12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

The hilarious comedian Madeline Kahn passed away on this day in 1999. During the 70s she co-starred in a number of legendary comedies including two of my favorite movies of all time: Young Frankenstein and High Anxiety. From Blazing Saddles to the Muppet Show to Clue, she brought a great singing voice and perfect comic timing to whatever she worked on. 

On to the notes!

Slotted Elven Ears will be tradable, vendable

Brownie points are not intended to be vendable, so they will be properly account bound

Working on non-respawning Biolabs map for this week. When the regular monsters are killed, this triggers the MVPs to spawn. When the MVPs are killed, the monsters will respawn. From the feedback from the community it seems like this idea needs to be workshop'd some more. 

Working on getting changes for consumable-less pvp test range 

From the recent changes I posted about to monster spawn amounts, how are the changes to places like juperos working out so far?

We are planning on having a jump event on Classic for mid-January along with improvements to monster drops and how PVE gear is acquired as a way to help players to recruit new people to pre-renewal. The idea would be to encourage players from Renewal to create accounts and get leveled up on classic, I'm looking for your feedback on whether we should have a "reduced exp to level" stype jump event or one more like what we did with Renewal: Complete quests to jump up to higher levels. Which version do you think would be more effective in getting new people on Classic and where would be the best place them to end up, level wise to participate in WoE, guild play?

Upcoming projects: 

12/10 Christmas Quest

12/10 Changes to gear dropped by low level monsters to address issues of gearing up for new players

12/17 Xmas themed challenge dungeon

For the end of the month we will archiving the econ/castle ownership data and having event WoEs for the last weeks of the year so also give suggestions for what you'd like to see!

More monster changes!

All Comodo field maps changed to reflect the spawn changes shown in the iW Classic DB. 

Clock Tower 4: Replaced owl dukes with 40 Clocks and reduced Elder spawns from 4 to 2. 

Amatsu Dungeon 1: Increased spawns by 50%

Amatsu Dungeon 3 changed to reflect the spawn changes shown in the iW Classic DB but with much shorter respawn time. 

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

No prospective changes for the Consumableless PvP?

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:05 PM

Working on non-respawning Biolabs map for this week. When the regular monsters are killed, this triggers the MVPs to spawn. When the MVPs are killed, the monsters will respawn

why?

#4 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

Do you mean a 2nd bio3 map? If you don't that's a horrible idea and people will probably never level there again lmao

#5 Fazoli

Fazoli

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:11 PM

Hey do anyone work on answering tickets? i've been waiting for a week for a response it's like im talking to myself.

#6 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

Working on non-respawning Biolabs map for this week. When the regular monsters are killed, this triggers the MVPs to spawn. When the MVPs are killed, the monsters will respawn

Who in the community is asking for/pushing for this change, exactly?

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:26 PM

Do you mean a 2nd bio3 map? If you don't that's a horrible idea and people will probably never level there again lmao

This would be on a duplicate version of the existing map. 

Who in the community is asking for/pushing for this change, exactly?

A no-respawn version of the map would address complaints about getting respawned monsters dumped on other parties while leveling there. 

#8 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

Hey do anyone work on answering tickets? i've been waiting for a week for a response it's like im talking to myself.

Please PM me your ticket number

#9 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

A no-respawn version of the map would address complaints about getting respawned monsters dumped on other parties while leveling there. 

So would area spawns, wouldn't it? It would address the complaints as well as be the method of implementation that was intended in the first place; it was how it was pre-renewal and how it was meant to be on classic.

But I digress. You clarified that it would be an alternative to the existing map which I'm assuming would be untouched. Here's to hoping.

#10 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

So would area spawns, wouldn't it? It would address the complaints as well as be the method of implementation that was intended in the first place; it was how it was pre-renewal and how it was meant to be on classic.

But I digress. You clarified that it would be an alternative to the existing map which I'm assuming would be untouched. Here's to hoping.

Its already area spawns. The issue is users mob training.

#11 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Would be an interesting way to fight bio3 MvPs. However makes the MvPing process take a lot more resources potentially.

Still no telling doll or KVM news?

Edited by Scuba, 01 December 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Really now? because this is the first I've heard of it whilst down there. You could just... put the spawns how they are supposed to be. The spawn is too damn high right now.

Don't remove the bio3 mvps, it's already a "quest" to get them to a killable position.

Edited by Xellie, 01 December 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#13 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:49 PM

What about the non mvp monsters don't respawn for a lengthy period of time and the MVPs spawn normally?

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

Or you could just put it how it used to actually work, be used and enjoyable.

edit: I take that back, you should make a map of nothing but the mvps, so we can catch up with the people who have bio3 mvp cards courtesy of 3Ws lots of spam and get away with buying items.com

Edited by Xellie, 01 December 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

So basically people that go down there to level won't be able to once the MVP spawns. And the people that want to MvP won't be able to because in order to kill one you need to clear the entire map.

Edited by Scuba, 01 December 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

Could just scrap the idea entirely. I don't see it being used as an alternative, and if it were to replace the real map then nobody would touch it.

However, it sounds like a fun instanced Challenge Dungeon-type deal (with rewards at the end?), similar to Orc Memory.

#17 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

Damn. No TI event. Gotta leech before VIP expires. Just login for leech and woe, nothing else. =.=

#18 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

first off, aaaaaaaaw yiss madeline kahn!! she's one of my favorites in history of the world part 1!

second, juperos is pretty sweet. went on stream cause people wanted to see, and it's some pretty hot exp. batholians feels too crowded now, but i guess it's a good thing overall. i like the idea of the alt-bio3, if you instanced it maybe people would do parties there? maybe encourage people to get more spec jurs on the market? /gg

third, what monster changes? i'm excited! been working on a sin, so i haven't had much chance to explore maps on the ranker, but this is going rather nicely so far.

#19 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

That would be a fun instance as long as the real map is not altered

Edited by Rate, 02 December 2014 - 05:53 AM.

#20 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

How its going to work? I have a bad feeling about this. like.. Welcome billion of MVP and Biolab mvp card.

#21 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:13 AM

How its going to work? I have a bad feeling about this. like.. Welcome billion of MVP and Biolab mvp card.

Read the posts above, already was explained. :-)

Also seems like there is actually demand for easy MVP farming there which you can also take from the posts above.

I'm not really sure what to think about that. I thought the main complaint was that the spawn rate was too high and most people just wanted the official kRO spawns from pre-renewal.

Basically that should amount to around 40 of each type with Cecil and Kathryne having a few more spawns. And all spawns are local.

#22 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

dont forget challenge dungeon and new turn in map!!!

#23 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:36 AM

i know i whine a lot about mob training on the forums, but i don't think you guys should ruin a map like bio3 for the sake of being proactive with mob training. not that i'm down in bio3 THAT  often or anything, but still. i would rather you guys just take tickets submitted seriously for mob training for bio3. i can't imagine it's done that often in bio3. the times i have been down there it's been a ghost town. haven't managed to go down since the implementation of lhz spotlight so i guess there are probably parties going on. but unlike ID3 event, i don't think people are grabbing the entire map and bringing it to the entrance lol. and i also think that map is not nearly as soloable as id3.

juperos 1 is perfect. the rest of juperos is looking pretty sad, though...

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:48 AM

Do I dare...?

Sure why not...

HW has been farmable all this time

http://www.twitch.tv/xellie/c/5395242

(spoiler: The leecher gets 420m/hr exp)

now undo the silly changes so others can level too? ^-^

Edited by Xellie, 02 December 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#25 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:50 AM

reset castle econs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users