square

Those would be awesome too!
And less, or no, lag spikes in the middle of...anything.
And F6 maps that don't kick you out between stage 9 and 10. They get really annoying when trying to get 80 Arka kills, and help guildies level.

#67 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:58 PM

Those would be awesome too!
And less, or no, lag spikes in the middle of...anything.
And F6 maps that don't kick you out between stage 9 and 10. They get really annoying when trying to get 80 Arka kills, and help guildies level.

The F6 thing is a global bug. It happens on IAH as well. I heard if you let the timer run out on the last round it wont kick you. While it IS annoying getting DC'd (at very bad times) I'm not gonna get mad at Gravity for it. Their ISP is having issues (THEY PROBABLY USE VERIZON)

#68 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:02 AM

The F6 thing is a global bug. It happens on IAH as well. I heard if you let the timer run out on the last round it wont kick you. While it IS annoying getting DC'd (at very bad times) I'm not gonna get mad at Gravity for it. Their ISP is having issues (THEY PROBABLY USE VERIZON)

Then I suppose it is up to Barunson to fix it. It is something I hope they look into.
All I know about their ISP is that they are based in Cali, and some guildies and I want to go and have a word with them...a very forceful "word".
I know it isn't all gravity's or warp portal's fault, but they do need to get on the ball and patch some of these issues. Preferably with patches that work the first time and don't create more problems or take 3 hours to finish. Maybe some manual patches while they are at it...but those are topics for other threads.

#69 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:03 AM

The definition of insanity if repeating the exact same task over and over again expecting a different outcome.
Lets see...I run Pyth 95 times, each time I run it again. The same click of the mouse and stoke of the keys (or button presses on the controller if that's how you play). Yeah....I would say it's pretty insane. Fact is that I am almost done with the quest. I had nothing better to do this weekend. It is not that the AP is impossible, it isn't, but it is asking a lot. As for the level 40 class change...I don't know about any of you, but when I was 40 (back in THQ) I soled him. Now when a level 40 needs to promote I run it for them. I'm level 61...let's see. If I need to class change now, I will do the same thing the level 40's and 20's do and ask the higher level players for help. Wait! They can't. I guess this one isn't easier, and it is a million times more monotonous.

And to the two people who keep bringing up my offline mode suggestion (which is off topic and you will all be reported for doing) Game Guard is created to stop any potential 3rd party devices from tampering with save data and launching during game play. This makes causes the ability of hacking an off like mode (either the drop rate or EXP rate or save data) virtually impossible. Also is a bypass is found then it will be patch immediately. That is, of course, if the devs get off their butts and fix any of the problems with this game. Oh...and for all of you who complain about hacks and what not, I suggest you look at :unsure: Dragonica. The Private or PIRATE server is one big hack of this game. All of you that played it have hacked, and I would like you all to STFU. Thank you!

Ape King, Kokaloo, thank you for being some of the only people on this forun that can pay attention to the topic at hand without flamming everyone for not being as "pro" as they are.

Gameguard requires an internet connection. If you stay offline forever, they wouldn't be able to even locate a new update, and people would just back up and old version of gameguard and use it. I don't understand your extremely flawed reasoning for a completely ludicrous idea.

#70 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

Gameguard requires an internet connection. If you stay offline forever, they wouldn't be able to even locate a new update, and people would just back up and old version of gameguard and use it. I don't understand your extremely flawed reasoning for a completely ludicrous idea.

Game guard updates every time it connects. As soon as they turn the game on its gonna update. But GameGaurd is a PoS which companies need to stop using anyway. Its an intrusive TROJAN that's easily bypassed if you know how to.

#71 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

U arnt expetin anyting different u no ur outcom....

Y u assume we all playd on fake server???? It not hack anywat so again, ????

Also, way to give an argument and then step down from the topic.

#72 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:11 AM

Oh, and apparently stating the facts and saying that the idea of an offline mode is ludicrous, or offering input on how easy it is to obtain 70k AP is considered flaming. Anyone who agrees with him is supportive, and therefore is not flaming. I love this logic. Please stop flaming me Adept7. You're not agreeing with me! :unsure:

#73 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:13 AM

Lets all simmer down please.

#74 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

Who in this thread said anything remotely close to "expecting a different outcome" when running the MMs. The way you took the definition of insanity makes it synonymous to repetition. Doing something repeatedly isn't at all insane, it's a fact we all repeated something one way or another. What's insane is doing the same thing continuously for an extended amount of time. Something that isn't being asked of you from the quest. I'm pretty sure you don't have a time limit of some sort...

Also, when I say difficulty, I mean the possibility of actually accomplishing the task. The 4th job promotion is easier in that you are able to accomplish it on your own. With help from anyone capable of running the map, it becomes even easier...Yes it may be time consuming, but the only thing that would make it difficult is your mentality on completing the task. As for the 3rd job, yes it's possible, but 90% of the time, assistance from higher levels are required.[sarcasm] I'm glad there's always a higher level available to help the new players when trying to promote [/sarcasm]...Even with their help they are still 2 hits away from death. One stupid mistake or a lag can end their attempt. The way in which you interpret the difficulty is completely wrong. You admit that a higher level is almost always needed to help people advance at the 3rd job. Yet at the 4th job you need no such help from anyone...so which is more difficult? (The fact that you soloed Lavalon back when he was weaker doesn't change the fact that he's too strong as he is now)

I don't understand what point you're trying to make. Seriously out of this whole text 90% of it seems like some random babbling. Just let this thread end as you are making less and less sense as you post.

Edited by Seronix, 15 November 2010 - 12:18 AM.

#75 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

Also, when I say difficulty, I mean the possibility of actually accomplishing the task. The 4th job promotion is easier in that you are able to accomplish it on your own. With help from anyone capable of running the map, it becomes even easier...Yes it may be time consuming, but the only thing that would make it difficult is your mentality on completing the task. As for the 3rd job, yes it's possible, but 90% of the time, assistance from higher levels are required.[sarcasm] I'm glad there's always a higher level available to help the new players when trying to promote [/sarcasm]...Even with their help they are still 2 hits away from death. One stupid mistake or a lag can end their attempt. The way in which you interpret the difficulty is completely wrong. You admit that a higher level is almost always needed to help people advance at the 3rd job. Yet at the 4th job you need no such help from anyone...so which is more difficult? (The fact that you soloed Lavalon back when he was weaker doesn't change the fact that he's too strong as he is now)

I never said Lavalon wasn't difficult now. I did say that there are ways to make the promotion quest easier. One could level up more, or enlist the help of higher level players. When one is trying to complete the last class change there is no help available (unless you would like to consider having a friend log in and out of PvP as help, witch I will agree with).

You are also centering on only part of my original post. I did not focus on only the AP/DSS quest. There are problems, possibly greater ones, with the PvP rout.

All I wanted to do was point them out, and complain about the the mindless task ahead. I don't think that is a crime.

If one stayed offline forever then it wouldn't matter how "broken" some one was because they couldn't show it off in PvP. It would be like hacking in Half Life to recreate Springfield from The Simpsons. Again you're going off topic.

Oh, and apparently stating the facts and saying that the idea of an offline mode is ludicrous, or offering input on how easy it is to obtain 70k AP is considered flaming. Anyone who agrees with him is supportive, and therefore is not flaming. I love this logic. Please stop flaming me Adept7. You're not agreeing with me! :unsure:

And once again you are completely off topic. I never said you were flamming me, Yurai. I never pointed fingers at anyone for that, and yet you jump to the defense. I guess you have a guilty conscience.

Mods please lock this thread. I said what I needed to say. I would like to nip this in the bud.

Yurai, Please remember to stay on topic as not doing so is a violation of the forum terms of use and you can be banned for it.

Edited by Adept7, 15 November 2010 - 12:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users