Patch Preview: Nightmare and Terror Armors - Page 2 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Preview: Nightmare and Terror Armors

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#26 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:22 AM

This set should never happen.

What you are doing is making all mall players quit this game.

There was a balance between 72 set and 89 set, 72 set gives CAD / SCAD but neither HP nor SCC / PCC, however 89 set gives SCC and HP but no SCAD / CAD / PCC.

This new set you want to add into the game is OP, for so many reasons.

1.No need even 1 cent to reinforce.

I know you dedicate in helping free players enjoying this game too, but the problem is free players should never as strong as mall players. However, this set makes all players become even stronger than mall players. Huh?

2.High DEF, HP, SCC / PCC, SCAD / CAD all in one.

This new set gives all the stats we need, even higher than all old sets. You can have high dmg cuz it gives SCC / PCC and SCAD / CAD, lots of HP, Cap DEF. No one will use other sets anymore.

3.My suggestion

Make the Potens set stats equal with stats of 89set +7. (Because free players can make old set +7 when there's a forge event, but still cost lots of lant without tool.) For example, the final stats of  Protector Potens HELM, (it doesn't matter whether it can be reinforced or not, I mean the final, strongest stats must equal with 89 set +7.) DEF around 200~300, HP around 50~100, SCC / PCC around 1~2%, SCAD / CAD around 20~30.

If so,

1.Free players have one more choice, and they can enjoy this game more. (This set is stronger than 72 / 89 set +7 and cost 0)

2.I think most of mall players won't camp the boss because it doesn't worth for them.

3.Also, players have on more choice to mix because this set gives SCC / PCC and SCAD / CAD, although each stats is not as strong as 72 / 89 set.

Sincerely, I hope any GM seeing this post in detail and thinking about it.

#27 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:31 AM

Nice new edition, once the bugs have been worked out I think this new boss might have some potential. The PK might just add the extra challenge that is currently missing from the Voxyon/Juggernaut raids.

Also, there is absolutely no good reason why players should have full armor sets from new bosses in the first week of them being launched. I really want this point to be understood by the devs. IMO, all new armor sets should take minimum of a solid month of farming to even some close to a possessing a full set otherwise its just a joke, yes even a month for the folks who just throw fistfulls of money at you and dont raid at all.

Good Raid Model:

S2 JS raid re-release (back then): full armor sets took months to collect (largely due to no raid resets and only being able to raid here once a week), you relied on your entire guild to make very long runs (2 to 5hour runs), it was incredibly challenging to go on a bunch of runs back then and not win anything, but when you did win something it actually was worth while and meant something. Some of my best memories of this game come from there.

Different but not necessarily good Raid Models:

Juggernaut (Still broken Korean translation: Jugger Nut, I do however enjoy the urbandictionary explanation of what this is though): Armor sets are easy to collect if you've figured out the pattern for when he would re-spawn (not hard to figure out), small party is needed, boss dies fast, some challenge with KS/PK. Winning an armor piece doesn't really mean anything because it's useless until you compound it. Not good, armors should've had some generic values to start with more than just defense.

Ex. "Oh sweet, I won this imperfect armor/weapon piece, oh shucks I cant use it until find all these material craps to compound into it, and I have to wait for a compounding event too, wtf is this?"

Voxyon raid: Armor sets are somewhat easy to collect, minimal challenge. Armor pieces are the same as Juggernaut in terms of uselessness once you've won. Also being bind on acquire is utter garbage. Once you've gotten your armor set from Voxyon there is absolutely no reason to go back there, Voxy doesnt drop enchants or anything else for that matter. Oh but what about those rumored "legendary weapons" you say, that crap doesn't exist except in the gullible minds of the players who bought into it. Honestly, nobody has one, so to this day its all nothing but super amazing snake oil that we've been sold.

Mare-Gall: ---->  Hopefully higher difficulty  <---- I would like this boss to engage players to rely on their guilds a bit more, if for nothing else than the open map PK assistance that will probably be required. I guess we'll wait and see verdict is still out and it's too early to speculate. Now as with Juggernaut, PK didn't matter too much since there are multiple copies of him out there if you find one and it's already taken you can just go look for another one. Also the daily quest on the Avatar of War is probably a great idea, just need to be in the winning alliance or else you won't get the quest completed; think of SoS event last year.

Offtopic:

• Devs, please fix the 100 Shard of the Nach Gate recipe. Its broken and I know you're aware of it so this is just a friendly reminder.
  • How the hell do you add tables to this forum? BBCode tables do not work here. Helium used a table: Here, but when I quoted it and flipped off the BBCode Mode (the lightswitch toggle, upper-left corner) in the editor to look at the code, all I got was smoke and mirrors as the table disappears when i reapply the toggle. Anyone wanna take a stab at explaining this to me? thanks.

Edited by Jabrody, 21 November 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#28 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:36 AM

"1.No need even 1 cent to reinforce."

"I know you dedicate in helping free players enjoying this game too, but the problem is free players should never as strong as mall players."

Haha, u serious?XDDDD

Free players never get any help (or really rare), GM keep doing things only for malls (bound on acquire), and the thing that u said...rlly u are just a greedy noob.

But why you complain so much?

+30 idiots will camp it 24/7...

Edited by Kazara, 21 November 2014 - 05:37 AM.

#29 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:59 AM

Its disappointing to read so many complains, when Gravity adds a Bonus drop that don`t have to be reinforced.

We all should welcome it - at least if you ask me. You have to spent Money to be able to execute that Raid.

And its a frigging lvl 89 Armor...how many free Players can even reach that lvl? and how many free Player will be able to get a Drop VS Veteran Players?

ya like none!  its exclusive Drop for the E-peen Kings on the Server. And up to the owners to put it into the AH/trade or not.

-

So the Concept of non reinforce able Stuff  is a welcome addition into my Eyes.

But for End level only? it might lead to even more lvl rushing , since there will be no Reason left to visit the older Bosses. Which is always such a Waste.

(*like Jabrody pointed out*)

Why not implant this Concept for all Bosses? and why can`t you add Drops in general to the Bosses? f.e. a Gold Box that can drop or a Exp. Box? not bound ofc.

So Bosses won`t lose there appeal over the Time.

So best would be to release a more overall Concept than putting it always only at the current lvl cap. It won`t attract new Players. And the old have there stuff since long together. 

#30 Demtd

Demtd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:04 AM

Reason so many people are annoyed is that the new armour is coming so soon after 89 vox. So people have already spent money for something that may be 2nd best already. It just shows why it's stupid to waste money of this game

#31 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:08 AM

you don`t even know when its coming out...might take half Year or longer.

And you have to be kidding if you did not learn your leason with the first Carus Set 

or should i say old rare 70 sets...

They do this Since start of s2 like 5 or 6 Years. 

#32 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:16 AM

"1.No need even 1 cent to reinforce."

"I know you dedicate in helping free players enjoying this game too, but the problem is free players should never as strong as mall players."

Haha, u serious?XDDDD

Free players never get any help (or really rare), GM keep doing things only for malls (bound on acquire), and the thing that u said...rlly u are just a greedy noob.

But why you complain so much?

+30 idiots will camp it 24/7...

There was no DQ 70, 80, 85. You can't get any lant / exp from those quests.

The 89 set is so easy to get, and compound, too if compares to old 85 set.

Titan weapon is so fking cheap and as strong as +0 Trinity weapon or +30 ominous weapon, you can even just buy from AH.

There was no NM cell to compound, only ball, doll.

Still others things that I don't want to list all of them.

So, really you are just a lazy noob, not even playing this game, but asking lots of advantages.

Edited by YUMIR5, 21 November 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#33 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:13 AM

This needs to be an upgrade to current sets or it can GTFO !

#34 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:26 AM

since there will be no Reason left to visit the older Bosses. Which is always such a Waste.

yeah, nobody will ever raid JS, ET, RH, or Biskra will be just a waste of time, and I feel like those bosses were the best content in the game. They need to add daily quests or something that gives 1~5kk lant per raid and some sort guarenteed item of value for the older raids

#35 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

yeah, nobody will ever raid JS, ET, RH, or Biskra will be just a waste of time, and I feel like those bosses were the best content in the game. They need to add daily quests or something that gives 1~5kk lant per raid and some sort guarenteed item of value for the older raids

Ill get on-board with that, also with Sandyman's idea of exp/drop/lant buff boxes from bosses that could last a few days long. At least RH/Biskra/DC drops are now needed for the Mercs, its just too bad Infinity Atmas dont drop as well since each step requires them. Or even better still, Shards of Infinity could even drop since it takes 5 of those to compound into an Infinity Atma.

Edited by Jabrody, 21 November 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#36 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:47 AM

I'll just leave this here;

Raid Accessories

There is a very long list of useless items that drop from raid bosses. Nobody uses them, and they have no value except maybe what you can reduce them into.

The jewels from Dark Sanctum Blue + Red, Lord Werinuman, Biskra, Doom Cheras, all should be updated to have some base damage. People use reinforced jewels until Nightmare. Its not logic to have useless items from raid bosses and good items drop from common mobs. All these nice items with good possibilities, if they had renforceable damage..

#37 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:09 AM

We should see how they will implement it (and when) but the basic idea is good and should be applied to all the bosses. Free players will have the chance to reduce the gap from +30 players, so it will be more balanced (as stated here Potens will be weaker than +30, so there will be always someone that will upgrade to +30).

About camping I don't think it will be a big problem. It could happen in the beginning... but then? when the "campers" will have full set, why should they continue to camp? Also boxes are bound, so I think in few days the camp will almost disappear. See Jugger... at the beggining there was always somewhere, now you can find him so often alone.

#38 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:13 AM

There was no DQ 70, 80, 85. You can't get any lant / exp from those quests.

The 89 set is so easy to get, and compound, too if compares to old 85 set.

Titan weapon is so fking cheap and as strong as +0 Trinity weapon or +30 ominous weapon, you can even just buy from AH.

There was no NM cell to compound, only ball, doll.

Still others things that I don't want to list all of them.

So, really you are just a lazy noob, not even playing this game, but asking lots of advantages.

No, I am not lazy, but someone that says that free players must never be strong as mall players is just an idiot.

Ofc, u don't want that people get +30  because u get kicked in the azz very easy, probably u have no skill and u spent all ur moneys in this game.

#39 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

it will be a very big problem

1. people will continue to camp for lant to sell the armor

2. people stopped camping jugger only after trinity weapons were released about 2-3 years after jugger was...

Selling how? Spending tons of money to buy the unbind? Coz all the armors/boxes from the new bosses seems to be bound

#40 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

#41 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

Okay, I've read a lot of your responses and have seen a lot of good questions raised.

1) Is this armor set replacing your old one?

Maybe. Like I have brought up in a talk before, we want to make armor choice a thing. If these stats are good for you, great! If not, then stick with your current 89 armor. There are reasons why some of the stats are not higher than the other level 89. Some pieces will fill a gap in your gear that you might want to replace with. For auto attackers/ crit reliant people, this might fill that gap you might want where it takes you to a sweet spot. For tanks, this set is probably not for you, but if you want a damage side armor, why not?

Also note that the set bonuses are the same as before. That means that it will go along with your Voxyon armor sets. You retain your set bonuses! YAY!

2) Whats up with the Potens? Why is it not as great as it really sounds?

Okay here is the logic behind it. Potens is a maxed out reinforced version of the gear with only half the benefit of the random stats from the base one.

So lets say "Cool Armor Gloves" gives 30 str base, we also added a random stat booster that will randomly give it an additional 1-20 str when looted. So sometimes Player A will loot it, it will be 31, darn he got a low roll. Player B will loot it and get 50! Wow! He rolled the maximum. Player C gets Potens, he will always get 30+10 (half of the random bonus). This is so that even if someone has gotten a potens, when they randomly loot something and they get a 50 str version, it will still be an upgrade.

The potens is a fully reinforced item, so all the bonuses the player would get from a normal +30 would be automatically put on the armor value. Also the Poten version is not reinforceable and is a rare drop from the box.

3) Aren't the Max powered players going to just camp Mare-Gall?!

You guys gave us good points. We will re-evaluate how the loot will be done.

#42 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

What about patch 173? When we get it?
Anyway, he should drop 2 boxes For EVERY player that helped in the kill...like other games, so everyone have the chance to get full set.

#43 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

:ani_shy:

Edited by Unbound, 21 November 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#44 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

Okay, I've read a lot of your responses and have seen a lot of good questions raised.

1) Is this armor set replacing your old one?

Maybe. Like I have brought up in a talk before, we want to make armor choice a thing. If these stats are good for you, great! If not, then stick with your current 89 armor. There are reasons why some of the stats are not higher than the other level 89. Some pieces will fill a gap in your gear that you might want to replace with. For auto attackers/ crit reliant people, this might fill that gap you might want where it takes you to a sweet spot. For tanks, this set is probably not for you, but if you want a damage side armor, why not?

Also note that the set bonuses are the same as before. That means that it will go along with your Voxyon armor sets. You retain your set bonuses! YAY!

2) Whats up with the Potens? Why is it not as great as it really sounds?

Okay here is the logic behind it. Potens is a maxed out reinforced version of the gear with only half the benefit of the random stats from the base one.

So lets say "Cool Armor Gloves" gives 30 str base, we also added a random stat booster that will randomly give it an additional 1-20 str when looted. So sometimes Player A will loot it, it will be 31, darn he got a low roll. Player B will loot it and get 50! Wow! He rolled the maximum. Player C gets Potens, he will always get 30+10 (half of the random bonus). This is so that even if someone has gotten a potens, when they randomly loot something and they get a 50 str version, it will still be an upgrade.

The potens is a fully reinforced item, so all the bonuses the player would get from a normal +30 would be automatically put on the armor value. Also the Poten version is not reinforceable and is a rare drop from the box.

3) Aren't the Max powered players going to just camp Mare-Gall?!

You guys gave us good points. We will re-evaluate how the loot will be done.

i like but make bind on equip...without it its too limiting..making players venerable to scams.

#45 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:23 PM

Indeed, but the most important thing is not how much stats it gives...

We do care about it gives SCC / PCC and SCAD / CAD at one time.
If you really want to make a set like this, you should decrease the SCC / PCC and SCAD / CAD it gives.
Otherwise, as everybody said, raid Biskra, DC, JS...etc is just wasting time.

Edited by YUMIR5, 21 November 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#46 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:31 PM

No, I am not lazy, but someone that says that free players must never be strong as mall players is just an idiot.

Ofc, u don't want that people get +30  because u get kicked in the azz very easy, probably u have no skill and u spent all ur moneys in this game.

Oh, I got your point.

In a free MMORPG, free players SHOULD be as strong as pay players.

LMAO

#47 Demtd

Demtd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Free players can be as strong as mall buyers. Just takes a long time, work and reliable mall point sellers. Giving freebies that are as good as +30 Isn't going to help much.

You saw the state of 69 jump event when people were just given free crap.
I want to see a +1 version of this new armour to see how much it craps on those who have spent real money on vox armour,

There's surveys and other things on warpportal site that gives malls and you can farm decent lant in either lant form, boss drops, xeons collected etc for player bought mall which still means gravity get purchases. So most of those free players QQ about +30 are just lazy.

Edited by Demtd, 21 November 2014 - 06:08 PM.

#48 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

so you spent some Bucks on the last Equip and now your angry cuz. 

your scarred you could lose your e-peen advantages?! 

Hilarious! no no...the p2w Concept is not dead... and no its totally fun and not tiring 

to fight the same 50 Players for another 6-7 Years...those dam lazy bum People^^

There are only tons of old Post doing the Math how expensive the Game became but ya ofc.

the 10 WP from the daily free Vid. - that is most the Time broken ...can totally compensate for the hundreds of $$

And being scammed or banning for trading malls never happened and nobody left the Game cuz. of that. 

Newsflash: its not about how much you can spent (most here spent thousands over the Years ) there are no free Players^^

only 500.000 left - but  i guess you where to busy reinforcing your Gear...

it`s about balanced PvP... since the Game has not much other to offer.

But i guess some will always need some buy able Battlefield Advantages...what a Pity.

Sandy out.

#49 oktay89

oktay89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:06 PM

Put Gare-Mall in a dungeon like Titan Boss. Then the weaker players can get the drop too. Everyone will form his party. No PK, no camping

#50 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

Put Gare-Mall in a dungeon like Titan Boss. Then the weaker players can get the drop too. Everyone will form his party. No PK, no camping

This!. Bosses in dungeons are much better than in open map :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users