Tiki Tuesday Community Spotlight for 11/18 - Page 2 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Community Spotlight for 11/18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#26 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:42 PM

hi, why is the mercenary scrolls obtainable via buy shop only? i want to transfer some of mine from my main account to my other account, but i cant coz you need atleast 1 in order to setup a buy shop which is ridiculous if you don't have any at all.

Lancer Swordsmen and Archer mercs can still be obtained by normal means

#27 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

Please fix the various pet bugs, do they really need years to fix~?

#28 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Can something please be done so that the Sign Quest doesn't take a couple of days to do it? One of the NPC's is only available from 5-10pm. Then another one has a 24 hour waiting period before you can talk to him again.

So far it's one of the longest & worse quests I've ran in to.

Edited by Razzez, 18 November 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#29 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Can something please be done so that the Sign Quest doesn't take a couple of days to do it? One of the NPC's is only available from 5-10pm. Then another one has a 24 hour waiting period before you can talk to him again.

So far it's one of the longest & worse quests I've ran in to.

Well it is supposed to be a long quest, although I remember complaining about the 5~10 NPC before because it was local server time so it made it awkward for international surts like myself to meet the deadline without setting an alarm~

#30 teitoklien

teitoklien

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

Renewal

I know it would be difficult, but is there any chance we could get Super Novice Fury working again for expanded novi's?

I almost exclusively play novice and having this fixed would make a huge difference for me.

Will the fishing event be returning soon? i didn't get a chance to capitalize on that, because i thought it was going to be a permanent thing.

Edited by teitoklien, 18 November 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#31 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

I there any plan to fix Classic pets? The old ones work fine but the newer ones (like Medusa) don't give any effect. It shouldn't take too much time since pet effects are usually pretty basic.

#32 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

I there any plan to fix Classic pets? The old ones work fine but the newer ones (like Medusa) don't give any effect. It shouldn't take too much time since pet effects are usually pretty basic.

I tried to raise an issue 3 years ago regarding the bugs with the Green Maiden Pet. I had to recently re-open the ticket to get to the bottom of it.

I think it is safe to assume (though I still will b***ch about it), that they don't have any interest in the pet system being fixed or finished.

#33 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

New world is not planned for Classic, since the amount of New World content available for the pre-renewal build we have is extremely small.

I think you underestimate the amount of content that the 'small' new world area delivers, especially in relation to some key end game pre-renewal items, such as nidhoggur's shadow garb and bradium shield.  Personally, I don't consider 6 field maps, 2 dungeon maps, a quest instance, and an end game MvP a small amount of content.

If the actual concern is a lack of room in the database for custom monsters (as I believe the new world monsters are currently being used) I think there has to be better places to find room for monsters.  Consider perhaps some of the ghost (no drop/exp) mobs summoned by MvPs, which I believe have their own monster ID.  Nobody is going to go farm turtle general's mob, or white ladies mob, or evil snake lord, or lord of dead anymore, and just using regular monsters for the summoned mobs of some mvps could free up a lot of space for custom monsters.

Not implementing the last of pre-renewal's actual content would, in my opinion, be quite disappointing.

Edited by Tolrin, 18 November 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#34 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:33 PM

I tried to raise an issue 3 years ago regarding the bugs with the Green Maiden Pet. I had to recently re-open the ticket to get to the bottom of it.

I think it is safe to assume (though I still will b***ch about it), that they don't have any interest in the pet system being fixed or finished.

Is there a problem with Green Maiden pet? it gives me 1 defense so I assumed it also gave the 1% DH reduction. Or maybe you're refering to the missing animation?

#35 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

Is there a problem with Green Maiden pet? it gives me 1 defense so I assumed it also gave the 1% DH reduction. Or maybe you're refering to the missing animation?

The missing animation :) From what I can tell, every pet bonus works correctly.

My few knit picks regarding pets were...

Green Maidens Broken (for nearly 4 years) animation
White Lady's portrait (it is a sprite, not the actual pet image)

Pet Talk Table is horribly incomplete

Things like this really.

#36 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:11 PM

hi, why is the mercenary scrolls obtainable via buy shop only? i want to transfer some of mine from my main account to my other account, but i cant coz you need atleast 1 in order to setup a buy shop which is ridiculous if you don't have any at all.

Lancer Swordsmen and Archer mercs can still be obtained by normal means

i appreciate the reply, but it doesnt really give me an explanation on why the scrolls are just obtainable/tradeable via buy shop. how about those people who wants the "MERCENARY SCROLL" but doesnt have a single scroll to start a buy shop?

#37 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:12 PM

I think you underestimate the amount of content that the 'small' new world area delivers, especially in relation to some key end game pre-renewal items, such as nidhoggur's shadow garb and bradium shield.  Personally, I don't consider 6 field maps, 2 dungeon maps, a quest instance, and an end game MvP a small amount of content.

If the actual concern is a lack of room in the database for custom monsters (as I believe the new world monsters are currently being used) I think there has to be better places to find room for monsters.  Consider perhaps some of the ghost (no drop/exp) mobs summoned by MvPs, which I believe have their own monster ID.  Nobody is going to go farm turtle general's mob, or white ladies mob, or evil snake lord, or lord of dead anymore, and just using regular monsters for the summoned mobs of some mvps could free up a lot of space for custom monsters.

Not implementing the last of pre-renewal's actual content would, in my opinion, be quite disappointing.

I'll farm LOD, just saying.

The could create a generic mvp support mob that multiple mvps use as their mob.

Edited by Eyjafjallajokull, 18 November 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#38 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

OD alt map coming in this week?

#39 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

4. Implement Lighthalzen boards for Lighthalzen spotlight?

Yes but maybe not this week

Yes, the new boards and fixes should be going in this week. 

I'm confused.

#40 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'm confused.

The Odas disagreed with each other.

#41 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:51 PM

The Odas disagreed with each other.

You guys need to stop playing around with that Rekenber clone machine.

#42 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

It's a real multiplicity situation over here. 

#43 rice2go

rice2go

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Server:iRO sucks

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

eta on 160 update and dragon breath getting affected by ranged and player resistance will be coming along with this update?

#44 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

You guys need to stop playing around with that Rekenber clone machine.

Oda wants to star in a remake.

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:57 PM

I have a question

Will you email me when the give-a--_-s start happening?

#46 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:09 PM

I have a question

Will you email me when the give-a--_-s start happening?

this week's tiki tuesday is over; please repost in next week's thread when it's available.

#47 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

i appreciate the reply, but it doesnt really give me an explanation on why the scrolls are just obtainable/tradeable via buy shop. how about those people who wants the "MERCENARY SCROLL" but doesnt have a single scroll to start a buy shop?

This is not a feature or limitation of the mercenary scroll. This is how the buy shop system works, period. You need a source item.

#48 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:45 PM

Well it is supposed to be a long quest, although I remember complaining about the 5~10 NPC before because it was local server time so it made it awkward for international surts like myself to meet the deadline without setting an alarm~

Why do you say it's supposed to be a long quest with the 24 hour waiting period on top of the 5-10pm wait. What other quests take a a day, & a half, to two days, to complete. It's only a preq quest, plus you don't get any rewards, & barely any EXP for doing it.

Edit: I didn't see an answer from Oda about this.

Edited by Razzez, 18 November 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#49 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:32 AM

you get like 5 million exp (7miil+ if VIP) all told if you go the full path.  even at 149 that's 5-7%.  it's the quest which gives the most exp reward in game.  i'm not sure what you consider to be a lot of exp then. 

you can complete it in two days assuming you have done all the item collecting and don't get owned by the dancing part.  the only waiting portion is the 24 hr wait in comodo and even that is probably reduced to 22 or so hrs with DST no longer in effect.  honestly it's not too long a wait for a quest that can get you 7 percent at level 149, especially since the monsters you encounter are at most in the low 100s and pose no risk to you at all.

if anything, the current spotlight quests are much less attractive due to your having to visit biolabs with doubled spawn rates just so that victoria quest can give you a 1.5 mil exp reward (VIP) for completing all her quests.

#50 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:36 AM

you get like 5 million exp (7miil+ if VIP) all told if you go the full path.  even at 149 that's 5-7%.  it's the quest which gives the most exp reward in game.  i'm not sure what you consider to be a lot of exp then. 

you can complete it in two days assuming you have done all the item collecting and don't get owned by the dancing part.  the only waiting portion is the 24 hr wait in comodo and even that is probably reduced to 22 or so hrs with DST no longer in effect.  honestly it's not too long a wait for a quest that can get you 7 percent at level 149, especially since the monsters you encounter are at most in the low 100s and pose no risk to you at all.

if anything, the current spotlight quests are much less attractive due to your having to visit biolabs with doubled spawn rates just so that victoria quest can give you a 1.5 mil exp reward (VIP) for completing all her quests.

Which full path quest is this?  Sorry if it is a very obvious question, but I can't find any reference to it on the threads above.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users