Patch Preview: Nightmare and Terror Armors - Page 3 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Preview: Nightmare and Terror Armors

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#51 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:47 PM

If you put him in a dungeon, mallhoes will have full sets in a week thanks to raid resets, and once that happens this new raid boss will become just as useless as Voxyon is to them now. I do not agree with instancing him.

#52 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Without dungeons only mallhoes +30 will get the new sets (coz they will pk everybody). With dungeons, they will get it fast, but also others will have some chances to get it.

#53 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

Yeah, better put the new boss in a dungeon, there are so many locations to put a new dungeon...

#54 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

Free players can be as strong as mall buyers. Just takes a long time, work and reliable mall point sellers. Giving freebies that are as good as +30 Isn't going to help much.

You saw the state of 69 jump event when people were just given free crap.
I want to see a +1 version of this new armour to see how much it craps on those who have spent real money on vox armour,

There's surveys and other things on warpportal site that gives malls and you can farm decent lant in either lant form, boss drops, xeons collected etc for player bought mall which still means gravity get purchases. So most of those free players QQ about +30 are just lazy.

Yep. Lant is so easy to get nowadays I'm surprised there are people out there tradding malls for it.

Haha and dont worry, lazy freebies bums are never getting to lvl 89 anyways =P

#55 sleepyTown

sleepyTown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:35 AM

If you worry about pk why not put this monster at nova lux where pk is not available. Dungeon isnt good at all where raid resets are just too available for mallwhores.

#56 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

Okay I will offer a solution.

Go ahead and instance him in a dungeon, BUT disallow raid resets for this dungeon for at least the first 6 months or longer.

Then everybody wins.

#57 HalfLife

HalfLife

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:09 AM

How will this boss look like ? Could you tell us .

I hope not as -_- as Voxyon

#58 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:15 AM

I really don't see the problem with raid reset. You buy them, you get more chances to get your sets. It's right if you spend money you get something more. You don't want to pay for reset? Well wait some more time before finishing your set. And also consider that almost everybody has already its own (reinforced) set, so the difference won't be soooo big.

#59 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:27 AM

Dungeon with no raid resets or open world with PK/KS where you will have to rely on your guilds for help, those are the only 2 options.

Dyshana why do you think it's okay for players to start playing one week, spend hundreds, and quit by the next week because they are full +30 with all the best gear and there is nothing left for them to do?

If you wanna get people to play a game everything can't be easy, there has to be a continued challenge otherwise they leave out of boredom. Then wham here we are with low population and we're all scratching our heads going "idunnowhahappened". There is real social value if you play with your friends and new ones you meet in the game, but it takes time to make that happen. If the new players come in, buy up all the best crap and leave, they add very little to no social value, and you wind up with the insidious cycle of not enough players for svs,foc,tb,raids,help. Nothing changes as we've all seen, time to change things and bring ppl back if the devs can pull it off. Quite simply getting all the new gear from raid resets in one week is not a solution its a major problem.

#60 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

Want people? Make this game a REAL f2p like other games, only cosmetics in mall, and then u would see thousands of players.

Edited by Kazara, 22 November 2014 - 05:35 AM.

#61 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:15 AM

I whole-heartedly agree with you.

#62 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

And what about putting the raid resets as daily reward or drop from bosses too? :D

#63 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

Dungeon with no raid resets or open world with PK/KS where you will have to rely on your guilds for help, those are the only 2 options.

Dyshana why do you think it's okay for players to start playing one week, spend hundreds, and quit by the next week because they are full +30 with all the best gear and there is nothing left for them to do?

If you wanna get people to play a game everything can't be easy, there has to be a continued challenge otherwise they leave out of boredom. Then wham here we are with low population and we're all scratching our heads going "idunnowhahappened". There is real social value if you play with your friends and new ones you meet in the game, but it takes time to make that happen. If the new players come in, buy up all the best crap and leave, they add very little to no social value, and you wind up with the insidious cycle of not enough players for svs,foc,tb,raids,help. Nothing changes as we've all seen, time to change things and bring ppl back if the devs can pull it off. Quite simply getting all the new gear from raid resets in one week is not a solution its a major problem.

Who would spend sooo many money for quitting after a week? Isn't it stupid? The problem is not getting the gears... the problem is the only thing a high level can do is getting the last set. For example, at low level you can farm/grind in AT, higher level WS, JS and so on... but when you reach 80+ there are no good places to farm/grind unless you are +30. I don't say to make everything easier, but give all the players (also the +0) a place where to play (getting less reward). E.g. 85->90, how many do something else than dailies? Dailies are ok (maybe they give a bit too much exp), but it's the only thing you can do. Nice dungeons for 80+? There aren't. Nice mobs without penalties? There aren't. Any nice place to have fun at 80+? No. The problem is not the raid reset but the lack of content for end-game. If they give us something to do, we can spend more time (and money) instead of just log, kill the boss, go offline, see you at next update.

#64 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:12 AM

There aren't any good dungeon after lvl 70...only RAIDs lol

#65 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:45 PM

If you are acquiring all of the new gear really really fast due to raid resets, then yes your argument is valid in that there is no new content for endgame players because you've already abused the hell out of it in one week and won your full armor sets. At that point there's really no reason to keep going there. Look at Voxyon, just look at that situation, that was new endgame content it was really cool for about a week or two, then wham, everybody won their gears and there was suddenly no reason to go back. Now that's partly due to raid resets but also it did reset on its own about 5 times a week (sunday, maintenance, tuesday, wednesday, friday) so there's that issue as well. Look at JS when it came out years ago: armor sets took months to acquire, you relied on your guilds to make raids, there was no raid resets then, it only reset once a week (twice with maintenance). JS kept players playing week after week engaged in achieving successful raids for high reward drops, you helped out your guild members win their sets and they helped you in return. This in-coming raid should be modeled after JS's style as much as possible even in an open map environment. If you find yourself having difficulty with PK/KSing then you should get your friends/guild to help you that's what they're there for! it should always be a high challenge/risk raid yielding a high reward, and with these incoming armor sets they look to be about the best pvp sets you an acquire in this game, finally an upgrade from the 72 scad/cad sets.

Also yea we do need more grinding dungeons with Mob Levels 88+, as currently there are penalties for endgame players in Secret Temple (level 82-85 mobs), Nightmare Crescent Dead Pit (mid 80s mobs), Numaren Treasure Dungeon 2 (87 mob), and Erunil Tower's non-raid boss bosses (all level 80) are all a bit of a let down as all those mobs are all less than Level 88 which is the cutoff level for Level 90 players to avoid those penalties you mentioned. A new grinding dungeon with non-raid boss bosses or dungeon mobs all higher than level 88 would be welcomed.

Edited by Jabrody, 22 November 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#66 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:05 PM

Agree with you Jabrody, but don't forget how some guild/hackers camped santa last year (almost preventing some players to get their quest done, just because those hackers were there for the drops.

And what you say would be good... but do you really expect something good from Gravity? We know that also a good idea, will always become bad if done by the actual devs/management.

#67 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 01:27 PM

Content seams always have to generate tons of Money first.

The released *Content*  we saw so far were all in strict combination with the Blacksmith Roulette. 

It`s good that we see now a Days some Previews

but thats only 1/100 from what some of us expect to happen.

Like user Friendly updates...TD/PD/Drop update...the List is endless.

Ya we know you can`t give updates for free but the First Year was clearly for you - next Year should be our.

#68 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Agree with you Jabrody, but don't forget how some guild/hackers camped santa last year (almost preventing some players to get their quest done, just because those hackers were there for the drops.

And what you say would be good... but do you really expect something good from Gravity? We know that also a good idea, will always become bad if done by the actual devs/management.

Yea I remember that hacker crap, this game really just needs more GMs on patrol to help mitigate this issue, especially during events, but I know this isn't likely to happen. All it takes is a couple malicious individuals and all the fun is gone for all the legit players. All we can really hope to do is Fraps those individuals and report them and see if that helps.

Yea you're right, if Gravity's mindset is purely on profit then this game will never revive and gain back it's soul.

#69 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

more open map bosses would work if...

gravity was capable of marking the boss as linked to the first hit player. at this point a kill steal would not be possible and any open map boss would be ligit form of killing somthing. no worries.

#70 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

....All we can really hope to do is Fraps those individuals and report them and see if that helps. 

This brings me back when i used to record 15-20 bots/cheaters and sent the raw footage to support and got an answer like:
"Thank you for contacting us, but sadly there is not enough proof to take any actions regarding this issue, please submit non edited screenshots of this matter....blabla"
PS: the video was in HD 1080p :D

#71 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

This brings me back when i used to record 15-20 bots/cheaters and sent the raw footage to support and got an answer like:
"Thank you for contacting us, but sadly there is not enough proof to take any actions regarding this issue, please submit non edited screenshots of this matter....blabla"
PS: the video was in HD 1080p :D

So it's your fault... with your HD videos you destroyed their Pentium 1 and now they cannot release the update 173. It's all your fault :D

#72 iBeast6

iBeast6

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:26 AM

maaaaaaaaaaaybe if it was put in Turba map ? no pk there...

#73 Dyskyer

Dyskyer

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Triffi's Protetor

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

Quite Francly...... put I dont have a care in the world for the new armor my LV75 is much more stronger than the "Potens Armor"

BLAH BLAH BLAH 

I actually want to see some LV 89 Weapons and Shields Drops instead with the new Raid Boss..... What do ya Say to that? 

#74 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

75 set? You mean the set with no scad, no scc, no hp, half the defence?

#75 Dyskyer

Dyskyer

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Triffi's Protetor

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

what are you talking about?

how long have you been playing this game?

are you sure you are talking about the right class or race of the character!!

Do you homework before you throw words with no understanding. 

75 set does have rising SCAD also rising CAD and rising CON as well as Rising SRD and LRD. Among that it has cool rising MRF. Great for Tanking and Raids.

IAMORIGINAL2009  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users