[Renewal] Secret Odin Gift Exchange (2014) - Page 4 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal] Secret Odin Gift Exchange (2014)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#76 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:18 AM

suddenly so many account with less than 10 forum post appear

Not everyone racks them up with posts like that. You can't judge a player by his/her post count.

#77 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:23 AM

Dearrrrr Gx Zero Santa, i'd realllllly like to have a costume castle bat for this christmas, if i get one i promise ill feed it every day and let it go round and round my head all it wants~

Ign: Giron

Edited by Perezoso15, 02 December 2014 - 07:25 AM.

#78 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:48 AM

Dear Antonio Mr. Santa Claus

May I ask for 10 Old Purple Boxes.  I believe I have been nice this year. I maybe appear to be rude, cynical, and critical on the forums but do not fret since I love all forum midguardians.

IGN:  Rashmika Els    (ELS)

#79 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:50 AM

Dear Santa~~

It is always my pleasure to see you every year :)

Will you show me another miracle to give me a lovely Costume Archangel Wing as this year's present? My friends were making jokes on my looking with FAW and I believe your magic can help me with that.

Ciaos and good night. I am always here waiting for you.

IGN: SinOfWrath

#80 Cezzy

Cezzy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:00 AM

Dear Santa,

Please may I have an Amistr Hat this Christmas. 

I used to have one that used to travel the world with me, until we met a man in Lighthalzen who said that he could make it stronger. When my Amistr was returned to me it had been turned into an ugly rock with a boy trapped in a bottle attached.  :p_cry:

I really miss my sheep and would be grateful if I could have a hat to remind me of how it was before.

Merry Christmas  :p_love:

IGN Cezzzy

#81 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hmm gonna have to comb over the list tonight when I get home.

#82 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:10 AM

Dear Odin,

All i wish for is a +9 Ur's Manteau

-Ryviux

Edited by Ryviux, 02 December 2014 - 09:14 AM.

#83 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

I REALLY don't appreciate you guys spreading word about this event in-game. This is the same issue I had last year and I honestly don't want a repeat of that. This was meant for the forum community, not people who would never step foot into the forums if not for this event.

@zero

what if i have some unwanted items and i wanna to give it to somebody, is it doable in this event?

Then you can PM me to be a Secret Odin for someone.

#84 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

Tig that's not the Xmas spirit :(

#85 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

Tig that's not the Xmas spirit :(

Last year I was very lenient and allowed everyone to register regardless of their posts. What ended up happening was Secret Odins backing out at the last minute (or not show up at all, thereby trolling their chosen recipients) and the event went on for about 3 hours with a lot of people leaving before I could do my surprise finale. It left a bitter feeling in me after I went through all that trouble to host it and then follow-up on every Secret Odin and recipient afterwards. People made forum accounts just for the event and plenty participated for the sake of trolling. I want to minimize that this year because last year was overwhelmingly stressful for me since I did not expect that big of a turnout.

I came up with this event for us as a forum community to put aside our differences for a month and come together to do something nice for each other, regardless of whether or not they receive things in return. And for that, people took advantage of the event and that upset me very much.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 02 December 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#86 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

Last year I was very lenient and allowed everyone to register regardless of their posts. What ended up happening was Secret Odins backing out at the last minute (or not show up at all, thereby trolling their chosen recipients) and the event went on for about 3 hours with a lot of people leaving before I could do my surprise finale. It left a bitter feeling in me after I went through all that trouble to host it and then follow-up on every Secret Odin and recipient afterwards. People made forum accounts just for the event and plenty participated for the sake of trolling. I want to minimize that this year because last year was overwhelmingly stressful for me since I did not expect that big of a turnout.

I came up with this event for us as a forum community to put aside our differences for a month and come together to do something nice for each other, regardless of whether or not they receive things in return. And for that, people took advantage of the event and that upset me very much.

You know, it would be next to impossible to have this event not being spread out due to its potential on "getting free gift(like MVP card and stuff)." That being said, if you could set up certain regulation regard on stuff you're concerned with, would help you push this event further, and make it more subtle. 

Edited by CharAznable, 02 December 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#87 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

You know, it would be next to impossible to filter that all out, and having this event not being spread out due to its potential on "getting free gift(like MVP card and stuff)." That being said, if you could set up certain regulation regard on stuff you're concerned with, would help you push this event further, and make it more subtle.

When I first came up with the event last year, I honestly did not expect much of a turnout.

"Psh, this is the iRO community. How many people are willing to give out stuff for nothing in return?"

Apparently a huge chunk of the community proved me wrong. But a noticeable amount were much more malicious than I expected. A few Secret Odins did notify me in advance that they couldn't make it, but a large number simply didn't show up at all and pretty much trolled their recipients. That's just really mean.

Some people have suggested that I put in restrictions on what kind of items people could request or have it so people could only request items that are valued at a certain amount, but that won't really stop the trolls from coming in to pretend to be someone's Secret Odin.

All in all, it's a community event so I can only do so much to regulate it. The new rules seem to be a step in the right direction from what I can tell.

#88 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:25 AM

Hah. I was in a hotel in Vegas (just flew in too!) when the Event happened and I sat through all my recipients (had like 4 or 5) :3

#89 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

Dear Odin Claus,

Can you please make polymorph work on the slaves of boss monsters so i can go back to my attempts at building a gigantic mob surrounding a small boss.

#90 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

Lets just hope people listen better this year.  Half the battle last year was people not following simple instructions like stay behind an object on the map and too much chatting so Zero's chats were harder to notice.

#91 LTpain

LTpain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

Dear Secret Wife,

I would like to marry more. Please offer yourself to me. This year goal is 7 wives and 30,000 concubines.

Thank you

Cross Fingers

Wishing upon a star

#92 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

Lets just hope people listen better this year.  Half the battle last year was people not following simple instructions like stay behind an object on the map and too much chatting so Zero's chats were harder to notice.

Or spamming skills. Like a certain wanderer. Hm.

Was nice tho, how we creeped closer and closer to the sledge lol. Can't wait. #HYPE

#93 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9312 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:00 AM

Dear Odin,

I would very much like to get a "+1 ASPD enchanted Costume: Arch Angel Wing" for x-mas this year. I would like to use it to hide my ugly heroic backpack :( And to be like all the cool kids.

sincerely,

your good little assassin

"Kritical assassin"

#94 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:02 AM

Lets hope that a GM is kind enough to join us so that certain players can be muted this time.

#95 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

This year I'm planning to have people surround the sleigh so it should be easier for people to see my chats. I didn't realize people couldn't see my chats from a certain distance and that was my oversight.

#96 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:07 AM

People were also sitting so far back the chat didn't reach them (half of the reason I almost didn't get to give the present I gave out, other half is the wanderer mentioned below...)

Was nice tho, how we creeped closer and closer to the sledge lol. Can't wait. #HYPE

Hopefully a GM can be around, or CM, to slap those people who spam constantly with an hour long jail time. That might get them to understand that they are ruining something that people feel like doing to bring some happiness to others.

Not sure if I will participate this year or not yet. I still have a few days at least.

#97 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

Yay, someone picked me!  :p_hi:

#98 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

The competition between Secret Odins to claim recipients is amusingly fierce.

#99 lilyporing

lilyporing

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Dear Secret Odin,

I just started playing RO again (about a week ago). I have no friends to play with. None of my friends plays nor interesed in playing RO.

I'll be moving to another city tomorrow. I'll be living with only my dad. I have no friends there.

Plus I don't have a phone. I don't use facebook, twitter, or anything alike. I don't play other games.

I'll be very lonely.

If it's not too much trouble, I hope you can give me a 'Friend [1]' this year, preferably carded with a 'Fluent English Speaker Card'.

Since I'm not a native english speaker, it will be nice to be able to learn and practice my English with a fluent friend.

And whether you grant my wish or not. I promise... I will work harder on controlling my emotions. I will try to be less self-centered. I will motivate myself more in life. And be brave in facing my insecurities. So my parents will be less worried about me.

Pardon my English. Sorry for the long post. Sincerely (IGN): lily poring

Note : You can also give me 'Heavy Lifter Box' as extra or as replacement if 'Friend [1]' is not available this year. I need to start working out, I'm too weak and skinny!

Edited by lilyporing, 02 December 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#100 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

:V Zero you may want to cut out people who have less than a certain amount of posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users