donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

Breaking news, when Forgotten Payon will be released, Cazar equipments will be exchangeable for Mastery Points (~25,000 points for a weapon and ~8,000 for an armor piece) or Blood Points/Victory Medals (at the same cost as the current T2).

Someone posted this on the New Patch Thread...

Can a good source (Gms, CMs etc) tell me if this is true??? :rice:

#2 9039130503202647853

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

Am I to understand that I'm not a good source? :P

#3 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

He's using the game files to see that information, that's how he's making his database and it's been pretty reliable so far. If you're asking for the staff to tell you what's coming up sorry to say my experience as a previous term VCR is that: they don't know.

#4 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Am I to understand that I'm not a good source? :P

Hahahaha! Nope. I just needed a backup on this one because I posted it in a RO2 page in FB and they are questioning the source. But I, personally, think that you're reliable because all of your previous updates were true. ;)

Edited by donthackme2, 01 December 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#5 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

For clarity's sake, is it
1) allowing us to purchase Cazar gear? Or is it that
2) we can trade our Cazar gear in for points?
3) or possibly both (just to cover my bases, I know this is silly idea with honing scrubs)

Thanks in advance

#6 9039130503202647853

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:54 PM

For clarity's sake, is it
1) allowing us to purchase Cazar gear? Or is it that
2) we can trade our Cazar gear in for points?
3) or possibly both (just to cover my bases, I know this is silly idea with honing scrubs)

Thanks in advance

Buying ! From two differents NPCs, one for BP exchange and other for MP exchange.

#7 PNYnoodle

PNYnoodle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:09 PM

this is ridiculous.. how crazy the devs of this game to do this.. its unfair for those who grind they're asses to level up and just like that you can buy your own EXP "MP" 

they're already selling those jump scrolls on KP.. and now you can buy your MP's out of those weapons BP's VP's.. 

they're just destroying this game.. this game is not like RO1... that even youre maxed out.. you can collect all the special cards that will make your certain character class stronger... 

in here..? after you max out what? just farm seeds and get a chance to make those high seeds.. cards arent event that great.. cards just gives you stats and 2ndary stats.. hones aren't special either.. 

primary and secondary stats aren't that great.. they even Nerfed some classes and made those OP classes even OPier.. 

if you think that trade MP thingy will make it better not really.. just make a lot of people get bored faster... 

GOOD LUCK and HAVE A GOOD GAME

:hmm:  :hmm:       :p_swt:  :p_swt:         :pif:  :pif:

#8 9039130503202647853

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

Huh wait, you will not be able to buy MP. You will just be able to buy weapons/armors in exchange of MP.

#9 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:53 AM

whahahahahahaha!

#10 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:12 AM

I want T3 colo!!!!!!!! :P

#11 RenatoKolokoy

RenatoKolokoy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

He's using the game files to see that information, that's how he's making his database and it's been pretty reliable so far. If you're asking for the staff to tell you what's coming up sorry to say my experience as a previous term VCR is that: they don't know.

Already explained. It may happened or may not. Somehow, you can view all of the future stuffs by unpacking the game files.

#12 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

We're discussing methods to make Cazar available to players around the time we release Forgotten Payon and increase the level cap.

One of the recent discussions is providing it through BP and MP. We haven't seen it in action yet, so don't have specifics for you, but should hopefully have some details soon.

That's probably what you're seeing, but as far as we know it's not finished yet.

#13 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

Yes. That would be great. Cazar is very rare and so expensive in AH. Hopefully, they can make it tradable also. :)

#14 shuve

shuve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:51 PM

We're discussing methods to make Cazar available to players around the time we release Forgotten Payon and increase the level cap.

One of the recent discussions is providing it through BP and MP. We haven't seen it in action yet, so don't have specifics for you, but should hopefully have some details soon.

That's probably what you're seeing, but as far as we know it's not finished yet.

Wouldn't that just kill the Silent Corridor, Assasin Sanctum and Himel's chamber?

#15 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:08 PM

Those 3 dungeons won't be endgame dungeons once Forgotten Payon is released with new gears anyway, the new levels ml30-40 will "kill" them more than Cazars purchasable at a NPC. And just imagine, 1 free infinium every 3 days or 1 free rune remover every week... !  :)

#16 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

yep they will totally kill Aassassin's Sanctum/Silent Corridor/HImz Chamber

instead make those cazar drop like Chaos Gears (at least haha)

#17 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

Wouldn't be a lot more smart increase significantly the drop rate? If every boss drop 2-3 gears each time it won't be so hard farm it. Since them bosses are hard to kill you can also decrease a bit their hp to make the kill progression faster but nor easier. Another good thing you can do is halves the mp required to level up from ml21 to ml30 and double only the exps needed to level from ml31 to ml40, in this way you would let new players to catch the progres of the old ones and at the same time slow down the hardcore ones. At the same time why don't you release a T3 colo gears whit the same stats of cazar and pvp bonus? The appearence can be a recolor of the previous colo gears after red,blue they can be grey!
I'm sure developers can do it in a day:
-Increase significantly cazar droprate and decrease bosses hp
-halved mp needed from ml21 to ml30 and double the original one from ml31 to ml40
-realize a T3 colo whit cazar stats and pvp bonuses
-(optional but really appreciate) increase the lv in colo from lv50 to ml30
-(optional but really appreciate) match the T1 and T2 colo gears stats whit the osiris and himmelmez ones.

You can also realize the t3 colo gears whit +15% stats compared to the cazar ones but no blue and red runehole only green and colo runes in this way a player can chose to farm cazar and rune them all to increase the stats over that 15% or use the colo gears that have a 15% from the start and farm the colosseum rune.
PRO:
-colo gears usefull again
-cazar easier to farm
-new players able to catch the old ones
-old ones (top players) slowed down
-colosseum an bp usefull again
-a lot of in game item reused so less work for developers.
CON:
-some work for developers

#18 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:11 AM

Not really the best idea IMHO.  Since the release of Advent of Valkyrie, the game has been pushing aside older content.  When newer players came onto Odin server to play, a GM on public chat said, "Just skip CoA, and etc. and level up."  Silent Corridor, Assassin Sanctum, etc. aren't the best, but making Cazar gear through purchase deprives players of whatever content we have on Ro2. 

The other day I was talking to a ML 30 Crescentia, and he had asked me where to get green seed runes.  Chaos Dungeon.  But you need to do the prerequisites to be able to enter in there such as ratmaster and etc.  He asked me what is RatMaster? :sob:

If we continue on this path, any new content that we waited months for will be obselete.  New gears that is associated with ML 35-40?  No need to farm it they say, because sooner or later you can just buy it with MP or BP.....

We want game progression, not shortcuts.  People are more than capable of farming gears for themselves, if they're too lazy to do it, then its their own fault.  But currently whats wrong is the drop %, fix that, and no problem for people to farm it. 

I would like to say fix the mechanics for the boss, but that would require them to do some work.  Most of the veteran Ro2 players miss some of the older dungeon boss mechanics.  Now PvE is kind of dull, with just standing there and spamming skills.  And PvP quality, whatever little we had, is gone.  Its pretty much just a 1-shot fest now or stun locking. 

#19 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:51 AM

Wouldn't be a lot more smart increase significantly the drop rate? If every boss drop 2-3 gears each time it won't be so hard farm it. Since them bosses are hard to kill you can also decrease a bit their hp to make the kill progression faster but nor easier. Another good thing you can do is halves the mp required to level up from ml21 to ml30 and double only the exps needed to level from ml31 to ml40, in this way you would let new players to catch the progres of the old ones and at the same time slow down the hardcore ones. At the same time why don't you release a T3 colo gears whit the same stats of cazar and pvp bonus? The appearence can be a recolor of the previous colo gears after red,blue they can be grey!
-halved mp needed from ml21 to ml30 and double the original one from ml31 to ml40
-(optional but really appreciate) match the T1 and T2 colo gears stats whit the osiris and himmelmez ones.

You can also realize the t3 colo gears whit +15% stats compared to the cazar ones but no blue and red runehole only green and colo runes in this way a player can chose to farm cazar and rune them all to increase the stats over that 15% or use the colo gears that have a 15% from the start and farm the colosseum rune.
PRO:
-cazar easier to farm
CON:

Not really the best idea IMHO.  Since the release of Advent of Valkyrie, the game has been pushing aside older content.  When newer players came onto Odin server to play, a GM on public chat said, "Just skip CoA, and etc. and level up."  Silent Corridor, Assassin Sanctum, etc. aren't the best, but making Cazar gear through purchase deprives players of whatever content we have on Ro2. 

The other day I was talking to a ML 30 Crescentia, and he had asked me where to get green seed runes.  Chaos Dungeon.  But you need to do the prerequisites to be able to enter in there such as ratmaster and etc.  He asked me what is RatMaster? :sob:

If we continue on this path, any new content that we waited months for will be obselete.  New gears that is associated with ML 35-40?  No need to farm it they say, because sooner or later you can just buy it with MP or BP.....

We want game progression, not shortcuts.  People are more than capable of farming gears for themselves, if they're too lazy to do it, then its their own fault.  But currently whats wrong is the drop %, fix that, and no problem for people to farm it. 

I would like to say fix the mechanics for the boss, but that would require them to do some work.  Most of the veteran Ro2 players miss some of the older dungeon boss mechanics.  Now PvE is kind of dull, with just standing there and spamming skills.  And PvP quality, whatever little we had, is gone.  Its pretty much just a 1-shot fest now or stun locking. 

I'm gonna take a wild (and optimistic) guess and say that whatever they plan to do with MP/BP purchases is probably a temporal event. You know, like a "new map is opening so let's make it easy for players to get there" kind of event.

I seriously doubt they'll really kill the content by doing this, but maybe Himm gear won't be enough in that new dungeon or they just want players to have a taste of Cazar before getting the new set. They could raise the drop rate later along the line after the novelty of Forgotten Payon is gone.

+1 to the mechanics revival though. I've recently done the CoA quests and it was interesting that I actually had to do things in a certain way instead of ONLY facing the boss head on and tank it while spamming my rotation (It still had a lot of this, but at some points I had to switch targets or stand in a certain place to avoid attacks and that makes it more fun).

I don't know anything about the pvp gears, but I think we can get new ones. I've read a lot of people complain about having to use mix sets (mainly noels i think) and the pvp ones are not at the same level as the others, so it affects them in ways they can't avoid.

#20 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hmm I just want to point out that nothing prevents players to gather and do COA or AOD with old gears, no pets, no guild skills and only Master Reds. The gears are still available to everyone, the boss mechanics haven't changed. 

And about Cazars being available through MP or BP, a VCR said Forgotten Payon mobs 1shots people with 30k+ def. That's about the equivalent to a full himmelmez Knight with +20gears, therefore if this turns out to be true and go live, Cazars gears for everyone are very much welcomed.

#21 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

i dont see the problem with the cazar gears being avalible just like that hahaha
it will not break anything just because 1 little reason.

YOU STILL NEED TO GET ML 30!

and thats ennuf pain in the ass... so yeah.

#22 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hmm I just want to point out that nothing prevents players to gather and do COA or AOD with old gears, no pets, no guild skills and only Master Reds. The gears are still available to everyone, the boss mechanics haven't changed. 

And about Cazars being available through MP or BP, a VCR said Forgotten Payon mobs 1shots people with 30k+ def. That's about the equivalent to a full himmelmez Knight with +20gears, therefore if this turns out to be true and go live, Cazars gears for everyone are very much welcomed.

Idk which VCR said that but I'll just say this once, we're still testing out that new content, it was in very early stages when we first got it and not tuned; that's why me (and i think most vcrs) don't talk about that because we're aware whatever info we give now, in a few days can be totally different.

So, just take with a grain of salt whatever you hear about future content because it can change, it all depends on feedback testers give, warpportal / gravity discussions,  and you know.. devs being them.

#23 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yes I know all that, you're not telling me anything new really.

#24 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

PRO:
-cazar easier to farm
CON:

Oh now aren't you silly with all this logical thinking.  Pfft.  (Actually this was my first thought too...just increase the drop rate and make the bosses killable.  Kooky right?)

#25 shuve

shuve

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:42 PM

Too lazy to start a new thread.

I am comparing Eddga & Cazar stats (weapon & Equipment only, not include accessories) for warrior and here we go:

cazar STR 1744 AGI 1053 VIT 1110 Hit 670 Critical 1101 WIS 195 Defense 7575 Parry 734 Haste 634 Vigor 590

Eddga STR 1763 AGI 167 VIT 1412 Hit 1066 Critical 933 WIS 146 Defense 8493 Parry 182 Haste 281 Vigor 281 Penetration 117

Seriously? Warrior lost so many stat for AGI

really curious what will purpleseed & goldrune do

Edited by shuve, 09 December 2014 - 09:46 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users