Sakray:175/60 Update Bug Thread [updated] - Page 2 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sakray:175/60 Update Bug Thread [updated]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

#26 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:53 AM

i found this about ranger camouflage ''buff''

Camouflage - Fixed a bug where a ranger in camouflage state could be targeted by single target skills.

and more things http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=95629

Missing Golden Aura (idk if u get it when u reach 160 or only 175)

•  New skills name in CAPS LOCK

»More stuff suggestion

•Elven Bow and Elven Arrow

•Crystal Blue,Wind of Verdure (for sorc new skill ''Elemental Shield'')

Edited by Hissis, 27 November 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#27 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

So are all skill updates/balances bundled in on the first patch to 160? Would love to know what changes happen within the 160 update, and what's left for the 175/60 besides the new skills.

#28 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

So are all skill updates/balances bundled in on the first patch to 160?

No. Not necessarily. The change to Dragon Breath for example, happened when the job 60 update and new skills came in.

#29 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

I see, it's a bit confusing since they dumped everything at the same time on sakray so I was thinking maybe they'd do that x_x

#30 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:12 PM

I see, it's a bit confusing since they dumped everything at the same time on sakray so I was thinking maybe they'd do that x_x

yeah...and if u search u will find a lot of new balances/little updates x_x

#31 cheril

cheril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:iRO Valk/Chaos

Posted 27 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

Temporal Boots PLZ!!!!!!! and a Way to enchant it and a way to enchant the Fallen Angel Wings [1] PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cheril, 27 November 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#32 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:54 PM

Class:Sura

Tiger Cannon deals more damage(~50k) when manually used in a combo than when automatically combined with Flash Combo(~30k).

For reference,it deals 27k without any combination.So i assume the extra 3k damage must be because of Flash Combo's attack boost.

Is this intended?

hope this is a bug, otherwise FC would be quite pointless lol

though the 4 sec attack boost, which starts as soon as FC initiates, is just long enough to allow for a slightly stronger manual combo or fast GoHs at the end, i'd probably just avoid FC if it stays this way

#33 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

•Crystal Blue,Wind of Verdure (for sorc new skill ''Elemental Shield'')

You can already get this on the right side of the fountain near the valkyrie.

#34 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:44 PM

You can already get this on the right side of the fountain near the valkyrie.

'-',hmm really? i was searching D:  ... ok,thanks

#35 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1231 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:51 AM

- Missing new skill cooldown and buff timer.

"- Changed the way skill cool-down timer is shown.

• Skills with >1minute timer will be marked in white and <1minute timer will be marked in red
  • This also affects Homunculus and Mercenary skills"

#36 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

•  New skills name in CAPS LOCK

They're using the name of the skill as it is in the game data files, the correct name is supposed to be different.
Eg: GX : Says DARK CROW instead Dark Claw, UNLIMIT instead of No Limits, etc.

#37 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:16 AM

Not related to the new skills but level 3 sorcerer insignias don't increase their corresponding element magic damage at all.

Checked again, they seem to be working just fine.
Are you sure got the levels and areas right? 
Like, Fire Insignia only increases your own and party's fire spell damage if it's level 3 and you're standing on it.
Correspondingly, if your target is standing in a Earth Insignia of any level, it takes more damage from all fire damage.

Here are my results, as of 11/28/2014, 06:00 am Pacific Time.

Normal level 1 Fire Bolt: 311 damage

287lk6e.jpg

While standing on Fire Insignia level 3: 462 damage

immi3a.jpg

While standing on level 3 Fire Insignia, and after placing an Earth Insignia on the target: 693 damage
2urs66s.jpg

#38 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:43 AM

Checked again, they seem to be working just fine.
Are you sure got the levels and areas right? 
Like, Fire Insignia only increases your own and party's fire spell damage if it's level 3 and you're standing on it.
Correspondingly, if your target is standing in a Earth Insignia of any level, it takes more damage from all fire damage.

Here are my results, as of 11/28/2014, 06:00 am Pacific Time.

Tested with Cold Bolt : works

Tested with Diamond Dust : doesn't work

Tested with Lightning bolt : works

Tested with Varetyr Spear(magic part should increase): doesn't work

Tested with Earth Spike : works

Tested with Earth Grave : doesn't work

#39 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 November 2014 - 05:57 AM

Tested with Cold Bolt : works

Tested with Diamond Dust : doesn't work

Tested with Lightning bolt : works

Tested with Varetyr Spear(magic part should increase): doesn't work

Tested with Earth Spike : works

Tested with Earth Grave : doesn't work

Okay, tested with the same. In all the cases, there is an increase, however a VERY small increase. I'm testing with no weapon, so there is 0 variance in damage otherwise.
Varetyr Spear does 6579 outside of the insignia, and 6644 inside. 

Diamond Dust does 1961 per hit outside of the insignia, and 1979 inside.

Earth Grave does 3269 per hit outside of the insignia, and 3298 inside.

EDIT: Irowiki says that the damage increase from level 3 insignias is "apparently" a fixed amount. This means that they were working the same way on live as well, no change.
Cold Bolt, Lightning Bolt and Earth Spike (lvl 1) each do 311 damage without insignias and 399 with. That's a difference of 88.
The increase from sorc spells was:
18x5 for diamond dust = 90
29x3 for earth grave = 84
Both of these are close to the original value of 88.
Varetyr Spear only received an increase of 65, probably owing to part of its damage formula being physical.

This verifies that the insignias only add a fixed amount of ~88.
I'm not sure how they work on kRO, but there has been no change in this particular patch. Perhaps needing a bugfix in general.

Edited by WolfTri, 28 November 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#40 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

It increased my diamond dust damage by 25 per hit but my cold bolt by 124(27%) per hit.

#41 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:32 AM

It increased my diamond dust damage by 25 per hit but my cold bolt by 124(27%) per hit.

25x5 is 125. That confirms the fixed damage. This fixed damage seems to change with your matk, and works differently for different spells. Bolts receive the full bonus, while 3rd job spells only receive 25% of your matk as a flat increase. I received a 79 bonus after removing the 2 bris that I was wearing.

Edited by WolfTri, 28 November 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#42 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

25x5 is 125. That confirms the fixed damage. This fixed damage seems to change with your matk, and works differently for different spells. Bolts receive the full bonus, while 3rd job spells only receive 25% of your matk as a flat increase. I received a 79 bonus after removing the 2 bris that I was wearing.

It's probably because renewal and pre-renewal multi hit skills are calculated differently.

Pre-Renewal:Apply flat reductions first,round down then multiply by number of hits.

Renewal:Multiply by number of hits,apply flat reductions,then round down.

So i guess LoV benefits the most for +1000 damage.

I'm going to edit the wiki for this.If you see any other differences,please let me know.

Edited by sb120495, 28 November 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#43 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:52 AM

It's probably because renewal and pre-renewal multi hit skills are calculated differently.

Pre-Renewal:Apply flat reductions first,round down then multiply by number of hits.

Renewal:Multiply by number of hits,apply flat reductions,then round down.

So i guess LoV benefits the most for +1000 damage.

I'm going to edit the wiki for this.If you see any other differences,please let me know.

Ah, didn't know that. That would explain it, and also means that they're working as intended, I suppose.

#44 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Do these lv increases also get applied to expanded Jobs that have 2nd Jobs. Like can a Kagerou go to lv 160 now or does the lv cap raise only apply to the main char jobs?

#45 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

Do these lv increases also get applied to expanded Jobs that have 2nd Jobs. Like can a Kagerou go to lv 160 now or does the lv cap raise only apply to the main char jobs?

They can reach 160/50... (Super Novice/Kagerou) but they cant pass 160 ... this is stupid... :wah:

Hope iRO can do something... because its not a bug... Its original from kRO (haters of expanded classes)

Edited by Hissis, 28 November 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#46 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:29 PM

They can reach 160/50... (Super Novice/Kagerou) but they cant pass 160 ... this is stupid... :wah:

Hope iRO can do something... because its not a bug... Its original from kRO (haters of expanded classes)

So they get this raise, but once the lv cap is raised to 175, they'll still be at 160?

Sigh that's silly, then expanded jobs will have the same problem they had before they got 2nd jobs, they'll fall way, way behind the main jobs, and future content in general, to the point that It's a waste of time even using them.

#47 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:33 PM

http://forums.warppo...s/#entry1975891

Please check this out and support it?

#48 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

So they get this raise, but once the lv cap is raised to 175, they'll still be at 160?

Sigh that's silly, then expanded jobs will have the same problem they had before they got 2nd jobs, they'll fall way, way behind the main jobs, and future content in general, to the point that It's a waste of time even using them.

i will still play as a kagerou but will be really sad and hard to get parties for leveling...

#49 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:41 PM

i will still play as a kagerou but will be really sad and hard to get parties for leveling...

Same here, atleast they're fun, and can handle the older content, but it really sucks knowing that they are gonna be unable to progress, as the game expands.

I main a Rogue/Stalker, and plan on buying a Asprika, which will also greatly help the Kagerou out as well, so that's two birds with one stone. However with that said, I don't think It's really viably possible, to get their Offence upto a 175 3rd job char.

If we could equip Transcendent weapons, it would be possible, since equipping 2x Twin Edge of Sieger(carded properly for the situation, so we'll need a bunch of different high plussed carded pairs) would go a long ways to fighting against the far fewer stat's our Kagerous will be getting. It would make a Kagerou as expensive to gear as a RK, but atleast Kagerous would beable to match the power level increase other characters will be getting.

Edited by Zoltor, 28 November 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#50 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

If we could equip Transcendent weapons, it would be possible, since equipping 2x Twin Edge of Sieger(carded properly for the situation, so we'll need a bunch of different high plussed carded pairs) would go a long ways to fighting against the far fewer stat's our Kagerous will be getting. It would make a Kagerou as expensive to gear as a RK, but atleast Kagerous would beable to match the power level increase other characters will be getting.

Ninja classes can't use one handed swords so Twin Edges are off-limits to them anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users