Master Level Quest Guide (No SM help) - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Master Level Quest Guide (No SM help)

21 replies to this topic

#1 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:53 AM

Ignore everything if you have a SM to help you anyways

Okay so a lot of random newbies have been complaining on how hard this quest is, to the point where they would even quit. Mainly because they think that the game is too easy, (Huge HP nerf on mini bosses on quests, etc).

Moving on to the point.

If you are completely new and the character you are taking ML quest will be your very first ML character:

Doing the quest with level 25 blue gear is possible, but if you don't know your class, this will be very hard. Remember to gear up properly before doing the quest rather than wasting so much money on potions and repairs, however there are a few ways around this.

1.) Graham Potions - They are about 400-600z more or less(also obtainable through Pandora's Boxes), an alternative would be hallowed pumpkins, but I'm not sure if people are still allowed to eat them now.

image.jpg

2.) Statue Buffs in Prontera - Choices are collector(+10% all stats) or Gladiator(+1000 HP)

image.jpg

3.) Dayr Special Nirvana Snake Soup OR Dayr Special Fried Back-Tail - allows massive HP recovery per 3 sec, even while attacking or moving around.

• Reminder: a stack is indeed expensive(around 500-1k), try looking for chefs that could sell you around 5-10 pieces.

image.jpg

4.) Vit Cards - Scratch Thieves/Golem(Gorem)(for the poor), Mummy & Requiems(for those who can afford)

• Your goal here is to stack five of these, I suggest hunting them as you could also get level 50 gears of your class.
  • Scratch Thieves are located in Road of Blessed. 
  • Golem/Gorems, you can buy them on Auction House, they are cheap from time to time. (Credits to Kupfner)

image.jpg

5.) Potions - No explanation needed here
6.) Movement Speed - Wind Elixirs, Guardian

• Use your guardian only if you feel confident that you are able to finish the quest, remember that it has a long cooldown.

7.) Join Friendly guilds even if all the members are afk, so long as they have guild passive buffs to help you a bit.
These Guild passives include:

• EXP (1-10%)
  • HP Increase(1-10%)
  • Drop Rate Increase(1-10%)
  • Attack Power Increase(1-10%)

8.) Spinels - These are given for free through Hourly Boxes (perfect attendance box)

• Use them when you have killed one, two or more mobs inside the arena, don't waste it if you have killed none.

9.) Strategy

• There is a way to separate the mobs, that's what your elixirs are for(use it before entering), notice that there's a room in the corner, run towards there while abusing your 10s invulnerability buff.
  • Try killing Rosary First, it can stun and nuke you
  • Repair your equipment after several attempts.

10.) If you still fail

• Get Arena Hard Gear, as well as the title "Fast & Furious" - Some people are willing to help, but yeah don't spam.
  • Don't give up, find ways. Re-read your skill descriptions on how they could help you.

11.) Debugging ML quest

• Upon killing a few mobs in the arena and dying, re-entering doesn't make those that you have killed to respawn back.
  • On your radar(upper right corner of your in-game interface), on the lower left part of it, there's a reset dungeon button, press it.

12.) Leftover supplies from your journey(mostly applicable if you've done your quests rather than getting boosted to 50 without doing them.)

• Magic Oils, Embroideries, etc - These can boost up your items further, Magic oils boosts your weapon MP, etc.
  • Conceal/Hiding Scrolls - if you have not used them on your previous quests, these will help you on gaining momentum if you have a slow computer(loading screen), or just for the delicious x2 damage.

13.) Summons. You should have gotten DNA fragments on your journey, I won't go deep in about pet guides, you can search them around the internet.

• Summons are mostly helpful for casters, as they have higher power value(MP)
  • Useful summons would be those that can deal normal damage as well as having DPS(Mermaid, Imp, Chon Chon, Peco). (Credits to iQuace)

14.) For class specific strategies, feel free to ask here. Me as well as other forumers are willing to help.

Edited by Lostac, 08 December 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#2 wingeduser

wingeduser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Freya

Posted 27 November 2014 - 05:44 AM

Those are some nice tips.

Questions:

Where can you get those graham potions and dayr foods? Are they being sold by NPCs? Are they cheap? Most players don't loot regular monsters and get tired of doing Khara so their zeny probably won't reach 400-600 zeny.

#3 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

Graham potions can be obtained through pandoras.

Dayr foods are crafts from chefs.

If you find yourself low on zeny and still fail with SM buff, gathering more gears and hunting scratch thief cards are your options.

Also, don't forget guild passive and statues.

Edited by Lostac, 27 November 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#4 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

for those who want to challenge arena or bapho,,collect theor gear..good way for increasing your stat..

some people prefer shortcut but i prefer do it the fun and challenging way..

i did that with my warrior, get over 10k hp and use aoe all the way in ml test without buff from anyone else..

took me a week though but i don't do boring shortcut..

most importantly keep elixir because elixir's cooldown does not stack with pot so you can do both without waiting pot to cool.

#5 1131131129203649980

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hi, i have a tip that you can add if you want

i didnt know those tips and i died a lot, what i did? i started the quest and run away from the teleport NPC to the end of the room,  when the mobs catch me i ran again to the npc and teleported fast to morroc, i abandoned the quest and re take, when i get in again all mobs where spread, two of them in the end of the room so i had a rly easy fight :P

Edited by 1131131129203649980, 01 December 2014 - 06:51 PM.

#6 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

Hi, i have a tip that you can add if you want

i didnt know those tips and i died a lot, what i did? i started the quest and run away from the teleport NPC to the end of the room,  when the mobs catch me i ran again to the npc and teleported fast to morroc, i abandoned the quest and re take, when i get in again all mobs where spread, two of them in the end of the room so i had a rly easy fight :P

I added that actually, but it's on one of my accidental double posts I edited that the mods have not deleted yet lol, thanks for reminding me :)

#7 1935130528072832270

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:57 AM

Any idea about where i can get some equipment for my lvl? i been trying to get from the dunggeons but i can't kill a boss alone =/ remember that it's being a complete newbiee (new player, new pj, no money to get good items, and ofc, since i need a party to kill a raid boss; no equipment)

PS: what is getting me sick of this game is the autistic perma PVE where you cant complete a dunggeon if you dont ask a master lvl player to babysit you due to the low amount of players ._.

Edited by 1935130528072832270, 06 December 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#8 Schwarzburg

Schwarzburg

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

Any idea about where i can get some equipment for my lvl? i been trying to get from the dunggeons but i can't kill a boss alone =/ remember that it's being a complete newbiee (new player, new pj, no money to get good items, and ofc, since i need a party to kill a raid boss; no equipment)

PS: what is getting me sick of this game is the autistic perma PVE where you cant complete a dunggeon if you dont ask a master lvl player to babysit you due to the low amount of players ._.

Pandora's Boxes can give you weapons, specifically the Green and Blue grades, that can pretty much carry you all the way to ML. As for armors, I find that even the ones you get from quests are sufficient.

As for dungeon crawling pre-ML without relying on other ML players: Good luck. It's not because of the low amount of players. It's because that it's so damn easy to level to 50 that you can skip dungeons. This isn't LotS anymore where you need to crawl up the dungeons just to get the XP and equips needed to boost you to 50. You will have to rely on ML players if you do however want to go through since they practically make up 99% of the playerbase.

#9 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

You can try grinding on scratch thieves, I cannot guarantee that you can get a blue or green level 50 gear of your class there, but at least you'd have 5 scratch thief cards.

After that, get statue buffs listed above, and a few dayr foods(do not buy a whole stack).

What is your class, by the way?

#10 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

I think for cheaper vit card u can get gorem cards instead scratch thief, my bet would be as cheap. But need to check price 1st.
And for that food i doubt any chef will make for it, u know foods and pots are abundant drops from guilds who get fort/castle, but foods are rarely used. Try apporach them to get some.

Edited by Kupfner, 07 December 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#11 1935130528072832270

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

if i was posting here, obviously i was lvl 50/50 -ranger-. (not a single dunggeon completed after iz cave ._.) and... yesterday, after a few hours of killing golems and joining partys for dunggeons without a good reward (items), i found the better guild i have ever seen. they helped me killing bapho for token coins to pass the quest, i'm killing mukas now ._.

its sad but... as Schwarzburg said, you need to rely on ML players. the ML quest is so damn hard if you dont have a lvl 50 gear and it's almost impossible to get one without help of a ML player =/

- want to play a MMORPG again

- download RO2

- go into a dunggeon

- get frustrated

- see how someone esle do the job while you sit back

- lvl up in morroc

- get a god gear

- look how you're into another PVP game disguised as a MMORPG game ._.

#12 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:50 PM

almost impossible but still possible..

back then there are no ML to help but there are still those who succeed on their own.

All my ML test i passed by myself without and buff or support from anyone else...no one kind enough to help that time

Never easy but that the fun parts(i think)..

Being a ranger or other class that have hiding skill is great advantage during the test.

less possibility to died without a chance to do anything.

#13 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

Added golems, good suggestion.

#14 iQuace

iQuace

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

I suggest adding "Mermaid Summon" ?

Its perfect for Magic Type Character. You can focus on watching your Mermaid kill all those 5. :D

EDIT:

If your on ODIN Server, well PvE Hard is the fastest way. 1 - 2 full runs is enough, 1run = 170 vp1. 150vp1 = 1 lvl50 equipment (Gloves and Hats only) at npc near Flight Service at Prontera. Not to mention those tokens that you can get inside.

ShinShan's Post here

why don't you try Odin server? Freyja server is new, if you want a more helping community, try Odin.. we have a lot of bored/willing to help/has a lot of free time/ slacking around/ nothing to do/ knowledgeable veterans and/or old players there..   :p_smile:

If your on Freya, hmmm. I cant help you with that.

Edited by iQuace, 08 December 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#15 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

Will add that, though I have not tried it yet.

Summoning mermaid does remove your invulnerability I believe, but it's always nice to have extra dps.

#16 iQuace

iQuace

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

I've done it with my sorc. Lvl 25 items(hat is lvl50), Pandora Weapon, F and F Title, Dayr food and potions. NO SM CURE.

6k HP. Mermaid doing 400/sec + Mermaid's normal damage. Done before my Dayr food buffs disappears.

#17 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Nice info! 
but you can just do bapho/pve and get ALL THE GEARS, and do it in first try with no vip etc etc xD

#18 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

If there are people helping you, yes. But that isn't always the case specially during HH, or x2 exp bonus.

#19 Ralphy01

Ralphy01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

Tried once doing the test just as I am. No buffs, potions, gears(just the freebie from job change quest), cards etc.

I was able to cast charge arrow 3 times and that's it. Mob is pretty weak in terms of def(at least the one that I shot first whom also I killed) but the damage is insane.

So now I get the point of all this prep. To increase my def and HP. @.@

Just hoping to bump with peeps to help out on bapho for the token which you can use to buy better gears if i understand it correctly; Same with colo winnings or bloodpoints. Is my understanding right? :3

Just started a week ago. And freyja seems like a ghost town.

WAIT:
It say on the TOP: Ignore if there is an SM to help out.
Meaning if there is a soulmaker who can give out buffs it willl be possible already?
Thanks

Edited by Ralphy01, 11 December 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#20 Stratum

Stratum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

Just hoping to bump with peeps to help out on bapho for the token which you can use to buy better gears if i understand it correctly; Same with colo winnings or bloodpoints. Is my understanding right? :3

While putting your BP towards Colo gears will certainly help you pass the ML test, it is also unnecessary. The more efficient option is to collect T1 raid gears from PVE/Bapho and use those to breeze through the test.

Both options are overkill, however, as any level 50 character can clear it with with just a Pandora weapon, no SM Cure or other gears required. The key is preparation, something which the topic creator has already detailed in his opening post: http://forums.warppo...help/?p=1974668

#21 Lostac

Lostac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

WAIT:
It say on the TOP: Ignore if there is an SM to help out.
Meaning if there is a soulmaker who can give out buffs it willl be possible already?
Thanks

Yes, as long as you have enough HP to survive nukes, I would suggest having at least 6k-8k HP if you have SM. Having a cure when you get bursted down makes it useless. Since you are a ranger, you could just camo in try to use arrow shower on all of them together if you have it maxed, then use multi shot and run.

If that fails, camo in go 20 meters away from your target(Rosary) and 1 hit him.

#22 Ralphy01

Ralphy01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

(Ranger Vulcan Type)
Done with the ML. Finished it in 3 tries after I got these things: 
No vit in stat. Pure STR. A lil bit of AGI.

-FnF Title
-Pandora Weapon
-Cure Buff
-Dayr Food
-Gorem Card (2) +28 Vit ea
-Brown Rackuf Card +10 Vit ea

-Grooming Thief Card +7 Vit ea

-Phyton Card +5 Vit ea
-level 50 Gloves green

-Level 55 Quiver Purple
-Used one spinel potion
-Used one wind elixer
-Used one Level VI red potion (i think)
-And the rest of my Equips are all freebies from LVL 25 job change
-HP was on 7.5k
-Fortress Occupation Effect Buff

1. Camo, dayr buffs, cure buffs, and all every other buffs available before entering the arena.
2. Killed Rosary first in 2 shots.
3. Then I randomly killed anyone i tab
4. Frozen and stunned couple of times but the cure and dayr buffs was a great help. (i dont know if it stack, didnt have the time to notice)
5. I wasnt able to maximize kiting because i was stunned and frozen or i dont really know what debuff was that. What i know is I cant move :P.
6. My HP reached 1/4, used the spinel potion once.
7. My HP went to almost none used the level 6 potion i think 1k hp or 1.2k hp recovery. It bought me time to do acrobatic and run.
6. With one opponent left, potions are all in cool down. Then the kiting begin with my last opponent. (barely made it, but i did phew)

I know am not that prepared yet, I just want to share that I did it on what I have in my inventory. :)

All thanks to this Guide and tips from other players.

SHOUT OUT TO RexDeorum Guild of Freyja server especially with XergoProxy who gave me all the assistance I needed. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users