10 replies to this topic

#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:58 AM

Well, we had tons of threads about this in the old forum, and i believe that the most important aspects to the game to develop are nightmares, possession beasts and the horror.

I had a few new ideas:

Nightmare Dungeons:

"Not with that name but the idea of a nightmare dungeon is going around for long time now. The idea of only be able to access during the nightmare could be nice. A few other ideas from the old threads:

- The mini map could be black in this dungeons, or at least in some places.

- The different party members could start in different places: the problem with this is that some classes have more troubles to solo than others, and could lead to people dont invite x classes to this dungeons, and we alredy have enough of that kind of thing.

- I like the signature of this guy in wich Bin Diesel turn on a torch and all the monsters are around. Well, in that movie the monsters only attack when wasnt any light around. So, the monsters inside the dungeon could only attack when there is no light (except the skills light).

- I like this other movie in wich a room looks in a way when the lights are on, but only can "see" and pass some doors when the lights are off.

- Some monsters are some kind of dummy automatas that move like if were doing something, with a purpose forgotten long time ago. The players cant hit them, and the monster cant hit the players, until the lights go off. This monsters turn in the players direction when they pass at their side, and folow them, and stop when the players dont move, and follow them when the players move (this idea come form an old thread but i cant find it :/).

- The place could be fool of traps like in JS and RoL.

So, the players need the light to see the traps, and compensate the lack of a mini-map, but need the darkness to "open" the doors to continue. Still dont know if the lights should go off randomly or should be an npc item to make the players able to turn the lights on: some sick skill that turn the lights on for a few secs and then the lights go off. Lets said the skill last 5 secs, and there are 5 people in party, then the CD should be 25 secs: this way if there is an overlap or a gap when people cast the skill, the mobs will have a window to attack."

The Abyss:

"Another idea, a mix of JS and Dogtooth Crevasse, called The Abyss (for example, others can find a good name). Based in the posts about nm dungeons and nm bosses, the idea is implement an open dungeon, a big hole in an open map, like the old Dogtooth Crevasse, but this time with an use. It should be big as the FoC map, full of stone bridges that go from one side to the other but also go down into the darkness. It should be a huge stone bridges maze.

The path is full of monsters and they become strongest as the players go down. At some points maybe some bosses could be found, like in a plataform, there are bones over all the place, and a little hut made of humanoid bones and skin. It should be noticiable the passage, little by little from the daylight to the darkness. They could be screams that become stronger as the players go deeper.

When the darkness become absolute, the mobs should be nightmares, 24hs ones.

The bottom of this place should be full of nightmares and maybe some bosses/ nightmare bosses. It could be passages there, maybe instanced dungeons with other bosses, maybe a raid."

Water:
Based on the thread: New Dungeons of same level

Dungeons flooded with water, and in some parts the players must swim. Maybe add some kind of shark boss and the players must kill it while they swim: so, they fight against the boss and must be healed at all times to dont drown.

It also could be a big room, when the playes enter, the doors close and the room start to get flooded with water (or blood, or some dark liquid). Then tons of mobs start to appear in waves, and the party must kill them all to open the gates and go out before the water reach the roof.

Monsters Invasion:

In an old thread (Nightmare Monster Enhancement (hopefully for Rozen)) i said that the monster could get lvls or a transformation if they kill a player. Now, that could be hard to do, and i was thinking in something new.

Step I: If the players kill x amount of monsters, the monsters in that area start to spawn with more lvl.
Step II: When the playes reach a new amount of the same monster, the game spawn a captain in the area: the captain is like an open world boss but able to buff and have good skills.
Step III: When it reach a new cap, depending on the monster type, the monsters organize an assault to the main town in the area. The assault could come in waves. For example: imagine someone griding in the spider forest and Aranes itself go to attack Plancy Lab.

I think that the event of mobs attacking the towns are great, but since must be actived by the game managers, those dont happen so often. This idea make this events (kill x amount of the same mob) to trigger the invasion. That could make the game more dynamic and interesting, since the attacks could happen at any time, and also can be triggered on purpose for other players.

Monsters Fortress:

Like i suggested in the thread called Goblins, some intelligent races of monsters could have their own fortress/ outposts. This places are full of those monsters and have captains and bosses. It could also be a trigger here: when the casttle is taked (means, all mobs are dead), that race of mobs launch an attack to a city.

"I was thinking in my old suggestion about a total war map (for gvg, faction vs faction or even server vs server), with guild casttles and mob casttles/outposts: the mob fortress could have open world bosses and strong mobs.

Some goblings could mount spiders and the mages and hunters could be placed over towers that watch the walls.

Also they could attack towns and release monsters to unleash the terror: bosses like Aranes for example."

Mist:

Based in this 2 threads (New NM Monsterand Need more mist), the idea is to have more places with mist. The mist is great, and i remember some places in Crescent, with lots of mist an nightmare monsters, it was scary.

The idea is to add winged monsters that fly at high altitud to lurk the places with mist. This monsters shouldnt spawn often (low spawn rate) that way the players cant be 100% aware of when they will fall.

This idea could also be related to the "Monster Invasion" idea: that way when the players kill x amount of the same mob in the mist, the winged nms fall.

Endurance:

"I was thinking in something like that but for the nightmares. They could come in waves and attack the towns. A quest could be kill 100 nm, the 1st wave come with 16 (when the nm start, 23hs game time), the 2nd with 32 (5 mins later, 0hs game time), the 3rd with 64 (5 mins after the 2nd, 1hs game time): all this for high lvls, the lower lvls ones could be scaled according to the lvl."

Terror:

Some other ideas given before:

Mobs that walk over the walls and roofs (could be good in dungeons), add more traps like the JS and RoL ones, add moving walls that crush the players that pass, and even add floors like the ones in the E wing in JS, but this ones are there and randomly colapse when the players pass (dont know if the game mechanic could do that).

Physical Upgrades:

Like in most horror movies, some ugrade is needed to fight back the evil forces. In some cases is just a weapon, but in others bigger things are needed (no, i wont suggest to ride a battle robot, but isnt that bad idea XD).

The characters have skills and dna for them, but what about to add a new thing, the physical upgrades. The Temperions are Cyborgs, and cyborgs can be the product of someone needed a replace for a body part or someone wanting to upgrade a body part: here i wont talk about add strenght or speed, but about other things.

The Spider: If the monsters in dungeons can walk over the walls and roofs. The first upgrade would be to be able to do that too: of course, it would be limited to dungeons and battlegrounds in closed places (we dont have any).

Imagine to be able to cast a ground aoe over the roof or over a wall, or put a trap there, or even dash and end upside down.

The Jumper: The ability of jump at bigger distances and higher than the chars can do now. Imagine 20m jumps, and be able to reach higher places faster and surprise the enemy.

Night Vision: Only able to be used in nightmare dungeons or other dark places (if are implemented).

Well, those were all the crazy ideas for now. Thx for take the time to read them.