12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 NujabesxRicky

NujabesxRicky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

reset castle econs

Lol yes  i totally agree with you on that.I'm coming back to woe just to break econ i was sadden to see such low breaks on castles :(

@Oda is it possible for me to get my castle loots if i wasn't able to login for the week i had my castles?

Edited by NujabesxRicky, 02 December 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#27 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

I don't really like the whole seperate map for Bio3, like it's easy enough to single out the MVP if it's done just right.

What really needs to be fixed is the insanely high spawnrate or even spawns right now in Bio3 right now. It's almost suicidal to attempt to walk around the map without getting jumped by SInXs (without the assist from Maya Purp mids or helms) and four to five snipers stacked on one another!!

It would make it a ton more fun if your at least able to walk around the place and clear out the "Arms and Legs" of the map.

That alone would help to attract people to go there to level, otherwise they would just wait for turn in quests because it's less risk for more reward.

You could even adjust the exp and item drops from the mobs as well would be way better, but something has to be done about the spawnrate/ # of spawns to do it some real good.

#28 Wingz89

Wingz89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

We are planning on having a jump event on Classic for mid-January along with improvements to monster drops and how PVE gear is acquired as a way to help players to recruit new people to pre-renewal. The idea would be to encourage players from Renewal to create accounts and get leveled up on classic, I'm looking for your feedback on whether we should have a "reduced exp to level" stype jump event or one more like what we did with Renewal: Complete quests to jump up to higher levels. Which version do you think would be more effective in getting new people on Classic and where would be the best place them to end up, level wise to participate in WoE, guild play?

I think the "reduced exp to level" style jump event still suit Classic players the best, as this has always been the jump style event we ever had for Classic.

The Renewal one has the players directed to go to a specific place to hunt and complete a quest, return to collect the reward and level up.

The Classic style reduced exp event is better as it allows players to go to the maps or just anywhere else they like to level up their character, this gives more freedom to the players to decided what they want to do.

It worked well before, especially during that time when mRO closes its servers and its players came over here to play, the response was very good. I do not see why this should not continue.

Also on last week's maintenance, you said:

Mental Potion and X3 Battle Manual added to kafra stacker

Mental Potion still could not be stacked by the Kafra Stacker. Please make it happen this week. Thank you.

#29 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:01 AM

Yeah, no quests please. Allow people to level up faster whereever they want.

I mean that's the whole point of your PVE improvement update, right? To make all regions worthwhile.

#30 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

From the feedback from the community it seems like this idea needs to be workshop'd some more. 

Thank you for listening.

From the recent changes I posted about to monster spawn amounts, how are the changes to places like juperos working out so far?

I haven't personally been to the improved Juperos yet but it seems everyone is liking the changes so far from what I've seen and heard.

#31 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

Do not kill Turpeco. Extend it.

#32 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:30 AM

If your going to do that map idea make it so its reasonable don't need all nighter just for wrong mvp. I would use same map but have npc in one of the arms randomly that takes items dropped by bio 3 mobs that way you enter map that spawns mvp but I would make it random bio mvp and so other mvps not hard ones. and give it 5 day delay or something.

Weres are TI I want something to do besides bio2 with my knight

Ps I want Crown of deceit quest and hat PLS you know you want to give us it. Theirs a whole quest for it from 2009.

Edited by battle, 03 December 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

Working on getting changes for consumable-less pvp test range

We need this map to be pvp physics. Knock back and visibility of damage are extremely important. Especially when your survival may depend on figuring out elements.

From the recent changes I posted about to monster spawn amounts, how are the changes to places like juperos working out so far?

Juperos is amazing from what I've seen. Been busy with the Thanksgiving stuff tho, so I'll have more better feedback in due course. Scoping out with my hp it looks good.

We are planning on having a jump event on Classic for mid-January along with improvements to monster drops and how PVE gear is acquired as a way to help players to recruit new people to pre-renewal. The idea would be to encourage players from Renewal to create accounts and get leveled up on classic, I'm looking for your feedback on whether we should have a "reduced exp to level" stype jump event or one more like what we did with Renewal: Complete quests to jump up to higher levels. Which version do you think would be more effective in getting new people on Classic and where would be the best place them to end up, level wise to participate in WoE, guild play?

Ok so here's the thing. You can put in as many quests as you like, but nobody is going to be partying at low level. I think the "jump event" exp table should be less of an event and more of a quality of life change. Yes, it changes RO slighty, but it's not much more different from adding quests to bypass those levels.

The tricky levels are generally from 70+ anyway for a new player leveling... so from 70+ we need a rethink on levelling quests.

Also I think to improve participation in guild play, etc, you should be looking at quests that reward basic WoE gear cards. I believe overlook works like this? You should also make it so that established guild players are motivated to work with these players to help them.  Maybe if you could have a dungeon that requires say, a level 70 and 2 level 99s in party to access, and they get rewarded a seal stone or a batch of empty bottles or something for helping the newer player complete their quest.  Something that draws the veterans out to help these people. Enriched elu, tokens toward buying a slotting coupon for mids... anything that a high level play might be like "mmm I want that."

12/10 Changes to gear dropped by low level monsters to address issues of gearing up for new players

Details please.

For the end of the month we will archiving the econ/castle ownership data and having event WoEs for the last weeks of the year so also give suggestions for what you'd like to see!

- mega woe (one castle)

- normal woes.

- non consumable woe

- all shoe cards are disabled woe

- No guild woe (parties only)

- parties disabled woe

- all skills disabled woe (cp effect through all castles)

- every guildleader has their account id changed to they aren't satan morroc for one woe

Edited by Xellie, 03 December 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#34 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:47 AM

- mega woe (one castle)

- normal woes.

- non consumable woe

- every guildleader has their account id changed to they aren't satan morroc for one woe

um xellie you had that mega woe last week when you and hatebreed battled have you not figured that small guild go bye bye if that happens. The other one is if you take are footgear away why not headgear or armor. and for last change you hair and get a name change that way maybe people not figure its you so fast. I mean how many red haired sinx are there who ignore precast.

I like have hp so maybe I live longer when someones grimtoothing me.

ps. I think there could be event woes but you need more then just you saying I want it.

Edited by battle, 03 December 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

um xellie you had that mega woe last week when you and hatebreed battled have you not figured that small guild go bye bye if that happens. The other one is if you take are footgear away why not headgear or armor. and for last change you hair and get a name change that way maybe people not figure its you so fast. I mean how many red haired sinx are there who ignore precast.

I like have hp so maybe I live longer when someones grimtoothing me.

That's why it's an event woe dummy! I know it hurts smaller guilds but there's nothing at stake and you don't have to show up.

The footgear is because of certain mvp cards. May I suggest variant shoes to solve your hp issues?

and my sinx hasn't had red hair for a while. It's not just me and it's not just my sinx. My sinx/stalker/champ are all shut down instantly, with no emblem / copied emblem and my linker (with double cast time) is able to recall freely, as is my ninja. So something shady is afoot.

p.s: Yeah, I'm sure people out there want event woes that will agree with my choices.

Edited by Xellie, 03 December 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#36 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

- mega woe (one castle)

- normal woes.

- non consumable woe

- No guild woe (parties only)

- parties disabled woe

- all skills disabled woe (cp effect through all castles)

We need this!!

Edited by Misos, 03 December 2014 - 09:00 AM.

#37 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:06 AM

that not help if everybody knows you that well xellie I mean I figure who you are without any info. your enemies know all the main recallers and you usually the first though the portal.

For the other part mega woe be a bad idea if it replaces the woes now. Since were on this why not make a two castle that is in its own that way it be like bg but you need to take baracades and stuff out and each side is random that way you can have both sides being even. you just have to make it so that each char type is divided evenly instead of whole group. Not sure how this would go for you.

Ps. disable headgear for woe that be more fun, dancers would be god again.

Edited by battle, 03 December 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#38 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:09 AM

We did a "mega WoE" once when WC offered a reward for the castle. One put on by the staff might be more worth while.....

Consumables are needed for WoE, however a no mvp card/god item woe would be awesome! 

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:11 AM

Before you Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars-points of light and reason…And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.

:p_swt:

#40 Kaymaru

Kaymaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

ayy lmao

#41 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

Do not kill Turpeco. Extend it.

Thanksgiving doesn't leave this week.

#42 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

xellie it be the same as a mega woe but there be 2 castles one for each side that way you could defend or atk it not replace woe 1 or woe 2 and you be able to kill your friend and enemies all the same.

I'm not sure about rewards and that stuff but im sure  this would be better then making you join Hatebreed or Valhalla or Wrecking Crew to woe. beside theres only about 200 or less people woeing now anyway if you add the alts and triple clienting that goes on with woe..

Ps. maybe xellie should just do the WC woe event instead.

Edited by battle, 03 December 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#43 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

Ps. maybe xellie should just do the WC woe event instead.

I hope it isn't like that. It was a joke and they broke their own castle lol. 

#44 gon404

gon404

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

No Gods No MVP WoE event for sure let's see dem kids whining without their RMT shyt. LEHGO!

#45 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:11 AM

Thanksgiving doesn't leave this week.

Thank you :D

#46 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

and my sinx hasn't had red hair for a while.

this is a problem. please fix it. also: trans neko xellie, if you have not done so. both of these points are vital server upgrades, c'mon!

i am really excited for that gear adjustment thing, and the jump event in general! i'm guessing we have to wait for details, right? i'm hoping we get some details on the monsters changes post-maint, too.

#47 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

Cutting the amount of open castles will fix a lot of the PVE problems imo... More people will come back to play and that means more people needing to level/gear. Banning the -_- out of people cheating would also get people to woe... I cant get my wife to play RO anymore due to the cheats, and I myself only log on to kill gloom. I tried woeing this weekend, but alas full of cheats and disconnects. 

#48 Zeniachan

Zeniachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, United States
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

Mega WoE should be called "King of the Emp" WoE since it sounds like a KotH game mode with a 1-fort free for all.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

this is a problem. please fix it. also: trans neko xellie, if you have not done so. both of these points are vital server upgrades, c'mon!

you aren't the boss of me you can't tell me what to do.... I'll do it if they buff sleipnir

Banning the -_- out of people cheating would also get people to woe... I cant get my wife to play RO anymore due to the cheats, and I myself only log on to kill gloom. I tried woeing this weekend, but alas full of cheats and disconnects.

THIS OH  SO MUCH

#50 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

Cutting the amount of open castles will fix a lot of the PVE problems imo... More people will come back to play and that means more people needing to level/gear. Banning the -_- out of people cheating would also get people to woe... I cant get my wife to play RO anymore due to the cheats, and I myself only log on to kill gloom. I tried woeing this weekend, but alas full of cheats and disconnects. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users