Best Homun + Homun S Combination - Page 3 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best Homun + Homun S Combination

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#51 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

So loyal it and made it Sera. ASDP is wayyyyyyyy too slow..... it is taking forever for just 1 level. About a day and a half for 1 level.

Once it becomes Homun S, AFK leveling it won't do.

You have to go to other dungeons to find better exp.  For example, Moscovia Dungeon. Or try one of the spotlighted ones.

#52 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

I deleted my Sera. The time it was taking was insanely long. I prefer re-making and use Filir as base. Amistr is a real pain when turning into Sera and trying to level it up.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 19 January 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#53 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

Oh man, I have a filir -> sera and i really regret doing it. Once you're done leveling, all the filir skills are useless. I'd have killed to be able to make it with an ami base so I could get that free +vit, and I should have done so during the last loyalty event, but I was afraid of taking my main hunting character out of commission, since you really get to depend on PK. 

Once it becomes Homun S, AFK leveling it won't do.

You have to go to other dungeons to find better exp.  For example, Moscovia Dungeon. Or try one of the spotlighted ones.

I emphatically disagree. I have *NEVER* found any way of leveling a homun not-AFK that was good enough to justify not AFK leveling, except dieter lava flow in magma. Okay, so maybe you can get as much exp in a few hrs as you could all day. But why would you waste  time that you could have spent leveling your char or hunting for money to get homun EXP you could get AFKing - instead of spending that time doing something you can't get by AFKing. AFKing homun S works just fine, it's just slow. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 20 January 2015 - 12:23 PM.

#54 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:18 PM

I emphatically disagree. I have *NEVER* found any way of leveling a homun not-AFK that was good enough to justify not AFK leveling, except dieter lava flow in magma. Okay, so maybe you can get as much exp in a few hrs as you could all day. But why would you waste  time that you could have spent leveling your char or hunting for money to get homun EXP you could get AFKing - instead of spending that time doing something you can't get by AFKing. AFKing homun S works just fine, it's just slow. 

I'll give it a try. You are the doctor after all. (Still AFK-leveling my Amistr -> Sera was a royal pain...guess that as soon as she gets Poison Mist to kill zenorcs it will be easier, I hope)

#55 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, Royal Pain to say the least to level up Amistr>Sera.

I entered a ticket to see if I can get my Sera back since I learned this slow leveling happens with every base after changing to Sera. Hopefully they give it back :(. Otherwise I will remake Sera but with Vanil base, just because I think caprice will help speed things up, but who knows.....

#56 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

Oh man, I have a filir -> sera and i really regret doing it. Once you're done leveling, all the filir skills are useless. I'd have killed to be able to make it with an ami base so I could get that free +vit, and I should have done so during the last loyalty event, but I was afraid of taking my main hunting character out of commission, since you really get to depend on PK.

Instead of going with the filir base, I am going with a Vanil form. It is almost 80 and shy right now.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 22 January 2015 - 04:57 AM.

#57 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

Instead of going with the filir base, I am going with a Vanil form. It is almost 80 and shy right now.

since you are redoing with Vanil.

Here is slight trick, don't immediately evolve it to HomunS when the vanil hits lvl99. Let it earn enough exp to almost lv100, then it evolve it.

#58 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

That's true of all base types - no matter what you change it to, it will level worse after change until you get homun S skills. However, its a slightly risky game, since if you slip and it hits 100, you've permanently lost out on almost a level of homun stats/sp/hp.

#59 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

since you are redoing with Vanil.

Here is slight trick, don't immediately evolve it to HomunS when the vanil hits lvl99. Let it earn enough exp to almost lv100, then it evolve it.

hahaha Indeed, very slick! Thank you!

#60 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

to DrAzzy,

I Got a vani-Dieter, (lvl122 now) but as u said, its not good as Amistr-Sera.

How slow can Amistr-Sera be? vani-Dieter is two times/three times fast than Amistr-Sera?

should i Creat another Gen so i can creat Amistr-Sera or should i just delete vani-Dieter(lvl 121, this is with me for 8 years...so.... its a really tough choice...)

#61 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:37 PM

Ami->Dieter is *much* slower - at least 2-3x - until you get lava slide. Once you have lava slide, the difference is much smaller. 

#62 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

Ami->Dieter is *much* slower - at least 2-3x - until you get lava slide. Once you have lava slide, the difference is much smaller. 

i mean Amistr-Sera compare to vani-Dieter

#63 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:13 PM

Kobeonion, I will tell you about my experience.

I level up an Amistr, Loyal, turn it into a Sera and deleted the next day.

Amistr-Sera "Locks up" it hits and then it stays frozen for about 3-4 seconds before hitting again. This makes it super aggravating and very very very very slow. I wouldn't recommend Amistr for a Sera. I would say Vanil-Sera for sure. It is what I got now and my Sera is hitting way faster than my Amistr base Sera and with the bolts it can snipe pretty effectively.

Again I warn you Amistr-Sera will be slow slow slow. Vanil-Sera will be a lot faster to level up.

#64 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Kobeonion, I will tell you about my experience.

I level up an Amistr, Loyal, turn it into a Sera and deleted the next day.

Amistr-Sera "Locks up" it hits and then it stays frozen for about 3-4 seconds before hitting again. This makes it super aggravating and very very very very slow. I wouldn't recommend Amistr for a Sera. I would say Vanil-Sera for sure. It is what I got now and my Sera is hitting way faster than my Amistr base Sera and with the bolts it can snipe pretty effectively.

Again I warn you Amistr-Sera will be slow slow slow. Vanil-Sera will be a lot faster to level up.

thanks for your reply and sharing ur experience!

but as DrAzzy said, amistr is only useful 1st homun, hmmm i think i will go for amistr-sera because i got a vani-dieter already, so i think its ok even tho is really slow lvlup hah

#65 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

True. It does gives you more VIT. But perhaps is not necessary. In my experience it didn't help much. On the other hand I will have pain killer much faster which will actually help a ton.

#66 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

The issue with homuns getting stuck in the final frame of the flinch animation effects all homun S, but is dependent in part on aspd, so ami's, with poor agi prior to change to S, will see it worse. I don't know if it's actually worse for sera - it seems to be worse for sera/bay vs dieter, but I don't know if I have enough of a sample to base that on. 

#67 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

Having had 2 seras one with Amistr and another one with Vanil I can safely say that My Sera is a lot quicker now.

#68 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

My Sera is almost 104 and enjoying the Vanil base for sure. I am so glad it is not a Amistr plus I will be able to make my own pots

#69 kobeonion

kobeonion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationCalifornia,USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

The issue with homuns getting stuck in the final frame of the flinch animation effects all homun S, but is dependent in part on aspd, so ami's, with poor agi prior to change to S, will see it worse. I don't know if it's actually worse for sera - it seems to be worse for sera/bay vs dieter, but I don't know if I have enough of a sample to base that on. 

Hi, DrAzzy!

I have a question, is that a necessary to get the Amistr final skill Blood Lust? Because if yes...means i have to feed it to loyal again which is really long time...please advise!

#70 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

Hi, DrAzzy!

I have a question, is that a necessary to get the Amistr final skill Blood Lust? Because if yes...means i have to feed it to loyal again which is really long time...please advise!

I recommend it, particularly if you're planning to non-afk-level your homun. But it is such a pain to get!

#71 xxccxx

xxccxx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Server:I

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

Got a Vani+Sera currently 114 no ragrets post 2 week of mostly afk.

#72 vividort

vividort

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Server:Hiatus x Hiatus

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

in many aspects i would say amistr> dieter is best, Pyroclastic and Volcanic Ash is great, Dieter ups faster. Pain Killer does saves some potions but on monsters that have high damage skills it doesnt helps that much (which is pretty frequent on high end monster) and takes so much time to level just to get 1 actually useful skill at level 126.

Edited by vividort, 09 March 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#73 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to the homunculus system but I know I want to make an Eira.  What would be the best base for her?  And what's the fastest base for leveling?

Thanks

#74 MorseCoder

MorseCoder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

The four base Homunculus are described pretty well on the irowiki page:

http://irowiki.org/w...munculus_System

#75 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

Either Ami (slowest to level, but has bulwark, which is useful endgame) or vani (faster to level, but less useful endgame). If you're planning to seriously make potions using Prepare Potion, you want vani because it increases poting success rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users