Increase on the vend limit. - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Increase on the vend limit.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

you're putting way too much faith in the system. i take it you haven't seen renewal items showing up on the classic server? how do you think they got there?

its not really duping.. from what i understand they take take a items data and reproduce it outside the game then inject the data back into the game... its not like a simple trick that anybody can just do... its how the zeny sellers also can sell MVP cards that are ultra rare... im surprised nobody has figured out how to just directly inflate their zeny using the same concept....

#77 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

How is that NOT duping?

#78 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:22 PM

How is that NOT duping?

i guess i always think of duping as an in-game method... like what was done with the old mail system...

#79 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:26 PM

you're putting way too much faith in the system. i take it you haven't seen renewal items showing up on the classic server? how do you think they got there?

Never heard of that, and I don't play such. However with that said, while it might not be "super" easy to do,  but items should be easy to allow a older server to have. As long as it can't do a skill that doesn't exist, it shouldn't be hard for a admin to pull such off.

items tagged with 3rd jobs in addition to non-3rd jobs, shouldn't matter, since equipment(if coded correctly) should only be checking the character's job, that is trying to put it on, not the database(only equipment that triggers skills should ever be checking the database, to know what the skill does).

To Facekiller: Yea either that or by hacking/modifying the save file. Tetra Master, which was hosted along side FF 11, had a flawed save file writing system that allowed people to dupe cards, just by DCing for crying outloud.

It's bazaar though, things like mail box type system, with ways to abuse it to dupe items, is usually only seen in single player games, so that had to have been a really major screw up to say the least. Does kRO even test that system, before tossing in on the live servers?

Edited by Zoltor, 04 December 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#80 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:40 PM

GMs definitely didn't put those items in question onto the classic server so an outside party did it. can you imagine what these 3rd parties would do with certs that you could cash in for 1 billion a pop from an npc? you wouldn't even need to find buyers to facilitate your transactions anymore, they would have their own infinite source of income for continued rmt purposes.

edit: and to your question on mailboxes and such, they clearly didn't test it enough. it's why the AH was disabled as well because items were being duped into the mailbox system from there as well. rather than try to fix the problem, they just took out the feature. in fact, iRO had to request that the mailbox system be restored as the mail system was just reimplemented on kRO after the original AH fiasco.

Edited by Necrohealiac, 04 December 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#81 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

as always, the problem with things like certs or coins is duping. it'd cause less headache in the long run to have a proper banking system that will hold your funds for you.

Please please please explain to me why the possibility to dupe, say, a 100k zeny token which has to be exchanged at npc, can't be vended or sold to npc, and can't be mailed, would be able to be duped as a form of abuse that would ruin the server----- when they could already dupe treasure boxes or gold bullion to the same effect *right*now*?

Because I feel like an idiot for not seeing the wisdom of this argument that I've heard many times on this forum. Maybe you can be the one to enlighten me.

Edited by Jaye, 04 December 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#82 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

We know that the community wants an increase to the amount that can be vended/traded at a time and have been pushing to get that update from kRO as soon as we can. It's not something as simple as editing a file in our script or db but requires that the change be built into the fabric of the game itself. 

This is a pretty good reply RE: vend limits

forget certs, use Giant Squids.

#83 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

Please please please explain to me why the possibility to dupe, say, a 100k zeny token which has to be exchanged at npc, can't be vended or sold to npc, and can't be mailed, would be able to be duped as a form of abuse that would ruin the server----- when they could already dupe treasure boxes or gold bullion to the same effect *right*now*?

Because I feel like an idiot for not seeing the wisdom of this argument that I've heard many times on this forum. Maybe you can be the one to enlighten me.

The only thing I can think of:

If you're talking about 1bil tokens (which is what's often brought up) for large trades, as a zeny seller, you'd only need to dupe a couple of them every so often to keep stock. If you want to dupe treasure boxes though, you'd need to dupe 5377 treasure boxes for 1bil zeny.

Duping 10 tokens is much less suspicious than duping 53,770 treasure boxes.

Also, you don't even need to "redeem" the tokens, as they can be traded to other players, and that's what the players want in the end. Players don't want storages filled with treasure boxes, and they'd need to "cash in" the treasure boxes to npcs, which id be more inclined to believe it would raise flags more quickly, than items that just "silently" sit in your inventory.

Edited by Tofu, 04 December 2014 - 03:34 PM.

#84 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

The only thing I can think of:

If you're talking about 1bil tokens (which is what's often brought up) for large trades, as a zeny seller, you'd only need to dupe a couple of them every so often to keep stock. If you want to dupe treasure boxes though, you'd need to dupe 5377 treasure boxes for 1bil zeny.

Duping 10 tokens is much less suspicious than duping 53,770 treasure boxes.

Also, you don't even need to "redeem" the tokens, as they can be traded to other players, and that's what the players want in the end. Players don't want storages filled with treasure boxes, and they'd need to "cash in" the treasure boxes to npcs, which id be more inclined to believe it would raise flags more quickly, than items that just "silently" sit in your inventory.

If the token is, say, 1m (not 1b), you could have 30 billion zeny in tokens on your character, and in each storage. Don't you think that is plenty?

If someone dupes thousands of tokens to get a few bil, that'd be detectable.

I don't think selling things to an NPC triggers any sort of automated alert? GMs haven't mentioned such a thing and it seems beyond their ability (no offense). An investigation into someone with 1,000 tokens would show how they got them just as easily as why you're investigating 5,000 bullion items.

#85 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'd never trust those scammers..

Even if ppl tries...

#86 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

I wish I could say as much as I could about dups but I'm pretty sure WP would be mad at me, it really depends on the item(s) dupped.  I'm cautiously optimistic about tokens due to the abuse that CAN happen but it doesn't mean it WILL happen.  Some items are easier to track then others, if such a system was introduced I would hope that the developers get some advice about the fact that RO has and always will be an unsecure client and thus MUST at a minimum require two way verification.  The vending limit has a purpose due to the fact you can only store so much zeny on a character due to software constraints they placed on themselves a decade ago but was rightfully justified for no broadband at the time, barely 56k modems.  12 items at max 100m is already a little over half the max amount you can carry on one character.  Really the fact that zeny is a character bound trait and not an account bound trait was a big mistake imho.  Bank or tokens or both is fine imho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users