12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:02 AM

If I'm remembering correctly that skill may not be supported by the build of the game we have for classic. On Pre-Renewal, a lot more of the game was "baked in" to the program and cannot be modified with the scripting we're able to change on our end.  

I'd actually like to be able to edit the wiki (at least on Classic) to help keep it current. 

Make an account then.

#77 NujabesxRicky

NujabesxRicky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:26 AM

Little Feather Hat[1] please for this month box.

#78 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:28 AM

As someone who's played Renewal for a year and starting to get into the Classic server more, I personally would like to see two things:

#1-irowiki updated. (Hasn't been updated since the beginning of July)

#2-Class guides actually being made/updated in the Guide forum.

No, these are not something the GMs can do, but I've seen people talking about recruiting a lot. Personally, as someone who has a level 58/14 Crusader, I find myself running around clueless as if this was the Renewal server. I mean, I needed horrendous mouths for my job change, so I headed to GH. irowiki stats that there's Jakks there, so imagine my surprise when I go and get attacked by gargoyles instead. Having updated info (like the spawns and such that are mentioned later in Oda's op, which I partially quoted) would help new people and Renewal TI freaks get a grip on the changes and different mechanics.

And just a random question. I've never seen any buyshops, so I'm assuming that skill (and the licenses) aren't available in Loki. If I'm correct, wouldn't implementing those help the market? The market now seems...bleh. No one's sold junk like the rotten bandage (Crusader job change item) since September. Other items like that haven't been vended in a longer period of time, me thinks.

I haven't started trying to vend my novice junk, but having buy shops for people to sell their drops to would, in my mind, help out newbies as much as veterans that need that stuff... What do you guys think?

I guess I can keep some job items in my shop and keep them on vend and maybe try to keep some of them stocked. Though, people are usually nice enough on the server to hand you the items for free if you ask them.

Edited by HikariYari, 04 December 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#79 Serigeese

Serigeese

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Ymir / Classic

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:49 AM

Oy vey, the mob spawn scripting on Biolabs 3 is like reading a phone book. Added a bunch of other changes/reversions to the earlier improved spawns. 

So is it impossible or not? Bio3 this time around I have NEVER seen that many mobs in there before.

Also are you talking about B io3 mobs or somewhere else ......

#80 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

Going to be streaming in 15 on classic, looking at classic maps for the improvement project. 

#81 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

So is it impossible or not? Bio3 this time around I have NEVER seen that many mobs in there before.

Also are you talking about B io3 mobs or somewhere else ......

I am pretty sure the map is still under spotlight at the moment.

#82 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

I'd actually like to be able to edit the wiki (at least on Classic) to help keep it current. 

+1. I would definitely appreciate this.

#83 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

If I'm remembering correctly that skill may not be supported by the build of the game we have for classic. On Pre-Renewal, a lot more of the game was "baked in" to the program and cannot be modified with the scripting we're able to change on our end.  

16m25x1.jpg

Become friends with this and learn to use it.

Btw instead of a new jump event just reduce the requirements to level to 99 in pretrans by 2/3rds I'm sure most people will agree the game truely begins at trans and trans chars are also much more wanted for parties.

Sages can't soul change

Hunters can't fas

Knights can't spear dynamo

Priests can't assumptio

Alchemists can't bomb

Those classes are pretty much locked out of parties until they trans which is probably a downer for new comers.

Edited by needmorezleep, 04 December 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#84 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

I guess I can keep some job items in my shop and keep them on vend and maybe try to keep some of them stocked. Though, people are usually nice enough on the server to hand you the items for free if you ask them.

Nah, don't trouble yourself over it. I was able to DC some whites (going broke literally in the process) and hunt them myself. It's just that I think if we had buy shops, it'd open the market wide open, allowing people to sell stuff to people who need it, and in turn, a newbie could afford the gear/consumables/etc needed to hunt those items if worse comes to worst...

...but if it's impossible, then that's that, I guess...

#85 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:33 PM

I agree with making transing easier. Other official servers had solved this problem for example by allowing trans at base level 95 already.

The heavy exp increase towards level 99 was only put there so that it's very hard to reach max level, but level 99 pre-trans is no longer max level, so no need for such a steep exp curve. It makes sense for trans, but not for pre-trans anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users