Soulforce Success rate - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Soulforce Success rate

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Insurance and soul craft randomizers are super cheap, but horrible success rates. Hardly a coincidence.
Soon lucky stones and gatchas will be in the cash shop probably cheap too which will encourage people to just spend real money to get ingame resources instead of farming them.

I noticed that some people spend way too much money already so, yeahâ?¦ lucky stones ftw for rich addicts!

Players spending $200+ a month. Cool kid or candidates for public ridicule? Doesnt this just make pay to play cheaper?

#27 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:40 PM

P2p and play to win or f2p and pay to win. Time or money. That's pretty much how it works. I wouldn't be surprised if randomizers have a higher probability of giving certain "undesirable" stats than the good ones like hlt, agi, and aim. Soulcrafting too for that matter. Ever notice skeleton bandages seem to get defense more than anything else?

Rate changes, inventory size reductions, it's all about milking players. Still a fun game though. And nah, I don't think the players who spend a lot of money should be ridiculed. They are helping pay to keep the game running. If they have the money to spend, let them spend it on the game. Nothing wrong with that.

#28 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

And nah, I don't think the players who spend a lot of money should be ridiculed. They are helping pay to keep the game running. If they have the money to spend, let them spend it on the game. Nothing wrong with that.

Except when companies get the idea that milking players for all they are worth is easy and profitable. Looks like Cashonica has returned...

Edited by ApeKing, 14 November 2010 - 08:52 PM.

#29 killer916

killer916

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:1

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:38 PM

Really? Me too...

lol cool make me some money if ur in the corner alone XD JK

#30 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:42 AM

P2p and play to win or f2p and pay to win. Time or money. That's pretty much how it works. I wouldn't be surprised if randomizers have a higher probability of giving certain "undesirable" stats than the good ones like hlt, agi, and aim. Soulcrafting too for that matter. Ever notice skeleton bandages seem to get defense more than anything else?

Rate changes, inventory size reductions, it's all about milking players. Still a fun game though. And nah, I don't think the players who spend a lot of money should be ridiculed. They are helping pay to keep the game running. If they have the money to spend, let them spend it on the game. Nothing wrong with that.

If you spend more than $20/month on this game, you're going to have money problems later in life, or you have no respect for how hard money is earned.
I want to know where people are getting the hundreds and thousands of dollars they spend on this game.
Seriously, don't you have to make a living? Are you just wasting your parents' money?
I'm not jealous of this resource, I don't even play pvp, but I can't fathom wasting more than $25 on this game(if they fix IM, I'll consider more)
I really want to know how you can justify dumping that kind of cash into a game that has already been abandoned once, and appears to be going into that direction again.
Please! To me this is one of the great mysteries of my lifetime.

#31 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

If you spend more than $20/month on this game, you're going to have money problems later in life, or you have no respect for how hard money is earned.
I want to know where people are getting the hundreds and thousands of dollars they spend on this game.
Seriously, don't you have to make a living? Are you just wasting your parents' money?
I'm not jealous of this resource, I don't even play pvp, but I can't fathom wasting more than $25 on this game(if they fix IM, I'll consider more)
I really want to know how you can justify dumping that kind of cash into a game that has already been abandoned once, and appears to be going into that direction again.

I disagree, I work hard for my money and 20 - 200$ a month is chump change to me. I'm sure for those who don't have a job your Q.Qing as well try bargaining with your parents, offer to cut other peoples grass, or shovel peoples snow for them, heck do your classmates homework (obviously change things up a bit). My point being instead of getting upset about cashers having an advantage in this game, which has ALWAYS been the case for F2P whether be for sheer vanity sake or gamebreaking stats, do something about. Personally I think as long as the Cash Shop works as a catalyst I'm not opposed to it. I mind wouldn't shelling out some dough for weapon powders in the cash shop Certainly would knock down the price of the darn things in the market.

#32 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

I disagree, I work hard for my money and 20 - 200$ a month is chump change to me. I'm sure for those who don't have a job your Q.Qing as well try bargaining with your parents, offer to cut other peoples grass, or shovel peoples snow for them, heck do your classmates homework (obviously change things up a bit). My point being instead of getting upset about cashers having an advantage in this game, which has ALWAYS been the case for F2P whether be for sheer vanity sake or gamebreaking stats, do something about. Personally I think as long as the Cash Shop works as a catalyst I'm not opposed to it. I mind wouldn't shelling out some dough for weapon powders in the cash shop Certainly would knock down the price of the darn things in the market.

America is in a depression right now, I can't believe someone can actually get $200/month from their parents. And some of us actually support ourselves with our job and think spending ANY money on this game is ridiculous.No one is going to shell out money for someone to do something they can do themselves.
Like I said, I don't pvp so I don't care what kind of advantage these kids get, I just want to know HOW and WHY would you spend hundreds of dollars on this game.
People are losing their houses by the millions and some kid is spending thousands of dollars on a half-baked MMO.
And how can you work for a living and not take $200/month seriously? That's the difference between keeping and losing your home. That's the difference between eating and not eating.
It's disgusting to think people kill themselves when they lose their home and job, and some brat has thousands to dump into this game.

#33 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

I guess, you would say that eating out at a decent restaurant or going to the movies is also showing disrespect towards how hard money is earned. Honestly the game is just a form of entertainment. Spending money on the game and reaping the benefits is just something that some people find pleasurable. I'm not going to even try to compare the merit of spending money on the game with spending on any other form of entertainment, because the value of things is different for different individuals, and it would probably just lead to pointless arguing. I'm sure some people even consider donated to charity a waste of money, but it's all subjective, and some people are simply wealthier than others/have higher paying jobs.Imagine the starving child you could help with your 25 dollars a month, and then stop and think about about how you berate people for spending what you consider a lot of money on the game. I mean you can put yourself up on a pedestal if you want, and judge others for how they choose to use or "waste" their resources, but perhaps you should consider taking the thorn out of your own eye before helping people. I'm not judging you for being "wasteful" because I'm guilty as well, but honestly, why do you care how much people spend? If people can spend 1000 dollars or more a month on this game, and they choose to do it, all the more power to them. If you look at it another way, the people who are spending a lot of money on the game are paying the fee that all the free players would otherwise be charged for playing. They are paying, so you don't have to. If we consider the big spenders guilty, than I think everyone who plays this game needs to reevaluate him/herself.

Edited by Maronu, 15 November 2010 - 10:12 AM.

#34 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:07 AM

America is in a depression right now, I can't believe someone can actually get $200/month from their parents. And some of us actually support ourselves with our job and think spending ANY money on this game is ridiculous.No one is going to shell out money for someone to do something they can do themselves.
Like I said, I don't pvp so I don't care what kind of advantage these kids get, I just want to know HOW and WHY would you spend hundreds of dollars on this game.
People are losing their houses by the millions and some kid is spending thousands of dollars on a half-baked MMO.
And how can you work for a living and not take $200/month seriously? That's the difference between keeping and losing your home. That's the difference between eating and not eating.
It's disgusting to think people kill themselves when they lose their home and job, and some brat has thousands to dump into this game.

People spend lots of money on their hobbies, yet for some reason, this game seems to be overlooked as a hobby.

#35 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

People spend lots of money on their hobbies, yet for some reason, this game seems to be overlooked as a hobby.

I know videogames are a hobby. But if your hobby costs $200/month, then you might want to reconsider it.
If this were normal videogames, then you would buy a new game every week. If you smoked, that would be 10 packs a week. If you drink, that's 2 cases of beer per week. If you like movies that's 6 movies every week. $200 is roughly 2 new mangas every week.
A college credit hour is $84 at my local college, that's over 3 months. You could go to college for how much you pay for this game.
Having hobbies is perfectly healthy and normal and I would hope everyone can find something to enjoy. But when you compare $200/month to other hobbies, it's excessive.

#36 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:59 AM

Who says we're all little kids getting the money from our parents? I've been out of college for several years now. I've held a steady job the whole time and I work plenty hard to make money to support myself. Quite honestly, most of the cash-buying players I know (about 90% of them) are adults (or young adults) who make the money by working.

I budget a small amount of money to spend on things like entertainment (this game, movies, etc.). Over the last few months (during the game's downtime), some of that money accumulated so I spent a little more than I would otherwise in this first month back to the game, but as time rolls on I'll go back to my normal limit. If you're an adult and you know how to save money and not just spend it, you can afford a little extra expense from time to time. That's part of the fun and the benefit of having a job and working for your own money, and I'll take it.

#37 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

I know videogames are a hobby. But if your hobby costs $200/month, then you might want to reconsider it.
If this were normal videogames, then you would buy a new game every week. If you smoked, that would be 10 packs a week. If you drink, that's 2 cases of beer per week. If you like movies that's 6 movies every week. $200 is roughly 2 new mangas every week.
A college credit hour is $84 at my local college, that's over 3 months. You could go to college for how much you pay for this game.
Having hobbies is perfectly healthy and normal and I would hope everyone can find something to enjoy. But when you compare $200/month to other hobbies, it's excessive.

Pointing out cheap hobbies is incomparable. Also, I pay $1000 or so for one credit over 4 months, so that money financing my college tuition is a joke. I don't spend $200/month, or even $100 a month, but definitely more than the average player. I can afford to with the money I budget from work on the side, so why not?

#38 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

Who says we're all little kids getting the money from our parents? I've been out of college for several years now. I've held a steady job the whole time and I work plenty hard to make money to support myself. Quite honestly, most of the cash-buying players I know (about 90% of them) are adults (or young adults) who make the money by working.

I budget a small amount of money to spend on things like entertainment (this game, movies, etc.). Over the last few months (during the game's downtime), some of that money accumulated so I spent a little more than I would otherwise in this first month back to the game, but as time rolls on I'll go back to my normal limit. If you're an adult and you know how to save money and not just spend it, you can afford a little extra expense from time to time. That's part of the fun and the benefit of having a job and working for your own money, and I'll take it.

When a person suggests mowing lawns and asking their parents for money, that sounds like something a child would do. Look at the previous posts and you'll see why I believe these are mostly spoiled kids with this money. More people are struggling to get by than there are people throwing money away on stupid :unsure:.
Like I said, hundreds of dollars a month is the difference between keeping your home and living in low income housing. It's the difference between skipping dinner a couple times and eating every night.
Some people have to cut everything just to get by, and they don't have money for self indulgence. We just cut our phone line and switched to government funded cell phones. We don't have cable, and I can't afford to go back to college. Working 36 hours a week for minimum wage (which also means no full time benefits) doesn't allow room for much luxury. Internet is my only luxury.
All I see are people who have nothing better to do with their money than throw as much of it away as possible.
What did you tell yourself when THQ dropped Dragonica? Did you feel like that money was well spent?

#39 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

When a person suggests mowing lawns and asking their parents for money, that sounds like something a child would do. Look at the previous posts and you'll see why I believe these are mostly spoiled kids with this money. More people are struggling to get by than there are people throwing money away on stupid :unsure:.
Like I said, hundreds of dollars a month is the difference between keeping your home and living in low income housing. It's the difference between skipping dinner a couple times and eating every night.
Some people have to cut everything just to get by, and they don't have money for self indulgence. We just cut our phone line and switched to government funded cell phones. We don't have cable, and I can't afford to go back to college. Working 36 hours a week for minimum wage (which also means no full time benefits) doesn't allow room for much luxury. Internet is my only luxury.
All I see are people who have nothing better to do with their money than throw as much of it away as possible.
What did you tell yourself when THQ dropped Dragonica? Did you feel like that money was well spent?

Suggesting those things doesn't indicate age at all. In any case, with your ideals, we might as well become communist.

#40 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:04 PM

It was well spent, b/c I had more fun playing this game than I have playing console games in years (mostly b/c I felt like this game had an ongoing community as opposed to a roomful of strangers you play w/ for 30 minutes), and I would have easily spent just as much on console games as I did on this game in the time I played it.

#41 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

on the topic of money, if things are tight, pay for only what you need and save for what you're going to need later, if you're having financial troubles, maybe you need to rethink priorities. i've got a job and get paid less than $800 a month (part time, yes), i still pay for everything i need and save $300, its all about priorities and what you need. if people have the extra income to spend money on the game, good for them, they're doing well for themselves. theres no reason to criticize other people, just accept that the world is how it is, and people are going to spend money on what they want. i really appreciate the people who spend their money to give the rest of the community the opportunity to be as strong as, or at least come close to, the heavy cash users. it gives people who have the time and willpower to farm for gold a good chance. if people want to spend money to keep the game alive, then by God let them.

#42 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

Suggesting those things doesn't indicate age at all. In any case, with your ideals, we might as well become communist.

I'm not talking about ideals jackass. Being poor is not an ideal. Being poor means you have to wake up every morning and struggle. How you spend $1000 a credit hour I don't know since universities charge less than $500 per credit hour. Unless you're a retard and go to bryant and stratton, spending private college tuition at what is no more than a technical school.

#43 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:04 PM

I'm not talking about ideals jackass. Being poor is not an ideal. Being poor means you have to wake up every morning and struggle. How you spend $1000 a credit hour I don't know since universities charge less than $500 per credit hour. Unless you're a retard and go to bryant and stratton, spending private college tuition at what is no more than a technical school.

Posted Image
What do you want Kitana? Are you playing this game to look for people who will help you? Need a hug, a tissue, a check? Maybe some free gold? You yourself said that you would consider spending 25 dollars on this game, so how can you complain when people spend more? This forum isn't an appropriate outlet for complaining about financially related issues, and it really seems to me like you are either trolling, trying to guilt us, or both. Don't take your frustration about your situation out on the rest of the community.

As I said before, people who spend money on this game are paying the fee to keep it running for all of us.

I suggest we get back to soulcraft success rate discussion, before this thread ends up locked.

#44 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image
What do you want Kitana? Are you playing this game to look for people who will help you? Need a hug, a tissue, a check? Maybe some free gold? You yourself said that you would consider spending 25 dollars on this game, so how can you complain when people spend more? This forum isn't an appropriate outlet for complaining about financially related issues, and it really seems to me like you are either trolling, trying to guilt us, or both. Don't take your frustration about your situation out on the rest of the community.

As I said before, people who spend money on this game are paying the fee to keep it running for all of us.

I suggest we get back to soulcraft success rate discussion, before this thread ends up locked.

I spent $25 on this game over 13 months which is less than $2/month. What I want to know is, how someone can be ok with spending thousands of dollars on this game? It's not your responsibility to keep this game running, it is the publishers job. I would be willing to spend $10 more but they ruined the IM so that'll probably never happen.
All I can see is that people love wasting money. I just wanted to know why people think spending thousands on a free game is acceptable behavior.
Don't you see people buy things and wonder what they see in their purchase?

#45 LeeYoora

LeeYoora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:26 PM

Hello everyone,

Being a fellow game developer in society I read threads from all over the world and compare them. Being from Korea, I know how tough economic turmoil can be, especially when $1.00 is equivalent to around 1,121 Korean won. Spending money helps to keep free to play games running despite the facts that people seem to hate those of us who use the cash shop for our pleasures. The cash shop is purely optional and not needed, and your able to buy the products in the game from other players for the most part and receive gifts from them.

Fact of the matter is, Pay to Play games, even some of the ones here in South Korea are starting to change to a F2P structure. Take a look at Everquest II, and a few of the other games, the structures are changing with time. Why? The money us employees will get from it is tremendous compared to the previous structure of running a pay to play game and not receiving very much. With all the costs it takes to run a P2P game including: Server costs, website, development costs, team, and the list could go on.

I believe, that the harrasment towards those of us who have a job, or are rich and support the game with money is a bit ridiculous and not necessary. I am not saying that people cannot voice the free opinions, while those of us that spend may have less time than others to play, so those options that are available to us we are able to take instead of having to spend that amount of time we do not have. As to college, in a previous post I read $84.00 dollars per a credit hour, at college. However, now days you have to have at least a Bachelors to be noticed by many employers out there, and it takes a consider amount of time. The average money spent on a college education is around $60,000 dollars just for the education alone.

Being a graduate with a Bachelors, I have finished my education completely and obtained all the degrees I need to set me for life. In Korea, you take school serious and your education to the maximum extent as it sets the person for life. Having a proper education will help anyone succeed, and what they do with there money is there choice. All the basic necessities I need for my life are the essentials: Shelter, Utilities, Clothing, and Food. All of thse combined give me the essentials I need to get through my life and live into the far forseen future.

The expenditures I limit per a month, unless I really feel like pampering friends or myself. Every so often, I may spend $10,000.00 or more on a friend in need, or even myself if it is something I need. Not to say, I would spend $10,000.00 in a game, but I have a habit of rewarding myself for a hard effort and achievements earned through each of my tasks and goals. I save more money than not, and have no desire to use Cash Items unless I have lackiful time to play and need that extra sprinted boost and edge for the time I do get to play.

Closing off, I will say that people have to set the priorties and realize the responsibilities are up to them to create the future they desire. If they want to spend money on the game, and "beg" for parents money they have the right to do it. However, people that are pampered by parents never get the foundation they need to have a positive life and have everything handed to them. When your in Korea, you don't get things handed to you just like that and your expected to work for everything you desire. America and Korea differ interchanged, I just wish I could see some of the same influence from Korea hit the American families and see how they like working and saving every dime they earn to make there life rich and envious.

As to the rates of soulcrafting and enhancements. The chance everytime is 50% win or fail. The rates are nothing specific, and they are just weighted dice to make it seem like it is uneven probability. Even if you flip a coin 1000 times, you can't expect a 50% outcome all the time.

Thank you,

Lee Yoora Eun

Edited by LeeYoora, 15 November 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#46 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Server:...

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

I spent $25 on this game over 13 months which is less than $2/month. What I want to know is, how someone can be ok with spending thousands of dollars on this game? It's not your responsibility to keep this game running, it is the publishers job. I would be willing to spend $10 more but they ruined the IM so that'll probably never happen.
All I can see is that people love wasting money. I just wanted to know why people think spending thousands on a free game is acceptable behavior.
Don't you see people buy things and wonder what they see in their purchase?

I remember reading "hobby." If you get something you like it isnt unusually for you to spend a massive amount of money on it. Looks stupid to people who don't care for it but thats life.

#47 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

Kitana, you sound like the guy driving an old Volvo raging at the people who drive a Bentley.

Some people are better off/willing to pay more for things than others; doesn't mean you should think people are "lower" than you because you cannot fathom how they spend what they do.

#48 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

Great post LeeYora. Don't think your information about soulcrafting rates is correct, but I loved the rest. :3

#49 LeeYoora

LeeYoora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

Great post LeeYora. Don't think your information about soulcrafting rates is correct, but I loved the rest. :3

Hello Maronu,

Not just applying this to this game. I do not know the rates, and the programming syntax for this game in particular, but in the games I have developed most of the algorithms are based on a 50% dice and weighted to seem as low rates based on success.

Thanks,

Lee Yoora Eun

#50 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

How does my post make me a jackass? I simply pointed out some points that you seem to not agree with. With all that you're saying, it seems to me that you believe that people shouldn't spend excessively, and that poor people deserve better. These factors typically describe a communist society, where all people are equal and have the same living conditions. In addition, just because you cannot fathom how I can spend $1000 per credit doesn't mean I don't. For the record, I attend a prestigious public university, and am paying out of state tuition. Private universities cost up to $2000 per credit, so I assure you that my tuition is considered cheap comparatively. Again, you may as well quit this game if you want to make a point. As far as I see, you're leeching off the funds that these heavier cash players are spending to keep the game up. In this aspect, you are supporting the game by providing it with an extra player to their population.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users