Best Homun + Homun S Combination - Page 4 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best Homun + Homun S Combination

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#76 Zober

Zober

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

Does the vani potion success rate persists after evolving it into homun S?

#77 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

I think the homun S retains all the skills from the base.

Also, is it viable to get the 4th skill if I base vanil for Eira?

#78 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

Yes, it's having Instruction Change that gives the bonus. 

Vani's 4th skill is actually semi-usable on an Eira. (I've also wondered whether the filir skill would do enough damage to be interesting in WoE  - it might be good!)

(as I click post while closing tabs, and realize it was like 6 days old)

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 March 2015 - 04:40 PM.

#79 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:54 AM

It does retain it's skills. Therefore potion success still increased with a vanil base homun even after evolving it.

#80 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

Making my second Gene and i am now contemplating on making a Amistr form

#81 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:31 PM

GL with that, probably the slowest and most painful homun to level till homun S aoe. My Amistr > dieter had no skills till lave slide. And a really really painful aspd of 134. It was hitting once every 2 seconds

#82 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:31 PM

Lif is much worse. Same aspd, but lower str (kills more slowly), and lower hp and vit (less survivability). They get more int and sp, but what good is that when they have no useful skills whatsoever?

#83 XaviDucky

XaviDucky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:44 PM

GL with that, probably the slowest and most painful homun to level till homun S aoe. My Amistr > dieter had no skills till lave slide. And a really really painful aspd of 134. It was hitting once every 2 seconds

IF you would make another Gene, would you pick Amistr based again? and Why?

#84 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:10 PM

oh please, Dieter gets its aoe at 109. A Sera doesn't get it till 116.

because we are glutton for punishment.

made 2 double loyal Ami->Sera.

#85 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

Given that I have 2 max homuns, one vanil > sera, and the other amistr > dieter I actually would opt for a amistr base. I have all the time in the world to afk lol, so the leveling time doesn't bother me much. The 30vit is quite big help (adds some hp, but barely helps with stuns when you have 90+ vit as a gene), but is somewhat unreliable for timing. It's arguably useful for yourself, especially if you run a gene with 90++ vit.

Then again, what other base homun skills are out there that can be of use lol. Most genes however don't bother using the base skills. Afterall it's not much difference if you're comparing Pyro or Pain Killer.

Here's what you can do. Run the stats calculator and see how much 30 vit helps you :D

P.s : Castling can be a really really useful skill too. No one ever mentions about it.

#86 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

I went for the Amistr/Sera combo (even got godammed Bloodlust) and I'm loving it.

My 110 Gen can tank stuff like a champ on TI, not to mention giving PK to the squishies and Healers (because players carrying Ygg Leaves are so rare)

As posted way back in this thread, Sera's PK definitively helps reducing consumables' usage so is good for farming and mobbing.

Yeah, it was an effing pain and sometimes I felt I would lose my mind (actually, after hitting 150 with my Homun I didn't touch my Gen for a long while) because Amistr kills slowly and then Sera takes longer than Dieter to get her AoE, I won't deny that guys.

But looking at the results now, with my Sera also being very tanky I must say that it was all worth it.

#87 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:59 PM

Doomsquare, did you know that if you set your AI to use bulwark at level 3, it will keep +20 vit up at all times without any cooldown? Lol

And I agree, I had Amistr>Sera and killed it. Couldn't take it.

Then I made a Vanil base Sera and was much faster at leveling up, but for my 2nd Gene I decided I am going for Amistr>Dieter.

Edit: Typing from my iPhone isn't fun......

Edited by MoyuZ777, 04 May 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#88 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:15 AM

Amistr > dieter is worse than Amistr > Sera imo, it's aspd is just much lower. Haven't tried the level3, but will give it a shot. Never really relied on it since my pvm gene has 90vit already. Brewer vit with 60 has vanil base  xD

#89 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

that is fine if it is slower than Sera, I will get the AOE at 109 anyway. I appreciate the fact that I will have potentially +56 VIT when I fully buff, +20 vit foods , +6 vit foods, +30 Amistr Bulwark, +90 Base Vit. 146 VIT + HP large Increase potion should give me a considerable boost in HP which is what I am going for.

If I went with Sera I would need to wait until level 116. Ain't nobody got time for that xD

#90 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:57 PM

But sera has much better aspd, especially when going from amistr. Then again who needs amistr bulwak when you have PK. I personally believe amistr > sera is a waste.

Also, so much vits, kinda wasteful. All you really need is 100 vit with gears for stun immunity. Bonus vits just adds hp, which is really insignificant. You should opt for less base vit and go for moar dmg!

#91 XaviDucky

XaviDucky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:09 PM

You made me want to remake my homun. Currently have amistr lv 91 for future sera.

#92 fIower

fIower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

If I were to do a homunculus again, I wouldn't pick an amistr base. First my amistr>dieter had aspd 131 upon evolving and only went up 1 aspd per level in the initial stages. Way too torturous, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  :sob: I mean, +30 vit is nice, but I find it negligible. Blood lust is useless in the end-game. Now I'm working on an amistr>sera and it freezes a lot when attacking (someone remind me why). It has better aspd than amistr>dieter in the low levels though. I advised my friend to go the vani>sera route for his pet, for faster leveling.

#93 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:55 PM

pretty much ppl who say it is a waste of time to do amistr sera are decked players who kills MVPs very fast. For low/mid gear players who could not kill MVPs fast, having amistr base tanking the mvp allowing you to bomb 2~5 time before taking damage is a bless.

#94 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:07 AM

You made me want to remake my homun. Currently have amistr lv 91 for future sera.

Lol you don't have to. It just opens the possibility for stats as you'll need less base vit to achieve stun immunity.

pretty much ppl who say it is a waste of time to do amistr sera are decked players who kills MVPs very fast. For low/mid gear players who could not kill MVPs fast, having amistr base tanking the mvp allowing you to bomb 2~5 time before taking damage is a bless.

I'm probably guilty of that too. But I must also add that 95% of genes out there don't really know how to command their homuns. But regardless of what base, certain mvps can still one shot them. You'll still have to resummon etc and let them get one shotted. Just kite! And I doubt that help from a homun tank would be needed for low end mvps (unless you don't have cast interruption gears)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users