Sorcerer's new outfit - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sorcerer's new outfit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

#26 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

If anyone wants the original link instead of Ziu's copypasta, you can check here.

Wow, AB and SC got SHAFTED. What happened, jRO?

If we can request these, is it possible to skip out on those 2 redesigns? I don't even play AB or SC and I still feel those are horrible.

#27 DualKick

DualKick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

As far as i know all those stuff were added to cash shop (or supposed to be added) on jro as altertative sprites, like the change color thing that we have.

#28 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

They're all still in production but "close to realisation". They also try to emphasise that those sprites are not representations of the finished product, and that they haven't published all of the ones they're working on.

It doesn't say anywhere on the page how they'll be implemented, as costumes or dyes or whatever.

#29 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

finally, they respected women by covering more skins.

#30 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:23 PM

I say we ask the GM team to request this ASAP.

I shall bug Oda about it every tiki tuesday until it happens. This would be the best thing to ever happen to RO imo haha.

Edited by Omnipheles, 30 November 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#31 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

some thoughts:
wanderer looks like shadow chaser
maestro looks like biochemist
What the hell is female AB? more skirt ripping to show divinity?
male ranger looks like leprechaun
warlock and male chaser look majestic

#32 kimmiethekookie

kimmiethekookie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAt the bottom of the cookie jar... :3

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

While I do like my charries clothed, I do not find the new Wanderer sprite cute at all... which is the primary reason I made one anyhows. XD 

I love the female RK though. It is super nice. I hated the whole flap thing at the front so now that it's gone, it's all good. 

I also loooooove the male RG. It is perfect now. I didn't like it as much before because I felt it was too bulky but now it looks all sleek and dashing. :3

May I just say what a downgrade the AB sprites are?! They look... ick. They are perfect as they are now. 

As for the sorcerers... hmmmm, I dunno. I think I like them the way they are. 

I NEED THE NEW GX SPRITES. Srsly. 

Ranger sprites are meh. Unnecessary but I kinda like the female one... I think. 

I am torn about the WL sprite though. The male one looks okay but the female one is... I dunno.  While I do like coats, I find that it lacks the appeal somehow.

All in all, if they added this to Cash Shop I am *definitely* saving up for that. I'm skipping the ones I dun like but for the rest, I'm deftie buying! 

#33 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:44 PM

The new Shadow Chaser sprite is ugly, but giving players a chance to change their sprite is an awesome idea.

01.jpg

Edited by ilovemilk, 30 November 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#34 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:56 PM

Seriously though, we need this and I would even buy the sprite for GX if it was 24k KP. That's how bad I need it.

#35 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

I need the new Warlock and Royal Guard sprites. That will make me play actively again.

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

If Shadow Chasers are supposed to be advanced thieves, wouldn't capes slow them down? Just don't see the logic behind that.

New Wanderer makes them look more ballet-like, which makes sense with the whole Dancer thing they have going on. The current swan feathers look like they quickly grabbed the nearest birds and plopped them onto themselves in a desperate attempt to cover up their girly parts. But hey, I don't play Dancers so to each their own.

New Rangers make me think of Robin Hood: Men in Tights, which works for the job class better than the modern military camo stuff.

#37 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

If Shadow Chasers are supposed to be advanced thieves, wouldn't capes slow them down? Just don't see the logic behind that.

a good thief doesnt need to be quick... they dont get caught... but they do need to be able to hide themselves and whatever they stole... also to me it seems like the SC class see themselves as thief royalty... so a cape kinda fits...

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

a good thief doesnt need to be quick... they dont get caught... but they do need to be able to hide themselves and whatever they stole... also to me it seems like the SC class see themselves as thief royalty... so a cape kinda fits...

If you want to get away with stealing stuff, being noticeable is the last thing you want to do.

Unless you're a stupid thief, then yeah, why not have a cape weigh you down? 8U

#39 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

New Wanderer Sprite: Does this come with buffs to wanderer skills?

New Maestro Sprite: A durable red coat and steel boots, looks less poofy and more solid.

New RK Sprite (m/f): The shoulder pads will be missed, I dunno which cape is better.

New RG Sprite (m): Welcome back cape! Long time no see! But no new female one? Does jro like the current one?
New AB Sprite (m/f): I like the shoulder things on the male, but the dress cut on the female AB doesn't make sense.
New Sorc Sprite (m/f): Old sprite looked better with the feather fluff thing, I dunno about the new one.
New GX Sprite (m/f): Yes! The new one is way better than the old skeletor covered in purple dyed ramen one.
New Ranger Sprite (m/f): Excellent! The male looks more agile and robin hood esque. The female looks like a beer girl.
New WL Sprite (m/f): Looks like the Warlocks have slain enough desert wolves to establish their monarchy.

New SC Sprite (m/f): Reminds me of some sprite from final fantasy, but wouldn't the cape be impractical for an SC that backslides? Wouldn't the SC trip?

tl:dr Buff Wanderer Skills / Yes to the new GX sprite.

#40 AvalonEir

AvalonEir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Server:Chaos & Thor

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

I've always loved the Sorcerer sprites, but I love these new ones even more. They're just perfect to me.

For GXes, well I've always hated their sprite but these new ones are pretty amazing imo. Although it's mostly just the cape that makes an obvious difference on a quick glance, I feel like it really improved their ragged appearance into something more prepossessing.

I really dislike the new female AB sprite...Seriously, they're cuter when they look mature and an like actual priestess, not when they're trying so hard to become the new moes of Midgard by having shorter skirts.

I don't like the new Chaser sprite either..but I suppose mugging and stripping people over the years actually paid off.

#41 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Too bad we wont see it for years on our server

#42 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:46 PM

I've always loved the Sorcerer sprites, but I love these new ones even more. They're just perfect to me.

For GXes, well I've always hated their sprite but these new ones are pretty amazing imo. Although it's mostly just the cape that makes an obvious difference on a quick glance, I feel like it really improved their ragged appearance into something more prepossessing.

I really dislike the new female AB sprite...Seriously, they're cuter when they look mature and an like actual priestess, not when they're trying so hard to become the new moes of Midgard by having shorter skirts.

I don't like the new Chaser sprite either..but I suppose mugging and stripping people over the years actually paid off.

Yea, the new SC sprite is pretty crappy.

You have no idea :) SCs, and Rogues in general are zenny making machines.

#43 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:50 PM

If you want to get away with stealing stuff, being noticeable is the last thing you want to do.

Unless you're a stupid thief, then yeah, why not have a cape weigh you down? 8U

Spy master don't spy by himself, and neither does a thief master. Also, a real legit thief who actually steals won't wear a uniform which brands them as a thief. Don't use too much logic in video games.

#44 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

No love for the merchants. They keep our world runnin' ya know.

#45 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:56 PM

doesnt SC cape look like SC NPC in el discastes square?

#46 kimmiethekookie

kimmiethekookie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAt the bottom of the cookie jar... :3

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

New Wanderer makes them look more ballet-like, which makes sense with the whole Dancer thing they have going on. The current swan feathers look like they quickly grabbed the nearest birds and plopped them onto themselves in a desperate attempt to cover up their girly parts. But hey, I don't play Dancers so to each their own.

New Rangers make me think of Robin Hood: Men in Tights, which works for the job class better than the modern military camo stuff.

The shoes do look very ballet-y, I suppose, but it lacks the general cuteness I look for in a sprite. Also, as someone who used to dance ballet, the outfit is a very difficult one to dance in and lacks the "flowy-ness" that would make it awesome. It just looks too... rigid. I mean, some of the costumes in ballet are meant to be rigid but they still have that air of softness about them unlike this one. Not that the current sprite is any better with its blatant nakedness and as you coined 'a desperate attempt to cover up their girly parts'. However, the current wanderer sprite brings to mind something like belly dancing (prolly roots from their gypsy origin) and ballet - like they could do a grand jeté and stuff. If they could make a more conservative one but still preserve that lightness then I am all for it. 

Oh my, why didn't I notice the similarity?! You are absolutely right! They do look like they're from that movie. XD Since I do not play a male ranger, I didn't really pay attention. HAHAHA. But I'm not too sure about the female sprite. It's a cute dress but something is bothering me. I wonder how it'd look with the color change though cause mine is currently red. :3 

Edited by kimmiethekookie, 30 November 2014 - 11:31 PM.

#47 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:29 PM

Funny how they used to have shorter clothing as u get new job classes, and now they seem to be a lil conservative lol

#48 Riemn

Riemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:34 PM

I say we ask the GM team to request this ASAP.

I shall bug Oda about it every tiki tuesday until it happens. This would be the best thing to ever happen to RO imo haha.

The new Shadow Chaser sprite is ugly, but giving players a chance to change their sprite is an awesome idea.

PLEASE Warpportal, bring those new sprites to us! PLEASE! *Nobody really needs to tell you that this is a big deal regarding money*

Edited by Riemn, 30 November 2014 - 11:35 PM.

#49 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:37 PM

If they manage to improve on the current Geneticist sprite as well after wthat they did with the GX sprite... it'll be quite a feat.

#50 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

Would make a male GX for the sprite, 11/10.

all the new female sprites got their tummy covered  :p_idea:

I expected even less clothes from Japan, truly sad days my friends. I'm a sad panda now (bonus points if you get the reference).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users